Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433425 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2017
infantlion:
Hello gurus in the house,
First bank gave me 182days @ 15.1

Hope am on track?

Grap the offer with both hands and deal fast!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by infantlion(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2017
Thank u boss!!! I really appreciate your efforts#feelamong

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2017
feelamong:

Grap the offer with both hands and deal fast!
Ditto for Stanbic IBTC!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sach: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Sach:
Hi all, first time terminating a tb beforehand. 91 days purchased at 13.25% October 5th. I am being told that the Tbill would be bought back at a whooping 18.5/19%(asked twice). Does anyone know the basic formula or pattern? Thanks!!

Any guidance please ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Destinydele: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, first bank gave me 14.99 for 364 days..Is that good or the rate is poor? I also invested the interest along with the capital which is 2m , that made my interest compound...What should i expect at the end of the tenor? Please, kindly help me out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ugoelvis1(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2017
My Subscription for 364 days primary market a fortnight ago through First bank failed to get through. I went to the bank to enquire acknowledgement receipt. To my greatest surprise was told that their bid failed and money have been returned. I felt a pinch meaning if I didn't ask, no one cared to alert me, after two weeks my money was deducted from my account. They suggested that I re subscribe for the up coming bid date which I declined out of anger. Now I am in another branch to make a fresh booking but was told I was late, the bidding was conducted yesterday. In desperation I opted for the secondary market which they offered me 16 % for 274 days which is lower than the 364 days tenor I intended.
Please house I would want to know if I should go along with it or still wait another two weeks. Is it a good offer?. Need your response urgently
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Destinydele: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, first bank gave me 14.99 for 364 days..Is that good or the rate is poor? I also invested the interest along with the capital which is 2m , that made my interest compound...What should i expect at the end of the tenor? Please, kindly help me out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2017
Destinydele:

Meristem wealth offers the following rates

91days - 12.85%
182days - 15.05%
364days - 15.20%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kings11ng(m): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
just got credited by stanbic for the TB I bought last year @ 18%. I wonder if I can get @ least 17% @ the secondary market from any bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
ugoelvis1:
My Subscription for 364 days primary market a fortnight ago through First bank failed to get through. I went to the bank to enquire acknowledgement receipt. To my greatest surprise was told that their bid failed and money have been returned. I felt a pinch meaning if I didn't ask, no one cared to alert me, after two weeks my money was deducted from my account. They suggested that I re subscribe for the up coming bid date which I declined out of anger. Now I am in another branch to make a fresh booking but was told I was late, the bidding was conducted yesterday. In desperation I opted for the secondary market which they offered me 16 % for 274 days which is lower than the 364 days tenor I intended.
Please house I would want to know if I should go along with it or still wait another two weeks. Is it a good offer?. Need your response urgently

Ah! I am just seeing your post.
If you have not grabbed it, I bet it won't be there for you now cause it would have been grabbed by others.

That was one of the best you could get now by my understanding
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jinwas(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
ugoelvis1:

Considering market stance right now. That's a very good offer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luluz4u: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
I got at 15.1% for 364days gtb bank. thanks to my acct officer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
luluz4u:
I got at 15.1% for 364days gtb bank. thanks to my acct officer

That's good news!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have a deep pocket? N100 million upward

shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
jinwas:

T-Bills and OMO (Open Market Operation) are similar and work almost the same way. Whilst T-Bills are issued to finance government budget deficit, OMOs are issued by the CBN for monetary policy management (to control excess liquidity).

OMOs actually doesn't have a calendar or schedule, they're issued mostly at irregular times to control money supply.

PS: Get close to your bankers(Treasury unit), finance and discount houses. CBN has been very consistent with OMO auctions for months now and it has some attractive rates within 16-17% range too (higher than PMA).

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ugoelvis1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
TONY56:

Ah! I am just seeing your post.
If you have not grabbed it, I bet it won't be there for you now cause it would have been grabbed by others.

