Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439221 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 20, 2018
Horlartunes:
Hi guys I bank with GTB please how can I buy tBills with GTB cos I went there to write letters and nothing was done help
Mail them and ask why nothing was done

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
zamirikpo:

Chai....see plot, u are forgetting that the heated polity can actually bring about the disintegration of the entity called Nigeria.

Ur analysis would involve living on the edge, pls I no fit shout. All my life saving is in TB. No need for political brouhaha. Just pray for CRUDE oil price to fall to like $20/barely then TB rates would jump back to 18%.

Does anyone have info for the last primary market rates.

Boss, if the bold happened, then be ready to see another devaluation which might halved ur naira assets worth. Your holdings that might be $100,000 now might turn to $50,000 worth since we do not have enough foreign reserve to withstand the impacts of crude oil at $20

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CanadianEnginee(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2018
hey guys, please whats the TB rate for 364 days? i bank with first bank.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
any update on secondary market rate for those that applied?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2018
bisiki2:

I don't think there was auction for 364 days.

How can we know if there will be auction for 364 days Pls help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2018
Guy between First Bank And Standbic IBTC which bank should I bank my treasure bills with GTB IS AN idiot I ask for 364 days last Wednesday my money wasn't deducted what can I do
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Johnadelaide00: 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
Please Gurus in the house.
In terms of value of money, which is best between maintaining funds in USD or Investing in TB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
Johnadelaide00:
In terms of value of money, which is best between maintaining funds in USD or Investing in TB

CC: AwesomeJ

Food has landed grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
I will give you some analysis to help you make a decision.

Economics applies to everyone whether you operate as a multinational or as an individual. There are business risks for companies operating in diverse economies such is fluctuations in exchange rates, how are these companies able to manage these risks at all times ?
This is due to something called "funds hedging".

As an individual you have risks to take as well.
1. The economic stability of the country where your funds is domiciled.
2. The SWOT analysis of the currency (S - Interest rate from TBills, W-devaluation of local currency, O-purchase of forex, T - unstable govt policies).

As an individual you could make a decision based on these two. If you still in doubt, it is safe to go dutch.

Johnadelaide00:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
Following
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Johnadelaide00: 12:37am On Aug 22, 2018
[Thank you for the analysis but what do you mean by "dutch" quote author=PresidentBuhari post=70489620]I will give you some analysis to help you make a decision.

Economics applies to everyone whether you operate as a multinational or as an individual. There are business risks for companies operating in diverse economies such is fluctuations in exchange rates, how are these companies able to manage these risks at all times ?
This is due to something called "funds hedging".

As an individual you have risks to take as well.
1. The economic stability of the country where your funds is domiciled.
2. The SWOT analysis of the currency (S - Interest rate from TBills, W-devaluation of local currency, O-purchase of forex, T - unstable govt policies).

As an individual you could make a decision based on these two. If you still in doubt, it is safe to go dutch.

[/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2018
Johnadelaide00:

I will go practical but leave theories for now.
I changed my 10,000pounds sterling towards end of January this year when exchange rate was N500 to a pound. That gave me N5,000,000.00.I invested same @Tb @ 13.3% then for 182days giving me an interest of N331,200 approximately after deductions. I have reinvested same principal after maturity for another 182days @10.2% giving my another upfront interest of N254,000 approximately after deductions. Instead of keeping my 10,000pounds idle in my room(bearing in mind risk of theft and arson) I have made an interest of N331,200+N254,000=N585,200 which I invested in my MMF.
Now,the true value of my 10,000pounds is N5,585,200.Converting it back to pounds at the current exchange rate of N460 is 12,142pounds
Therefore, I have made additional 2,142pounds on my initial 10,000pounds plus the little change running on MMF. cool
If I had kept the 10,000pounds in my room,the true value of the money would have been N4,600,000 now. embarassed
Summary, be wise in investment, don't always follow theoretical bases;watch the economy and forecast well bf investing.In my case,I do monitor exchange rate daily, I knew rate will be highest towards January ending n beginning of February BC of rush for forex as a result of payment of school fees abroad. I watch exchange rate hit N510-N515 then started declining and I forecasted it would not rise beyond those figures.I settled for N500 the day I went for transaction and behold after that week rate started declining.I am aware there may be other risk of devaluation of our Naira,but prior to any devaluation there is always news n noise including debates about that.Another strong indicator for devaluation is falling oil prices and whenever I notice that I would terminate my investment at maturity and convert my Naira to foreign currency. shocked

