Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,034 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (13619 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by OEPHIUS(m): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
We are back whipping the Warriors and proving their number on us last season was a fluke.Saw the Heat Bucks game those guys are finished selling Posey and Kapono did not do them any good at all

Word!!!!

I don't know what to say to you in your heart of hearts yall don't want to meet the Mavs come play off time you guys just wont be able to cope with them if you want this ring yall should pray hard not to meet the Mavs because its curtains if you do,

i do not want us to win the ring would want either celtics or suns and if the mavs play spurs in the playoffs i predict an ass whupping mavs will have no chance
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 1:04am On Jan 04, 2008
noise about mavs is becomin much, they are no more as strong as last season though they are still part of the top teams
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Oephius
I will keep saying it till you understand i dont mind dropping a chopped and screwed album.We are the only ones that can beat the Spurs in the Western Conference come playoff time we have done it before even when they had home court advantage.Forget the Suns they cant do it as for the Celts i can only hope they dont have playoff meltdown we where 67-15 last season and flunked in the playoffs so you never know
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by davidif: 12:34am On Jan 05, 2008
I haven't been really following the NBA lately because of the NFL season, but i have been watching a lot of highlights on Sportscenter though and i heard that my boy Brandon Roy is leading the Portland Blazers to greatness (we're back RIP CITY). I hope when football ends i can focus on the NBA and some college basketball.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 12:55am On Jan 05, 2008
so u wait for nfl season to be over before focusing on basketballl, sounds funny

@A-40
even if mavs can beat spurs, whats the probability u wont have been eliminated b4 u meet them
as for celtics, stop comparing them to mavs, their stars are seasoned stars not relative newbies as howard, harris and co were last year though i like nowitzki a lot, i think the difference between mavs last year and celtics is that mavs players were on some demonic form last year while celts players are at the peak of their career(the main stars only though)
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 3:52am On Jan 05, 2008
detroit are on fire

some hot match-ups tonite but cant wait for saturday's pistons-celts
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2008
@Oephius
I am almost getting tired of arguing with you.Granted we lost to Golden state for obvious reasons they severely whooped our butts in the regular season and we we played the regular season like there where no playoffs we have learnt from that and you would observe in due time.As for the Celts seasoned stars my ass how many of them have made it to the Nba Finals? Howard and Harris are no newbies
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2008
@lailai
I am almost getting tired of arguing with you.Granted we lost to Golden state for obvious reasons they severely whooped our butts in the regular season and we we played the regular season like there where no playoffs we have learnt from that and you would observe in due time.As for the Celts seasoned stars my ass how many of them have made it to the Nba Finals? Howard and Harris are no newbies
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by OEPHIUS(m): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
making it to the NBA finals does not make you a great player
take for example the entire heat team weel you get the point

detroit are on fire
don't beleive you
they have been on fire for the past three seasons
and talk about fire how about Orlando magic, smoking
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
OEPHIUS:

making it to the NBA finals does not make you a great player
take for example the entire heat team weel you get the point
don't beleive you
they have been on fire for the past three seasons
and talk about fire how about Orlando magic, smoking

oephius thank you, A-40, i tot u've been watching basketbal for some time, u shuld know that fact,
orlando are somehow off form now, detroit - celtics today

howard and harris; when i mean newbies, i dont mean rookies, i mean emerging stars

by the way, mavs almost lost to heat yesterday, despite 7 players (wade, shaq, williams included) missin 4 heat, nowitzki savd the day
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2008
garnett was a monster for celtics in d win against pistons despite the foul trouble
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by OEPHIUS(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2008
lai-lai:

garnett was a monster for celtics in d win against pistons despite the foul trouble

in that game i dif not know who to root for as i love garnet and the pistons are my favorite eastern team but still a great win

about hte mavs-Heat game my brother called it a bad day but we have to thank German machine (Dirk)
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by WadeFTW: 4:51am On Jan 07, 2008

