Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,400 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437404 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2019
feelamong:

Nice!!

My mentor. Na your foothsteps we dey follow oo

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:52am On Feb 07, 2019
drotba:

My mentor. Na your foothsteps we dey follow oo
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2019
unite4real:

can you update us on this?

Sorry, I was unable to make it to the bank yesterday. But I think I made a mistake with the expiry date. But I will still go the bank to confirm though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
dyonpoint:

Sorry, I was unable to make it to the bank yesterday. But I think I made a mistake with the expiry date. But I will still go the bank to confirm though.

Aha......i thought as much......

So when is the real maturity, we must share from that money.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:23am On Feb 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 11:38am On Feb 08, 2019
Flour mills Commercial paper is on sale

Tenor 180 days

Maturity date is 6 Aug 2019

minimum sub is 5M

Discounted rate is 13.7498%

Implied yield is 14.75%

offer closes 13 Feb 2019

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
aremso:

Hmm BOSS, you can balance your life! i came from a very poverty stricken home and i lost my dad when i was small so all i told myself is, guy you must fight poverty will all your blood and God of heaven answered my prayer and gave me investment ideas. The point am making is, there should be moderation in everything we do in life, anything we do in excess will not make our life be comfortable, i eat whatever i desired to eat and my young family are comfortable reasonably, also have a car which am using. One must invest smartly and not just bad wagon investment, you do not need to go hunger for you to achieve your investment plan. the bible says it is good for parents to leave inheritance for their children, all we need to do is to let the know how money works right from their cradle, we should teach them how to grow money and invest same. If we do that, they will be able to manage whatever is left behind. You can enjoy your life without necessarily kill the chicken laying the egg. Eg. if i plan to buy jeep this year very possible without touching my investment capital How? ok i pulled out about 14m from both my tb and savings to invest in capital market and am buying just GTB, ZENIT and UBA. with my calculation, i will get 1.2m in dividend and about 5m in capital appreciation. Mind you, i positioned at the right time and all those stock mentioned are all looking up and i believe they would after the election so 14+5+1.2=20m if i take 20m to tb at 14.25% for 364 i will have 2.8m and buy whatever jeep i want to buy without touching the capital. So one can have a balanced life while investing.
The bolded, how do one invest in capital market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sempe123: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
pls i have been doing treasury bills for about a year now albeit secondary.I wanted to apply for primary to hold on 13th feb but was just told by an FBN Staff that the minimum for primary is 20million naira,that Im is below the minimum.pls what do i do?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
sempe123:
pls i have been doing treasury bills for about a year now albeit secondary.I wanted to apply for primary to hold on 13th feb but was just told by an FBN Staff that the minimum for primary is 20million naira,that Im is below the minimum.pls what do i do?

Except new rule, I started with 2m. Make sure you spoke to the right person-tbills officer

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
sempe123:

That one nah BIG LIE...... go to another branch or tell him uu called HQ and they said otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2019
zamirikpo:

Aha......i thought as much......

So when is the real maturity, we must share from that money.

Hahaha.... Okay, I went to the bank today to confirm. I was wrong on the maturity date. The maturity is till April.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sempe123: 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
zamirikpo:

That one nah BIG LIE...... go to another branch or tell him uu called HQ and they said otherwise.
i just left another branch of FBN,the same thing was also said by the TBills officer
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2019
sempe123:

i just left another branch of FBN,the same thing was also said by the TBills officer

Imagine firstbank with poor rates, OK.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Finfree18: 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2019
How can one buy the Flour Mills commercial paper? If I invest 1M, what will be my return on investment at maturity?
[quote author=ernie4life post=75530146]

Flour mills Commercial paper is on sale

Tenor 180 days

Maturity date is 6 Aug 2019

minimum sub is 5M

Discounted rate is 13.7498%

Implied yield is 14.75%

offer closes 13 Feb 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Paulfroshman: 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2019
Finfree18:
How can one buy the Flour Mills commercial paper? If I invest 1M, what will be my return on investment at maturity?

