Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434074 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
GTB could be anoying atimes...I bid for yestersday CBN aution for 365days.CBN rate for 365 is 15.0% but when I spoke with my account officer earlier on he said their bid is 14.5% and that's what I was going to be offered.Whereas Stanbic promises to offer me 15.0%. I am yet to be debited by GTB,please house should I transfer the cash and use it for Stanbic secondary offer of 365days at 15.0%...please I need your advice,GTB may debit me anything time from now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
Plus10:
GTB could be anoying atimes...I bid for yestersday CBN aution for 365days.CBN rate for 365 is 15.0% but when I spoke with my account officer earlier on he said their bid is 14.5% and that's what I was going to be offered.Whereas Stanbic promises to offer me 15.0%. I am yet to be debited by GTB,please house should I transfer the cash and use it for Stanbic secondary offer of 365days at 15.0%...please I need your advice,GTB may debit me anything time from now.

There is no 365 day Tenor for Treasury bills anywhere be it secondary or primary.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=dejiotus post=74840407][/quote] Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
Plus10:
I am 100% sure that Zenith Bank won't even give us 14.5% for 364 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xtosync: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Please an experienced person should help me on this o. I applied for Tbill at bank rate for 182 day at Zenith on 14th and my money was debited on 15th which is two days ago, but up till now no upfront interest have been credited in my account. How much more time will it take before I get it. Beside no notification on the debit of my investment. I only saw that the cash have been taken when I checked my balance on 15th. This is my first time. Should I be alarmed?

Update: Received the upfront interest on today morning 18th.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2019
Plus10:

That is why it is called a bid. You do not have 50m to specify your own rate. So you have to take whatever rate GTB bidded. What do you think would have happened if GTB had bidded 16% and it failed?. Na you go come shout say GTB no succeed with your bid. Even the 14.5% could have failed if CBN stop rate was 14.49%.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2019
xtosync:
Please an experienced person should help me on this o. I applied for Tbill at bank rate for 182 day at Zenith on 14th and my money was debited on 15th which is two days ago, but up till now no upfront interest have been credited in my account. How much more time will it take before I get it. Beside no notification on the debit of my investment. I only saw that the cash have been taken when I checked my balance on 15th. This is my first time. Should I be alarmed?

No. Wait till tomorrow. The bid was yesterday. It is today that the banks that were successful will be advised by CBN after which the bank will now advise you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
unite4real:

There is no 365 day Tenor for Treasury bills anywhere be it secondary or primary.
Yea,I meant 364days,Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
NL1960:

That is why it is called a bid. You do not have 50m to specify your own rate. So you have to take whatever rate GTB bidded. What do you think would have happened if GTB had bidded 16% and it failed?. Na you go come shout say GTB no succeed with your bid. Even the 14.5% could have failed if CBN stop rate was 14.49%.
Alright,thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xtosync: 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
NL1960:

No. Wait till tomorrow. The bid was yesterday. It is today that the banks that were successful will be advised by CBN after which the bank will now advise you.

Thank you very much.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
Please house, the auction is over but I don't know if stanbic biddings was or not successful.

My account debited, interest not paid.

Successful or not, shouldn't I have gotten my total investment or interest already?

Do I write to stanbic?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cmagnum(m): 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Actually what zenith bank does is withhold the money. If the bid is successful from their end, then they credit interest, but if otherwise, the amount is left in the account. I will advice you wait till the end of business today, one of the earlier stated will be the case. Regards

xtosync:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by proflomo(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
NL1960:

I'm a newbie. Please sir, how do I go about buying the treasury bill? And how much is the minimum amount to invest in it?
Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
kemshade:
GM, am still confuse about treasury bill, I went to stanbic bank last week to know about treasury bill, the lady told me to come back on the 15th, I went in the afternoon she said it has close that I should come on the 28th. my question is can't I invest in tb apart from the date cbn brings out the rate, someone pls explain to me in a simple form, thanks. am planning to invest 100k or 200k.

Unfortunately 200K is below the minimum amount allowed for secondary Treasury bills purchase.with Stanbic 200K should be okay for the primary market if I am not mistaken, but you need to drop your application latest by 1 pm on Tuesday preceding the auction date. If I were you, I will submit the application now towards the next Primary market date, to avoid story that application has closed again
Yes you can submit your application anytime.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by proflomo(m): 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
Please house, what does it mean to but treasury bill from the primary market? And what is the minimum amount to invest in TB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
Zenith Bank gave 14.25% for 364 days.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
proflomo:

I'm a newbie. Please sir, how do I go about buying the treasury bill? And how much is the minimum amount to invest in it?
Thank you.

The amount varies from bank to bank. You need to contact your bank to find out the minimum amount for TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kennybelle: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
This thread has really been helpful. I did not really understand the whole stuff when i invested, but following the comments on this thread has made me understand the tidbits of the FG TBills.

