Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447998 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:55am On Apr 30, 2021
rationalmind:

This is why I sometimes don't take things I read online serious. You read some posts and it just annoys you. It feels like this person thinks everyone reading is an idiot.

Let's say he has earned an average of 40,000 over the last 11 years. Let's assume he has saved everything he has earned without spending a kobo. The total money he would have made in heaven and on earth is about 5m.

This guy wants us to believe he has bought lands, built two three bedroom flats, probably gotten married, had kids, sent them to school, transports to work, feeds and feeds the family, paid rent before he built his house all on 5m naira in the last 11 years.

Haba

You can earn N5 million in 10 years and the worth of your investments from the salary to be worth N20 million in 10 years

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 6:26am On Apr 30, 2021
rationalmind:

This is why I sometimes don't take things I read online serious. You read some posts and it just annoys you. It feels like this person thinks everyone reading is an idiot.

Let's say he has earned an average of 40,000 over the last 11 years. Let's assume he has saved everything he has earned without spending a kobo. The total money he would have made in heaven and on earth is about 5m.

This guy wants us to believe he has bought lands, built two three bedroom flats, probably gotten married, had kids, sent them to school, transports to work, feeds and feeds the family, paid rent before he built his house all on 5m naira in the last 11 years.

Haba

So on point!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2021
Grupo:

This is highly unbelievable.

You are likely not telling the full story.

You either have another business, or your wife earns big or you engage in "sharp" practices in the office.

wink

That is the part of the story where they have either refused to disclose or dont know about other people's story

Nigerians and Grass to grace / Aspire to perspire stories which make them not ask questions are 5 &8

If you want to get a loan for a house in a sensible country, you have to explain where you have been working and how you are able to come up with deposits and subsequent payments

Nigerians never have any sensible explanation for sudden wealth other than ""Na God"

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelynife(m): 7:25am On Apr 30, 2021
Grupo:

This is highly unbelievable.

You are likely not telling the full story.

You either have another business, or your wife earns big or you engage in "sharp" practices in the office.
I'm currently working with University of ibadan and my wife is not working (as 5he is working with one nursery school paying 10k and we all know women money is always their money and not our money).
As I said my secret includes Cooperative society, contributions and planning as God released it

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:27am On Apr 30, 2021
Lovelynife:

I'm currently working with University of ibadan and my wife is not working (as 5he is working with one nursery school paying 10k and we all know women money is always their money and not our money).
As I said my secret includes Cooperative society, contributions and planning as God released it

Na so

grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:28am On Apr 30, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

My father retired from Unilag in 1989, his total annual pay was less than 30k.

His gratuity when he retired was 46k, i need not to tell you the worth and cashflow he is getting from the 46k retirement benefits which he invested well. Coupled with series of good real estate investments he made during his 25 years in service

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelynife(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2021
rationalmind:

Haba

believe what you like or not. Still a living testimony and if you want to learn from my God's given secret, you can contact me for free consultation and advice. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Wow. You have 2 houses and your children are living fine on 38k salary. God is indeed good. Keep it up boss.

grin

na God

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2021
Lovelynife:

believe what you like or not. Still a living testimony and if you want to learn from my God's given secret you can contact me for free consultation and advice. Shalom

Na So

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2021
Took advice from this thread and started to look at Agritech from afar smiley

Glad I did, cos the other two times I did not listen to USD advice I came across on this thread, i suffer am bad bad

Kudos to everyone who contributes positively, some of us dey observe and take advice lowkey

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by libartay(f): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2021
Lovelynife:

believe what you like or not. Still a living testimony and if you want to learn from my God's given secret, you can contact me for free consultation and advice. Shalom

Why not analyze it here so all will learn and understand how you worked it then also clear all these doubts sir?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelynife(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2021
libartay:

Why not analyze it here so all will learn and understand how you worked it then also clear all these doubts sir?
you are left to doubt or believe. I said it all planning(eating at home,buying in bulk), economize and cooperative/contribution

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 9:27am On Apr 30, 2021
I really think what the man have said could be achieved.
1. Mr A taste of building is different from Mr B.
2. The cost of living for Mr A is different from Mr B. Irrespective of the amount spent and the type of food consumed, they're all ok with it.
3. Mr A may choose public schools for his kids and Mr B may choose private. School Na School.
In summary, we can achieve alot even with a token, depending on lifestyle and one's priority.

