Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429539 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2021
chigo4u:

Coral income fund and It crashed this month.

What is the current price.

The guy managing the fund is not smart, should have converted 80% of the fund to cash since February 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 8:41pm On May 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the current price.

The guy managing the fund is not smart, should have converted 80% of the fund to cash since February 2021
You didn’t get an email about the crash? The price was at 5% but investors lost over 20% of their fund including capital (unheard of) this month but they have rectified it and restored up to April balance. Could have been a big scandal
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by waphany07c(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2021
jamace:
I think it starts from N100k.

This is right
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

My money market fund with United Capital is now paying close to 7%
Can I open an account with them without going to thr office as per online thing.Is time I stopped just allowing my money to be wasting in this banks for months/years with no gain apart from the SIR when you call your account officer
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 11:45pm On May 25, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:52am On May 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
Can I open an account with them without going to thr office as per online thing.Is time I stopped just allowing my money to be wasting in this banks for months/years with no gain apart from the SIR when you call your account officer

Yes you can. You can either do it through their mobile app or you send them a mail indicating your intentions attaching your passport, valid ID and prove of residence(utility bill payment receipt of not less than 3 months)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:08am On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Which of the funds do you have with FSDH.

I have FSDH Treasury Bill Fund and Coral Income Fund with them

Oga Emma, e be like say na every fund you put money for. I for no mind if you can 'adopt' me as your junior sibling o as in 'last born sibling'. grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

Oga Emma, e be like say na every fund you put money for. I for no mind if you can 'adopt' me as your junior sibling o as in 'last born sibling'. grin

Just 7 funds ooo, for different purposes and to avoid co-mingling.

I have

FBN Quest Money Market Fund, for rental income

Abacus Money Market Fund for University Education of the kids

VGIF emergency fund

FSDH Treasury Bill Fund for flenjor

Coral Income Fund: 30% of dividends earned are invested there. Liquidated everything during the lockdown to take position in the stock markets.

United Capital Fixed Income Fund is for diversification and personal retirement plan, 50% of the profit from my personal business goes there. It will continue until, I retire and sell the business.

United Capital Money Fund: I am my grandma's eldest grand son, rental income from her properties are invested there. We use the fund to renovate and maintain the properties, 80% of the surplus is shared among the 20 grandchildren in December during the family reunion party

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LauraClasikVibe(f): 11:19am On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

Except crypto
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 11:23am On May 26, 2021
Excellent foundation and financial planning Sir Emma. Is there no room to add Mr/Mrs/Miss NL1960 to the Xmas sharing event this year? grin wink

emmanuelewumi:

I have

VGIF emergency fund

Coral Income Fund: 30% of dividends earned are invested there. Liquidated everything during the lockdown to take position in the stock markets.

United Capital Fixed Income Fund is for diversification and personal retirement plan

United Capital Money Fund: I am my grandma's eldest grand son, rental income from her properties are invested there. We use the fund to renovate and maintain the properties, 80% of the surplus is shared among the 20 grandchildren in December during the family reunion party
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I have

VGIF emergency fund

United Capital Fixed Income Fund is for diversification and personal retirement plan, 50% of the profit from my personal business goes there. It will continue until, I retire and sell the business.

I like the bolded grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28am On May 26, 2021
skydiver01:
Excellent foundation and financial planning Sir Emma. Is there no room to add Mr/Mrs/Miss NL1960 to the Xmas sharing event this year? grin wink

I’m telling you. Very well planned.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:29am On May 26, 2021
How do you manage this part?

Most siblings when I know go de suspicious and start looking for loopholes for them to request that all properties are sold and money shared.
It is hard to believe all 20 grandchildren are financially educated as you are. In the experience of a lot of people with this kind of asset, the call be sharing all money realized from it will be so loud that one can get frustrated and just share for peace to reign. So how do you man manage the others
emmanuelewumi:

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 11:43am On May 26, 2021
ojesymsym:

Most siblings when I know go de suspicious and start looking for loopholes for them to request that all properties are sold and money shared.
It is hard to believe all 20 grandchildren are financially educated as you are. In the experience of a lot of people with this kind of asset, the call be sharing all money realized from it will be so loud that one can get frustrated and just share for peace to reign. So how do you man manage the others
Transparency
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:45am On May 26, 2021
skydiver01:

I wonder o. I believe there is still a small 'room' even if the 'room' na the 'passage'. grin

Btw, i be Mr o before dem begin tag me as Miss like @Lazyyouth4u. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2021
ojesymsym:

There will be problems if such children need the funds for normal expenses, but it is a bonus which is advisable to reinvest a minimum of 50% of such once in a year income

We should be able to sell within the next 5 to 10 years. The tree is now having more branches.

Proper management of the funds helped with the post graduate studies of some of the grandchildren, start up capital for business and migration costs etc

Grandchildren are expected to receive an agreed sum on graduation, when you get married or you give birth to children and other memorable events

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2021
yazga:
Transparency

And surprised with the value of the fund over the years

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 12:03pm On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I have

VGIF emergency fund

For the purpose of learning and future investment.

