Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428374 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
yomi007k:

Im not doubting u. Its jus dt I noticed dt first bank n stanbic give d best rates n I dont hv an account wt either.
I use stanbic plz how do invest am new
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
That's what bank staff are "programmed" to do,make money for their employer.
Go to First Bank on Monday, ask for a Personnel [/b]incharge of [b]Treasury Bills/Bond investment, ignore your account officer. Tell the person you want to invest in Treasury Bills. Ask for Tenors and Rates available. They may likely inquire of how much you want to invest.

chizzy4love:

Not small atall ooooooo.instead of money just wasting in the bank with little interest.i came across this page today.so if my bill is successful for instance,the money will be debited and interest paid within 3 days right?
Pls guys help as I need answers so as to invest the small money in my account.i just got off the phone with one of my bank's marketers and he dosnt want to explain it deeply for me and he is rather telling me to go for fixed deposit that there is no bidding for now.My bank is first bank and I am new at this.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizzy4love(f): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
amjustme2:
That's what bank staff are "programmed" to do,make money for their employer.
Go to First Bank on Monday, ask for a Personnel [/b]incharge of [b]Treasury Bills/Bond investment, ignore your account officer. Tell the person you want to invest in Treasury Bills. Ask for Tenors and Rates available. They may likely inquire of how much you want to invest.

Thanks.will do that on Monday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
chizzy4love:

Please are you saying if someone invest xxxm for instance,the person get xxxk per annum?
lol it's once in a year ooo!
Capital is returned at the maturity date.
Your interest comes to you almost immediately your bid is successful that is if u do not choose to reinvest ur interest..

Mind u we don't quote figures here

Cheers and happy investing smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizzy4love(f): 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
deepwater:
lol it's once in a year ooo!
Capital is returned at the maturity date.
Your interest comes to you almost immediately your bid is successful that is if u do not choose to reinvest ur interest..

Mind u we don't quote figures here

Cheers and happy investing smiley
Thanks darling.I appreciate.
It was just for example.i needed to understand it well.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
chizzy4love:

No wahala
Uwc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
chizzy4love:

@Deepwater, i still believe if you go to First Bank early on Monday you might still get 345days tenor at 18.3%pa.

As you are paid your interest upfront, note that unless you choose to break it, your principal invested will only be paid back to your account on the 344th day. Now you have to decide if you can afford to leave your money with FGN for that long! Of all safe short term investments Treasury Bills at current rates are just impressive and they suit my kind of person. And if you are fortunate to put in substantial sum, you can quickly benefit from returns on reinvested interest received upfront.
It plays well with those with deep pocket.

Let us know how it went on Monday after yr auspicious visit to First Bank. Dont expect yr account officer to be happy with you though undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
Investnow2017:

@Chizzy4love, i still believe if you go to First Bank early on Monday you might still get 345days tenor at 18.3%pa.

As you are paid your interest upfront, note that unless you choose to break it, your principal invested will only be paid back to your account on the 344th day. Now you have to decide if you can afford to leave your money with FGN for that long! Of all safe short term investments Treasury Bills at current rates are just impressive and they suit my kind of person. And if you are fortunate to put in substantial sum, you can quickly benefit from returns on reinvested interest received upfront.
It plays well with those with deep pocket.

Let us know how it went on Monday after yr auspicious visit to First Bank. Dont expect yr account officer to be happy with you though undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin

[quote author=Investnow2017 post=58002544][/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please how do I get started?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 12:00am On Jul 01, 2017
smithsydny:
I use stanbic plz how do invest am new

Jus enter d bank n ask customer care ....dey wil give u d latest info n a form to fill
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 12:06am On Jul 01, 2017
My email is Greatfullness494@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizzy4love(f): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=Investnow2017 post=58002544][/quote]
Thanks, will do that.
Please is the 18.3%p.a for primary or secondary market and how many days before my interest will be paid upfront after being debited.Lastly,I have been hearing no risk involved atall so meaning at the 344th day,my initial debit will be returned to my account right?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2017
yomi007k:

Jus enter d bank n ask customer care ....dey wil give u d latest info n a form to fill
ur a correct man.. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2017
Rates could vary, but for FBN secondary Market you will get something not less than 18% for maximum tenor availability.

Yes it's risk free and you will get your principal back.

chizzy4love:

Thanks, will do that.
Please is the 18.3%p.a for primary or secondary market and how many days before my interest will be paid upfront after being debited.Lastly,I have been hearing no risk involved atall so meaning at the 344th day,my initial debit will be returned to my account right?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 9:56am On Jul 01, 2017
You should note : Not all customer desk staff know about TBILLS, its better to ask for a Staff in charge of Treasury Bills. That's likely how you will get the right information.

smithsydny:
ur a correct man.. Thanks

yomi007k:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mexite: 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please NLers, what's the minimum capital for investment on TB in banks? Is it true that it's #50million?
amjustme2:
You should note : Not all customer desk staff know about TBILLS, its better to ask for a Staff in charge of Treasury Bills. That's likely how you will get the right information.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2017
mexite:

Please NLers, what's the minimum capital for investment on TB in banks? Is it true that it's #50million?

