Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441352 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by U1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Yungbitz:

Does Stanbic bank offer certificate for treasury bills bought from them?

I don't know. Was only asking question about the bank myself.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
bablowizad:
Yes Ajao estate branch.

I met you in the bank on that day, the guy said N2.5 million was available for 360 days but within two minutes the offer available was less than 100k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slendxy: 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
Comeandcollect:
It is best to outline and forecast your spending in the next 12 months and decide if you are willing to do long term or short term investment.

There are serious pros and cons with both Investments, it may discourage investors if elaborated. The ultimate still remains "safe investment" which Treasury bills offer.

Try and avoid terminating TBills before maturity and leaving funds idle in your account with your bank.

Please elaborate, I want to be well educated on this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meetchandus(m): 11:37am On Jun 22, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:

I was equally told the same thing. I just vex enter secondary market for 100 days for 17.5%. At least E better pass primary market rate. I no fit wait for their yeye wahala.

Please what bank did you get this offer from.17.5% for 100 days is a very good one.Usually I go with the primary market and get lesser rates.Please advise which bank is best for secondary market and the process involved.I have been stuck with Zenith bank primary market.Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
slendxy:

Please elaborate, I want to be well educated on this.
the notes in the thread link below is the reason Nigerian Treasury bills remain the safest investment in Nigeria.

NIGERIA IS VERY RICH!
Remember, the LANISTERS always pay their debts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3875739/nnpc-completes-payment-n450-billion
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
I got 18.3% for 364-days in this week's T-bill auction

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slendxy: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
RealityShot:

the notes in the thread link below is the reason Nigerian Treasury bills remain the safest investment in Nigeria.

NIGERIA IS VERY RICH!
Remember, the LANISTERS always pay their debts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3875739/nnpc-completes-payment-n450-billion

I was referring to the pros and cons he mentioned. I want to know them to be properly guided.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelaaG: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good day Feelamong

Please see below the outcome of the Treasury Bills Primary Auction which held on June 22, 2017:

PRIMARY MARKET AUCTION RESULT

TENOR (DAYS) STOP RATE

91 13.4999%

182 17.5%

364 18.6499%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
meetchandus:

Please what bank did you get this offer from.17.5% for 100 days is a very good one.Usually I go with the primary market and get lesser rates.Please advise which bank is best for secondary market and the process involved.I have been stuck with Zenith bank primary market.Thanks

Stabic IBTC and First Bank are currently the best. I use STABIC though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Yungbitz:

Does Stanbic bank offer certificate for treasury bills bought from them?

Yes I am very sure they issue both hard and electronic copy mostly on request.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
I applied to buy Tbills through Ecobank since Monday (19th of June) @16.8% for 182days from the secondary market.. The lady added a postage stamp, up till this moment I am yet to be debited, I went there and she said it could take a week to be debited. Pls house is it the normal procedure, I thought you are supposed to be debited very fast since it is a secondary market.. Is it always like this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
I learnt there won't be auction for primary market till 5th July.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2017
gogedda:
I applied to buy Tbills through Ecobank since Monday (19th of June) @16.8% for 182days from the secondary market.. The lady added a postage stamp, up till this moment I am yet to be debited, I went there and she said it could take a week to be debited. Pls house is it the normal procedure, I thought you are supposed to be debited very fast since it is a secondary market.. Is it always like this?

That odd. Sec mkt normally shouldn't take more than 24hours, 48hr max. I suspect it could the public hols on 26th-27th.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
gogedda:

Ecobank no be bank!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Winneygirl(f): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
deepwater:
I learnt there won't be auction for primary market till 5th July.
True.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hello guyz,

I'm new here and wanna do TB biz. Sorry I have some questions
1. Can someone please explain d meaning and difference(pros and cons) between primary and secondary market. I don't know anything about them.
2. I'm thinking of doing with gtb cos I bank with them. Has anyone had it bad doing such biz with d bank? What's their present rate for 90 dayz? Is it similar to other banks? Any contrary advice?
3. Do I have to go to my branch to run d deal or any branch of d bank is okay?
4. Do they(gtb) give any certificate/investment proof/document when I deal cos i really need d doc especially d TB certuficate for Canadian EE proof of fund
5. If I have d money today, can I just walk into d required branch and deal successfully before leaving d bank without much stress? What do I need to do upon having d cash?
6. Finally, I've gathered from here dat I get my account credited immediately with d interest, how do I get my capital back upon expiration of d tenor. Do I automatically get credited at d time or I need to go back to d branch to do one or two things

Sorry for d numerous questions, just trying to be sure I understand everything about it before jumping into it.

One luv!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WALEXYY(m): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
gogedda:

I am not sure what the procedure is. But I think if you can reach them by sending a mail to ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com they'll explain better.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
I am still surprised.. I already applied since Monday the 19th, up till now, I am yet to be debited and I bought in the secondary market.. I just hope they are not trying to hold on to my money for a Lil while.. I only decided to use them because I bank with them and secondly because there is little rate difference between them (16.8%) and Stanbic (17.3%). Infact the major reason is because I bank with them and I will need a reference letter from them later. I remember the lady telling me that I should do fixed deposit..i will give them till next week. Pls house, how soon does Stanbic debt customers for secondary market?