NBA Comparison: Dwyane Wade/Jason Kidd

Strengths: A breath taking athlete with terrific size for the point guard position at 6-4 ,  His upside is truly special … An absolutely dazzling dunker with blinding speed ,  Likely to be the most athletic PG in the league for years to come … A point guard in the truest sense of the word. His development in this area has been phenomenal in the past 2 years (which is apparent when you read his profile from a year and a half ago) … Knows how to run a team, and raises the level of play of his teammates … A pass-first point guard with excellent court vision … Has a rare ability to create passing lanes – finding and creating shots for teammates who do not appear to be open … A relentless defender with quick hands and length. Gets low and will lock his man down on defense and should only improve. Gives the same intensity and effort on both ends of the floor … Excellent handle on the ball, with a deadly crossover, very tough to contain one on one … A constant threat to blow by his man off the dribble … Rarely shows much emotion, very calm on and off-court demeanor, does not get rattled easily … Plays with a high level of intensity remaining level-headed … Deadly on the fast break with his passing ability and athleticism … Powerful leaper. Can get his head at rim level and has the strength to go into traffic and dunk on people … Catlike quickness and body control … Excellent finisher around the basket even after contact… Clutch player who raises his level of play against good competition and wants the ball in crunch time … Hits his foul shots at a good rate … Very team-oriented with a great attitude. Willing to learn, very coachable and still improving … Accustomed to the 'family feeling' with his teams (he is very close with his high school teammates, and his AAU team, coached by his brother, consisting mostly of his high school teammates). Has a close knit group surrounding him and protecting his future … Tough as nails competitor. A warrior who leaves it out on the floor every time out … A true floor general who shows a solid understanding of the game. Good decision maker. … Has very long arms and strong hands … Loves to drive and hang in the air and shoot when he’s cleared the defense … Very crafty at making shots around the basket, especially fadeways getting great height on his jumpers … Excellent rebounder due to his size, strength and tenacity …

Weaknesses: Mechanics on his shot are not fluid, so he may need to adjust it some as he sort of slings the ball from his shoulder, though his shot has shown steady improvement … A streaky shooter, can go through cold spells … More effective in an up-tempo game, understands tempo but his speed obviously makes running logical and is still less effective in the half court … Underdeveloped moves off the dribble. He can become more polished creating shots from the perimeter (ala OJ Mayo) … Right now relies almost exclusively on his power, handle, and quickness to get by defenders … Can become a lot better at running the pick and roll … Has the size to post up PGs all day. He shows great strength and intensity inside but has underutilized back to the basket skills … Sometimes appears to be coasting during games, though I believe this is when he is getting a feel for the tempo of the game, and he is reluctant to force things… Not much of a vocal leader, but certainly leads by example. And this is sure to develop with maturity … A year or two in college will do wonders for his grasp of the point guard position. Easily the toughest to master on the NBA level … Had a tendency to rely too much on his athleticism early in his high school career, but has developed other facets of his game …

IMAGINE HIM AND D-WADE IN THE BACKCOURT TOGETHER. . .
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 5:08am On Jan 07, 2008
derrick rose stil has things to learn
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by WadeFTW: 5:12am On Jan 07, 2008
lai-lai:

derrick rose stil has things to learn

WHAT IS YOUR POINT (OR POSSIBLE LACK THEREOF)?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 5:13am On Jan 07, 2008
just stating the obvious
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by WadeFTW: 5:32am On Jan 07, 2008
lai-lai:

just stating the obvious

OUTSIDE JUMPSHOT. THAT'S IT. OTHER THAN THAT, HE'S FINE.

HE HAS THE SKILLS. . .

THE POTENTIAL. . .

THE WORK ETHIC. . .

AND THE HUMILITY. . .

HIS TOTAL PACKAGE IS UNRIVALED

DISCUSS
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by OEPHIUS(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2008
i am just going to sit this one about derrick rose out
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by maden9ja(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
Man I think even if Miami had the first pick, they'd pick Beasley, they already have Dwade, why choose another player similar to him,

Wit Wade in the backcourt any other PG will do, (they won the with Jwill at the PG spot), just like any team will Kobe can make do with any PG,

I always say that Miami biggest issue is the front court, No knock against Haslem, but he's a role player at best( gives u 15-18pts, 10 reb any given night), they need a more dominant post presence,

