Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life (12310 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Six Common Words That Ruin Your Sentences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by muyoto: 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
so these things still happen?
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by charlsecy4(m): 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
I advised her thus:
You can try out some options like recording his call and presenting it as evidence to any relevant NGO. Or better still, you can organise some group of guys to help out. Tell the Lecturer you are now interested and say the hotel or wherever you two should meet for the "act". When you two are together in the room, those guys will storm the room with camera and video the man after man-handling him. The video must be made public, and police should be involved later, even the media.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by larimo(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
Very sorry about your situation. Its pathetic with some lecturers these days.
It was already a big mistake giving him some money 'cos that made him know you are desperate for the result. Of course, he would ask for more.

Now you really do need God's wisdom before you make another rash decision. You have prayed, which is good, but I personally think you need to ask for God's forgiveness first for paying the guy some money (this act of seeking forgiveness applies if you haven't asked for forgiveness yet). You need to first come clean with God and let Him do the rest afterwards. The initial prayers may be out of desperation of the failed attempts.

Its easy to think that you can set him up, beat him up etc, but you need the right wisdom from above. You will overcome wink wink. DON'T ACT DESPERATELY AND REGRET TOMORROW smiley smiley.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Harbb: 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
You have gotten enough pieces of advise here. Go work with them. Good luck.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by kaysy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
this is 1 of the simple things and opportunity girls needs to end a lecturer's career and u'r here asking for what to do. this is what to do

liaise with ur hubby and the police abt the issue, form an agreement btw u, ur hubby and the police, then when the lecturer calls, agree to his terms from there u both will have a date, [but u have to record most of his calls anytime he calls] make all descriptions to ur hubby and the police all necessary, then when u guys get into the room, in abt some minutes they should come knocking

please note that once the police is involved then u can tell the school mgt cos if u tell them before informing the police they will not allow u inform the police, from there u know what to do next.

THIS IS 1 BIG LESSON OTHER LECTURERS NEEDS TO LEARN FROM, PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by walex2(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
Am afraid u said u've given him some money, hope the man has not render u any help in the course of approving ur topic, corrections and others? We can't really get the truth here I would have advice u to take the matter to the appropriate authority.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by tee83: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
First and foremost,you have to record his conversation with you on your phone.after recording of his conversation reply him on sms by asking him of what he want from you and what do he want you to do for him that will serve as written one because he may denied of that conversation.After all these you and your husband  write the management of the school explain everything that has happen between you and him without any left out,do not lie against him but purely the truth.Inform the human right organization or best still legal practitioner of the matter. The reason for this is because if the school authorities fail to act the human right will not fail you.At time school authority may like to protect the image of their lecturer as they normally say that dog doesn't eat dog.Please you and your husband must apply wisdom because lecturers are very desperate.May God help you.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by muyoto: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
reminds me of the Ambrose Alli University fiasco where the randy lecturer was set up by the lady and some of her collegues. the whole thing was recorded and was uploaded on the internet. t
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by MrsChima1(f): 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
Married or not, RESIGN FROM THE UNIVERSITY.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Okontami: 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
@Poster, you are very stupid. Does it mean a lecturer can scare you at your status and age? You or your husband paid for that school right? Then you can f.uck him up straight. The only way he can have power over you is if you are very un serious and you are begging for marks. In fact during my masters lecturers are very afraid of me. I dont talk to them neither do i give them room to victimize any one in class. I will smoke my cigar just outside the class and they dare not talk. So u need not to be timid. Its your money you are paying for tuition, no one can bring you down. Give us his name, lets f.uck him up. I promise
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Okontami: 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Married or not, RESIGN FROM THE UNIVERSITY.
Mrs Chima, u really dissapoint me o. How will u say she should leave the university, i swear na that lecturer will leave LASU. How much does he have?, how much does he earn? What is his status in the society?. Girl abeg give me his name and evidence of his act and let me tell you he will be out of job in 2 weeks. I can come to Naija because of this. Exploitations gets me angry. Them him to go and f.uck ashawo
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by MrsChima1(f): 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
Okontami:

Mrs Chima, u really dissapoint me o. How will u say she should leave the university, i swear na that lecturer will leave LASU. How much does he have?, how much does he earn? What is his status in the society?. Girl abeg give me his name and evidence of his act and let me tell you he will be out of job in 2 weeks. I can come to Naija because of this. Exploitations gets me angry. Them him to go and f.uck ashawo

How the hell I disappointed you?

