Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447097 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2017
confluence:
My brother did his first degree in Biochemistry, Msc in international Business at Griffith, Currently Work for A Company THat Makes Certain Chemical For Intel in Dublin.
thank you very much god bless
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Alikote:
thank you very much god bless

Not on this thread please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2017
confluence:
I could be of help, my brother did his MSc in Griffith, currently in Ireland, got a job after his Msc, I could link you if interested, though I did not find it funny initially as regards fees payment and accommodation issue.
please link me up with your bother
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2017
Ok no problem, my phone number is below my post just send me an sms
Alikote:
please link me up with your bother
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davide470(m): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2017
dotcomnamename:

This is not about sorry it's the fact you said there. The guy need to leave this thread before he destroy it like he did to other threads with his adverts. I don't just understand why the mods refused to ban him but are quick to ban other people. He has destroyed almost all the business and investment threads with his Forex adverts and he has started destroying other threads. If you create a thread about anything that has to do with you have money somewhere, he will destroy it for you. grin . I wonder if he's paying the mod for allowing him. To continue derailing threads.
I have not seen you mentioning the mod(s) of this section.

Why not do that instead.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Geist(m): 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hi friends, I have close to 340k I was willing to invest in Tbills. But I hear now is not a good time for Tbills and that I should wait for the new year. That aside I plan to move my investments between Tbills, MMF funds and maybe bitcoins if I am able to understand how to navigate these funds and make decisions based on the current market trends. Unfortunately I am a newbie to investment and these things just seem like tongues to me. Anybody willing to coach me here?
Cc torres2
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
Geist, no carry dt kind money do newbie.

Money Dracula full here, dem go drink u dry.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
Geist:
Hi friends, I have close to 340k I was willing to invest in Tbills. But I hear now is not a good time for Tbills and that I should wait for the new year. That aside I plan to move my investments between Tbills, MMF funds and maybe bitcoins if I am able to understand how to navigate these funds and make decisions based on the current market trends. Unfortunately I am a newbie to investment and these things just seem like tongues to me. Anybody willing to coach me here?
Cc torres2

A newbie in bitcoin especially you must know your onions a lot. That is why dotcomnamename was advocating for tbills earlier. I got his point and was a valid one: the volatility.

You know why I might not advise crypto general for a newbie: In tbills your interest is sure..infact you know you know interest/ paid ur interest upfront except you choose not to yourself. I think same thing works for MMF but in crypto you can predict the picture.

You don't know maybe eventually you will get burnt in crypto and it requires you following their updates up to date to know decision that will crash or increase its value. Last time a crash was mention here the value was 16,3plus and presently 18,3plus.

If you aren't risk thickened and hearted stick to those government security program
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please can we stop derailing this topic/ thread.
This is Treasury Bill in Nigeria, for crying out loud.
Open your own thread and stop spamming us.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Geist(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
torres2:

A newbie in bitcoin especially you must know your onions a lot. That is why dotcomnamename was advocating for tbills earlier. I got his point and was a valid one: the volatility.

You know why I might not advise crypto general for a newbie: In tbills your interest is sure..infact you know you know interest/ paid ur interest upfront except you choose not to yourself. I think same thing works for MMF but in crypto you can predict the picture.

You don't know maybe eventually you will get burnt in crypto and it requires you following their updates up to date to know decision that will crash or increase its value. Last time a crash was mention here the value was 16,3plus and presently 18,3plus.

If you aren't risk thickened and hearted stick to those government security program
LoL thanks for your response but I don't intend to go into bitcoins immediately not until I am sure I understand the market and the kind of risk I'm making with each investment and same goes for Tbills. I am told Tbills is risk free but one can loose money if they don't wait till maturity while some can still make gain. I would like to know how to predict these times to I can move investments.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
@Fxmanager, channel ur advert to ur own thread, kindly leave this thread. Anything outside Tbills in here is filth.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
dipoolowoo:
CBN to Sell N1.3tr Treasury Bills in Q1 2018
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/16/cbn-sell-n1-3tr-treasury-bills-q1-2018/

That's a good time for cbn. Rate will return normal in Q1 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2017
Happy Sunday, people. I need to know how to invest in T-bills (off the secondary market) with N100,000. I understand the CBN increased primary market minimum investment amount to N50 m. How do I get around this?

