Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443563 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) (1982) (1983) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2021
PresidentBuhari:
Buying FGN bonds via Stanbic is quite frustrating, the branches don't do it, they need to call their stock broking unit, the unit will require funding their stockbroking account with minimum of N5m, they may delay opening CSCS account for you while holding on to your funds for two weeks.

Haba, account opening is now with zero Naira if done online but N1 million if don't offline. The new policy started about 2 months ago

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:14am On Aug 18, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Did you read the reason why they froze their accounts??

If you want to hide anything from a black man, put it in writing or hide it in a book.

During the looting that recently happened in South Africa when the former president was arrested. South Africans looted everywhere, but they left bookstores where they could get information that would liberate them, see opportunities and live a prosperous life.

Instead Africans will be looking for miracle alert from scammers who are robbing them in the Lord's name

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

If you want to hide anything from a black man, put it in writing or hide it in a book.

During the looting that recently happened in South Africa when the former president was arrested. South Africans looted everywhere, but they left bookstores where they could get information that would liberate them, see opportunities and live a prosperous life.

Instead Africans will be looking for miracle alert from scammers who are robbing them in the Lord's name
People will just read the Headline and make conclusions already without reading the Content of the news.

Bloggers must always make the Headline to be Juicy so people can visit their site always.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 7:36am On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

So this thing is true.. my pastor said he saw it on TV. the bookshop was in the middle of other exotic stores. People looted the stores on the left and right of the book shop..
God help us

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LutanFyah: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2021
Dumb folks masquerading as Patriots.

When there were no Fintech companies, the economy was in shambles but some bunch of airheads thinks killing start ups will make the dead currency come back to life.

Their hate for the youths who challenged them with Endsars and found a way to lift themselves out from poverty is killing them and they're throwing up trumped up charges,and some hirelings here are foaming from every orifices in their body to defend it.

Dumb Devils.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2021
Awon book readers. Knowledge comes from reading books. Understanding comes from reading in-between the lines.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibk2020: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2021
The naija present president can default TBills payment ooo. Invest wisely.
My 2 cent

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Expected yield for today's primary market bond opening. I got 13.25 last month

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chikebrain: 10:07am On Aug 18, 2021
@emmanuelewumi. Between FBN quest and united capital which is best to run money market with.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:09am On Aug 18, 2021
Chikebrain:
@emmanuelewumi. Between FBN quest and united capital which is best to run money market with.

That is left to you to decide, I have relationship with both of them.

Between Gulder and Star which is better?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omotola90(m): 10:54am On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Bought N4.5 million worth through the primary last month, it was facilitated by my bank

You can buy from the secondary market through your Stockbrokers or bank.

Find attached the updates after today's bond trading as it was sent to me 5 minutes ago
@emmanuel, good morning... Which brokerage firm is this?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Quote me on a dead thread on who to mail or call at Stanbic IBTC Bank head office.

If you have minimum of N5 million to invest you can always buy corporate bonds through major stockbroking firms eg Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers, United Capital Securities, Chapel Hill Denham, CSL Stockbrokers, Afrinvest Securities, FSDH Securities and many more.

If you don't have a minimum of N5 million to invest at a goal on a given commercial paper, Money Market Fund is also good.

Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker is the preferred one among Stockbroking firms for bond investments in the secondary market

Ok sir..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2021
omotola90:
@emmanuel, good morning... Which brokerage firm is this?

I buy through bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
So fintechs with the tashere money Dey handle are the ones driving the economy

When dey beg some of you to read and be informed, una no go gree. Just spewing trash everywhere. undecided

Mumu calling other people dumb.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Coolabbie: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
AlphaLion:

When dey beg some of you to read and be informed, una no go gree. Just spewing trash everywhere. undecided

Off your mic grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
So from the little money paid by retail investors, Stanbic IBTC Asset Management can generate up to N10 Billion as revenue in 2020 during the lock down and have a total of N870 billion as the total Fund Under Management

This world no balance, the N10 Billion they got as revenue is more than the fund under management by other Fund Managers in the industry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LutanFyah: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
Daft Patriots with their stvpid strawman tactics.

Tell your excuse of a president to keep banning Fintechs and gagging the media,and keep wondering why the FDIs are not coming in.

While at it,don't forget to login to Nairaland and tell us how you're a good "reader ".

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
The government of the ban, the block and the freeze.

Zero innovation. Zero capacity. Zero ideas. Just be blocking and freezing and banning and expect miracles to open.