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:44am On Apr 30, 2021
Nothing much to analyse there really. One man's comfort is another man's lack. DSTV premium subscription for a month is about N18,400.. Some people subscribe it and still add extra money for other package such as hdd/extra views for their other room and even French or Asian and on/ touch extra packages which could amount to about N24,600 while others use GoTV & startime then subscribe minimum (GoTV) and some do not even have any cable TV at all yet they are comfortable with the situation.

Some people go to Buka in Transcorp Hilton, Dunes, javenik, etc just to take breakfast, lunch or dinner as it pleases them while others are ok with mama Chidinma N300 per plate or small roasted yam. All of them see it as comfortable accorfing to their pocket.

Some people can make do with Aboki bread of N100 and be ok while others are not even ok with normal family loaf but instead will go for fruit bread.

To still burst out bubble as desirable as private schools seem these days, government schools are still filled up. Infact lots of them still requires good grades and strong connections to be admitted.

People leave in an environment where they have their own duplexes house about 16 ACs or more washing machines, Electric Cookers and other heavy appliances in their house with at least 30KVA gen and above.. you can imagine the Electricity bills and diesel bills. Some may only afford a 1,2 or 3 bedroom.

People build it 1,000 sqm in maitama, asokoro, Wuse 2 ,Katampe Extension, wuye , guzape etc... While others will enter mpape, Orozo etc to build on 200sqm.

Bills most times comes to you as the society and people around you sees you.

Also, do not underestimate the power of contribution for those that believe in it. In civil/public service a lot of people with meagre salary and without means of looting/stealing still achieve things with it.

Many people did not just get married and start having children before work or immediately they get employed. Some would have designed a pattern to save and invest with their salary no matter how meagre and getting a head way before marriage.

So, that the loud majority can not cut their coat according to their cloth does not mean people are not achieving more with little...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2021
Minus miracle from God, the only logical explanation is that the teacher teaches in a boarding school with staff quarters. Free house, free light, free water and free food for family from dining hall. His children go to the school for free and no transportation costs as na just to trek to and from staff quarters. With cooperative loans, some egunje and runs here and there plus wife’s salary, of course the person can afford to build small decent bungalow inside one village or very cheap town on his 50k teacher salary.

But a common man that has to feed and clothe his family, pay rent, school fees, light and water bills, transport, buy data and phone credit, etc and still wants to build house on a 50k salary will have to depend on God’s miracle. And miracles still happen. Shalom smiley

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 10:10am On Apr 30, 2021
[quote author.

That's it.
Someone told me last week that a cup of carry is #100 and I was shocked because we've not bought carry and few other food stuff in our house for a long time now. We get them from our farm.

Some family is used to bottle water, some are used to sachet water while some boiled water, filter it and drink.

I've a friend who's a state civil servant I normally consult for advice, especially when I don't have enough cash to pay for labour.
This guy build a house similar to the one in question. He usually pays direct labour. Sometimes he pays the block work in counting.
The "hardship" in the country has changed our orientation and also taught us how to manage our hard earned money.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:31am On Apr 30, 2021
Lovelynife:

bro, contentment and planning is the key.
I am a living testimony here not for boasting but for you to learn. Before introduction of ippis to federal tertiary institution in Nigeria, my salary was 43700 but now my salary is about 38850 due to heavy taxation by ippis. To the glory of God I have 2- Three bedroom flat in ibadan(though the 2nd flat still in lintel level) and my children living fine.
now to my God's given secret
1)planning
2)economize
3)cooperative society
4)contribution.
Those are the secret God gave me to forge ahead and no need for what not useful for me

Lazyyouth4u:

Wow. You have 2 houses and your children are living fine on 38k salary. God is indeed good. Keep it up boss.