Why would any sane person continue at an university that doesn't give a Bleep about their pupil? I would resign and find another university.

If her husband can solve the issue without her having to resign then Praise God! But, we are dealing with holes in the story so I am only speaking as if it is true and what I WOULD DO.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Okontami: 3:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
Madam Chima, this is serious,  No lecturer is worth being afraid of ,if you know your book unless  the poster is saying she is begging for marks. I say it and stand by it that if i read it that this woman suffer from the hand of this lecturer, i promise real hell for the lecturer. I am taking this personal. I and swear i will
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by rabzy: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
For a lecturer to demand for sex to pass a student is one of the worst lows a man can get to in life, to blackmail a married woman to have sex with you means you are no man, you are just slime. And slimes are meant to be washed away.

You need to be ready to fight and expose the man. There was a case of a friend in OAU some few years back who refused to give in, she was threatened in so many ways by the lecturer up to the dean. The man (Dr. Akindele of Political Science) was even said to be well jazzed and feared by fellow lecturers.

She went to NGOs, to the school senate and to the press, her papers were remarked even though the man had torn some pages off, the inconsistency between the pages was noticed. After a long drawn case in which other victims also came forward, the associate professor started begging the girl to withdraw the case, sending different high profile lecturers, he was eventually dismissed.

If you want to, i can get her contacts for you for advice etc.

There are several options and require boldness, don't be scared of what will become of your grade, if you do the right thing, you will get the grades you deserve.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by MrsChima1(f): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
If she has tangible evidence against the guy then I would say go for it. However, if she doesn't have tangible evidence then it is hearsay.

It would be her word against the guy. Again, why would I continue in a school where a man is asking me for sex to pass me?

She can file a complaint against the school and request a refund. I still say she should resign and look for another university. She may not get the result she wants but at least she brought attention to the issue at hand.

Some people suggest that her husband talk to the school and police. GOOD LUCK.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by ifysimple(f): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
Pls try to record his advances to u and use it as an evidence and head to the schl authority.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Damysa(f): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
@OP, pls whatever decision u take, be careful.

I feel ur plight cos I've been in such position b4. if u ask me, I think u have to involve your husband cos only ur husband can handle things right now at this point in time. no matter how aggressive he is if he loves u he would be calm and handle the matter maturedly.

When my project supervisor was on my neck in that same school I discussed the matter with my husband and we decided to work as a team. Am also married with children but this man would not listen, he will tell me to come to main campus Ojo, if I get there and call him he will ask me to start coming to his house, I made excuses not to go to his house. when things were getting out of hand I told my husband.

frist he started picking his calls on my behalf, he would accompany me anytime I have an appointment with him. on yet another occassion, we were to meet in Ojo campus, on getting there I called him and he said I should come to his house. I was with my husband a my new born baby so we drove so his house. on sighting my husband he was shocked but didnt potrayed it and my husband pretended he didnt notice.

Trust my husband, he engaged him in a conversation and pretended I hadnt told him anything.  As we were leaving he handed him a cheque. Since then all the harrassment stopped and each time I called him afterwards, he wont never 4get 2 send his regards 2 my hubby and baby.

I think u should first try this or something similar, if it doesnt work u can opt 4 a stiffer measure. Let your husband be in the know of any step u take or will have him to contend with and  that will be worse off.