Rice. Banned yet rice price no come down
Borders. Closed yet no notable improvement
Crypto. Banned yet Nigeria still has the highest P2P transactions, and FX still no gree improve
Twitter. blocked yet people are still tweeting steady.
FX to BDC blocked yet naira rate no gree improve

So freezing account of fintechs is just another futile attempt by empty heads leading a collapsing zoo.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
Twitter head office is in Ghana.
Patricia has now relocated it's head office to Europe.

More than 5 fintechs are currently processing their license to be headquartered in the U.K. But keep banning, blocking and freezing and hope that the economic indices will magically improve.

When will they ban darkness, unemployment, kidnapping and insecurity??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Expected yield for today's primary market bond opening. I got 13.25 last month

Goodday gurus
I also which to buy from primary market but all my efforts prove abortive.
I visited stanbic I was told the minimum amount to buy from primary is N50m and for me to buy from secondary market I need to have an account with them.

Please how do you manage t0 buy from primary market with less than N50m.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Freciprocal: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Uncle tobe don vex

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
Mr. Daft Dumbo is pained grin grin

Cry more, Mumu
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2021
mickky22:

Goodday gurus
I also which to buy from primary market but all my efforts prove abortive.
I visited stanbic I was told the minimum amount to buy from primary is N50m and for me to buy from secondary market I need to have an account with them.

Please how do you manage t0 buy from primary market with less than N50m.

Thanks

You need to have an account. You don't need N50 million, if you are ready to go to the bank' bid

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
AlphaLion:

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy

Leave these guys abeg

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OldBeer: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Facebook and Google are in Nigeria. There are 51 other countries in Africa, let them spread wide.

How many were Patricia employing before they moved? What did they do in the country apart from sponsoring Big Brother? Where are their structures unlike an MTN that will leave today and everyone will feel it?

Since it's now easy to make apps, everyone sits in their bedroom, construct one, and start collecting money. No due process, nothing. When the bubble bursts, it is still this same people that will curse government. See the case of "agritech".
Nigeria needs people willing to enter the field and build something with foundation, just like Ultron12345 has been shouting. When you finish doing that, come back and build as many apps as you like.
Nowadays what we have are apps with almost nothing backing it.
Most people don't even know the address or pedigree of the people behind the apps. As long as they can cross leg and collect money, everything is okay.

CBN does not oversee security in Nigeria. The relevant body are trying their best or we would have turned into Afghanistan. They oversee the financial sector and have done what they feel is best.

Ultron's post has never applied more than in this clime.

ultron12345:

1000 cows is even small.

There's a dairy company called Almarai in Saudi Arabia. They milk over 22 litres per day each cow, and they have 94,000 cows. They produce 1 billion litres of milk annually. They process this milk into different products. They have 38,000 staff, do $3.9B in revenue annually, with market cap of $13.1B (that is packaged Fulani herdsmen company = dangote cement x 2, or dangote cement + MTN Nigeria)

They do their dairy farming in the Saudi desert. They imported management from Ireland. Imported all their cows (modified breeds). They even had to put AC (air conditioning) in all the farm sheds for all the cattle to protect them from the harsh desert heat which can sometimes reach as high as 45C. Since they can't grow grass to feed the cattle, they bought land in Argentina and the US, grow the grass there then import them to Saudi Arabia to feed the cattle.

All this struggle and stress yet they are able to produce products that in terms of price are competitive in the international market, hence they also export to other countries. If it's Nigerians, they'll come up with 1000 reasons why it can never work and blame the government. Nigerians will be waiting for Dangote or indians/lebanese/chinese. If Dangote does it finally, they'll say it's monopoly. If it's Lebanese or Indian, theyll say it's money laundering.

Fonterra, a dairy cooperative owned by 10,500 farmers in New Zealand makes $12B in revenues exporting milk and other dairy products. That's 30% of the world's dairy exports, from tiny New Zealand.

Chiquita is doing $3B in revenue growing ordinary bananas in South America and selling in US. Dole does $4.5B doing same along with ordinary water melon and pineapple.

Ecuador, Philippines, Columbia, Costa Rica, Guatemala make $3.3B, $1.9, $1.6B, $1B and $1B annually from exporting ordinary banana. Ivory Coast and Cameroon get $340M and $250M from the same banana. Nigerians will be blaming government. Thank God banana is not an electricity intensive business. I wonder what excuse will be given for this. It's labour intensive and we have cheap labour, cheap land, conducive tropical climate and a weak currency, yet we can't do anything.

All these are the kind of things we need in this country, this is what will grow our economy, not coding another ride-hailing app or biscuit ordering app.

