Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4432065 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 11:50pm On Mar 26
Streetinvestor2:
I don't like Apc or tinubu it doesn't change the fact the decision on forex Was the best.And how did you know selling dollars to bdc at #1251 is subsidised. The floating of dollars shouldn't have shot the exchange rate to #1900.It is the enemies of the country that whr at work.The criminals using speculation to make money instead to go and engage in productive Ventures. They will learn the hard way..It is demand and supply that is at play now because the criminals bdc have been closed and new regulations. I expect cbn to ban completely the use of physical dollars for anything in nigeria.
And for those thinking dollars will ever go back.it will never happen. The last cbn governor and pmb was the worst thing to happen in nigeria

That bald head CBN emere πŸ˜‚ is a very usel.ess man.

Let them keep hoarding, time will tell.
They will all learn the hard way

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 11:51pm On Mar 26
Acidosis:

Your first mistake is to assume that hoarders lack tactics. πŸ˜…Nigeria has never lacked hoarders. As long as Nigerian politicians live, hoarders will remain.

You're looking in the wrong direction by asking hoarders on a TBills thread to offload their dollars. Are politicians a joke to you? The only way to tame hoarding is to keep up with the positive trend. Offloading is not as important as ensuring that the Naira continues to gain.
Go and buy more now.You will get your full at 1300-1350.I started warning your likes in stock trade when it was #1600..I told them to expect it at 1k by end of the yr but it looks it is going to happen faster.
Very soon we will be seeing them on third main land bridge. Why should dollar exchange in the first place above 1k even with the floating. The useless binance executive why is he on the run.The government should make sure they hang the one in custody. And I don't even know why they are still allowing the remaining 1500 bdc to operate. Let the bank handle all forex matter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 12:01am On Mar 27
Streetinvestor2:
Go and buy more now.You will get your full at 1300-1350.I started warning your likes in stock trade when it was #1600..I told them to expect it at 1k by end of the yr but it looks it is going to happen faster.
Very soon we will be seeing them on third main land bridge. Why should dollar exchange in the first place above 1k even with the floating. The useless binance executive why is he on the run.The government should make sure they hang the one in custody. And I don't even know why they are still allowing the remaining 1500 bdc to operate. Let the bank handle all forex matter

You can never be too sure, bro. You seem more confident than Cardoso who had to increase MPR twice within 4 weeks just to get us to where we are right now. I had to put that here so you don't get too carried away with the Binance charade.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 7:31am On Mar 27
Hamachi:
You are unpatriotic.

Lol it's about protecting my wealth. Only a sensible person will understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Mar 27
ogawisdom:

Lol it's about protecting my wealth. Only a sensible person will understand.

I really wonder o.

More than 20 Fintechs have and still sell dollar-based investments to Nigerians. And I'm not referring to some unknown Fintechs, but rather the likes of Piggyvest, Cowrywise, Risevest, etc.

Nearly all asset management companies licensed by the federal government sell dollar-based investments. Some insurance companies do same. Even banks are not exempted. The likes of Stanbic IBTC offer dollar-based mutual funds.

When people say Nigerians are unpatriotic or scream too much about Binance, I tend to wonder.. I guess Binance is for the public poor, while the likes of Stanbic IBTC, ARM, FSDH, Anchoria Asset Mgt, etc. are for the big guys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 9:06am On Mar 27
Acidosis:

You can never be too sure, bro. You seem more confident than Cardoso who had to increase MPR twice within 4 weeks just to get us to where we are right now. I had to put that here so you don't get too carried away with the Binance charade.
I am very sure of my stand and can bet against it.I knew the dollar rise to #1900 after floating was manipulation. And if you are sure on your side.Pls do sell all your asset and even borrow and go buy dollars. True demand and supply is making naira find its true value.
And in countries like China they would have executed the binance criminals. This country is too democratic in some crimes against the nation. Tell me what changed in our economy physical after floating of naira. Did our production reduced or consumption from imported goods increase.So what was driving the exchange rate daily if not manipulative speculation from enemies of the country.
Dollars will touch down to 1k soon because the genuine people who use it for business and other things have reduced thr demand for it.The demand will increase within #800-#1000 bend.I speak as a business man.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 9:08am On Mar 27
When is next auction date for tb

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:29am On Mar 27
Streetinvestor2:
I am very sure of my stand and can bet against it.I knew the dollar rise to #1900 after floating was manipulation. And if you are sure on your side.Pls do sell all your asset and even borrow and go buy dollars. True demand and supply is making naira find its true value.
And in countries like China they would have executed the binance criminals. This country is too democratic in some crimes against the nation. Tell me what changed in our economy physical after floating of naira. Did our production reduced or consumption from imported goods increase.So what was driving the exchange rate daily if not manipulative speculation from enemies of the country.
Dollars will touch down to 1k soon because the genuine people who use it for business and other things have reduced thr demand for it.The demand will increase within #800-#1000 bend.I speak as a business man.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry suddenly jumped into buying dollars claiming they are protecting their wealth.

