Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4435499 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
4601CE:
Some other people like this man will pay five hundred thousand naira tithe from their five million naira and wait for strange money to appear in their bank accounts in multiples grin grin

This bros wan cause trouble for here grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ennamdee:

Been following you bro, great insights ��.
I’ve tried reaching you via WhatsApp but no response.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

...will check my messages on WhatsApp nw.I ve been busy,sorry for late response.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mercy87(f): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hmm.. Learning so much here. Please which is the best to invest your Tbills in? What is Primary and Secondary market? Best investment arm? Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ikmontana1:
hi bosses in d haus,
jus read a news abt increase in a barrel of Crude oil to $74 ..
Aw does this affect t-bills rate ??

TB Rates will not be attractive.

But keep this in mind;

When crude oil price goes up, you need your Naira to buy cheap dollar. when the crude price goes down, you need your dollar to buy cheap Naira (then invest it in TB).

Na profit you go find from end to end.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
unite4real:

TB Rates will not be attractive.

But keep this in mind;

When crude oil price goes up, you need your Naira to buy cheap dollar. when the crude price goes down, you need your dollar to buy cheap Naira (then invest it in TB).

Na profit you go find from end to end.
tanx boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
hello bosses,
In wat situation shud an individual convert his naira to dollars with d hope of converting d dollars bck to naira in order to mk profit ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crownson(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
Making Money Online Just Became
Faster & Easier Than Ever Before...
CLICK HERE TO START MAKING MONEY FAST!
click the link in my signature to get started.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oma255: 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sammybabelious:
Good morning my sabi people,AKA gurus....
I invested on Tbills Feb 2018,for 91 days tenure.(primary market) it ended around may,den it was rolled over to this August.I sent a mail to first bank DAT I don't want it to be rolled over again,(am not in d state I did d tbills) dey replied I should go to any first bank branch n put in application to terminate it. Meanwhile it was on d eve evening of d tenure .(15/8/2018)so I went to d nearest branch d next day,unfortunately it has already been rolled over.16/8/2018
When I applied for it to be terminated, d in charge advice me to leave it ,because I will be charged high .so he collected my number DAT after scanning n is sending it to the branch and it been approve,he will tell me d amount I will be credited.
N.B.... I the money invested is 1.59M,so when he called d next day he said I will be credited with 1.48M.DAT 11k will be deducted ,just after 1 day,not even d interest, it from my main capital. I was shocked I ask him to hold on.
He said it was rolled over at 9.85%
Pls my question is ,is it for real,or he just said DAT to scared me.11k is too much na,I tot it will be around 2_5k.
Pls advice me on what to do. Am confused.
Am sorry for the long post

The 11k charges is the addiction of 25% penalty of primature termination on interest and other small charges of vat and commission fee.
Yes you were charged from your principal because you didn’t have any any interest except for one day which is about 430 naira.

If you had waited till maturity, your interest would have been about 39k, so 25% is like 9,700 + other small charges = 11k

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammybabelious: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
Have actually check dis more Dan 20times .you have really made my day/ weekend..A very BIG thank you..

Inbtw.,I did not terminate it again, make I wait jejely for 3 months(by Nov)11k is too much jare ,not DAT I needed the money urgently .
Oma255:

The 11k charges is the addiction of 25% penalty of primature termination on interest and other small charges of vat and commission fee.
Yes you were charged from your principal because you didn’t have any any interest except for one day which is about 430 naira.

If you had waited till maturity, your interest would have been about 39k, so 25% is like 9,700 + other small charges = 11k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sammybabelious:
Have actually check dis more Dan 20times .you have really made my day/ weekend..A very BIG thank you..

Inbtw.,I did not terminate it again, make I wait jejely for 3 months(by Nov)11k is too much jare ,not DAT I needed the money urgently .
Hope you have made necessary arrangements to stop them from rolling it over again tho?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammybabelious: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
You are Right. Because it actually 1.159M not 1.59M,, n I was told I will be given 1.148M.
Oma255:

Sammybabelious:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oma255: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2018
Sammybabelious:

You’re welcome.
Yes the choice to wait till maturity is better.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Oma255:

Morning,
On what authority do you say this?