Good luck
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by chuksikem(m): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
DaShyGuy:

@ OP, i do get mails on my blackberry, and other than the original mail u sent me over 3 hours ago, in which i asked you some questions, am yet to get another mail from u. To be doubly sure, i just logged on to my yahoo mail on my notebook now, still no mail. Now, am afraid, i have to disengage my services, u re not being sincere with me, and i won't soil my reputation fighting a battle that isn't real or that has already been lost. If u insist u sent a second mail, then check the mail addy and resend. I didn't get any. mails4freddy@yahoo.com
And please, let ur hubby know u re corresponding with me, i insist. Cheers!

whats your stake in this matter??you are sounding too concerned for my liking bro, or are you or do you know the lecturer in question?? undecided undecided
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Killz3(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
Damysa:

@OP, pls whatever decision u take, be careful.

I feel ur plight cos I've been in such position b4. if u ask me, I think u have to involve your husband cos only ur husband can handle things right now at this point in time. no matter how aggressive he is if he loves u he would be calm and handle the matter maturedly.

When my project supervisor was on my neck in that same school I discussed the matter with my husband and we decided to work as a team. Am also married with children but this man would not listen, he will tell me to come to main campus Ojo, if I get there and call him he will ask me to start coming to his house, I made excuses not to go to his house. when things were getting out of hand I told my husband.

frist he started picking his calls on my behalf, he would accompany me anytime I have an appointment with him. on yet another occassion, we were to meet in Ojo campus, on getting there I called him and he said I should come to his house. I was with my husband a my new born baby so we drove so his house. on sighting my husband he was shocked but didnt potrayed it and my husband pretended he didnt notice.

Trust my husband, he engaged him in a conversation and pretended I hadnt told him anything.  As we were leaving he handed him a cheque. Since then all the harrassment stopped and each time I called him afterwards, he wont never 4get 2 send his regards 2 my hubby and baby.

I think u should first try this or something similar, if it doesnt work u can opt 4 a stiffer measure. Let your husband be in the know of any step u take or will have him to contend with and  that will be worse off.

Good luck

Thank you my sister. This OP and her husband are so not serious. NO MAN will claim not to know what to do in a situation like this. Except she is not married. but here she is, married and with 2 kids. What silly excuse does she have not to involve her husband? Unless of course, this story is spurious!
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by blank(f): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2012
I remember when a friend of mine had a lecturer on her case. The guy asked her to meet him in his office in town (not on campus) she went with her boyfriend (not husband sef). The guy engaged the lecturer in conversation, really washed his head and made him feel so important. That was the last of that. In fact, the lecturer was always praising her in class.

I don't know about this money thingy. That is among you, your husband and the lecturer.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
@~Killz~ maybe be right,

All I know is that those who comes to Equity must come with a clean hands grin
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by walex2(m): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
Am afraid u said u've given him some money, hope the man has not render u any help in the course of approving ur topic, corrections and others? We can't really get the truth here I would have advice u to take the matter to the appropriate authority.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by pendo89(f): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
see? that's what am talking about! Get ur hubby involved! man to man and get out of the pic.Gosh I think only a man can handle a fellow man in such matters esp where ur future and education are concerned.
If u do it on ur own you will hit the wall.

There's no way a man can harrass me without my hubby knowing. Unless I got other intentions, I will and must let him know.
I have put off some silly guys just by mentioning a man's name.
like forces repel. grin
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuksikem:

whats your stake in this matter??you are sounding too concerned for my liking bro, or are you or do you know the lecturer in question?? undecided undecided

Are u on some cheap expired drugs? Are u mad? Is there a problem with your brain cells?
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
Why did you pay the lecture money lipsrsealed, Is he not paid wages? so you decided to pay him wages, why cant you pay for sex? what is the difference ?? In that case you are as guilty as the lecturer, Birds of the same kind, na mumu go kill both of you,
Does your position or way of life in campus show that of a married woman?
If you can give him money , then you can give him anything, is logical, #
You cant take your case to court because you offer bribe to pass your supervision but refuse sex in return,
As for you Husband, He looks excactly like you, shocked he is a hopless as you,
As for the lecturer he need castration of justice. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
All you have to do is kiss yourself goodbye lipsrsealed
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by pendo89(f): 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
I am glad the holes are starting to show.