A similar example is the nets, they possibly the best PG in the game at Jkidd, they've 2 quality, 2 star wing players in Carter and Jefferson, but they're still struggling, why cos, they absolutely NO presence in the post,

Let me hear ur thoughts,
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by holythug(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
good for him he did
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2008
all these strugglin teams, thats their business, though u right, there must always be struggling teams, all teams can't be winning

im rily feeling that kid bynum
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 8:25am On Jan 08, 2008
kelenna azubuike went 7/7 in the warriors win over spurs, i just hope he can be puttin in more mins so he can show his talent, he's really got some talent
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by WadeFTW: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2008
made.n.Nigeria:

Man I think even if Miami had the first pick, they'd pick Beasley, they already have Dwade, why choose another player similar to him,

Wit Wade in the backcourt any other PG will do, (they won the with Jwill at the PG spot), just like any team will Kobe can make do with any PG,

I always say that Miami biggest issue is the front court, No knock against Haslem, but he's a role player at best( gives u 15-18pts, 10 reb any given night), they need a more dominant post presence,

A similar example is the nets, they possibly the best PG in the game at Jkidd, they've 2 quality, 2 star wing players in Carter and Jefferson, but they're still struggling, why because, they absolutely NO presence in the post,

Let me hear your thoughts,

Beasely is overrated. He can score, but he plays no defense, has no passing skills and scouts cannot decide whether he's a future SF or PF. On top of it all, he's arrogant and lazy.

Rose is the complete opposite.

Not to mention that Beasely would most likely play SF if he went to Miami, and that means he won't be in the post. It's apparent that Beasely needs to bulk up and he isn't as ripped as Haslem. If Beasely wants to be in the post, he needs to bulk up. Plus, unlike Beasely, Haslem is a lockdown defender. Do you homework next time before talking to me.

Dang, that only took 30 secs.

DESTROYED ON ALL FRONTS
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Oephius
I never said they where great players i only said they where not newbies.Those guys are as good as any other over hyped bunch in the NBA.As for the Heat game there was always tendency to underrate the opposition we are very fond of doing that but i dont think Wade or Shaq would have made any difference they are 0-7 in the regular season against us but the real test is tomorrow when Detroit comes to town
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by OEPHIUS(m): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2008
-40 you will fall to pistons as long as james avery continus to behave like that german machine is his best unless you play josh howard and jason terry more you will fall like a pack of cards y'all think pistons is a team that you can just write off but lets see how it goes since even the pistons are known to mess up when it matters most
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Oephius
Are you alright? Where did you see me write off the Pistons? Make no bones about it Dirk is our best player followed by Josh Howard.I wonder why he keeps J.T on the bench though i am not cool with that he is one of our offensive lynchpins and putting in the bench would just kill his game Devin Harris is still pretty raw for me and does not have a jumper
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2008
@oephius, a-40 never wrote off the pistons
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 7:39am On Jan 10, 2008
yesterday night was kul, my team lakers kept their good form going against d hornets, kobe didnt even need 2nd gear against CP and co and bynum faced up to chandler.

A-40, gues u're happy now that mavs blew away the pistons, lets see how pistons face up to spurs this night, a real rough schedule for them
this trailblazers must be on some shit, can anybody explain this sudden gush of form from their players

And to the news of the night, celtics lost at home to charlotte, i gues they used all their energy to beat the pistons although they had a couple of injuries to allen and co, u can't win all the games
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2008
@lailai
Why wont i be happy? i have been drumming it into the ears of some of these NBA neophytes that the Mavs still matter but they keep doubting

@Oephius
Do you see why we are the Kings of Texas the same Detroit we convincingly thrashed whooped your asses at the AT&T center last night
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by lailai2(m): 3:41am On Jan 12, 2008
just remember this are still regular season games, playoff is the koko
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 4:07am On Jan 12, 2008
@lailai
Dude tell me something i dont know already you should be telling that to Celtic fans
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 12, 2008
@wadeftw, think wade is incomparable, he's jus extraterrestrial.but dont know whats going on with him now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola (Photo) / Denmark Vs Australia: World Cup (1 - 1) On 21st June 2018 / Robert Lewandowski Named IFFHS Best Player Of The Year For The 2nd Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.