Does the 25% charge apply to all banks or just First bank? Because we have seen on this thread where terminations are done with no bank charges.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Morning,

Does the 25% charge apply to all banks or just First bank? Because we have seen on this thread where terminations are done with no bank charges.
lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gaeul(f): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello House. I did 91days with FBN. After the second rollover, I asked that my investment be terminated. I was asked to submit an application at any branch which I did 2weeks prior to my TB maturity date. Sadly First bank still rolled it over. What should be my next action cos these banks sabi confuse people...they know how to put blame on customers and manipulate things.

I really need my cash and I don't want to pay for First Bank mistake. Please what to do?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amordiguys(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Morning,

even me confuse... Y would they deduct up to 25% of interest?. If this is true, then those guys are thieves..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aviona: 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
@gaeul, FBN requires you to notify the bank, at least 3 three weeks (minimum) before maturity. This clause is always written (though in smaller fonts) on their T-bills application forms. So obviously, you did not meet with that condition; hence the automatic roll over of your investment at the current interest rates, favourable or not, with or without your knowledge.
Hope others will take note.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
Anyone have idea how to check Tbill maturity date via FirstOnline?

For GTbank its easy to check via the internet Banking but i have not see where Firstbank added it on FirstOnline
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
aviona:
@gaeul, FBN requires you to notify the bank, at least 3 three weeks (minimum) before maturity. This clause is always written (though in smaller fonts) on their T-bills application forms. So obviously, you did not meet with that condition; hence the automatic roll over of your investment at the current interest rates, favourable or not, with or without your knowledge.

Yeah but unofficially if you can reach the branch you initiated the transaction at least like 3days before maturity.. There can still handle it for you...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Goodevening, Guys

I would like to confirm the next auction date, 29th August? Is this correct, please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
my Ogas in the house pls i did a tb of 241days with ecobank and the maturity day is january 3, 2019. i want to terminate it by November ending pls how much will i be charged for not waiting till maturity Gurus pls help me out. the amount is 10m @11.5% for 241day. many thanks my ogas

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
aremso:
my Ogas in the house pls i did a tb of 241days with ecobank and the maturity day is january 3, 2019. i want to terminate it by November ending pls how much will i be charged for not waiting till maturity Gurus pls help me out. the amount is 10m @11.5% for 241day. many thanks my ogas
You don sight bonanza period grin grin
My Oga o
Oya check this out.
Oma255:

Oma255:

You’re welcome.
Yes the choice to wait till maturity is better.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
4601CE:

You don sight bonanza period grin grin
My Oga o
Oya check this out.

i no sight bonanza period o ooo i need the money sharpaly that is why ooo and none of my ogas don answer me ooo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by murphyrichy(m): 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Happy Sunday guys, its been long, please what's the current percentage of T-bills now. And the next auction day?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
murphyrichy:
Happy Sunday guys, its been long, please what's the current percentage of T-bills now. And the next auction day?

Bidding holds on 29th of this month...the rate is determined by CBN,no one is privileged to know the rate prior to bidding but one can forecast based on available indices.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gaeul(f): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2018
aviona:

Thanks a million...Truly appreciate. Can I notify them to terminate this one by maturity tomorrow or is it too early?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by murphyrichy(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
umulobi:

Bidding holds on 29th of this month...the rate is determined by CBN,no one is privileged to know the rate prior to bidding but one can forecast based on available indices.
Alryt thanks for replying me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Teedeechian(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Why is everybody into Tbills and not into fixed deposit?, which is better, and does anybody knows the monthly % of fixed deposit in nigerian bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:20am On Aug 27, 2018
Oga read the first and last few maybe 15 pages of this thread

Teedeechian:
Why is everybody into Tbills and not into fixed deposit?, which is better, and does anybody knows the monthly % of fixed deposit in nigerian bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:03am On Aug 27, 2018
aviona:

na wa for FBN o. Banks generally don't roll over. Why ask customers to return to a branch after many months just to get back their money? A simple box where customers can tick an option to rollover on the application form will resolve this issue.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2018
Hello guys, please help.

I have some cash lying idle in my gt bank account.

I want to use it to buy tbills until I decide what to do with it.

Which particular day within the week should I go to the bank and which unit of the bank should I directly to make enquiries.

(Make una forgive my ignorance o). Answer please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Trone and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.