That was one of the best you could get now by my understanding

Thanks a lot, when I noticed no prompt response is coming my way from the forum. I asked the lady staff her opinion which she replied it's best offer among the higher tenors available and when compared to the result of the last primary market bid. So I subscribe for principal + interest and the debit alert came in almost immediately while I was still in the bank.
Please do I take it that the bid was successful this time around. And hope they will issue me a paper covering the investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ugoelvis1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
jinwas:

Considering market stance right now. That's a very good offer.
Thanks for your contribution, I cashed in only it's lower tenor and interest. But half bread they say is better than nothing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lilee2hot(f): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
Any one heard from Stanbic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
lilee2hot:
i went there today for the TB I applied 3 days ago.. They said I should come on Monday

Primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jinwas(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
ugoelvis1:

Thanks for your contribution, I cashed in only it's lower tenor and interest. But half bread they say is better than nothing

Yes. Short tenor lower interest and yield. But then like you said half bread...

Cheers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Destinydele: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, first bank gave me 14.99 for 364 days..Is that good or the rate is poor? I also invested the interest along with the capital which is 2m , that made my interest compound...What should i expect at the end of the tenor? Please, kindly help me out...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gbenga230(m): 6:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
lilee2hot:

Just got debit alert now from UBA For successful 364 days bid @ 15.1%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ade101(m): 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello house, please how long does it take to get back the money after termination. I need to sell back one of my tbill to raise quick cash. Please anyone with idea on how soon I can be credited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lilee2hot(f): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
Stanbic has answered at 15.25% from my calculation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
Guys am confuse oo.. I applied for 91 days TBills at Stanbic Bank... Funded my account with N437,000..I applied for N435,000...this is the Debit alert I just recieved.. I don't understand

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by atilla(m): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
megacontrol:
Similar experience i've had at Stanbic Admiralty branch in Lekki, within the same period I have successfully done three different TBills transaction at FBN.
I will have to try another Stanbic branch.

Try going to stanbic on freedom road instead the branch is always empty that's why I go.
The lady at customer services responded to me was well informed.i first of all went in asked her silly questions which she could answer then asked her more questions just to test her.
Ended up getting an alert less than an hour after leaving.
Those staff are admiralty are okay but seem distracted with gossip amd their make up and might not help you as fast as you need.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Izuogu1:
Guys am confuse oo.. I applied for 91 days TBills at Stanbic Bank... Funded my account with N437,000..I applied for N435,000...this is the Debit alert I just recieved.. I don't understand

It means your interest is N14,207. At the end of 91 days, you will get your N435,000.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
Destinydele:
Hello gurus in the house, first bank gave me 14.99 for 364 days..Is that good or the rate is poor? I also invested the interest along with the capital which is 2m , that made my interest compound...What should i expect at the end of the tenor? Please, kindly help me out...

At the end of the tenor, expect to get back your capital N2m along with a total interest of N344,740 (before deductions).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kingtolus: 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good evening house, please i am currently in Maiduguri, I operate account with first bank , i visited their office today that i want to invest in treasury bill but the lady in charge told me she does not know much about secondary market but she gave me a form to fill.

She told me she also participate in that of the primary but she has never done that of secondary market. I asked them what rate is available she told me that she did not know, from all my discussion with her she sound like a novice that is just put in charge, i was ask to meet another of their boss but he himself does nt know much but they told me to fill the form that they will communicate with me via email and they also advice me to go for primary.

Please my concern is that since no rate and tenor was shown to me which i was told will be given to me based on availability should i continue to fill the form. if i do not like the rate and tenor because i want something 100days or lesser can i reject the offer without penalty or loss in my capital for the bidding.
please i want advice of what i can do in this case , please house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Destinydele: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
Thank you and God bless you..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
ugoelvis1:

Thanks a lot, when I noticed no prompt response is coming my way from the forum. I asked the lady staff her opinion which she replied it's best offer among the higher tenors available and when compared to the result of the last primary market bid. So I subscribe for principal + interest and the debit alert came in almost immediately while I was still in the bank.
Please do I take it that the bid was successful this time around. And hope they will issue me a paper covering the investment

Oh yes. It was at Secondary market. That was a beautiful rate you got. You do not bid at the secondary market. You simply buy into or reject the available offer.
In this case, you bought the offer and you were debited almost immediately and you will be given a hard copy(a paper copy covering the investment) on request from where you bought it.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
I got d same rate for d same tenure. Dia rate is actually low compared with stop rate n other bank rates.

junglep:
Who else went for 364 with first bank. I got 14.97. Why are their rates always slightly lower than actual rates.?

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Crystalline(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.