It is true now. ASUU is always on strike and while they are on strike, they are still being paid. While they are on that strike, don't you know that they just sit at home and do nothing?. grin

Btw, my sister-in-law is a government worker. She has not gone to work since the pandemic but she has been collecting salaries. In some years to come, she will come and do a motivational talk and tell the audience that she was earning less than 50k a month as a government worker but was able to build houses with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2021
hustla:

wink

That is the part of the story where they have either refused to disclose or dont know about other people's story

Nigerians and Grass to grace / Aspire to perspire stories which make them not ask questions are 5 &8

If you want to get a loan for a house in a sensible country, you have to explain where you have been working and how you are able to come up with deposits and subsequent payments

Nigerians never have any sensible explanation for sudden wealth other than ""Na God"

Somebody in my office ask me why is it that when i come into the office, i do not feel hot but feel cool?. I told him that 'Na God o'. Meanwhile, i have A/C in my car that i switch on when coming to the office. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2021
freeman67:
Nothing much to analyse there really. One man's comfort is another man's lack. DSTV premium subscription for a month is about N18,400.. Some people subscribe it and still add extra money for other package such as hdd/extra views for their other room and even French or Asian and on/ touch extra packages which could amount to about N24,600 while others use GoTV & startime then subscribe minimum (GoTV) and some do not even have any cable TV at all yet they are comfortable with the situation.

Some people go to Buka in Transcorp Hilton, Dunes, javenik, etc just to take breakfast, lunch or dinner as it pleases them while others are ok with mama Chidinma N300 per plate or small roasted yam. All of them see it as comfortable accorfing to their pocket.

Some people can make do with Aboki bread of N100 and be ok while others are not even ok with normal family loaf but instead will go for fruit bread.

To still burst out bubble as desirable as private schools seem these days, government schools are still filled up. Infact lots of them still requires good grades and strong connections to be admitted.

People leave in an environment where they have their own duplexes house about 16 ACs or more washing machines, Electric Cookers and other heavy appliances in their house with at least 30KVA gen and above.. you can imagine the Electricity bills and diesel bills. Some may only afford a 1,2 or 3 bedroom.

People build it 1,000 sqm in maitama, asokoro, Wuse 2 ,Katampe Extension, wuye , guzape etc... While others will enter mpape, Orozo etc to build on 200sqm.

Also, do not underestimate the power of contribution for those that believe in it. In civil/public service a lot of people with meagre salary and without means of looting/stealing still achieve things with it.

Many people did not just get married and start having children before work or immediately they get employed. Some would have designed a pattern to save and invest with their salary no matter how meagre and getting a head way before marriage.

So, that the loud majority can not cut their coat according to their cloth does not mean people are not achieving more with little...
You just said it all.Nothing is impossible if you are determined and work towards it.When I built my first house I knew what I was making without family inheritance and I don't cut corners to make money

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 11:40am On Apr 30, 2021
NL1960:

Somebody in my office ask me why is it that when i come into the office, i do not feel hot but feel cool?. I told him that 'Na God o'. Meanwhile, i have A/C in my car that i switch on when coming to the office. grin cheesy

Na still God

grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pussiboner: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2021
Biafran4life:
You just said it all.Nothing is impossible if you are determined and work towards it.When I built my first house I knew what I was making without family inheritance and I don't cut corners to make money

Are you saying you have never cut corners to make money or you no longer cut corners to make money?

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Minus miracle from God, the only logical explanation is that the teacher teaches in a boarding school with staff quarters. Free house, free light, free water and free food for family from dining hall. His children go to the school for free and no transportation costs as na just to trek to and from staff quarters. With cooperative loans, some egunje and runs here and there plus wife’s salary, of course the person can afford to build small decent bungalow inside one village or very cheap town on his 50k teacher salary.

