Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work (30280 Views)

'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court / "My Husband Does Not Last Long In Bed And Now I'm Sleeping With My Ex" / My Husband Does Not Like Sleeping In The Bedroom But Living Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by Nikkygold4life(f): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
You can work from home doing mobile business like selling kids wears, clothing buz in general. Put it behind ur boot, and inform friends, neighbours and family, they con even come home and buy, by that, u have much time to care for ur family and still wrking.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by Caveatemptor(m): 9:33am On Nov 19, 2014
Digging in the crates.
Interesting thread.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by Xkhalibur(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
XX01:
Can't believe I was so distraught when I started this thread. A year down the line and things are so different now. Thank God I did not accept that Accenture job. I doubt I will be where I am now.

For those that are interested, I have started a sort of mini-consultancy. While at home, I started doing online Finance deals, advising people on how to improve their businesses, writing a book, helping with tax filing, etc. Now, I am so busy that I had to employ a part time assistant. I cannot believe that I am now an employer of organised labour. My husband doesn't mind at all as long as I still have time for my kid (he has just started school so that is a big relief).

Still waiting on God for baby number 2.

Well alls well that ends well.
Miss the old Nairsland family section scraps. All blood and thunder to defend your point/colours.
Nothing as entertaining and as refreshing as a good old internet no holds barred slugfest.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by bukatyne(f): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
What a thread grin

Glad it all worked out cheesy
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by XX01(f): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Who dug up this my old thread and brought me out of hibernation? Lol.

I am doing great. I have even started doing some trading by the side. I have employed some young analysts to do the main brain work. All I do is train them and supervise their work and the returns are fantastic. Way more than my job would have paid me and I have flexible work hours. Honestly, a lot of my clients have been via my husband's contacts but I am not complaining.

Just remember me in your prayers so that I can get my twin kids and I hang up my boots.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by Daresh(f): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
XX01:
Who dug up this my old thread and brought me out of hibernation? Lol.

I am doing great. I have even started doing some trading by the side. I have employed some young analysts to do the main brain work. All I do is train them and supervise their work and the returns are fantastic. Way more than my job would have paid me and I have flexible work hours. Honestly, a lot of my clients have been via my husband's contacts but I am not complaining.

Just remember me in your prayers so that I can get my twin kids and I hang up my boots.

I am very happy for you my dear! At the end, the most important thing is family especially our children.

Two years ago I was in the same position as you. I didn't believe my calling was to be a stay at home mom, but I certainly didn't want to leave my kids for any maid. But thank God , I started my travel consulting business and it has been such a blessing. My time is mine. I'm opening an office soon and I'm hiring staff. Thank God o!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by KingTrier: 3:48am On Aug 02, 2017
Good Morning.

I am an Uber Driver. 08037863580

Thank you.

XX01:
I am back again after a long silence. I need mature advice please not abuse.

I resigned my bank job when i was pregnant because it was really stressing me and it landed me in the hospital with a threatened miscarriage. My husband really encouraged me and all. Now, my baby is over a year and i want to resume but my husband will not let me. Anytime, i bring up the issue, he tells me to relax and wait for the baby to grow up. I was getting a little anxious so i sent out my cv and went for some tests and all. I told my husband but he never made it seem like he was not in support. I just got a job offer with a big consulting firm and i was over the moon. I told him and that was were the katakata take happen.

He was so angry at my contemplating leaving my baby to work. I had never seen him so angry. He kept asking who i wanted to train my child, whether an illiterate nanny or half baked creche was going to do it for me. I had not realised the extent because he was still speaking gently and i kinda jokingly asked him to resign his job and take care of the baby.

After a really long and emotional argument, he promised to look after everything i want and be there for me and the kids promising me heaven and earth. I am so sad. Never in a million years did i think i will be one of them housewives that i always made fun of. Truly, this period i have been without work, he has given me and the baby more than i ask for. Even paid for us to go to US, etc. He just got a very good paying job 6 months ago and maybe it is fueling this his desire. His mum retired to look after the kids when they were young so he wants me to do the same.

Any advice? JennyK, please be nice to me. Thanks.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work by XX01(f): 9:31am On Aug 02, 2017
KingTrier:
Good Morning.

I am an Uber Driver. 08037863580

Thank you.

Thanks for the mention. I am no longer in the Uber business. It wasn't profitable for me and my last driver wrecked my car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV / Carpenter Killed By Live High Tension Wire, Wife Dies Hours After (PIC) / Please Advice! I’m Having Multiple Issues With My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.