Please, how can one go about buying flour Mills commercial paper?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
sempe123:

you can't actually bid in the primary market in FBN except you have 50million, although some banks pool funds from individuals that's why some are allowed to bid with less than 50m at some banks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 12:29am On Feb 09, 2019
pls can someone give me a contact to open account in stanbic ibtc bank. very urgent pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 1:14am On Feb 09, 2019
needful:
pls can someone give me a contact to open account in stanbic ibtc bank. very urgent pls

You don't need a contact. Just get their email online and email them, and someone would respond your email with the appropriate forms. At least that was how I opened my stanbic account, as well as my GTB and first bank account. I used my father's contact in Zenith to open a Zenith account, but since you don't have a contact, just do as I stated above. Good luck and happy investing!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:45am On Feb 09, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 4:28am On Feb 09, 2019
Pascopele:
The bolded, how do one invest in capital market

Sir, there is a thread on nairaland where your question can be dealt with extensively. My advice for u is to read about stocks investment, the risks involved, the gain, the time to buy and time to exit so that u don't buy when the party is over or u don't sell when the party is yet to start and you must invest in good sound companies and recession proof stocks. Don't forget stocks investment risk is higher than that of tb but the returns can be superb. Eg just a day bull run I gained over 1m in gtb, zenith and uba just this Thursday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 9:16am On Feb 09, 2019
dyonpoint:

Hahaha.... Okay, I went to the bank today to confirm. I was wrong on the maturity date. The maturity is till April.

Jan and April are far apart, you guys are damn funny, you will come here to raise false alarm without verification ,forgetting some newbies are here to learn b4 making investment.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
Nnamz:

You don't need a contact. Just get their email online and email them, and someone would respond your email with the appropriate forms. At least that was how I opened my stanbic account, as well as my GTB and first bank account. I used my father's contact in Zenith to open a Zenith account, but since you don't have a contact, just do as I stated above. Good luck and happy investing!
There are alot of clone sites out there. If you have there email, pls give me. I got the contact I used to open account in first bank from here, that is why I need this one.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2019
needful:

There are alot of clone sites out there. If you have there email, pls give me..
https://www.stanbicibtcbank.com/Nigeria/AboutUs/contact-us
CustomerCareNigeria@stanbicibtc.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
CompareDBest:
https://www.stanbicibtcbank.com/Nigeria/AboutUs/contact-us
CustomerCareNigeria@stanbicibtc.com

Thank u bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by diamondextra: 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2019
Anyone here heard of i-invest app for purchasing tbills and how it works?..is it safe?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MCeemajesty(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2019
The app was well analyzed in previous pages of this thread. Do well to search for the detailed responses
diamondextra:
Anyone here heard of i-invest app for purchasing tbills and how it works?..is it safe?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
Good day people, this thread has been so helpful to me since about 5 months ago that I began TB investment. I bought 3 months Treasury bills from first bank in January, but something came up and I'd like to discount the investment by March. Ninety days will elapse in April. 1. How do one go about discounting TBills and 2. what is the rate at which means discount. 3. What are the pitfalls to watch out for?
Thanks for patience.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iyke3g(m): 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2019
aremso:

Sir, there is a thread on nairaland where your question can be dealt with extensively. My advice for u is to read about stocks investment, the risks involved, the gain, the time to buy and time to exit so that u don't buy when the party is over or u don't sell when the party is yet to start and you must invest in good sound companies and recession proof stocks. Don't forget stocks investment risk is higher than that of tb but the returns can be superb. Eg just a day bull run I gained over 1m in gtb, zenith and uba just this Thursday.
Please show me the way.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MummyIMadeIt: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
aremso:

Sir won't mind u tutoring me right through this with the necessary guidelines.. still searching for the thread that deals with capita market here on NL though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
Akin3891:

Jan and April are far apart, you guys are damn funny, you will come here to raise false alarm without verification ,forgetting some newbies are here to learn b4 making investment.

Must you talk?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwadamilolah(f): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2019
diamondextra:
No
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2019
MummyIMadeIt:

Sir won't mind u tutoring me right through this with the necessary guidelines.. still searching for the thread that deals with capita market here on NL though.

Pls ma you can mail me on arem.sam@gmail.com so I can send some materials to you for you to study as guide. I don't tell people stocks to buy except my households so I want u to do it yourself. Since my experience of 2008 market crashed, I have told myself that I can't make loss again in capital market and as such, I went extra mile to read about stock investment. Even my broker can't tell me stocks to buy and time to buy it. I only discuss with him occasionally to sample his mind on a stock after I have done my due diligence. Before I could buy diff stocks like 10 companies but now just max of 4 and am OK for my yr target and am thinking of reducing it to just 2. These are the result of self research and due diligence. Get prepared and become great like my mentor Warren buffet, many will keep complaining about APC PDP while guys are making millions legitimately. See you in the board room!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.