Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434158 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz2: 5:43am On Aug 09, 2017
sonnie10:

Haven't you heard of compound interest before?

Like to get for 12 yrs naa.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:01am On Aug 09, 2017
sonnie10:

Haven't you heard of compound interest before?

The guy needs to go back and study JS 3 Mathematics.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

Your 12 years old son or nephew will be in a better position to explain it to you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sonnie10: 6:10am On Aug 09, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

Oga, you can compound your interest up to 100years if you wish. It is your money and your time.

I won't give up on you son! All you need is support and willingness to learn.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reyus: 6:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

How did you get this please?

See the attached formula and do the maths with your calculator.
interest rate in decimals.

In the above case, A - P = N283m

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2017
wellsaid:

Well compounding N45m @ an average of 18% interest rate over 12 years becomes N283m after the 12th year

Even though u are correct......18% is not guaranteed for that long . the next MPR meeting can change it all.

I pray not sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz2: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Your 12 years old son or nephew will be in a better position to explain it to you.
shocked
Savage
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz2: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2017
Reyus:

Will look at it later..
Tnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2017
Reyus:

in this jet age, why do you need to stress yourself.
Visit this site http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm

and Punch in the figures, you get the result immediately.
Way easier, posted this some time ago

1m at 12% for five years gave me that below.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammyjo112: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello guys, want to ask a few question:
1) What is the possibility of losing your money in treasury bills ?. Like what will have to happen
2) Related to the first question, will war or instability affect this. Am asking because of the October 1st deadline that is given up and down. ?
3) Can I cancel at any time ?

Forgive me, I just invested recently. After a few weeks, all this thought just started coming up. I suffered to make that small money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
wellsaid:

@skydiver1: divine help shall always locate whenever u need one IJN. Thank u soo much for this.

You are welcome and Amen.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
pls will there be 365 days auction next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
I love treasury bills but i have found a better investment for now in farmcrowdy/thriveagric with a shorter tenure and higher yield.

Then i can reinvest in treasury bills later. smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
CuteRedd:
I love treasury bills but i have found a better investment for now in farmcrowdy/thriveagric with a shorter tenure and higher yield.

wink

Wishing u the best.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
CuteRedd:

1. Remember that it is only your principal that is insured. Profit isn't.
2. If you chose the cassava option, the yield isn't far better than what you can get on the secondary market. In the past, I'd gotten 18.25% for roughly 9 months.

the poultry option makes sense sha.

this thriveagric just copied everything about farmcrowdy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexlo78: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2017
Can you please explain the compounding system of First Bank?

TONY56:

Why not? Especially when there are better and more profitable Banks than GTB when it comes to Treasury Bills.
First Bank I think should be your next port of call because they allow compounding interest and their rates are ALWAYS better than GTB which I consider to be "Stingy"
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
olujaidi:

1. Remember that it is only your principal that is insured. Profit isn't.
2. If you chose the cassava option, the yield isn't far better than what you can get on the secondary market. In the past, I'd gotten 18.25% for roughly 9 months.

the poultry option makes sense sha.

this thriveagric just copied everything about farmcrowdy

@this thriveagric just copied everything about farmcrowdy

Sure nice to have a competitor in a growing potential market

If you chose the cassava option, the yield isn't far better than what you can get on the secondary market. In the past, I'd gotten 18.25% for roughly 9 months

well 25% is greater and not prorated also thriveagric has better ROI with shorter tenures and i can buy more than one tho

Remember that it is only your principal that is insured. Profit isn't

Exactly that's the only issue tho but willing to take the risk
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
CuteRedd:

If you chose the cassava option, the yield isn't far better than what you can get on the secondary market. In the past, I'd gotten 18.25% for roughly 9 months

well 25% is greater and not prorated also thriveagric has better ROI with shorter tenures and i can buy more than one tho

a. there are several competitors with different models.

b. Also, remember that some crops are seasonal so your ROI is effectively annual if you chose such crops.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
olujaidi:

a. there are several competitors with different models.

b. Also, remember that some crops are seasonal so your ROI is effectively annual if you chose such crops.

Also, remember that some crops are seasonal so your ROI is effectively annual if you chose such crops

Yeah sure, invested only on the 5months 27% thriveagric ,it is actually 5 months counting from the time of investment thats why there are farm closes.

there are several competitors with different models.

Wow those two are the ones i know of tho... if you can email me so we don't derail the thread further thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexlo78: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
For a decision, please ensure you compare the farming investment ROI rate with the TB's true yield and not the marginal rate. For 364 days at 18.48% marginal rate, true yield before fees is about 22.7% while after fees is about 22.5%.

CuteRedd:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
walexlo78:
For a decision, please ensure you compare the farming investment ROI rate with the TB's true yield and not the marginal rate. For 364 days at 18.48% marginal rate, true yield before fees is about 22.7% while after fees is about 22.5%.

yeah sure but it would TBills 365 days to get that 22.7% while it takes me 5 months to get 27% ROI not prorated. After 5months i can re-invest again

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NoQualms1(f): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Has anyone here invested in Investment one's Vantage balance fund? If yes, what's your view of it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
walexlo78:
Can you please explain the compounding system of First Bank?

It's very easy without hassle.
After opening an account with them which I advise should be a Savings for obvious reasons, visit any branch of your choice and ask for the officer in charge of Treasury Bills.

Whether it's Primary or Secondary Market you want to go for, get their form, fill it with the amount and tenor you are choosing and indicate in the appropriate place on the form that you want your interest to be re-invested and not paid upfront.