segan:

Why did you pay the lecture money lipsrsealed, Is he not paid wages? so you decided to pay him wages, why cant you pay for sex? what is the difference ?? In that case
If you can give him money , then you can give him anything, is logical, #
You cant take your case to court because you offer bribe to pass your supervision but refuse sex in return,

How does it feel to bribe so you can pass exams? That is the time you should have cried for help not after it has graduated to demand for sex.

One crime always leads to another. Am sure if u had sex with him he may threaten you with failure unless u continue feeding his sexual appetite.

You are both partners in crime, cz if you are smart my dear the flag would have gone up the first day he asked for money.

wish u luck anyway.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Rastamann: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
There's nothing i can say further. Lecturers are beasts in human skin. . .

Mind you not all lecturers. There are some decent lecturers and there are some who are beast like the one in this case but but with experience using force will not solve the case. The lady involved will at least have one lecture (at most a lady colleague of this randy asshole) that can confront and talk sense into this randy lecturer or more so go to your head of department and explain things to him. He know how to handle this or better-still can re-allocate you to another lecturer. I recently handled such a case and at the end the student was re-allocated to another lecturer by the veto of the head of department.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Damysa(f): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
@OP, please can u give some reasons why u still havent involved ur husband fully by now. even if he is deeply involved he doesnt have to confront or rub it the lecturer's face for now, except he becomes unbearable even after threading softly with him. there are ways around these things.

My husband was ready to go all the way but he needed to do first thing first. I wont be suprise if this lecturer think u are lying about ur married status, until ur hubby steps up he might not give up and that might just do the magic.

BTW most lecturers can be very useless sha.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by dasparrow: 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
@Post
Reading things like this is the reason why I will never allow any of my kids attend university in Nigeria. What a society we have. Seems like nothing good will ever come out of Nigeria because of the type of people the country is sadly made up of. Poster, record his calls and conversations. Gather enough evidence and get your husband involved. Be sharp!

DaShyGuy:

@ OP, i do get mails on my blackberry, and other than the original mail u sent me over 3 hours ago, in which i asked you some questions, am yet to get another mail from u. To be doubly sure, i just logged on to my yahoo mail on my notebook now, still no mail. Now, am afraid, i have to disengage my services, u re not being sincere with me, and i won't soil my reputation fighting a battle that isn't real or that has already been lost. If u insist u sent a second mail, then check the mail addy and resend. I didn't get any. mails4freddy@yahoo.com
And please, let ur hubby know u re corresponding with me, i insist. Cheers!

Did you by any chance check your spam folder to see if her email to you went in there? I will check in there just to see. Thanks for trying to help the lady.
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by wabterry(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
Its really absurd that a lecturer will want to do this kind of rubbish to a student, let alone a married woman. maybe u can give his infor to NL and we will occupy his office and give him the clear message, after u might have talked to another lecture as someone pointed out here. i hope u get through this .
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by SlamDunk(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
@ poster, dis is kinda serious N̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ it happens on almost every campus. To d best of my knowlg, all u need do is get his voice recorded wen he's speaking his crap. And then Your husband can take it up from their by sueing him. And using his recorded voice as evidence. Simple. Or wot d u guyz think.?
Re: Help! Lecturer Wants To Ruin My Life by Okontami: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dear Nairalanders, please flood these email addresses with mails to complain to the VC Professor Obafunwa that one of his boys is attempting to r.ape another man's wife.  I am so serious . With our voice we can make him call them to order. john@profjohnobafunwa.com and joobafunwa@hotmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Mojeed Liasu Appointed Acting Vice-Chancellor Of LAUTECH / Police Arrest School Owner In Delta For Allegedly Raping 4-year-old Girl / Waec Gce Result For 2008 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.