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2018
umulobi:

I changed my 10,000pounds sterling towards end of January this year when exchange rate was N500 to a pound. That gave me N5,000,000.00.I invested same @Tb @ 13.3% then for 182days giving me an interest of N331,200 approximately after deductions. I have reinvested same principal after maturity for another 182days @10.2% giving my another upfront interest of N254,000 approximately after deductions. Instead of keeping my 10,000pounds idle in my room(bearing in mind risk of theft and arson) I have made an interest of N331,200+N254,000=N585,200 which I invested in my MMF.
Now,the true value of my 10,000pounds is N5,585,200.Converting it back to pounds at the current exchange rate of N460 is 12,142pounds
Therefore, I have made additional 2,142pounds on my initial 10,000pounds plus the little change running on MMF. cool
If I had kept the 10,000pounds in my room,the true value of the money would have been N4,600,000 now. embarassed
Summary, be wise in investment, don't always follow theoretical bases;watch the economy and forecast well bf investing.In my case,I do monitor exchange rate daily, I knew rate will be highest towards January ending n beginning of February BC of rush for forex as a result of payment of school fees abroad. I watch exchange rate hit N510-N515 then started declining and I forecasted it would not rise beyond those figures.I settled for N500 the day I went for transaction and behold after that week rate started declining.I am aware there may be other risk of devaluation of our Naira,but prior to any devaluation there is always news n noise including debates about that.Another strong indicator for devaluation is falling oil prices and whenever I notice that I would terminate my investment at maturity and convert my Naira to foreign currency. shocked

oga, i double tuaile for you, u sabi the game wella and with this, you can never be poor neither will your posterity be. my focus is to make more money whether economy is rising or falling strategy is to make more money

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2018
umulobi:

oga, i double tuaile for you, u sabi the game wella and with this, you can never be poor neither will your posterity be. my focus is to make more money whether economy is rising or falling strategy is to make more money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2018
aremso:

Amen to your prayers bros.All glory to God! Whether people complain about the economy or not I still make my profits. I know when to invest or to pull out having been in the Tb game for close to a decade.Na God win...

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meetchandus(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2018
umulobi:

Amen to your prayers bros.All glory to God! Whether people complain about the economy or not I still make my profits. I know when to invest or to pull out having been in the Tb game for close to a decade.Na God win...

I think you need to start a thread for forex forecast and analysis. I will gladly follow you..

But to be serious, how can I be in touch when I have doubts and few questions for you?

I tapped a lot of knowledge from your comment and was very impressed...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
umulobi:

Some other people like this man will pay five hundred thousand naira tithe from their five million naira and wait for strange money to appear in their bank accounts in multiples grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crownson(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2018

$15 Changed My Life! It Can Change Yours Too !!!

Are You Still Struggling To Make Money Online?

Discover how you can turn a one-time $15 into $4,127.95+ monthly,

deposited instantly into your paypal account or bitcoin wallet.

Start receiving unlimited instant $15 payment over and over again,

into your account, starting from now. Making money with this system

is as simple as learning A, B, C

Click the link in my signature to find out how.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
meetchandus:

I think you need to start a thread for forex forecast and analysis. I will gladly follow you..

But to be serious, how can I be in touch when I have doubts and few questions for you?

I tapped a lot of knowledge from your comment and was very impressed...

