Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434458 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 10:54am On Sep 19, 2023
phoinix:

LOL, the South West dominates 'sophisticated corporate business,' according to you. Can you back this up with numbers, please?

Let me point out the bias in your reasoning. It is called the zero-sum fallacy, a cognitive bias that assumes there is a fixed amount of wealth, resources, success, or occupations, and that the domination of an economic segment by one group must come at the expense of other activities.

Your inference that since most traders in these markets are Igbos and therefore must be few doing 'sophisticated corporate business' is wrong.

#Letusstopsubtlepropaganda

Oga, so in all i wrote that is the only thing you picked out?

I will not resort to tribal bigotry. No tribe is more sophisticated than the other. I never said one is.

I will not go low like you.

Go to the UK and other western countries, most of the small neighborhood shops are ran by Pakistanis, Lebanese.

In nigeria, it is not only Dangote and Adenuga that employ indians in those particular roles.

Even Chinese companies in Nigeria and outside, employ Indians in particular roles.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by izzytheo: 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2023
Please can you explain SFS REIT?

I think im abit confused about how REITS work. I wish to invest in SFS REIT as well.

emmasoft:

SFS Capital is the company. They are just like investment one as well. A company that resulted from a management buy out as a result of regulatory policies.
They also have one of the oldest Reit - SFS REIT.

SFS Fund is managed by SFS Capital Nigeria Limited, a product of a Management Buy-out of Skye Financial Services Limited, which operated as the investment banking and investment management subsidiary of Skye Bank Plc. The change began after the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) instructed all Nigerian banks to sell off their non-banking subsidiaries. Coincidentally, while the divestment process was in progress, SEC began implementing the rule preventing Asset Management Companies from engaging in other activities. All this combined led the existing management to carve out SFS Capital Nigeria as the Portfolio and Fund Manager for SFS Fund.

Since your wife wants any safe investment SFS is good and you can also check other funds I represent. They are all safe without any equity involvement.
EDC MMF and stanbic ibtc MMF.
The links are on my signature.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2023
izzytheo:
Please can you explain SFS REIT?

I think im abit confused about how REITS work. I wish to invest in SFS REIT as well.

REIT- Real Estate Investment Trust is a type of mutual fund dedicated to real estate investment.
Most investors that don't want tenants wahala and other troubles involved with rental income always prefer REIT.

The fund invest in commercial properties as well as residential properties mostly in high brow areas.
However, unlike the regular funds which are mostly open ended, most REITS which includes the SFSREIT are closed ended fund.

What that means is that it has a fixed number of units available to be invested in, just like shares of quoted companies that have fixed number of shares in issue. New units are not created for a new investor rather all interested investors buy from the existing fixed units available.

SFSREIT is also traded like normal equities on the NGX hence its value varies because the price is controlled by the forces of demand and supply.

To invest in SFSREIT, you need to have a stock/cscs account with a stockbroking firm like Investment One.
Be in touch if you need more clarity.
My contacts are displayed on my signature.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good evening, can someone recommend the best paying Mutual Fund currently in Nigeria, is there any that offers up to 15% Annually?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2023
richforever123:
Good evening, can someone recommend the best paying Mutual Fund currently in Nigeria, is there any that offers up to 15% Annually?

If you mean MMF there is non. Rate for MMF is between 8 to about 11% but if you wish to invest in riskier mutual funds like equity fund or balanced funds you can get even more than 20%.
Please take note of the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Any update on tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2023
ojesymsym:
We treated this issue around 2020. Seems just like yesterday. One of the major takeaways from that discussion is this quote below. I had to go and search for it. You can use it to check how the discussion at that time went.

I have bolded what I believe is the answer to your question. Of how a Nigerian reluctantly had to start employing foreigners to take up positions in Nigeria because of our bad character as Donbrig has also correctly stated.

That’s a copy and paste. I have read that story in so many places. Infact, it originally originated from another African country. I think Kenya or so…
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2023
jedisco:

I wouldn't bother much about ramblings of the unhinged fellow and also did not find it surprising for someone who had been actively hateful on other sections of NL. For people like him, what drives the hate is the obvious inability to meet up to a group they hate plus the shortsighted idea that nepotism would some day trump hardwork.

Conversely, what I found rather interesting was the relative silence that ensued here while he rambled on. It was as if folks were unable to call out his folly

They are all afraid of him. When lazy youth was calling him out, did you not stay silent

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2023
I doubt if the one I quoted is not the original, if you check the date it predates many of the copies, at least of the ones I have seen.
Wotowotoman:

That’s a copy and paste. I have read that story in so many places. Infact, it originally originated from another African country. I think Kenya or so…
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2023
Wotowotoman:

They are all afraid of him. When lazy youth was calling him out, did you not stay silent

Hehe... Lazyyouth appeared unnecessarily aggressive and many steered clear. But looking back, his ways were effective in caging the fellow.

It was not until I stumbled upon some of ahibs hate filled posts it because obvious he was truly unhinged. The interesting thing is that he would always boil in hate triggered not only by everyday facts but more by the reality of the successful strides the group he so hates continue making everywhere. Soon enough, he would return to preach patriotism...