Even if we want to do tech, we should go for IT outsourcing like India, not to be coding apps that our people are too poor to use. Where we can use our massive university educated and cheap labour resources to provide labour intensive IT services to companies in the developed world. Instead of them playing Americans $60,000 per annum, they'll outsource to Nigerian companies at quarter that price. This is what TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro and many others do in India. These 4 companies employ 450000 (yes, not 4,500, not 45,000 but 450,000. Four hundred and fifty thousand employees), 242000, 125000, and 175000 people respectively and made $23B, $13B, $5B and $9B in revenues respectively. Over 95% of this revenue is "exports", meaning the money came in foreign currency. And they have over 20 of such companies in India, employing in hundreds of thousands. Imagine we had just one in Nigeria. But no, it's only hotel and filling station we can build. Ordinary call center, we could not do. We had to wait for an Indian company disguised as an "African Company" to come and get BPO contracts from our Telecom companies. That Indian company is employing thousands of Nigerians across several locations today. Only in Ibadan, they have over 2000 staff at their call center. All this while Nigerians blamed the government.

As we talk about making policies for ease of business, we should also ask, making these policies for who? Because it seems Nigerians are not ready to do anything apart from blaming the government.

So sorry to digress oo, back to your post.

I don't like the idea of CBN or government owning enterprises. They should just create policies and try to make things easier. In my opinion, the CBN is really trying, one can get low interest loans through the bank of agriculture and bank of industry. CBN is now the one doing the work of ministry of agriculture.

Even if they must own farms, they should have minority stake of 40% maximum, so that the private shareholders make the decisions. Before some stupid Nigerians enter government and kill the farm by using the management positions to reward their incompetent friends and relatives.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You need to have an account. You don't need N50 million, if you are ready to go to the bank' bid

Thanks sir,

Are you talking about stockbroker account. If not, how do I go about it.

I was at first bank, access bank and stanbic what I was told is that I need N50m to trade I primary market.

Please show me the way sir.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
mickky22:

Thanks sir,

Are talking about stockbroker account. If not, how do I go about it.

Thanks in anticipation.

I thought you said you went to the bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
OldBeer:
Facebook and Google are in Nigeria. There are 51 other countries in Africa, let them spread wide.

How many were Patricia employing before they moved? What did they do in the country apart from sponsoring Big Brother? Where are their structures unlike an MTN that will leave today and everyone will feel it?

If Obasanjo banned MTN, will they be around today? How are you people not seeing beyond sentiments? And how dare you compare Patricia to MTN in terms of structures? That's like comparing Nairaland to Twitter in terms of structures both in staffing and in tech.

We cannot build this country with only the likes of Dangote and MTN. The 28 million American SMEs account for nearly two-thirds of net new private sector jobs. We cannot be killing our startups while facing unemployment rate of about 40%.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2021
Yes.
First bank, access bank and stanbic bank... They said I need N50m to trade in primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I thought you said you went to the bank

Yes.
First bank, access bank and stanbic bank... They said I need N50m to trade in primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
OldBeer:

Since it's now easy to make apps, everyone sits in their bedroom, construct one, and start collecting money. No due process, nothing. When the bubble bursts, it is still this same people that will curse government. See the case of "agritech".
Nigeria needs people willing to enter the field and build something with foundation.

Easy to create apps you say. A developer with 5 years of experience will easily earn 1m per month, if it's easy to make apps how come Nigeria still has an unemployment problem even though there is shortage of developers?

And what do you mean by bubble burst. SEC issued license to Chaka not too long ago only for CBN to come around now and say they are operating illegally. Very similar pattern to how SEC validated that cryptocurrency was a go and then CBN came and banned it. I hope you have also seen the new NITDA memo, they have created their own rules too.

How you people claim you are learned and see no terrible days ahead for the Nigerian economy with all these disjointed policies baffles me.

People in the field to do what exactly? You guys just think anything app or digital or fintech must be unreal. For context, OPay has processed $2 billion in transactions in just one month, and yes Opay is an app.

In your words, they have created a brand out of thin air, and that brand right now is putting food on the tables of many families either by being directly employed with Opay or indirectly by being a POS agent. Those are one less bandit off the streets, one less Boko Haram possible recruit, one less confused Nairalander who chooses not to condemn the stupidity of it's leaders even in the presence of glaring evidences.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bank staffs don't care about your investments with them, many of them don't know much about bonds or mutual funds or financial markets, they are only after their monthly salaries.

You should equip yourself with enough informantions, walk into their office and tell them what you want with confidence.

Sometimes, you just put yourself in disadvantage asking bank staffs some certain questions about investments, because they don't know much and don't want to show their financial ignorance before a customer, they will just tell you something that will make you uncomfortable and leave their office to other branch or bank.

mickky22:
Yes.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) (1982) (1983) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.