WALEXYY:

I am not sure what the procedure is. But I think if you can reach them by sending a mail to ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com they'll explain better.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uzee24: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
feelaaG:
Good day Feelamong

Please see below the outcome of the Treasury Bills Primary Auction which held on June 22, 2017:

PRIMARY MARKET AUCTION RESULT

TENOR (DAYS) STOP RATE

91 13.4999%

182 17.5%

364 18.6499%

Did this auction really hold on the 22nd? Kinda suprised U know. If it did hold then most of this banks dont know what they are doing in this whole treasury bill thing and they just made me miss it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
Uzee24:

Did this auction really hold on the 22nd? Kinda suprised U know. If it did hold then most of this banks dont know what they are doing in this whole treasury bill thing and they just made me miss it.
Same too with me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gazelle22: 5:12am On Jun 26, 2017
Uzee24:

I was reliably informed by my account officer at investment-one financial services that auction do not hold on the last week of any quarter. The government therefore usually auction it on the week before the last week of the quarter.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2017
Was told with all surety and sincerity that this 22Nd auction would not hold and it would be on 5th July.
Na wa o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 26, 2017
SOMEONE SHOULD KINDLY ANSWER THESE
bigbroda:
Hello guyz,

I'm new here and wanna do TB biz. Sorry I have some questions
1. Can someone please explain d meaning and difference(pros and cons) between primary and secondary market. I don't know anything about them.
2. I'm thinking of doing with gtb cos I bank with them. Has anyone had it bad doing such biz with d bank? What's their present rate for 90 dayz? Is it similar to other banks? Any contrary advice?
3. Do I have to go to my branch to run d deal or any branch of d bank is okay?
4. Do they(gtb) give any certificate/investment proof/document when I deal cos i really need d doc especially d TB certuficate for Canadian EE proof of fund
5. If I have d money today, can I just walk into d required branch and deal successfully before leaving d bank without much stress? What do I need to do upon having d cash?
6. Finally, I've gathered from here dat I get my account credited immediately with d interest, how do I get my capital back upon expiration of d tenor. Do I automatically get credited at d time or I need to go back to d branch to do one or two things

Sorry for d numerous questions, just trying to be sure I understand everything about it before jumping into it.

One luv!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2017
Henryyy:

Thanks brother! Really waiting for answers to my questions o. Abeg make una helep a broda biko!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:55am On Jun 26, 2017
Gazelle22:

I was reliably informed by my account officer at investment-one financial services that auction do not hold on the last week of any quarter. The government therefore usually auction it on the week before the last week of the quarter.

*off topic

How are the services of investment-one? whats their minimum for TB? checked their wbsite but could get much info there. I've been considering using one of these financial houses and trying to decide between capital bank and investment1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teejay5(f): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
House pls hw many days will it take to liquidate an ongoing tb and hw will u be paid back.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
bigbroda:

Thanks brother! Really waiting for answers to my questionquestions o. Abeg make una helep a broda biko!

Henryyy:

How much una wan pay? Na per second billing o
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2017
olujaidi:

How much una wan pay? Na per second billing o
Lol Bros abeg na.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Henryyy:

Answers:
1)
http://www.investopedia.com/university/moneymarket/moneymarket2.asp

2)
I Bank with GTB too but I use STANBIC for treasured bills because at the moment, their rates are higher.

If you are going for a 90 day tenure, I'd suggest you go with STABIC secondary market. I got mine a few days ago for 17.5% as opposed to primary's 13.7%.
Note: You MUST first open an account with them.
3)
Any branch.
4)
Mine was sent to my email. So yes they do. That's for STANBIC though.

5)
Walk into any branch of the bank, deposit the money into your account (savings or current), walk upto the customer care unit, tell them you want to register for treasury bills, fill the form they give you, and the money will be deducted from the account you specified in the form.

6)
There is something called face value: It is the money you want to invest.
There is another known as discounted value: it is the money debited from your accounted leaving the interest value.
Say you want to invest 1m as the face value with 17.5 interest rate for 90 days. The discounted value would be about N952k or there about. Leaving about 48k in your account. That 48k is the interest.

At maturity, the face value will be credited back to your account. It may take few days for that to happen. You don't have to meet the bank.

I hop this helps. Now give me my consultation fee. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gazelle22: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
alezzy13:

*off topic

How are the services of investment-one? whats their minimum for TB? checked their wbsite but could get much info there. I've been considering using one of these financial houses and trying to decide between capital bank and investment1

I weighed every other option, along with what I want from investment, the products and services of that company appears to be what I need.

First, their minimum for T-Bills is 100k.

Secondly, they give you the option of collecting your interest backend (at the end of the tenure), as opposed to upfront presently at the rate of 22% reflecting the true value.

They send soft copy of your investment letter to your email after every successful bidding.

There is also an optional online portal where you view all your investment, face value, discounted value, daily interest accumulation, total interest so far, and maturity date for each of the investment. With that, I properly organize my finances.

Your account officer takes call anytime.

Those are just some of the reasons I do business with them.

I must make it clear that I gained most of my investment ideas here. I started here and have been here. FBNQUEST and Renmoney are also some other companies I do business with.

Hope this helps. I am only giving back to the forum that gave me a head start.

For investment-one, you may contact an account officer in their private banking department on 08129921106 (Olutayo). You may tell him Gazelle directed you.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bablowizad(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
Yes exactly... You must the one who came to close out some of your bills to go invest in stocks....
emmanuelewumi:

I met you in the bank on that day, the guy said N2.5 million was available for 360 days but within two minutes the offer available was less than 100k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.