What's the minimum amount I can start with all the mentioned investment?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:05pm On May 26, 2021
Is transparency enough??
Sometimes when you are transparent and people see the amount, they begin to salivate and imagine various things they could do if only they lay hands on that money, just like in the prodigal son's story. They will demand their share, it is the way I hear some guys complain about their pension funds, after they finish the money in the hands, once they see the amount building in their pension funds, they still devising ways to have access to it to also spend it asap.

yazga:
Transparency

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

I wonder o. I believe there is still a small 'room' even if the 'room' na the 'passage'. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zobah: 12:07pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

I think he can start a mentoring class so some us can learn from his years of experience in Nigeria investment space.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Don’t you get overwhelmed with all these accounts? Wouldn’t it be more efficient if you were just commingling in one or two accounts or maximum three to make it easier to track and manage? Just curious wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 26, 2021
Zobah:
I think he can start a mentoring class so some us can learn from his years of experience in Nigeria investment space.

Free of charge o grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:20pm On May 26, 2021
It will be a crime against humanity if oga Emma does not at the minimum write a book that is targeted on Nigerian situation. Most books you find are either foreign ones or paraphrased from foreign scenarios.
You can't read a book about real estate in Nigeria and start talking about mortgage and foreclosure for example... there are not reflective of the Nigerian situation. A Nigerian book on real estate for example must talk about things like deve levy, community fee, touts etc.
Zobah:

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:21pm On May 26, 2021
ojesymsym:

Sharing of the money is not even the issue. They will start demanding for a sharing of the rooms in the properties instead of money so that they will start answering landlords or roomlords. At the end of the day, the property is not maintained because nobody owns the compound as each person owns a room or rooms.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:22pm On May 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
Is transparency enough??
Sometimes when you are transparent and people see the amount, they begin to salivate and imagine various things they could do if only they lay hands on that money, just like in the prodigal son's story. They will demand their share, it is the way I hear some guys complain about their pension funds, after they finish the money in the hands, once they see the amount building in their pension funds, they still devising ways to have access to it to also spend it asap.

The are not financially literate and are not ready to be discipline.

Two employees were in this same position you describe

Employee A sold off his uncompleted building and squandered the money and later proceeded to his pension fund. As at the time, Uber was just coming out and I asked him to invest in it so as to be able to have cash to meet his needs. His currently in his home town as a farmer. This was someone that worked in one of the big 4's

Employee B didn't earn or have as A had but was able to invest and was compounding it for 5 yrs, today he has a landed property and we'll invested.

I have know Pa Emma on the teachers thread with his other handle and I could remember I was one of those people that shout down at him when he usually advise to invest no matter how little then as teachers, if I had started then, perhaps I would have been a billionaire like him, but there is no late coming in investment.

Discipline and been knowledgeable are two vital key to wealth creation.

In conclusion, 'follow the wise and you will be wise".

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:28pm On May 26, 2021
Zobah:

Over to Oga Emma. I have been learning from Oga Emma since the days of SMN. So i know am well from a distance.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:30pm On May 26, 2021
Why do I have this feeling that you are employee B?
But everything you said here is opt. We see it everyday where people squander their resources and even goodwill, then turn around to start getting bitter.

You see that story of prodigal son in the bible eh.... I stand with the first son in the way he reacted. You eat your cake and somehow want to have it back. Mbanu... let us live with the consequences of our action abeg.
God is merciful sha.
yazga:

Employee A sold off his uncompleted building and squandered the money and later proceeded to his pension fund. As at the time, Uber was just coming out and I asked him to invest in it so as to be able to have cash to meet his needs. His currently in his home town as a farmer. This was someone that worked in one of the big 4's

Employee B didn't earn or have as A had but was able to invest and was compounding it for 5 yrs, today he has a landed property and we'll invested.

I have know Pa Emma on the teachers thread with his other handle and I could remember I was one of those people that shout down at him when he usually advise to invest no matter how little then as teachers, if I had started then, perhaps I would have been a billionaire like him, but there is no late coming in investment.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:32pm On May 26, 2021
yazga:

Iam sure he will be blaming his village people or one old man or woman in his extended family as the cause.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:36pm On May 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
It will be a crime against humanity if oga Emma does not at the minimum write a book that is targeted on Nigerian situation. Most books you find are either foreign ones or paraphrased from foreign scenarios.
You can't read a book about real estate in Nigeria and start talking about mortgage and foreclosure for example... there are not reflective of the Nigerian situation. A Nigerian book on real estate for example must talk about things like deve levy, community fee, touts etc.
I am sure his working on one but note that just like every other sectors, we have cabals in the publishing sectors too. He can also testify to that.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:38pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

Over to Oga Emma. I have been learning from Oga Emma since the days of SMN. So i know am well from a distance.
What happened to SMN?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:40pm On May 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Don’t you get overwhelmed with all these accounts? Wouldn’t it be more efficient if you were just commingling in one or two accounts or maximum three to make it easier to track and manage? Just curious wink

Not at all.

I don't check them everyday and when I do, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.