Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468309 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2018
How should I position in this market environment?

The last few months saw bond yields increase by 1.50/1.75%p.a. and currently between 13.5% to 14.8% p.a. for maturities ranging from February 2020 to April 2037.
We envisage this rise in bond yields will likely play out in the money market segment of the market, such as treasury bills and commercial papers, although at a slower pace.

On this note, we encourage investors to [b]stay in the short-end of the yield curve, such as investing in the Money Market Fund or very short-dated Treasury bills [/b]and with a plan to rotate into longer tenured fixed income investments in coming months.

#Copied

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:39am On Aug 29, 2018
NL1960:

Have you seen the high number of houses for sale dotting every nook and cranny of Lagos?.

Btw, where is that house located?. It is not enough to just give us how much he sold it. The location and type of house is also needed.

Lagos is not the only place in Nigeria other state are available
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:05am On Aug 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Lagos is not the only place in Nigeria other state are available

I know. So mention the place and the type of house. The information you gave was not complete. You also did not mention how much was used for maintenance of the house and if there were no problematic tenants as the house being in Nigeria, i doubt the tenant or all the tenants were well behaved for that period.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:42am On Aug 29, 2018
NL1960:

I know. So mention the place and the type of house. The information you gave was not complete. You also did not mention how much was used for maintenance of the house and if there were no problematic tenants as the house being in Nigeria, i doubt the tenant or all the tenants were well behaved for that period.

I don't want to convince u ,if u know ,U know .....a single tenate occupy it for 10 years ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2018
MTN SME data .....Its fast and reliable with 90days validity.
1 gig @ #750
2 gig @ #1350
3 gig @ #2100
5 gig @ #3200
Contact me on whatsapp, sms or phone call zero eight one three eight seven two five five three eight. Your data starts working after Cash transfer is received.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Blossoms17(f): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
umulobi:

Send me a Pm
Hi I also sent you a pm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
I don't want to convince u ,if u know ,U know .....a single tenate occupy it for 10 years ....

No maintenance in 10 years. No tenant wahala and tenant non payment for 10 years. No stress to collect the yearly rent for 10 years. What a lucky Landlord.

Anyway, people have different investment goals and strategies.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
NL1960:

No maintenance in 10 years. No tenant wahala and tenant non payment for 10 years. No stress to collect the yearly rent for 10 years. What a lucky Landlord.

Anyway, people have different investment goals and strategies.
have u heard of the word cooperate tenate ,taking 5 year lease ..i have 4 tenate that have never defaulted more than 3 months to complete payments for the past 5 years ...we are talking about house not face me I also u tenate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
My friend built a house for 5.5 m naira in 2007 sold it for 27 million naira today having earn 5m as rent for the house over 10 year period 27+5 =33m ......if that money was in treasury bill it will be around 22.5 million hence extra 10 m was made ....this is a life experience oooh ..guys i think we should expand our portfolios even if he converted the fund to dollar 45000 dollar 10 year ago to buy dollar bond it will now be 81000 dollar at 6 percent which will be 29,0000000 million...

ahiboilandgas:
have u heard of the word cooperate tenate ,taking 5 year lease ..i have 4 tenate that have never defaulted more than 3 months to complete payments for the past 5 years ...we are talking about house not face me I also u tenate

You are just giving these details now after so much asking. Your original post said 'a house'. A face-me-i-face-you is a house now as people live in it. Face-me-i-face-you people normally say 'iam going to my house' and not 'iam going to my face-me-i-face-you'. grin.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
NL1960:

You are just giving these details now after so much asking. Your original post said 'a house'. A face-me-i-face-you is a house now as people live in it. Face-me-i-face-you people normally say 'iam going to my house' and not 'iam going to my face-me-i-face-you'. grin.
am just saying have several assets
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
am just saying have several assets
Lol
you have interest in assets does not mean others do.
Some people don’t want their money in illiquid investments.
You may decide to sell your house today and not see buyer for months . Or years .
A woman was on this thread some months ago , I can’t dig up the post .
She explained how her husband acquired a house,refurbished it and how they have been spending additional money on the house to maintain it and all. And the rent they collect too .
She explained everything and said if her husband had known .
He would have invested his money in treasury bills.
Because from her calculations.Tbills interest rate is higher than the annual rent they collect.

Modified
Well, I did some digging and I found the post …
Happyfellow147:
I'm happy you brought this here. My husband about two years ago had some good sum he was looking to invest and asked my opinion. I said TB but the issue was that we didn't know where to buy. I asked around but I was told to go to cbn in my state. Thereafter, my husband bought a property with that money which up till now, hasn't given us up to 300k, rather from the small rent he will collect, he'd be spending on the same property. I want to advise him to sell so we can still do TB now that I'm aware.Or better still buy land and speculate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
4601CE:
Lol
you have interest in assets does not mean others do.
Some people don’t want their money in illiquid investments.
You may decide to sell your house today and not see buyer for months . Or years .
A woman was on this thread some months ago , I can’t dig up the post .
She explained how her husband acquired a house,refurbished it and how they have been spending additional money on the house to maintain it and all. And the rent they collect too .
She explained everything and said if her husband had known .
He would have invested his money in treasury bills.
Because from her calculations.Tbills interest rate is higher than the annual rent they collect.