Tnx bro...for your questions catch me on WhatsApp : +four four seven four five nine one three five one four six .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammybabelious: 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good morning my sabi people,AKA gurus....
I invested on Tbills Feb 2018,for 91 days tenure.(primary market) it ended around may,den it was rolled over to this August.I sent a mail to first bank DAT I don't want it to be rolled over again,(am not in d state I did d tbills) dey replied I should go to any first bank branch n put in application to terminate it. Meanwhile it was on d eve evening of d tenure .(15/8/2018)so I went to d nearest branch d next day,unfortunately it has already been rolled over.16/8/2018
When I applied for it to be terminated, d in charge advice me to leave it ,because I will be charged high .so he collected my number DAT after scanning n is sending it to the branch and it been approve,he will tell me d amount I will be credited.
N.B.... I the money invested is 1.59M,so when he called d next day he said I will be credited with 1.48M.DAT 11k will be deducted ,just after 1 day,not even d interest, it from my main capital. I was shocked I ask him to hold on.
He said it was rolled over at 9.85%
Pls my question is ,is it for real,or he just said DAT to scared me.11k is too much na,I tot it will be around 2_5k.
Pls advice me on what to do. Am confused.
Am sorry for the long post
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
4601CE:
Some other people like this man will pay five hundred thousand naira tithe from their five million naira and wait for strange money to appear in their bank accounts in multiples grin grin

That is useless mentality of an average African man, they like free money without investment, without tasking their brain, without Reading and that is why corruption is everywhere. An average African likes free money, preferred to go and sleep expecting miracle to happen and when their other fellow engaged brain, read, take risk and invest. When the returns is in multiple fold then they begins to envy, jealous then plans on how to runs down such fellow. Some people have said that, it it Dangote alone in the country? But wen dangote was awake in the night strategising, they were snoring they have forgotten that losers of the nights are winners of the day.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2018
hi bosses in d haus, jus read a news abt increase in a barrel of Crude oil to $74 .. Aw does this affect t-bills rate ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2018
hi bosses in d haus, jus read a news abt increase in a barrel of Crude oil to $74 .. Aw does this affect t-bills rate ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2018
I have #10k and I want to invest in Treasury bills, how do I go about it? embarassed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Rilwayne001:
I have #10k and I want to invest in Treasury bills, how do I go about it? embarassed
Minimum with most banks is 100K naira.
Go buy FG Savings Bond or
MMF

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 10:17am On Aug 23, 2018
4601CE:
Minimum with most banks is 100K naira.
Go buy FG Savings Bond or
MMF

Ok, thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ikmontana1:
hi bosses in d haus,
jus read a news abt increase in a barrel of Crude oil to $74 ..
Aw does this affect t-bills rate ??

Increase in price of crude means more money to FG because $74 is above the budgeted bench mark.Therefore, there will be more money in excess crude account. As a result of the more money available to government for spending, they may not go into borrowing more money which implies that interest rate will remain the same or even reduce.
In practical terms TB rate will remain the same or reduce as a result of spike in crude price to $74.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
umulobi:

Increase in price of crude means more money to FG because $74 is above the budgeted bench mark.Therefore, there will be more money in excess crude account. As a result of the more money available to government for spending, they may not go into borrowing more money which implies that interest rate will remain the same or even reduce.
In practical terms TB rate will remain the same or reduce as a result of spike in crude price to $74.
tanx boss

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lexit: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
Just2endowed2:
any update on secondary market rate for those that applied?

I got these secondary rates from Stanbic IBTC on Monday: 115 days = 11.6%; 87 days = 10.6% and 185 days = 11.65%. I went for 185 days and it was successful.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ennamdee(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
umulobi:

Tnx bro...for your questions catch me on WhatsApp : +four four seven four five nine one three five one four six .

Been following you bro, great insights ��.
I’ve tried reaching you via WhatsApp but no response.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.