But a common man that has to feed and clothe his family, pay rent, school fees, light and water bills, transport, buy data and phone credit, etc and still wants to build house on a 50k salary will have to depend on God’s miracle. And miracles still happen. Shalom smiley

All things being equal, you actually can manage this - data is not a must as a lot of people do not use smartphones, phone credit can also be reduced to bare minimum

Transport, some people actually follow people with cars to work, to and fro.. Especially common for government workers

School fees - no be everyone go go expensive sch las las

Clothes - You can get cheap clothes at Super / yaba between #300 to 1K naira. Office shirts, 600 bucks - very clean ones sef grin

It is not easy to do, but it can be done. Said person will have to cut down on a lot of things which make life enjoyable

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2021
isangjohnson:
I really think what the man have said could be achieved.
1. Mr A taste of building is different from Mr B.
2. The cost of living for Mr A is different from Mr B. Irrespective of the amount spent and the type of food consumed, they're all ok with it.
3. Mr A may choose public schools for his kids and Mr B may choose private. School Na School.
In summary, we can achieve alot even with a token, depending on lifestyle and one's priority.

School different from school My Oga

Cambridge different from LASU

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PerfectMatchNG: 11:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Lovelynife:

grin he came from heaven to give it to you, Oga, Na UI you dey work, and I know the sharp practices that goes on in UI, so Ke gba gbe, be ni mo so

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PerfectMatchNG: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
Lovelynife:

Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PerfectMatchNG: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
=N=50,000 per month
Feeding & Transportation alone done finish this money, assuming he cooks at home and does 0-1-1
Data 1k5
Small change for offering
Parents Token
Let be realistic
freeman67:

Let assume he was doing the bolded 10k a month, it means 120k a year, right? MMF or any investment he will do will have to be compounded for 5 yrs and inflation will wipe it out

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PerfectMatchNG: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
What are you saying, can you compare the economic indices then and now angry
emmanuelewumi:

My father retired from Unilag in 1989, his total annual pay was less than 30k.

His gratuity when he retired was 46k, i need not to tell you the worth and cashflow he is getting from the 46k retirement benefits which he invested well. Coupled with series of good real estate investments he made during his 25 years in service
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
Living on 50k salary is possible and the bulk of Nigerians are doing it but nobody likes the reality of living such life......................... Its almost unimaginable where one has no access to some form of communal wealth like working for a big corporation or a wealthy person...........

People living this way are extremely resourceful and knowledgeable in many areas, almost everyone who has built a house out of meagre resources ended up turning themselves to different types of Engineer in the process but you in-advently see their touches in the structures they have erected, they usually lack ergronomics........

It depends on what one is looking at

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
These foreigners are minting money in agriculture ooo. Palm oil to be precise

Okomu soil N12 billion worth of palm oil between January and March 2021.

Presco sold N8 billion worth.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by libartay(f): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lovelynife:

you are left to doubt or believe. I said it all planning(eating at home,buying in bulk), economize and cooperative/contribution

Simply itemize what you do attaching monetary figures to them monthly to give an idea of how you were able to build a house with your said salary is difficult for you and you're getting all defensive offensive?
Or God said the formula is a private affair?

It's ok to keep deceiving your self oo but don't think you can easily work it off on a lot of people.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2021
PerfectMatchNG:
=N=50,000 per month
Feeding & Transportation alone done finish this money, assuming he cooks at home and does 0-1-1
Data 1k5
Small change for offering
Parents Token
Let be realisticLet assume he was doing the bolded 10k a month, it means 120k a year, right? MMF or any investment he will do will have to be compounded for 5 yrs and inflation will wipe it out
He said contribution/staff cooperative not MMF.
in staff cooperative, you can take 3times the amount you have in contribution that means he can take 360k to keep paying back as he contributes. Now tell me is 360k not handful for someone on economy budget to do something worthwhile?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
Why we need passive income.

What is your passive income, active income ratio?

Starting point is 1:1, but it is not an easy task.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.