Me too, i joined in protecting my wealth by going to buy $100 which is presently kept in my family underground vault in the family compound in the village. To access the vault, you need to get the password from my late parents. cool

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:36am On Mar 27
Streetinvestor2:

The demand for dollar has obviously reduced like you rightly said. I'm never arguing against that. If not for any other reason, many Nigerians have become too broke to afford foreign products (like toks cars). Japa has become unattractive either (unaffordable is the right word actually). This is not about enemies of Nigeria at work.

I've lived in Nigeria long enough to realise that when people like you threaten people to sell their dollars, then something obviously isn't right. If dollar is truly losing against the Naira (through appropriate fiscal and monetary policies), there wouldn't be a need to issue threats or warnings. No reasonable person wants to lose money. So, why are you and the federal government mouthpieces "threatening" people to sell off their dollars? Fear of depleting the reserves and borrowed funds?

You'll also be making a mistake thinking that the majority of Nigerians (ordinary people) have dollar stashed up somewhere. People wey dey wait make dollar fall so they can activate their plan. Lol. Even me, I dey wait like this make e fall to N600πŸ˜…

You're making another big mistake thinking the ordinary people are the enemies of Nigeria. Na ordinary people released the Binance executive from a "heavily-guarded" detention?? Those who have lived in Nigeria long enough understand too much to blame the ordinary people on NL. Hehe.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 10:05am On Mar 27
Acidosis:

The demand for dollar has obviously reduced like you rightly said. I'm never arguing against that. If not for any other reason, many Nigerians have become too broke to afford foreign products (like toks cars). Japa has become unattractive either. This is not about enemies of Nigeria at work.

I've lived in Nigeria long enough to realise that when people like you threaten people to sell their dollars, then something obviously isn't right. If dollar is truly losing against the Naira (through appropriate fiscal and monetary policies), there wouldn't be a need to issue threats or warnings. No reasonable person wants to lose money. So, why are you and the federal government mouthpieces "threatening" people to sell off their dollars? Fear of depleting the reserves and borrowed funds?

You'll also be making a mistake thinking that the majority of Nigerians (ordinary people) have dollar stashed up somewhere. People wey dey wait make dollar fall so they can activate their plan. Lol. Even me, I dey wait like this make e fall to N600πŸ˜…

You're making another big mistake thinking the ordinary people are the enemies of Nigeria. Na ordinary people released the Binance executive from a "heavily-guarded" detention?? Those who have lived in Nigeria long enough understand too much to blame the ordinary people on NL. Hehe.

Finding all means to defend your hoarded dollars πŸ˜‚

Writing episode here won't make your hoarded dollar to rise ever again.

@bolded πŸ˜‚. Who is threatening who?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 10:08am On Mar 27
oluayebenz:

Finding all means to defend your hoarded dollars πŸ˜‚

Writing episode here won't make your hoarded dollar to rise ever again.

@bolded πŸ˜‚. Who is threatening who?

No, I don't have any hoarded dollar. But trying to labell those who invested in dollar-denominated assets as enemies of Nigeria will be resisted.

Funny, I just listed several federal government-licensed platforms offering dollar-based investments, but none has been able to respond. Why? You people's "unpatriotic patriotism" no dey ever reach federal-government licensed Stanbic IBTC dollar funds?

Ask yourself, "what" is the enemy of Nigeria? A consumer who buys a dollar-denominated mutual funds, the platform that offers the funds, or the federal government that licensed these platforms?? All I see is an unparalleled hypocrisy or hate masked as patriotism to unpatriotic leaders. Let's jointly dare the federal government to name the top dollar investors with Stanbic, ARM, Anchoria, etc. if e sure for them.

Again, why the urge and incessant warnings to sell dollars? To who? You and the new sets of "hoarders" at cheaper rates? πŸ˜…

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 11:46am On Mar 27
It's due time for rental payments!
Has anyone here subscribed to 2023 Sukuk Bond received his coupon?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:00pm On Mar 27
Acidosis:

No, I don't have any hoarded dollar. But trying to labell those who invested in dollar-denominated assets as enemies of Nigeria will be resisted.

Funny, I just listed several federal government-licensed platforms offering dollar-based investments, but none has been able to respond. Why? You people's "unpatriotic patriotism" no dey ever reach federal-government licensed Stanbic IBTC dollar funds?

Ask yourself, "what" is the enemy of Nigeria? A consumer who buys a dollar-denominated mutual funds, the platform that offers the funds, or the federal government that licensed these platforms?? All I see is an unparalleled hypocrisy or hate masked as patriotism to unpatriotic leaders. Let's jointly dare the federal government to name the top dollar investors with Stanbic, ARM, Anchoria, etc. if e sure for them.

