Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446285 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
StanbicIBTC Mutual Funds (MMF) website is down! shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RAY12345(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
dotcomnamename:
StanbicIBTC Mutual Funds (MMF) website is down! shocked

Hello boss,
You making it sound as if it is MMM or GHW and d likes. Should we be worried? I don't think so. The app is still working fine.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
RAY12345:

Hello boss,
You making it sound as if it is MMM or GHW and d likes. Should we be worried? I don't think so. The app is still working fine.

Smh, your body too dey hot. Next time you should ask question rather than jumping into conclusion and you should always exercise patience. I'm a StanbicIBTC MMF subscriber undecided . In addition as a diaspora customer according to what they told me today, they have problem with their website and they're still working on it, and their app won't work for me for now because of my foreign contact number. May God help you O!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RAY12345(m): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Smh, your body too dey hot. Next time you should ask question rather than jumping into conclusion and you should always exercise patience. I'm a StanbicIBTC MMF subscriber undecided . May God help you O!

ha, no be fight o. Apologies sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
RAY12345:

ha, no be fight o. Apologies sir

Fight for where. The app finally worked for me grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 12:30am On Dec 19, 2017
feelamong:

FGN savings Bond is not being handled by any bank.

Its a product specifically arranged for the retail end of the market and only Stockbrokers are allowed to arrange it for their customers.

Feelamong. You didn't read my post o. I specifically emphasised "NOT savings bond o". I was inquiring on the normal FGN Bond. Please if you have answers to my questions. Do share smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:51am On Dec 19, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by harlee(m): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2017
dipoolowoo:
FG Begins Sale of N10.69b Debut Green Bond
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/19/fg-begins-sale-of-n10-69b-debut-green-bond/
please explain this in simple terms
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by newslifeop: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2017
so when is the next tbills bid
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dalighieri: 10:23am On Dec 19, 2017
@feelamong
bro pls how can I reach you? I bought a number of shares in 2006 (Nigerian Breweries,Oando,First Bank)and completely forgot all about it when I got home I got all the letters of dividends many expired now I want to check what they are worth and collect all the back dividends and possibly divest some of the shares to invest in this T bills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 11:46am On Dec 19, 2017
Does this mean TB is still possible this month?
dipoolowoo:
CBN Resumes OMO T-Bills Auction with N353b Sale
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/18/cbn-resumes-omo-t-bills-auction-n353b-sale/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fydence: 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
just2endowed:

That's a good time for cbn. Rate will return normal in Q1 2018
Please be kind and explain what the Normal rates are..... Rates are between 6 to 9 percent now as gathered from my bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fydence: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
dipoolowoo:
CBN to Sell N1.3tr Treasury Bills in Q1 2018
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/16/cbn-sell-n1-3tr-treasury-bills-q1-2018/
Please how can one use this to predict the rates for the future...and make an informed decision?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
Dalighieri:
@feelamong
bro pls how can I reach you? I bought a number of shares in 2006 (Nigerian Breweries,Oando,First Bank)and completely forgot all about it when I got home I got all the letters of dividends many expired now I want to check what they are worth and collect all the back dividends and possibly divest some of the shares to invest in this T bills.
You can easily meet him at the Usi-tech whatsapp group. There, you can easily discuss other investment opportunities with him personally
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chomzy19(f): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
vitality22:

You can easily meet him at the Usi-tech whatsapp group. There, you can easily discuss other investment opportunities with him personally

Hello, how can I join this Usi- tech Whatsapp group? I am interested.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
davide470:
I have not seen you mentioning the mod(s) of this section.

Why not do that instead.
i have personally reported that fxmanager guy over 10 times... Is the report feature not working?

we are tired of the guy on this thread.

cc: Moderators: dominique, MrKnowitall

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
davit:
Does this mean TB is still possible this month?
yes Sir.
secondary market AKA OPEN MARKET OPERATIONS resumed on monday.

you can go and buy some tomorrow.
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/govtsecurities.asp
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
fydence:
Please be kind and explain what the Normal rates are..... Rates are between 6 to 9 percent now as gathered from my bank.
wrong .. Rates are at 13% and 14.90% for 91 and 180+ days resp according to OMO sales monday and tuesday (yesterday)

did you notice the info on inflation rate by dipolowo?

next year is election campaign year..
There will be so much need for liquidity cbn must try to keep rates OK or liquidity will increase inflation.

the rates in jan will not go as low as 10%

my thought

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Chomzy19:

Hello, how can I join this Usi- tech Whatsapp group? I am interested.
Let me have your phone number and name on 08099663004 so that I will tell the admin to add you there or betterstill, can i use the phone number on your signature?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiki2: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dalighieri:
@feelamong

-To receive payment on all outstanding dividend, kindly take the following document to the attached address( fortunately, all your shares is housed under one registrars );
1) All dividend warrant with you
2) A valid means of identification
3) Passport photographs

Please note that between 2006 to date, NB and FBNH have both declared bonus shares.

- To divest some of your shareholding, you will need to open a Brokerage Account with a Stockbroking Firm assuming you don't have one already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fydence: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
RealityShot:

wrong .. Rates are at 13% and 14.90% for 91 and 180+ days resp according to OMO sales monday and tuesday (yesterday)

did you notice the info on inflation rate by dipolowo?

next year is election campaign year..
There will be so much need for liquidity cbn must try to keep rates OK or liquidity will increase inflation.

the rates in jan will not go as low as 10%

my thought
Please which bank will deal at these rates so I switch sharply.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fydence: 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
RealityShot:

yes Sir.
secondary market AKA OPEN MARKET OPERATIONS resumed on monday.

you can go and buy some tomorrow.
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/govtsecurities.asp
Please how can I purchase from the Secondary market apart from through a bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inspirational93: 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
click this link to download free PDF document files and related courses on any topic(business,career,investment,small business,import and export,marketing,financial education,management, etc)
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by izang87(m): 2:28am On Dec 21, 2017
izang87:
Guys abeg my TB is supposed to mature soon.
Please am I to notify my bank or I will be credited once it is mature. I don't want it rolled over.
Thanks!
I've just been credited by my bank o.
Thanks guys!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:33am On Dec 21, 2017
fydence:
Please which bank will deal at these rates so I switch sharply.
its secondary market , so its the same at all banks.

first bank or stanbic ibtc come to mind.

pls i can not recommend any other firm apart from banks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fydence: 6:57am On Dec 21, 2017
RealityShot:

. Thanks for the info. I have asked for a reconfirmation from my bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lionhearted: 10:46am On Dec 21, 2017
RealityShot:

i believed secondary rates are not the same at all banks.

could be wrong though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
Hello. I have 600k in treasury bills with my bank. I want to save another 600k in treasury bills. Will my bank allow it? Please i need urgent reply thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
zinaunreal:
Hello. I have 600k in treasury bills with my bank. I want to save another 600k in treasury bills. Will my bank allow it? Please i need urgent reply thanks

Fill another form and transact. Or you terminate the first one and apply with 1.2m u might incur loss by terminating before maturity. Best option is invest separately or run it to terminate with the previous, then you can invest both together

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stokfrick, Toyrem and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.