Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,569 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446187 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BLAIDE: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I got 13.25% in the last FG bonds auction in the primary market

Can this rate still be gotten
How can I get something with similar rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:19am On Aug 16, 2021
BLAIDE:

Can this rate still be gotten
How can I get something with similar rate?

I bought March 2050 bond through Stanbic IBTC Bank, that was the July 2021 primary market auction.

Another one will be hold this week's Wednesday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I bought March 2050 bond through Stanbic IBTC Bank, that was the July 2021 primary market auction.

You mean primary auction? The one that will hold this week Wednesday

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
keeper303:

You mean primary auction? The one that will hold this week Wednesday

Yes another will hold in the next 48 hours
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2021
Try Piggyvest
bjtinz:
Have been debited, but nonsense as far as am concerned. From my calculations I got about 7% for 365. So pissed off. angry

I will be shelving TBs for now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Yes another will hold in the next 48 hours
But stanbic said minimum subscription is N50, 000,000 to buy from primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2021
mickky22:

But stanbic said minimum subscription is N50, 000,000 to buy from primary market

Are you an existing customer? Send a mail to your relationship manager.

They gather funds to buy on behalf of their customers.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2021
Thanks for your swift reply... I don't have account with them... Please what can I do?����
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BLAIDE: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Are you an existing customer? Send a mail to your relationship manager.

They gather funds to buy on behalf of their customers.

Thanks for response. Please do you know if an account can be opened with stanbic remotely without visiting their office? There's no stanbic branch close to me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by firstgirl: 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
For your beauty products for you and your kids. Order using the link below and thank me later.
https://www.beauficial.com?sca_ref=1001153.k1YZmfES2G
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
BLAIDE:

Thanks for response. Please do you know if an account can be opened with stanbic remotely without visiting their office? There's no stanbic branch close to me

You can, but investment opportunities are not opened to you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You can, but investment opportunities are not opened to you
Goodday Oga Emmanuelewumi
Please which of the stockbroker can you recommend for FGN Bond and Euro bond. Am using maxifund but they are not into bond.

They always try to discourage from investing into fbn bond.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Entrepreneurrr: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2021
Entrepreneurrr:

Okay. I understand.
I will apply for 364 then.

Can u advice that i should apply 100k every 2 weeks (For 500k) maybe i will hit some higher percentage
Or i should apply all once ?

emmanuelewumi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
mickky22:

They told me it's N5,000 last week oooo.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:08am On Aug 17, 2021
Entrepreneurrr:

Okay. I understand.
I will apply for 364 then.

Can u advice that i should apply 100k every 2 weeks (For 500k) maybe i will hit some higher percentage
Or i should apply all once ?

Money Market Fund is better

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:11am On Aug 17, 2021
mickky22:

Goodday Oga Emmanuelewumi
Please which of the stockbroker can you recommend for FGN Bond and Euro bond. Am using maxifund but they are not into bond.

They always try to discourage from investing into fbn bond.

I don't know the size of money you with you

You need $1000 for Eurobonds Funds offered by Asset Management firms, you will need $100,000 if you want to buy Eurobonds directly from the issuer ie government or corporate bodies
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 4:44am On Aug 17, 2021
Thanks sir
Which stockbroker will you recommend and reasons sir

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 6:24am On Aug 17, 2021
mickky22:
Thanks sir
Which stockbroker will recommend and reasons sir

Thanks in anticipation.
Morgan Capital
United Capitals
Trove
Bamboo
Chaka and more
You can choose Trove because once you sign up with the link on my profile, toi get FREE shares.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2021
A sober reflection with respect to what is happening in Afghanistan

Afghanistan is in crisis and most likely a new government will be formed. The instability will go on for a long time, the government to be likely formed by the Talibans determines everything concerning the country.

Now imagine all the domestic and foreign loans taken by the previous Afghan govt, it is most likely a default in repayments will occur, investors are leaving, foreigners are leaving, the currency is sharply losing value.

Now talk of the devil, Nigeria. If such happens in Nigeria, the same fate will befall the investors in bonds, Treasury bills, foreign loans. The value of assets will nosedive, as you invest locally it is unfortunate the need to diversify outside the shores of the country is necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2021
PresidentBuhari:

Afghanistan is in crisis and most likely a new government will be formed. The instability will go on for a long time, the government to be likely formed by the Talibans determines everything concerning the country.

Now imagine all the domestic and foreign loans taken by the previous Afghan govt, it is most likely a default in repayments will occur, investors are leaving, foreigners are leaving, the currency is sharply losing value.

Now talk of the devil, Nigeria. If such happens in Nigeria, the same fate will befall the investors in bonds, Treasury bills, foreign loans. The value of assets will nosedive, as you invest locally it is unfortunate the need to diversify outside the shores of the country is necessary.
Such situation can't befall Nigeria... Never possible.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Such situation can't befall Nigeria... Never possible.

Exactly....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2021
PresidentBuhari:

And you think such a situation can only befall Nigeria and not US, UK, Germany, China, Russia?.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
PresidentBuhari:

What if in a bid to diversify the country I invested in was Aghanistan or like it? What if the citizens of Afghanistan invest in other country but do not survive or tried to leave the country and die in the process then the country is later reorganised and the leadership decide to take are of its obligation...?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by STNWAUME(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

By 2050 exchange rate will be around N10000 per USD that is even if Nigeria still exist.

MARK MY WORD

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Entrepreneurrr: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Money Market Fund is better
Which one will u recommend for me and the risk involved?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
STNWAUME:

By 2050 exchange rate will be around N10000 per USD that is even if Nigeria still exist.

MARK MY WORD

Just be prepared, nothing should come as surprise

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2021
STNWAUME:

MARK MY WORD

The way you guys predict doom for your country dey shock me to be honest.

All these Beer parlour analysts that will just sit down at the comfort of their home and start predicting what won't happen.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
As much as never say never, I would say such situation whereby a Taliban occupies the government is not possible in the UK, USA, Germany, Russia and China. They can only hold people hostage on these soils for a maximum of 72 hours and the bullets and ammunition that will be used to clear them will be one of its kind.

NL1960:

And you think such a situation can only befall Nigeria and not US, UK, Germany, China, Russia?.

At least they diversified and if they survive, they only need their online login details to access resources unlike starting from ground zero.
The next government will be looking for allies whose obligations are priority.
freeman67:

What if in a bid to diversify the country I invested in was Aghanistan or like it? What if the citizens of Afghanistan invest in other country but do not survive or tried to leave the country and die in the process then the country is later reorganised and the leadership decide to take are of its obligation...?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Just be prepared, nothing should come as surprise
Mr Emmanuelewumi, I was at first bank and access bank... I was told that for to buy FGN Bond from primary market ... Minimum amount is N50M.... Which stanbic stock broker said I can only by from secondary market.

The question is I wish to buy from primary but I don't have upto N50M.

Wha can ido?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Any information on how to buy from primary market will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
PresidentBuhari:

Your ideas and suggestions show you're reasonable, but they're not in agreement with your moniker. A reasonable 'PresidentBuhari' is an oxymoron.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: ajbabs(m), francisobiabo(m), Zagee and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.