Again, why the urge and incessant warnings to sell dollars? To who? You and the new sets of "hoarders" at cheaper rates? πŸ˜…

"who invested in dollar-denominated assets ".

Is investing in dollar denominated assets the same thing as buying dollars for speculation or for keeps?.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keeper303: 12:03pm On Mar 27
Ibrahim505:

I subscribed but I thought coupon is April and October
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:38pm On Mar 27
I swear, I shock with that comparison.

NL1960:

Is investing in dollar denominated assets the same thing as buying dollars for speculation or for keeps?.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 12:56pm On Mar 27
@Acidosis thr is fire on the mountain. Unconfirmed report on stock market trade says dollars is selling for 1k and below on the street today.pls call your supplier and confirm....wahala for speculators lol

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27
NL1960:

Why do people buy dollar-based mutual funds? For fun? Everyone is buying for keeps, including those of you "investing" in real estates.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27
First bank has pulled out of today's auction. If you bought with them, expect refund tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27
Streetinvestor2:
@Acidosis thr is fire on the mountain. Unconfirmed report on stock market trade says dollars is selling for 1k and below on the street today.pls call your supplier and confirm....wahala for speculators lol

Lol. You still don't get the point, do you? I'm not advocating for currency hoarders. I don't "hoard" either. I invest when I have or need to.

I'm even of the perception that, apart from political sentiments and hoarding, the majority, which are the ordinary Nigerians want Naira to gain so they can go back to the life they had under Buhari. I belong to that school of reasoning.

I saw the unconfirmed report. But have you asked yourself why anyone will sell over 10k dollars at the black market in Abuja at a rate that is significantly lower than CBN and licensed BDC rates? Funny. Do you still think that an ordinary Nigerian is behind this?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 1:25pm On Mar 27
Streetinvestor2:

They are already learning the hard way
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27
keeper303:

I subscribed but I thought coupon is April and October
OK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by truthbetold22: 2:02pm On Mar 27
Itsrm:
First bank has pulled out of today's auction. If you bought with them, expect refund tomorrow.

Did they give a reason for this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:30pm On Mar 27
Acidosis:

Why do people buy dollar-based mutual funds? For fun? Everyone is buying for keeps, including those of you "investing" in real estates.

Mutual funds is liquid asset. Buying dollars and putting under your bed is not liquid asset. If you buy dollar denominated funds, physical dollar cash has actually not left the vaults. Do you know the value of MMF of some Asset Management Companies?. If you have an MMF, is the physical cash under your bed?.

I blame CBN that allows physical FX to be given to people. During Abacha's time, if you want to travel and apply for BTA and PTA, signed Thomas Cook Travellers Cheques are given to you unlike now that physical dollars is given to you.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27
Itsrm:

Why the pull out?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 3:28pm On Mar 27
ogawisdom:

Why the pull out?

truthbetold22:

Did they give a reason for this?

No reason was given
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 3:43pm On Mar 27
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 3:50pm On Mar 27
Acidosis:

Lol. You still don't get the point, do you? I'm not advocating for currency hoarders. I don't "hoard" either. I invest when I have or need to.

I'm even of the perception that, apart from political sentiments and hoarding, the majority, which are the ordinary Nigerians want Naira to gain so they can go back to the life they had under Buhari. I belong to that school of reasoning.

I saw the unconfirmed report. But have you asked yourself why anyone will sell over 10k dollars at the black market in Abuja at a rate that is significantly lower than CBN and licensed BDC rates? Funny. Do you still think that an ordinary Nigerian is behind this?

Oga Allow people to continue with their beliefs, with time they will get matured and understand you.

A lot of people are waiting for dollar to hit 600 - 700 so they can accumulate more and japa.

Since the naira lost value a lot of people could not meet up with POF for Japa and pay school fees abroad, cheap dollar will make them to be able to meet the rquirements and most will mop up the dollars again.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 4:24pm On Mar 27
Itsrm:

Could this affect individual that stipulate their rate? Anybody with today results?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:50pm On Mar 27
Ibrahim505:

It's not yet time for the rental payments, please.

It was issued on 13 October 2023.

The biannual rental payments is 13 April and 13 October yearly. So just exercise more patience.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27
STOCKPICK:
Please πŸ™ great members, how can I move my FGN bond from my bank to my CSCS account? Also, will it result to double annual charges (From bank Custodian and CSCS).

Please kindly advice

How far about you migration of your holdings to CSCS?

It should be easier because I have done d same after the last time we spoke

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by och12(m): 7:38pm On Mar 27
Please what's the minimum amount to partake in the CBF and CMMF packages?

Nakedman:
All road leads to fsdh for Mutual Funds.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by och12(m): 7:40pm On Mar 27
FBN Money Market Fund YTM as at 24th March is 16.07%.
Though I/m shopping for higher yield rate grin

Dum20:

Stanbic just be doing shakara and be offering 13% for MMF. See their Junior brother dey shake body well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.