Thanks to the financial advisers here, you guys have really been helpful

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Agbaletu:
Zenith Bank gave 14.25% for 364 days.
Hmm and I was even complaining of GTBank's 14.5%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Good forum to be. But, pls why is there nobody talking about theis Tbills applications on google play by sterling bank. I stumbled on this thread in December and happen to found out about the application (I-invest) almost at the same time. It seems very reliable as I moved my money from Diamond bank HIDA account in December to tbills using this app, but the only issue is with the fact that they don't pay upfront interest. One has to wait till maturity. They seem to always provide reasobale discounts rates too compared to most of what av seen on this thread.
So far I love this group. I refresh my page like every our to see updates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
Today's rates on the I invest application

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
eddyakinrinde:
Good forum to be. But, pls why is there nobody talking about theis Tbills applications on google play by sterling bank. I stumbled on this thread in December and happen to found out about the application (I-invest) almost at the same time. It seems very reliable as I moved my money from Diamond bank HIDA account in December to tbills using this app, but the only issue is with the fact that they don't pay upfront interest. One has to wait till maturity. They seem to always provide reasobale discounts rates too compared to most of what av seen on this thread.
So far I love this group. I refresh my page like every our to see updates.

It's not TBills as long as they don't pay upfront interest. The sweetness of TBills is that while saving, you can use the upfront to manage your life. Honestly, that's how I roll. Also, you can't compound your interest since they are not paying upfront. I left them long ago especially when simple complains took weeks to resolve and they promised to pay for those weeks and failed to do so at the end. I just waited for maturity and returned all my funds back to base. In some cases the money you transfer gets missing and like in my case it took them close to 3 weeks to sort out after I have gone to my bank and threatened my bank. The bank had to bring in cbn complain desk before they accepted seeing the money but I didn't attach my number.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Barrytone:

It's not TBills as long as they don't pay upfront interest. The sweetness of TBills is that while saving, you can use the upfront to manage your life. Honestly, that's how I roll. Also, you can't compound your interest since they are not paying upfront. I left them long ago especially when simple complains took weeks to resolve and they promised to pay for those weeks and failed to do so at the end. I just waited for maturity and returned all my funds back to base. In some cases the money you transfer gets missing and like in my case it took them close to 3 weeks to sort out after I have gone to my bank and threatened my bank. The bank had to bring in cbn complain desk before they accepted seeing the money but I didn't attach my number.

That's serious o. I hope I won't av such experience sha. Am just trying them for the first time anyway. I only subscribed to a 37day investment in Dec. It going to mature by 24th of this month. Till then I will know my next move.
It is also a sort of cheating since they are not paying the rate upfront. Except one has another means of livelihood and don't really depend on the interest before it matures.
Thanks @ barrytone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damitimo: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hi guys,

Is the 15% rate for 364 days secured by GTB replicable for the next primary market bid on the 28th?

I'm asking so I can move my just matured funds from first bank to GT?

Please advice.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shulamitewoman(f): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
someone shld help me out pls. how much am I supposed to get if I invest #580k for 364days tenor with the current interest rate..this Gtb am not understanding dem againoo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IAMTHEHERO: 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
Good afternoon, my good people. I have an issue with GTB at hand. They bought TB for me at the rate of 14.5% today. They deducted from my account at the rate of 9.5%. A treasury bill of N500,000 for 364 days supposed yield 72,500 as interest. But they dropped 48,507 as interest. I just called my account officer now, he said l should give him till tomorrow to resolve the issue.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IAMTHEHERO: 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2019
shulamitewoman:
someone shld help me out pls. how much am I supposed to get if I invest #580k for 364days tenor with the current interest rate..this Gtb am not understanding dem againoo

Yours supposed be NGN 84,100 as interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
IAMTHEHERO:
Good afternoon, my good people. I have an issue with GTB at hand. They bought TB for me at the rate of 14.5% today. They deducted from my account at the rate of 9.5%. A treasury bill of N500,000 for 364 days supposed yield 72,500 as interest. But they dropped 48,507 as interest. I just called my account officer now, he said l should give him till tomorrow to resolve the issue.
untill 364 days bfr u can mk use of this cash right?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teeielts360: 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sup Guys,

I just Got the Credit Alert for STANBIC IBTC T BILLS Primary auction that took place this week.
I tendered for the 182days tenors bill using bank rates, and it seems STANBIC'S rate(based on calculation of the interest paid) is 13.1% on the dot.
These guys know exactly what to bid.
Amazing.

I'm yet to get the Notification of Advice though. Hopefully before the end of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hallenjay: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Barrytone:

pls who knows minimum amount for tbills for gtb.i wish to buy 187days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IAMTHEHERO: 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
IAMTHEHERO:

They just reversed the money(500,000) back to my account. I called my account officer to inform him the development. He said maybe they want to redo it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
IAMTHEHERO:

They just reversed the money(500,000) back to my account. I called my account officer to inform him the development. He said maybe they want to redo it.
Same isssue with me,but they are yet to revert my money back to my account,though my account officer said they would rectifier it between now and tomorrow .

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: chimex38 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.