Chikena!!! (That's all)
Avoid going through your account officer in case he or she is not happy that you are not opting for Fixed Deposit or process it through another Branch to avoid him or her entirely.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
Alikote:
pls will there be 365 days auction next week

https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/08/09/nigeria-sell-n62-4b-treasury-bills-next-wednesday/

If you open the link, you will see that it has been confirmed that only 91 & 182 days tenors will be available next week Wednesday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Investnow2017:

Oga Tony, going by the TBills programme for this 3rd quarter, its like there will be no auction for 364days tenor in the next bid.

Please can you take a look at the schedule posted by a folk here and advice please. If true, i might have to settle for the Secondary market at First Bank away from my branch.

It's now been officially confirmed that there will be no 364 days tenor on offer next week for NTB. only 91 & 182 days tenors will be available.
See the link below for the details and the amount that will be offered.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/08/09/nigeria-sell-n62-4b-treasury-bills-next-wednesday/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

the only thing holding you back is FEAR.

During the Last election period, I spoke with zenith bank account manager if she thinks Tbills was safe to fly then.
With the tension filled in the country then, I was scared of a possible breakup that could affect the investment.
Because of that I accepted the miserly rate zenith bank offered after she talked me out of Tbills.

PS; One of the worst banks to do Fixed deposit is with Zenith bank. My God, they are damn stingy with their rates.
i think 90days then was bout 4-5% p.a

Now election passed and nothing happened, and I lost on earning more if I had gone with treasury bills instead.
So forget about Biafra and Invest your money.
The agitation isn't even as scary as the Last concluded president campaigns in 2015, so fire on!

Thanks for your words bro, I have considered to invest invest in TB during the next bidding. My problem now is whether my mum can do it well. She never did such and neighter do i. I am currently not in the country as well so she is the one to carry out the deal without any knowledge of it. She uses first bank. Please what must she do?. I want her to invest the can in a primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
TONY56:

It's now been officially confirmed that there will be no 364 days tenor on offer next week for NTB. only 91 & 182 days tenors will be available.

Thanks,

Good thing I already secured 352 day @ 18.2% at FBN yesterday

FBN is sure the "king" of secondary market

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
okochaik:

Thanks for your words bro, I have considered to invest invest in TB during the next bidding. My problem now is whether my mum can do it well. She never did such and neighter do i. I am currently not in the country as well so she is the one to carry out the deal without any knowledge of it. She uses first bank. Please what must she do?. I want her to invest the can in a primary market

Investing is a serious business or so i see it. For those who have stumbled on this thread, count it a blessing. You have all, i mean all you need to know if you want to succeed in investing in Treasury Bills. Why not make the necessary sacrifice to read and understand what is involved in this form of investment before going into it. Why do we want to be spoonfed?

If you turn just 2 pages behind you will find that your questions so far on this thread have been repeatedly answered over and over and over and over again and again! This thread was at page 306 when i stumbled at it. I had to read from page (0). Hence i can act authoritatively today making money.

We all discussed whether or not there would be 364days tenor in the next auction, based on feelers from the schedule i took an informed decision and got a 360days tenor at 18% this past monday. Today it is confirmed that there will be no 364days tenor.

Read from PAGE ONE you would come off better informed than a prof who had never invested in this kind of financial instrument.

Those who share valuable info here need to be appreciated. Never would we want to take them for granted by asking frivolous questions suggestive of one who just wants to be spoonfed and led along effortlessly.

I know i have spoken the minds of many. We should always know that no sacrifice is worthless, the sacrifice you will make to read 337pages of this thread will be worthwhile.

Computer has made it seem that there was never a time that bank workers did their jobs without the use of calculator,lol. We want everything easy, easy, easy. You cant get up to operate your Tv, Ac, Fan, lol Remote control for everything cheesy

Read, read, read. You wont regret it. grin cheesy That was what i enjoyed in my generation.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
TONY56:

Thanks. I succeeded in getting 360days tenor @ 18% at the Secondary market in First Bank this past monday. Not too far away from my target, though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
Investnow2017:

Investing is a serious business or so i see it. For those who have stumbled on this thread, count it a blessing. You have all, i mean all you need to know if you want to succeed in investing in Treasury Bills. Why not make the necessary sacrifice to read and understand what is involved in this form of investment before going into it. Why do we want to be spoonfed?

If you turn just 2 pages behind you will find that your questions so far on this thread have been repeatedly answered over and over and over and over again and again! This thread was at page 306 when i stumbled at it. I had to read from page (0). Hence i can act authoritatively today making money.

We all discussed whether or not there would be 364days tenor in the next auction, based on feelers from the schedule i took an informed decision and got a 360days tenor at 18% this past monday. Today it is confirmed that there will be no 364days tenor.

Read from PAGE ONE you would come off better informed than a prof who had never invested in this kind of financial instrument.

Those who share valuable info here need to be appreciated. Never would we want to take them for granted by asking frivolous questions suggestive of one who just wants to be spoonfed and led along effortlessly.

I know i have spoken the minds of many. We should always know that no sacrifice is worthless, the sacrifice you will make to read 337pages of this thread will be worthwhile.

Computer has made it seem that there was never a time that bank workers did their jobs without the use of calculator,lol. We want everything easy, easy, easy. You cant get up to operate your Tv, Ac, Fan, lol Remote control for everything cheesy

Read, read, read. You wont regret it. grin cheesy That was what i enjoyed in my generation.

Thanks for the master piece, I tried reading and here I got to know about TB but I think I need to read more as you suggested. Thanks a lot for the contribution

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.