With 100k you can buy in the secondary market through First Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
mexite:

. . . That's if you want to bid from the primary market stating your own rate. Else, you can bid from secondary market at the prevailing rate and duration.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Happy new month. All I want to say is

Compound interest is a very great force.

take this scenario
A man who has 5million naira saved up and is working, can plan for retirement on time. How?
Let's say he compound his invests 5m annually @ 15% in Tbills and he contributes only 200k at the start of each year. After 20yrs, he will be a multi millionaire, making 105million. screen shot below

Ex2:Similarly one who compounds 1million annually @ 15% and adds 100k only at the start of each year,
After 20yrs, would have made 28million naira

Money enough to train his kids through university by then.

Ex3: For the ballers and top shot callers here, with 20million invested for only 5years @ 15% and with a yearly addition of 4miillion naira.
In 5yrs, u would have made 71million naira
Money enough to get start two housing projects.

One for personal use, and one for rent

#It may seem impossible due to fluctuation in tenor rates and
human desires for worldly things, but I tell u

If you decide to be a true disciple of compound interest, at least in a safe haven like tbills not a speculative market like stocks or lands or currency, You will sure harvest Big Fruits

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Happy new month. All I want to say is

take this scenario
A man who has 5million naira saved up and is working, can plan for retirement on time. How?
Let's say he compound his invests 5m annually @ 15% in Tbills and he contributes only 200k at the start of each year. After 20yrs, he will be a multi millionaire, making 105million. screen shot below

Ex2:Similarly one who compounds 1million annually @ 15% and adds 100k only at the start of each year,

Ex3: For the ballers and top shot callers here, with 20million invested for only 5years @ 15% and with a yearly addition of 4miillion naira.

#It may seem impossible due to fluctuation in tenor rates and
human desires for worldly things, but I tell u

If you decide to be a true disciple of compound interest, at least in a safe haven like tbills not a speculative market like stocks or lands or currency, You will sure harvest Big Fruits

Wow!! eye opening!! cheesy

Just a clarification, let me see if i get this compound interest thingy. using the first scenario, 5m @15 would yield 750k pa, right? So compounding would mean adding the 750k to the principal and reinvesting, ie 15m +750k = 5,750,000 the following year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=chukzyfcbb post=58017846]Happy new month. All I want to say is

take this scenario

. Thank's, same to you . please work two million for ten years for me ? .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
alezzy13:

Wow!! eye opening!! cheesy

Just a clarification, let me see if i get this compound interest thingy. using the first scenario, 5m @15 would yield 750k pa, right? So compounding would mean adding the 750k to the principal and reinvesting, ie 15m +750k = 5,750,000 the following year?
yes sire, that's what compounding means. simply reinvesting your interest + principal. If you happen to add something extra no matter how little at the start of each year, it becomes even better

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=ihedioramma post=58022972][/quote]
Pls use this website to
calculate expected earnings. Just punch in the numbers and the total will appear

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omotech: 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
please can l start this compounding of a thing with 200k, your respond will good thanks
chukzyfcbb:

yes sire, that's what compounding means. simply reinvesting your interest + principal. If you happen to add something extra no matter how little at the start of each year, it becomes even better
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Please, i will like to find out the minimum amount i can invest in Tbills in Diamond bank. I have a little amount of money there that i've not touched for over 2 years now? The bank is just playing around with the money.
Please help a brother with this answer. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
vitality22:
Please, i will like to find out the minimum amount i can invest in Tbills in Diamond bank. I have a little amount of money there that i've not touched for over 2 years now? The bank is just playing around with the money.
Please help a brother with this answer. Thanks

. . . DiamondBank accepts 100k as minimum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
No one to answer me? How do I get started?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missrational: 12:20am On Jul 02, 2017
inze:

. . . DiamondBank accepts 100k as minimum

So with 100k I can invest in the one for 1 year? Just confirming that it applies to all three tenures
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 12:25am On Jul 02, 2017
missrational:

So with 100k I can invest in the one for 1 year? Just confirming that it applies to all three tenures

Sure
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 1:17am On Jul 02, 2017
Steps:

1. Determine how much you want to invest.

2. Visit your bank to inquire of Treasury Bills Rates and tenors available. And make your choice.

3. Fill the form.

4. Anticipate Credit Alert of your interest after you have been debited.

0. Start Reading from the beginning to current page of this thread.

I were you, I will start with Step 0.

Tohsynetita1:
No one to answer me? How do I get started?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by raydatluvs(m): 1:49am On Jul 02, 2017
RealityShot:

use stanbic IBTC or First Bank.
go for 364 days tenor to get at least 18% interest at the next auction after you apply.

200k should fetch you about 36k yearly at current rates and its a good start!
some started with 100k only.
ride on!
thank you very much. How long have you trading and how has it been? You do forex and stocks markets too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.