Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434729 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman: 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
jedisco:

Hehe... Lazyyouth appeared unnecessarily aggressive and many steered clear. But looking back, his ways were effective in caging the fellow.

It was not until I stumbled upon some of ahibs hate filled posts it because obvious he was truly unhinged. The interesting thing is that he would always boil in hate triggered not only by everyday facts but more by the reality of the successful strides the group he so hates continue making everywhere. Soon enough, he would return to preach patriotism...

You were right. He came back ooo 😂😂😂
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2023
oluayebenz:

True value of naira is around 600/USD..... I have said it before...

By middle of Sept, naira will range btw 580 - 600 per USD.

Hoarders should keep hoarding, I've said my own 😅. We move 🚶🚶🚶

oluayebenz:

Till then.

Will quote you

I come again to quote you now as dollar has eventually touched 1k cheesy

Are you still holding unto your hypothesis that the true value of dollar below 700?

I was thinking 1k5 will happen in 2025 but the way it is going by mid 2024, we will likely be seeing 1k5.

Of course I still hold some naira invested in stocks where profit can beat devaluation, I however do not have blind optimism that naira will be stable in the next 2 years.

Believing that the corrupt government of APC will stabilize the naira is like hoping the Atlantic will turn to dry land cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2023
pizapato:

Are you still holding unto your hypothesis that the true value of dollar below 700?

I was thinking 1k5 will happen in 2025 but the way it is going by mid 2024, we will likely be seeing 1k5.

Of course I still hold some naira invested in stocks where profit can beat devaluation, I however do not have blind optimism that naira will be stable in the next 2 years.

Believing that the corrupt government of APC will stabilize the naira is like hoping the Atlantic will turn to dry land cheesy

Damn....

I'm just speechless, I don't know what to say!

Mr Cardoso might do something different

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
pizapato:

I was thinking 1k5 will happen in 2025 but the way it is going by mid 2024 , we will likely be seeing 1k5.

March 2024. But yeah, it's okay to continue to listen to the likes of ahiboilandgas et al. People who wouldn't do a 50k business with a fraudster somehow believe that an intercontinental fraudster will turn the fortunes of the country around because of tribalism and bigotry.

The appointment we've seen so far already shows that we are in a "chop make I chop awa lokan season." Any wise person should be using his head already not relying on some failed speculations.

Imagine leaving your money in a Naira account without investing because you trust Tinubu and Gbaja to save the Naira?? Gbaja? grin People wey get assets everywhere in USA's $$ grin Only a f00lish person will trust these humans.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Invest in Naira
Save in dollars

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by milliondollarma: 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Invest in Naira lipsrsealed
Save in dollars
How do one save or invest in dollars?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Invest in Naira
Save in dollars

Permit me to add one more line to your proposition

Invest in naira save in dollars

Invest in dollars or dollar assets , save in dollars or dollar assets , dollars can be replaced with any stable fc like euro or pounds

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olaide1295: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
pizapato:

When I saw that your post. I changed significant amount of my dollars to Naira (at 720) and bought a duplex house in Nigeria.
I made a terrible mistake. Being outside naija, I don’t even live in the house and it gives me no return.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
milliondollarma:
US stocks market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 4:58am On Sep 24, 2023
Olaide1295:

When I saw that your post. I changed significant amount of my dollars to Naira (at 720) and bought a duplex house in Nigeria.
I made a terrible mistake. Being outside naija, I don’t even live in the house and it gives me no return.

I want believe you intend to quote the person I quoted.

My posts have always encouraged holding USD even if naira appreciates and rates fall.
I still bought some USD at 910 when I took some profit from the stock market and I wouldn't mind if rates fall to 750 today, because it presents me the opportunity to buy more at a lower rate.
Whoever plans on holding (saving in) USD for long term wouldn't even have cause to worry about daily movement of the rate.

Since 2020, the naira has depreciated by at least 20% yearly. Any naira based investment with a yield below 20% is a loss. This year the rate was around 730+ at the start of the year, meaning we had over 30% devaluation this year alone.

Like someone posted earlier, invest in naira, save in dollar

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 5:41am On Sep 24, 2023
One way is to collect you Naira dividends or bond coupons and buy fx ($, £, €, etc). Which can be invested in fx denominated securities or just save it after conversion in your domiciliary account.
milliondollarma:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 6:36am On Sep 24, 2023
oluayebenz:

Damn....

I'm just speechless, I don't know what to say!

Mr Cardoso might do something different

Cardoso indeed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2023
Acidosis:

March 2024. But yeah, it's okay to continue to listen to the likes of ahiboilandgas et al. People who wouldn't do a 50k business with a fraudster somehow believe that an intercontinental fraudster will turn the fortunes of the country around because of tribalism and bigotry.

The appointment we've seen so far already shows that we are in a "chop make I chop awa lokan season." Any wise person should be using his head already not relying on some failed speculations.

Imagine leaving your money in a Naira account without investing because you trust Tinubu and Gbaja to save the Naira?? Gbaja? grin People wey get assets everywhere in USA's $$ grin Only a f00lish person will trust these humans.

