Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430216 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by och12(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27
I agree with you, they are very fast and efficient.
I placed a redemption request on Sunday, and was credited first thing Monday morning.

Nakedman:

After calling them again this morning, I finally got paid from United capital. I just deleted the app and moving to stanbic. I’m done with them. Stanbic has been really smooth from deposit to withdrawal.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maziemeka2024: 8:13pm On Mar 27
Itsrm:
First bank has pulled out of today's auction. If you bought with them, expect refund tomorrow.

I am waiting for refund.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 8:58pm On Mar 27
Today's Auction. Did anyone bid via Stanbic Ibtc?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by truthbetold22: 9:05pm On Mar 27
Please does anyone know if gtbank won their bid?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27
Nakedman:
yes i did via stanbic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 9:41pm On Mar 27
Nakedman:

I bidded through Stanbic. Any news?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by STOCKPICK: 10:02pm On Mar 27
Akerewe:

How far about you migration of your holdings to CSCS?

It should be easier because I have done d same after the last time we spoke

I have not been able to do it. I don't know how to go about it and my broker is not knowledgeable in it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 10:30pm On Mar 27
NL1960:

Mutual funds is liquid asset. Buying dollars and putting under your bed is not liquid asset. If you buy dollar denominated funds, physical dollar cash has actually not left the vaults. Do you know the value of MMF of some Asset Management Companies?. If you have an MMF, is the physical cash under your bed?.

I blame CBN that allows physical FX to be given to people. During Abacha's time, if you want to travel and apply for BTA and PTA, signed Thomas Cook Travellers Cheques are given to you unlike now that physical dollars is given to you.

How can you open mouth to say dollars in cash under your bed is not liquid asset? Oga that dollar under your bed is more liquid than any money you have in mutual funds. Stop capping nonsense abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:56pm On Mar 27
Mills55:

I bidded through Stanbic. Any news?

Hands on Deck.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:57pm On Mar 27
och12:
Please what's the minimum amount to partake in the CBF and CMMF packages?

I subscribed to Thier mmf. I Have no idea what the minimum is. You can check them out or call them via phone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 6:19am On Mar 28
Oshokhai69:

How can you open mouth to say dollars in cash under your bed is not liquid asset? Oga that dollar under your bed is more liquid than any money you have in mutual funds. Stop capping nonsense abeg.

Ok. I don hear.

Go and buy dollars then and keep under your bed as a store of wealth and then call it dollar denominated asset.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 7:27am On Mar 28
NL1960:

Ok. I don hear.

Go and buy dollars then and keep under your bed as a store of wealth and then call it dollar denominated asset.

Capping nonsense again. Wetin liquidity get to do with store of wealth? You never hear of rich men wey get billions but yet have no liquidity because it is hard to sell or convert their assets into cash? That poor man that has 100 dollars under his bed may not be rich but that 100 dollars can very easily be converted to cash.

Do you know that your so called mutual funds sometimes have liquidity issues where they cannot honor requests from several clients wanting cash at the same time? Did you not read from that person that says he has been calling United Capital to pay his money? Is that what you call liquidity?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:22am On Mar 28
Oshokhai69:

Capping nonsense again. Wetin liquidity get to do with store of wealth? You never hear of rich men wey get billions but yet have no liquidity because it is hard to sell or convert their assets into cash? That poor man that has 100 dollars under his bed may not be rich but that 100 dollars can very easily be converted to cash.

Do you know that your so called mutual funds sometimes have liquidity issues where they cannot honor requests from several clients wanting cash at the same time? Did you not read from that person that says he has been calling United Capital to pay his money? Is that what you call liquidity?

Shuooo. I say i don hear. Go and buy dollars and put under your bed to store your wealth. cool

Btw, the discussion was on investing in dollar denominated assets and buying dollar cash to keep. Investing in dollar dominated assets is not the same as buying dollars to keep under the bed.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 9:17am On Mar 28
NL1960:

Shuooo. I say i don hear. Go and buy dollars and put under your bed to store your wealth. cool

Btw, the discussion was on investing in dollar denominated assets and buying dollar cash to keep. Investing in dollar dominated assets is not the same as buying dollars to keep under the bed.

If you are talking about liquidity, nothing is more liquid than the cash you keep under your bed. Only a fool go believe say his so called dollar denominated ‘assets’ are safer and more liquid than physical cash. You sure say you go school?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:23am On Mar 28
Oshokhai69:

If you are talking about liquidity, nothing is more liquid than the cash you keep under your bed. Only a fool go believe say his so called dollar denominated ‘assets’ are safer and more liquid than physical cash. You sure say you go school?