E dakun... Biko... Someone should answer me, please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2017
elpiro:
calendar for next NTB

Good morning, Sir. Now, while the ROI figures up there look interesting, I shudder when I remember that the amount invested may have been upwards of N50 m (according to CBN). I am a Student, biko. I have just N100k to invest in T-Bills for 91- days at least. Is it possible to do so?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
iamadonis2:

Good morning, Sir. Now, while the ROI figures up there look interesting, I shudder when I remember that the amount invested may have been upwards of N50 m (according to CBN). I am a Student, biko. I have just N100k to invest in T-Bills for 91- days at least. Is it possible to do so?

Prevailing market, you wouldn't make up to 4k. Are you ready for that.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
iamadonis2:
Happy Sunday, people. I need to know how to invest in T-bills (off the secondary market) with N100,000. I understand the CBN increased primary market minimum investment amount to N50 m. How do I get around this?

E dakun... Biko... Someone should answer me, please.

Go to your bank and meet the tbills officer for form. If no account then use first bank and open account.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
GODAKPAN:

Prevailing market, you wouldn't make up to 4k. Are you ready for that.

4k after a period of 91 days... It's higher than regular interests on savings, anyway. I'll consider it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 12:07am On Dec 18, 2017
Hello again everyone.

Do we have anyone that's into FGN bond (not savings bond ooo) here? I'll like to get information on certain things:

How does one go about it? Through banks or investment Coys? Which ones are the best? What's the minimum amount needed? When is the next auction?

God bless you as you answer cool cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thotianna: 12:58am On Dec 18, 2017
just2endowed:

That's a good time for cbn. Rate will return normal in Q1 2018
When does first quater start?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:56am On Dec 18, 2017
thotianna:

When does first quater start?

embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2017
SamReinvented:
Hello again everyone.

Do we have anyone that's into FGN bond (not savings bond ooo) here? I'll like to get information on certain things:

How does one go about it? Through banks or investment Coys? Which ones are the best? What's the minimum amount needed? When is the next auction?

God bless you as you answer cool cool

FGN savings Bond is not being handled by any bank.

Its a product specifically arranged for the retail end of the market and only Stockbrokers are allowed to arrange it for their customers.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2017
Market Looks Forward to N136.4b Maturing T-Bills This Week
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/18/market-looks-forward-n136-4b-maturing-t-bills-week/

Nigeria’s Inflation Eases to 15.90% in November
**As Food Index Slows to 20.30%
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/18/nigerias-inflation-eases-15-90-november/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2017
The Rosabon Treasury Note - RTN, is the ultimate investment plan. This is a tenor-based account which offers highly competitive interest rates for individuals and corporate organizations.

It is targeted towards self-employed and working class individuals, corporate and small to medium scale businesses that are tired of meagre interest on their regular business and/or savings account and wish to earn mouthwatering interest rates on their investment.

Investors get to determine their deposit, tenor of investment plan and form of payment. Another important benefit of the RTN is that you can negotiate your desired interest rate on deposits above ₦1, 000,000

Get on board today and EARN great returns!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by daywalker12911(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
feelamong:

FGN savings Bond is not being handled by any bank.

Its a product specifically arranged for the retail end of the market and only Stockbrokers are allowed to arrange it for their customers.
You can access the FGN Savings bond through any Stanbic ibtc Branch.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thotianna: 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
TONY56:

embarassed embarassed embarassed
I wanted to know what day in January the next sale of Tbills will be available. I got the info from the bank today, thanks for helping.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.