Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Breakup of your Last Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breakup of your Last Relationship (6942 Views)

My Last Relationship, My Story - Please Read! / Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by prinsuvz(m): 3:05am On Jun 19, 2006
She wouldn't give me a dollar.

Joking!
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by lauryn(f): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2006
i got tired of the guy, so i just walked out.
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Nia: 9:31am On Jul 17, 2006
Well, my break up probably isn't as emotional as some here, but I'll share anyways.
I had met my ex at a party that was been hosted by a friend of my sister's. I love dancing, so I was on the dance floor shaking my money-maker when he approached me and started dancing with me like he had know me all his life. The guy was a really good dancer, so I didn't object. I was actually impressed and when we later walked off the dance floor we started talking. To be honest, I wasn't looking for a relationship at the time. And I tried as much as I could not to give out any wrong signal. The more we talked the more I realized that I wasn't really feeling this guy. He was nice, but I just didn't find him interesting. And I felt like he talked too much (and revealed too much about himself) for someone I just met. 
But I still remembered that he was a very good dancer, so I forgave him, but still maintained that I would not start anything with him.  When my friends and I were about to leave, I told him so and tried to leave before he could get the chance to ask for my number. He then asked me for one more dance before I left. I said "sure" and this guy blew my mind again with his moves on the dance floor. So much so that afterwards when he asked for my number, I decided to give it to him.
Anyways, we dated for months and during the whole time, I tried as hard as I could to develop some emotional attachment or just something concrete for this bobo, but it just wasn't happening. I even french-kissed a random guy I met at the club thinking I will feel guilty about it and maybe from there I can conclude that I have something for this guy, but no, it didn't work. The relationship started getting one-sided too quickly and I knew I had to end it. I knew he was feeling me, cause he'd call every night and tell me about it, but it just wasn't fair to continue pretending and leading him on, so I broke things off. We still talk every now and then.
I definitely don't wish that I could go back. I don't like having to pretend, lie or lead him on. It was a waste of time and energy.
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by jaybaby(f): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2006
He wasnt paying my BILLS so i had 2 go grin grin grin grin ****KIDDING BUT TRUE****

We were 2 different people!!!!! 2 bad
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by eslynera(f): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2006
last relationship was ma furst n last. tongue
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Dvampire(m): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2006
she was more of a disappearing act kind of lady. one moment she's with me, the next, she's disappeared for like 3 months with no calls from her and she not picking mine. it was all to frustrating.
there were nights, long lonely and wet nights when i was dying to share the pains in my heart with her, she was not there. i bore my problems and travails alone.
words started going round that she was dating the manager of her outfit. later, i found out it was true. i bore the pains alone.
one morning after months of her disappearing antics, she called at my office. she wanted us to start all over again. i suudenly realized that i no longer loved her. we had drifted apart. i had moved into my protective shell and my heart did not stir inspite of her tears. there was no trust - nothing but an empty space where her thoughts once occupied.
i made her realize that she left me when i needed her the most. only God knows what must have happened between her and her manager that made her come running back to me.
i told her that her moves had extinguished a once roaring flame. there was noting left but cold ash in the chimney of my heart. i told her to move on with her life that as for establishing a relationship again, that i dont see it happening. it was over between us. she had killed what mattered the most and there was nothing she could do to win that love back.
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2006
I was a sit-on-the-fence, carefree fellow, and she was a 'kasko', old-school pile of emotions. She had real issues and i first heard her saying stuff like she would never get married because of what she saw her parents going through (fights, infidelity etc). I knew it was just being childish (she was 19 then, i was 18) and decided to hang around her - for like 3 years. In that period she grew and matured, and when i finally asked her out she said YES. Man this girl had a body to die for, and looks that would make you turn again. I later heard that thousands (just kidding) of boys had tried to get in her mix and got nailed in the head. Guys said, 'Man you must have some magic for you to have gotten her, o'.

We exchanged lists of courtship rules:

My rules:
Dont get FAT. (see the definition of FAT here)
No matter what happens and how bad you feel about yourself, don't run away from me

Her rules:

No cuddling
No kissing
No touching
No hugging
No overt sexually suggestive behaviour
No visits beyond 7 pm
No late night calls
She wouldnt visit me in my place, i wd be the one to visit
No romantic behaviour (like looking in the eyes, kneeling 4 her etc)

For my kind of person, that was prison! I was a fireball of testosterone, a romantic softie (yeah, kill me) and a student of women's behaviour. Here was my chance to find stuff out, and i am being put in a straight-jacket.

I was patient, i told myself she would change, meanwhile i was caring and supportive, constantly reassuring her (she had a low self esteem and cried constantly because her mom didnt think much of her). Then she finished schl before me and stayed at home a while, and one day she called to tell me her mom said they had a vision of who her husband was, they even knew his name - and it wasnt me. i asked her what she was going to do, she said her mum had no mouth in her relationship. I was happy.

Then she went to NYSC camp (in Yobe, Northern Nigeria), and cut off all communication. When she came back for convocation/graduation she told me that she couldn't deal with the fact that she was (six months) older than myself, and so she had to call it quits. Such bullshit! She said she had had issues with it since the relationship started. Damn It, for 1 year and 3 months and she never even brought up the topic. I still don't believe that lie till today.

When she went back, i was soppy for a while and even wanted to go and visit her so we could reason it out. My guys told me to dust my feet and 'enter the market' again, that she was 'feeling like say she fine, worth a million dollars'

Next thing i heard, she was engaged to one Hausa guy from the North. I just laughed. who did she think she was fooling with the 'age' lie? Some of my friends said she left because I did not attempt to sleep with her. I think i believe them.

95% of women think like insects, i'm sorry to say. They just don't know what they want.
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by sammyjl(f): 9:27am On Jan 11, 2007
angry He was the jealous type and it really pissed me off.
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2007
to all who have suffered from one heart-breaks or many.Just want to say the wound will surely healed if you only allow it and thats by only giving ourselves to love again, but we must surely learnt from the past to make the future brighter.
The best thing that can happened to a broken-hearted fellow is also to meet someone who's also passed through that same experience by then they will learn to appreciate eachother's value.Then the other person's well being will be one's major concern and not the other way round.
And thats what am presently experiencing in my present relationship, we've been there before and we've both learnt from it.
The last word i have for you is
"YOU DON'T APPRECIATE THE THING YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOSE IT, AND YOU NEVER APPRECIATE THE THING YOU DONT HAVE UNTIL YOU COME ACROSS IT"
Where the "HELL" do ya think you belong?
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Dayco(m): 3:08am On Jun 22, 2009
Life is'nt a bed of roses,there are hard times to bear too.Though inexperienced,i would'nt like to dig out pains.I quit my relationship with no reg8s,it was'nt easy just see it that way. But all these things are happening that God might be glorified.Gr8 Peter, I feel you thank God you're ok i believe that, [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Druss(m): 7:50am On Jun 22, 2009
Will I soon add my own to this list?
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
yaaaaaaaaaawns! undecided
Re: Breakup of your Last Relationship by 190: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2011
I broke up with her cos she wore pant to my house undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Women I Would Not Touch With A Barge Pole! / She regrets losing her Virginity ... / I'm 36years ,my Fiance Is 24years,please Is It Advisable For Us To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.