Modified
Well, I did some digging and I found the post …
her info is incomplete,from my experience the house they bought will be around 6 million max to warrant a rent of 300 k ,but he did poor due dilengency to buying an old house as a premium,he could price down to 5 m then use 1 million to fix it up to new then collect 400 k over 10 years and sell for 15 million....making a total 19 m .Nb expected annual increase in rent will pay up for maintenance
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
U don't buy houses any how ,U buy in place with growth potential ,study the area well overtime .....example my friend bought an apartment in game village surulere for 7 million 6 year back upgrade it with 1 million ,rented for 650 k for 5 years sold it out for 13 million ...that around 17 million in total earning s

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
her info is incomplete,from my experience the house they bought will be around 6 million max to warrant a rent of 300 k ,but he did poor due dilengency to buying an old house as a premium,he could price down to 5 m then use 1 million to fix it up to new then collect 400 k over 10 years and sell for 15 million....making a total 19 m .Nb expected annual increase in rent will pay up for maintenance
Are you seriously still arguing about their own property ? Is it your house?
Are you saying that woman didn’t know what she was saying
I’m out of this conversation angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
4601CE:
Are you seriously still arguing about their own property ? Is it your house?
Are you saying that woman didn’t know what she was saying
I’m out of this conversation angry
really her buying a property doesn't make her a genius in property markets ....see u so u don't know u can over pat for a house....am also out plenty learners
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:

If that's how you calculate such investment, it means that same house of 5 million which will be sold for 15M after 10 years will then be about 45M in another 10 years. Bros abi babe, its not that mathematical. Living in Abuja for past 18 years, i have seen houses rise and fall seriously. A house bought for 2.2M was sold for around 8M after 10 years. The new owner sold it for 7M (after buying for 8M) after 3 years of ownership. Houses usually get to their peak on the graph and the only next option is to begin a fall.

I pay rent in a house that was sold to the Landlord for 23M in the year 2013. Recently, he put the house up for sale and the highest he got was 17M (to be paid in installment sef). He said to rather not sell instead of running at a loss.

If the transport system is improved better than presently, with all high speed rail lines criss-crossing Nigeria, and roads are repaired; i can assure you that it will further crash property prices further because living in Ibadan and working in Ikeja will be more cost effective. Living in Kaduna or Lokoja or Suleja and working in Abuja will be more cost effective. The issue of considering buying properties in high yield area will gradually balance itself out in favour of development catching up with satellite towns and adjourning cities to the cake locations.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
TBills is secured compared to risk of falling price in properties like is the case now compared to 3 years ago.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tbills thread is about to catch fire again

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Today's auction rates are quite interesting..

Upwards swing come around again as reserves go below $46b for the first time in a long time...

Happy days are back again in treasury bills

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
feelamong:
Today's auction rates are quite interesting..

Upwards swing come around again as reserves go below $46b for the first time in a long time...

Happy days are back again in treasury bills

Rates please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
unite4real:

If that's how you calculate such investment, it means that same house of 5 million which will be sold for 15M after 10 years will then be about 45M in another 10 years. Bros abi babe, its not that mathematical. Living in Abuja for past 18 years, i have seen houses rise and fall seriously. A house bought for 2.2M was sold for around 8M after 10 years. The new owner sold it for 7M (after buying for 8M) after 3 years of ownership. Houses usually get to their peak on the graph and the only next option is to begin a fall.

I pay rent in a house that was sold to the Landlord for 23M in the year 2013. Recently, he put the house up for sale and the highest he got was 17M (to be paid in installment sef). He said to rather not sell instead of running at a loss.

If the transport system is improved better than presently, with all high speed rail lines criss-crossing Nigeria, and roads are repaired; i can assure you that it will further crash property prices further because living in Ibadan and working in Ikeja will be more cost effective. Living in Kaduna or Lokoja or Suleja and working in Abuja will be more cost effective. The issue of considering buying properties in high yield area will gradually balance itself out in favour of development catching up with satellite towns and adjourning cities to the cake locations.
the entire federal budget can't fund a high speed train

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qizick: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
4601CE:
Minimum with most banks is 100K naira.
Go buy FG Savings Bond or
MMF
Please what is mmf
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
Barrytone:

Rates please

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
qizick:

Please what is mmf
money market fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
zinaunreal:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tbills thread is about to catch fire again
yes O! As stock market has bellied up!
Hahaha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GetPosted: 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
Barrytone:

Rates please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:24am On Aug 30, 2018
good morning house..
Has GTBANK credited anyone today..?
This is very strange,up till now,no credit notice...!
And my statement it has been written off in my internet statement of Account...!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 6:27am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=Gavrelino123 post=70736526]good morning house..
Has GTBANK credited anyone today..?
This is very strange,up till now,no credit notice...!
And my statement it has been written off in my statement of Account...!!![/quote

You will be credited today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:40am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=umulobi post=70736561][/quote]
Sir,have you been credited..?
Are you banking with GTBANK.?
I'm worried because it has already been written off in my Internet Banking with no credit notice in reciprocal..!!!
Have you been credited..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Sir,have you been credited..?
Are you banking with GTBANK.?
I'm worried because it has already been written off in my Internet Banking with no credit notice in reciprocal..!!!
Have you been credited..?

Gtbank mostly credit people by 4pm so expect ur interest till then. my 91days tenor will expire today and i already bid for yesterday auction for 182days tenor! i just hope my bid will be successful

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2018
Hi guys my money is still intact in my bank my money was not deducted from GTB 364 days treasure bills rate what have i done wrong? No mail nothing nothing ��� and I needed this treasure bills or can you recommend any bank that won't stress my life like GTB is doing me pass 3 treasure bills biding night help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2018
umulobi:

Which bank is this

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: enque(f), Lordchi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.