Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

I Forgot My Wifes Birthday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Forgot My Wifes Birthday (9421 Views)

What Will You Do?? If You Meet Your Wifes Sister Like This In The Kitchen(photo) / Ur WIFES Ex Boyfriend Visited While You Were At Work. / Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Omoso(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
I only forgot to say happy birthday on my wifes birthday and now am paying dearly for it. Please nairalanders help.is that the worst sin? Please be realistic. Is it wrong to forget?and should a woman take such a thing as this too far? Is it wrong to sometimes get too busy as to forget such? Am waiting for ur response please.thank you in anticipation.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by werepeLeri: 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2012
Big deal. We are all human.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Bukizo(f): 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2012
It can happen to anyone, we're not infallible but as long as u have apologised for it and show her that u really are sorry for forgetting, then she shld be able to forgive u and move on

i suggest u set urself a reminder for other important dates if u dont wna be in the dog house cool
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Omoso(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
Thanks namesake
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Bukizo(f): 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
Namesake? who?
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by cfours: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2012
Omoso:

I only forgot to say happy birthday on my wifes birthday and now am paying dearly for it. Please nairalanders help.is that the worst sin? Please be realistic. Is it wrong to forget?and should a woman take such a thing as this too far? Is it wrong to sometimes get too busy as to forget such? Am waiting for ur response please.thank you in anticipation.

depends. does your wife forget your birthday?
if not, then try not to forget hers.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Omoso(m): 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2012
Thanks for the advice
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Omoso(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
Bukizo:

Namesake? who?
was talking to Ray.thanks anyway
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by MrsChima1(f): 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2012
If it was just a stranger, big deal.
This is your wife and you forgot her birthday?
Did you guys have an arranged marriage?
How long did you guys date before marriage?

It doesn't matter how busy you were, you made a decision to get married so therefore you should maintain everything and remember the most important days.

I am sure you remember your birthday and made damn sure everyone remember it as well.

Humans can be selfish sometimes, but when you are married, it is no longer just about you.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by cfours: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
^ some cultures, families and religious sects in nigeria don't celebrate birthdays.
maybe OP comes from a family where birthday celebration wasn't important. but he married a wife who cares a lot about it.  grin
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
Now she deny you toto access? How sad. . smiley
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
Kini big deal?

It only show you are more responsible and matured and as such have so many things on your once empty head.

Just try and make up by buying her something she will really love to prove to her it wasn't intentional.

(*whistling and strolling off*)
When they will tell them not to marry men suffering from dyslexia, they won't hear word now see the outcome.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Goldieluks: 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
Pamper her with gifts ( affordable ones) and say sorry. Hope she don't also forget yours too. Write her birth date and paste it on your fridge door, so you don't forget next time.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
WTF? You just sounded like a 2 year old no offense
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Killz3(m): 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2012
Wow! Forgot your wife's birthday? Bro, no matter how sorry you are, this is NOT a good sign for your marriage. It's the seemingly infinitesimal things that really matter. . . if you can forget the day your dear wife was born, then. . . She'll not get over the shock so soon, but she will and she'll be on the look out for future mistakes from you. Why is because you just gave her a reason to suspect that something is up. Be sorry and mean it. You know her better than anyone, so lean on her good side. . . just do anything to make her forgive you now. She's your wife, and NOT a girlfriend. . .
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
C'mon man its just a damn birthday. Maybe they meet over the internet and got married in 2 months lol. U never know
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Goldieluks: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by kelz88(f): 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2012
How often do you forget? It's upsetting but shouldn't be a big deal. Make it up to her.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Excelboi(m): 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2012
Op, what u did is really wrong though it can happen to any one. If i forget my girlfriend birthday,i knw am in deep shit nt to talk of mah wife. Try to get one of her close friends to sort out matters with her, if truly she is ur wife, she will forgive and forget the whole scenario
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by arrived(m): 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2012
I've forgotten my birthday about 4 times before!
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ poster,  Give your wife a big long hug and say " Baby I never meant to forget your birthday.Im sorry. You know I love you more than anything. Lets go have a nice evening together"
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Killz3(m): 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
C'mon man its just a damn birthday. Maybe they meet over the internet and got married in 2 months lol. U never know
How long they dated and where they met is inconsequential at this moment. They were happy with each other and got married. This aint no common bf/gf relationship, this is something serious. It shows a lack of value for his wife. . .

Bro, what if it was "her?" wink
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
Sexkillz even delay on picking her up at the airport is a crime against humanity. . So how much more forgetting her birthday? March 11th is like cc pin number in my head lol
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Killz3(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
^^^
See your life? grin
That is for a Gf, not to talk of when you eventually get married to her. . . Can you see why OP fccked up complicatedly? wink
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by MrsChima1(f): 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
~Killz~:

How long they dated and where they met is inconsequential at this moment. They were happy with each other and got married. This aint no common bf/gf relationship, this is something serious. It shows a lack of value for his wife. . .

Bro, what if it was "her?" wink

Well Bro, how long they have dated is important because if you married someone that you don't know could explain why someone will forget a birthday. 

To me dating is the time one should get to know each other and remember the important dates. 

I know some people will say that birthdays isn't a big deal and it doesn't matter what your culture is. 

Birthdays of your children/spouses/mates
Date of your wedding
Date of your first meet
Date of your graduation from college
Date of your loved ones' funerals

Those are important dates to remember out of memory not necessary celebration.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2012
Killz read Mrs. Chima's comment.
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Killz3(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Well Bro, how long they have dated is important because if you married someone that you don't know could explain why someone will forget a birthday. 

To me dating is the time one should get to know each other and remember the important dates.  
It's important, but at this moment, that's not the issue. Even if you dated for 2 months, there's no excuse for forgetting my birthday if i really mean anything to you. . .
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by pedestal82(m): 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
@OP,b4 I met her somtimes 4get my Bday, a day or 2 later I will be like ah! My Bday has passed. Then once she 4got my Bday. I forgave her, but still use it against her when am out of options to plead for forgivness wen I wrong her. So I think whenever I do 4get hers in future, hv got a bargaining chip.@OP, it wrong sha! She will forgive, but always hold it against u. From experince I speak!
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by MrsChima1(f): 11:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
~Killz~:

It's important, but at this moment, that's not the issue. Even if you dated for 2 months, there's no excuse for forgetting my birthday i[b]f i really mean anything to you. . .[/b]

I agree brotha. wink
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
REALITY101:

Now she deny you toto access? How sad. . smiley

ha ha ha ha, @ op. I can only imagine. No free toto, no food on d table wen u wake up. Are u sure u aren't seeing other chicks outside marriage? Cuz dats d only tin that wud make u forget. And d only way u can show that u truly forgot is if only u are been remorseful by tendering a public apology tru radio, magazine, internet or something
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by dabrake(m): 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2012
What nonsense! All these just for common birthday? Op, beg your wife but if she still do strong head, make she rot inside hell. Nonsense!
Re: I Forgot My Wifes Birthday by Cuteobi(f): 12:20am On Mar 05, 2012
shocked How on earth can one forget his wifes bday.dat wud certainly make her feel like u don't care.go out of ur way to apologize and make her feel like a queen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Can You Flatulate In Your Boyfriend's Presence? / These Asian Chicks Are Not Here To Play...their Butts Are Getting Bigger / Why Is The Second Round Longer Than First Round In Sex ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.