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2023
I needed physical cash desperately so I drove into the first bank I saw around agege and strolled into the bank premises, with the intention of using the ATM.

Luckily, the ATM was deserted. No queue, just some rough looking individuals outside the premises, smoking under the scorching sun, drinking openly and standing idly

I almost walked away thinking the machine isn’t working but I decided to just give it a try. I also knew I was taking a chance withdrawing here instead of going inside but I was in a hurry

So, I stayed alert because this is agege after all, anything can happen in a flash!

To my surprise and excitement the ATM worked

The sound of the money coming out blessed my ears and as I turned to leave, a middle aged woman approached me

I panicked, as I assumed she was about to beg me because she didn’t head towards any of the other ATMs. Instead, she approached me directly with a confused look on her face

“Good afternoon sir, please can you help me with my card? I don’t know how to operate the machine

I was relieved in an instant. I smiled and asked her how much she wanted to withdraw

She said ₦10,000, then handed me her card

I inserted the card, and after she inputted her PIN, I initiated the transaction.

The screen immediately displayed, “Insufficient balance”

I looked at her, she apologized and said I should try ₦5,000

I tried ₦5,000

Same thing, insufficient balance

She now suggested we try ₦1,000

In my mind I was like, Omo, people are really suffering in this country

So, I tired again

Insufficient balance!

I now ejected the card and gave it to her but she refused to collect it.

She now said, “Sir, please sir, help me with anything. You have seen the evidence that I don’t have any single money in my account. I and my family have not eaten since.”

I was shocked

I just stood rooted to the spot looking at her

“Madam, so you intentionally came out with your ATM card, knowing you don’t have any money, just to beg?”

Next thing she knelt down and started crying and begging

She held my trousers and was seriously begging with tears flowing like a river while refusing to collect her card back

I looked around, I noticed the rough looking boys with weed and spirit were already looking at us with red eyes. Even the bank security guards were staring suspiciously

I quickly calculated. This woman might turn this thing around because the scene wasn’t looking favorably for me

I’m holding her ATM card, spotting an earring and dressed casually with dark shades on, while she’s on her knees begging and crying

Immediately, I gave her 1k from the amount I withdrew before these people will think I’m robbing her or I have already emptied her account and decide I’m the cause of their problems and suffering.

To my astonishment she shook her head and refused the 1k and said I should add to it

Omo, I would have laughed under different circumstances, so I added another 1k and made it 2k. In my mind I was like, if she refuse, then if I d!e, I d!e!

She took the money, stopped crying immediately, and said, “Na wa o, 2k inside this plenty money you carry and I still kneel down for you. Abeg, help me stand up, knee dey pain me.”

I was stunned

“Uncle help me na, you deaf?”

I moved like I wanted to hold her hand and help her up, then, quickly, I snatched my 2k from her hands, the force knocked her down flat on the ground, then with the speed of Usain Bolt, I ran to my car opened and jumped in

To my shock and horror the woman started shouting, “Ole, Ole!”

“Ole, ontop my own money?!”

Before the boys and the security guards will jump up, I have entered my car and zoomed off, fast and furious style!

I got home and realized I still had her ATM card. I threw it in a f!re and watched it burn.

Lagos

Ajebo Writer

©️Kingdavid Chinaeke Ofunne

New format to rob people. Be careful out there
*@copied*

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author=jedisco post=125906446]

Hehe... Lazyyouth appeared unnecessarily aggressive and many steered clear. But looking back, his ways were effective in caging the fellow.

It was not until I stumbled upon some of ahibs hate filled posts it because obvious he was truly unhinged. The interesting thing is that he would always boil in hate triggered not only by everyday facts but more by the reality of the successful strides the group he so hates continue making everywhere. Soon enough, he would return to preach patriotism...[/quotes]strides in peddling drugs all over the world Abi ? it seem you dont know what a group making strides is ! India is landing space craft in North pole of the Moon ! GSK has successfully tested ebola vaccines ! Uae moved from a desert to Morden city . Dangote group is constructing the world biggest refinery .Lagos has successfully develop the first metro line in west Africa! This are example of strides. No baby factories , 419 , drug peddling , terrorism importing rubbish from china, cultism, hookup , only a Madman will be envious of such dirty strides .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:36am On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author=jedisco post=125906446]

It was not until I stumbled upon some of ahibs hate filled posts it because obvious he was truly unhinged. The interesting thing is that he would always boil in hate triggered not only by everyday facts but more by the reality of the successful strides the group he so hates continue making everywhere. Soon enough, he would return to preach patriotism...[/quotes ]as far as we in Northern Nigeria are concern and global citizens ! Runing brotels, hookup ,baby factories , fake spare part and medicine .peddling drug in Asia and forming cults and 419 are NOT STRIDES . Collect Noble price for chemistry or medicine or physics then we know you are making STRIDES . this your type of strides is the reason 1400 anambra indigines are in prison In Thailand 600 in Ethiopia including woman ( a igbo lady was killed in Ethiopia prison last week ).and Dubai banned Nigerians from their Nation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2023
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2023
@mukina2, @dominique @seun @mind44

Please your attention is needed here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sterlingD(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
Abeg what is going on here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: xezoid(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.