And how much physical cash can you put under your bed?. You go build underground vault for house?.. What a mentality. No wonder our politicians dey keep bags and bags of cash for house. It is like when they say that there is a pending fuel scarcity and you go see people dey run about buy fuel for jerry cans dey store for house. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 9:26am On Mar 28
NL1960:

And how much physical cash can you put under your bed?. You go build underground vault for house?.. What a mentality. No wonder our politicians dey keep bags and bags of cash for house. It is like when they say that there is a pending fuel scarcity and you go see people dey run about buy fuel for jerry cans dey store for house. cheesy cheesy grin grin

You are just too dull. You started by saying dollar kept at home is not liquid. Then you changed to dollar denominated assets and now you dey talk how much person fit keep for house.

Oga, I only pointed out the hopelessness in that stupid comment that dollar under the bed is not liquid and that your so called mutual funds are more liquid. Na only drunkard you fit follow talk that nonsense.

By the way, how many average Nigerians get more than a few hundred dollars?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:53am On Mar 28
Oshokhai69:

You are just too dull. You started by saying dollar kept at home is not liquid. Then you changed to dollar denominated assets and now you dey talk how much person fit keep for house.

Oga, I only pointed out the hopelessness in that stupid comment that dollar under the bed is not liquid and that your so called mutual funds are more liquid. Na only drunkard you fit follow talk that nonsense.

By the way, how many average Nigerians get more than a few hundred dollars?

Go back and read the thread of discussion, The discussion started with investing in dollar denominated assets being the same with buying dollar cash and keeping at home for which i said it is not the same.

Anyway, if you like buy dollars keep for your house, wetin concern me. I have $100 i bought which is in my family house underground vault in the village and iam not selling it until it reaches N3,000.

Btw, do not keep your own in your family house because i can trace it using your name. cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 10:07am On Mar 28
How do supposed educated persons fall for apc propaganda?
No one is selling dollars at 1000naira

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:16am On Mar 28
Itsrm:
First bank has pulled out of today's auction. If you bought with them, expect refund tomorrow.

Na wa ooo. So for like 3 auctions now consecutively FBN has not had a successful bid. Na to begin overlook them and pull out funds to other serious banks being that ooo.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:34am On Mar 28
Bbbwings:
How do supposed educated persons fall for apc propaganda?
No one is selling dollars at 1000naira

That is why they say social media is a poisonous place. It might not be APC propaganda. it might be somebody trying to divert traffic to a dying blog or trying to trend.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 11:00am On Mar 28
freeman67:

Na wa ooo. So for like 3 auctions now consecutively FBN has not had a successful bid. Na to begin overlook them and pull out funds to other serious banks being that ooo.
Bring it over to investment one.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 11:53am On Mar 28
STOCKPICK:

I have not been able to do it. I don't know how to go about it and my broker is not knowledgeable in it.

Which broakage house? It's a simple thing.

Central Securities Clearing System Plc
1st Floor Stock Exchange House,
Custom St,
Lagos Island,
Lagos.

Write handwriting or type letter to CSCS using the above address, inform them of your intention to move your bond/ holdings to your CSCS account.

Scan the letter to your bank account includes your broakage number, clearing House number, CSCS number. Tell your bank to forward the letter to CSCS on your behalf.

Let me know if u have any challenges

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:19pm On Mar 28
freeman67:

What could be wrong with them? They used to be good when it comes to primary Auctions
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Olubachar(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28
kristien4:
yes i did via stanbic

Please, have you checked your account balance? Has the TB face value and ROI being treated?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 12:53pm On Mar 28
freeman67:

Two auctions, not three.

First bank was the darling a few weeks back on this thread

They lost out last time because the CBN sold just 150bn for 365 days.

You can only blame them for not bidding yesterday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28
Itsrm:

Two auctions, not three.

First bank was the darling a few weeks back on this thread

They lost out last time because the CBN sold just 150bn for 365 days.

You can only blame them for not bidding yesterday.

My bid yesterday was successful with first bank, it was a false information to say that they did not bid yesterday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28
USD still receiving woto woto

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28
ogawisdom:

My bid yesterday was successful with first bank, it was a false information to say that they did not bid yesterday.

Okay cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28
Those who bidded with first bank should have gotten their money refunded now. You may not get an alert. Check your app/balance, it's there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 1:33pm On Mar 28
ogawisdom:

Are you sure yours was successful?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nichee: 2:08pm On Mar 28
Itsrm:
Those who bidded with first bank should have gotten their money refunded now. You may not get an alert. Check your app/balance, it's there.
You are right my money has been refunded since morning, they even reach out to me on their secondary market, offering 16.50% for 360days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 2:18pm On Mar 28
Nichee:
You are right my money has been refunded since morning, they even reach out to me on their secondary market, offering 16.50% for 360days.

Hoping for better luck in a fortnight

(1) (2) (3) ... (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.