Good point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2023
Olaide1295:

A grave mistake many Nigerians make when they initially migrate. Worse still, the opportunity cost of the duplex at home would have been a good mortgage or a buy to let with over 4% yeild and average 3% asset appreciation where you reside. 10 years in, you can easily liquidate a property abroad. Selling a high value duplex in Nigeria is very dependent on finding cash buyers which is mostly a hassle.
Wouldn't blame you.. made same mistake too.

The fact is our mindset has been conditioned by investment opportunities we grew up seeing locally. It takes a while to recondition and now appreciate global opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
pizapato:

Hehe... you sef..
It's funny how these discussions come around in circles. Remember having them here when usd was 350.. only thing is that with each grind up, more people jump on the train as they sadly loose faith in the naira.

Issue is many times our reasoning is beclouded by sentiment. Before the naira remains stable and appreciates against the dollar, certain basic fundamentals have to be present.

It's not difficult to identify these fundamentals- all one needs to do is look at the last time our currency held relatively stable for a while (2008-2012) or look at other nations with a stable currency and see what fundamentals we lack.

First, economic growth, a good shift in our inport/export balance, and less f00lish printing of the naira
All the hopeful talk of government is set to do that e.t.c doesn't work

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by multibalotel: 6:17am On Sep 25, 2023
Please am thinking of using risevest, are they legit?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2023
skydiver01:
One way is to collect you Naira dividends or bond coupons and buy fx ($, £, €, etc). Which can be invested in fx denominated securities or just save it after conversion in your domiciliary account.

What fx denominated securities can the average Nigerian living in Nigeria invest in? Very few options available….
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2023
Below is one example.
Wotowotoman:

What fx denominated securities can the average Nigerian living in Nigeria invest in? Very few options available….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:45am On Sep 25, 2023
COMING SOON!!! UP TO NGN[150] BILLION FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA SERIES VI SUKUK ISSUANCE

Watch out if you are interested.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wotowotoman: 8:51am On Sep 25, 2023
skydiver01:
Below is one example.

Eurobonds? undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
emmasoft:
COMING SOON!!! UP TO NGN[150] BILLION FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA SERIES VI SUKUK ISSUANCE

When is it coming out ooo?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
Dum20:

When is it coming out ooo?

No date yet.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
What is wrong with Seplat and Access Bank Eurobonds? Even if you have reservations over FGN Eurobonds.
Wotowotoman:

Eurobonds? undecided

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 7:09am On Sep 26, 2023
emmasoft:

Kindly update us promptly when it roll out, the time factors matter a lot. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
Waiting patiently
emmasoft:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iamblessed85: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Allboiz:
A friend needs an advice...

He has 30k usd invested. He gets 5% annually as interest in usd...
5% interest on 30,000 annually is 1500usd
1500 * 740 = 1,110,000 in naira

He then noticed that if he had converted the money to naira, his interest would have been much better because the interest on naira is around 10% - 14%...
30000 * 740 = 22,200,000
10% interest on 22,200,000 annually is 2,220,000

Now, he's contemplating on whether to convert his money to naira for fast growth or leave it in usd. And at the same time, he is scared of naira devaluation. Anyone?

Hey pal. Hope you have your answer now? When you made this post, dollar was 740 naira but today, it is 1000.

In a do nothing scenario, your 30k usd would be 30M naira today whereas if you had converted the money then to naira to get the 22M, you would have lost out by 7.8M naira as at today.

Your 30K dollars when converted to naira at the time you made this post is now worth 22K dollars

This is from devaluation alone.

Lets assume you even got a naira mutual fund of 17% when you made this post, the naira would have been projected to grow to 25M in a year but just in 6months alone, dollar has gained far more than what you were aiming to gain in naira in a year.

I have not even factored the 5% interest rate of the dollar mutual fund yet. This is just a do nothing scenario on the dollar side.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Allboiz: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2023
Iamblessed85:

Hey pal. Hope you have your answer now? When you made this post, dollar was 740 naira but today, it is 1000.

In a do nothing scenario, your 30k usd would be 30M naira today whereas if you had converted the money then to naira to get the 22M, you would have lost out by 7.8M naira as at today.

Your 30K dollars when converted to naira at the time you made this post is now worth 22K dollars

This is from devaluation alone.

Lets assume you even got a naira mutual fund of 17% when you made this post, the naira would have been projected to grow to 25M in a year but just in 6months alone, dollar has gained far more than what you were aiming to gain in naira in a year.

I have not even factored the 5% interest rate of the dollar mutual fund yet. This is just a do nothing scenario on the dollar side.

He was too busy to do all the stress of converting the money then. He's now very happy that he didn't convert the money grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iamblessed85: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
Allboiz:

He was too busy to do all the stress of converting the money then. He's now very happy that he didn't convert the money grin grin grin

Excellent 😁😁

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by narite: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
Crude is almost 100$ per barrel. Most Crude oil producing nations are dancing and celebrating knowing they are about to massively cash out from this even though most have cut down on production.

Somewhere In another part of the world, a giant crude oil producing nation is weeping and lamenting each time crude oil price rises higher. Which begs the question. What are they doing wrong?

Africa number one, biggest Natural disaster is not hurricane, malaria, flooding, famine rather it is BAD GoVERNANCE!!!

Whoever really want to help African countries be it internally or externally; all resource should be directed towards this disaster only. Once this is out of the way, 80% of our problems are already solved.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: obitrac, Adinije(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.