Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,551 members, 7,861,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified (29689 Views)

Can You Forgive A Slap From Your Guy? / ........ / Can Prostitution Ever Be Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by PBundles(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2012
I really dont know if its that black and white as some things are shades of grey. Of course any well meaning man will say, its not a good thing to be physical with woman and I agree, but everyone has their limits believe me. As the solicitor pointed out some one could be provoked to the extent that at [b]THAT MOMENT [/b]he is no longer rational. It just so happens that we are talkning about a man/woman relationship, but why do you see well manner guys scrap. The following story will illustrate what I mean. A good friend of ours had a falling out with his wife. he didnt hit her but lets say things got heated and there was a lot of pushing, but nothing major. When we got their, I tried to calm the situation, whilst some other friend who came along thought it best to start preaching. There is no reason, bla bla bla. I was telling this guy I agree, but that he shouldnt be to quick to judge. He had a American girlfriend who chimed in. A real man doesnt do that, in the US they would lock him up etc etc you get the picture. And then she uttered something that took us all a back, even the quarrrelling couple. She said, it may be that the African culture is one that is so low that allows this. Wow. I said to her that I dont see this particular issue as an abusive husband but simple a misunderstanding that got out of control. Even my wifes friend confirmed that her husban doenst abuse her. But that didnt stop our US lady. She said that she had trained our boy well  shocked to the levels of US standards and that he better not try that. I could see my boy was fuming. Before we knew it, they started having an argument. We were trying to calm them down, words were exchanged and the US lady uttered something like if you dont like the way we live her go back to you uncivilasied jungle. Guys it was like a Mission Impossible film. It all went in slow motion. Before we could say anything I saw my friend release a slap that could have awoken the dead. shocked To make a long story short, comotion broke out. After some hours the scene eased. While we were in the car, my friend was really quite, I mean mouse still. About 20 minutes into the ride he said he felt so ashamed, but I just lost it when she insulted my roots. I kept quite and repeated his words : There is no reason why a man should, but before I finsihed he started laughing. So you see its not always black and white.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by sugardaddy1(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2012
Some women are a confused set of bitches. Ignore them and they will complain, slap them and they will scream blue murder. Ok, shut the fu*k up, they won't. What a world!!!

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by mobf: 11:22am On Mar 06, 2012
It's settled already, he or she who slaps should expect to get slapped back in return. Shikena!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Benzora(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2012
@poster if you marry my daughter and lay your filter hands on her for whatever justifiable reason then I ll make you regret why you got married in the first instance. I ll clear whatever doubts that made you start this thread. Don't even think it as you obviously don't ve any idea what it takes to bring up a girl child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Nayah(f): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2012
Benzora:

@poster if you marry my daughter and lay your filter hands on her for whatever justifiable reason then I ll make you regret why you got married in the first instance. I ll clear whatever doubts that made you start this thread. Don't even think it as you obviously don't ve any idea what it takes to bring up a girl child.
The father has talked! you see op, violence involves violence smiley self control is the key

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Digriz(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2012
Am nt an advocate of domestic violence bt a slap or 2 as d poster said cn actually do wonders in some homes.
I cld rember d first time i slapped my gf and she was asking me,u slapped me repeatedly for up to 2mins,why coz i neva raised my hand on her b4 bt i did dat because she crossed d boundry by nagging at me infront of my pals,thats an embrassment.
Bt we are stil together and she neva do such again rather she wl wait til we are private.(pls dnt mind my bad english).
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by PBundles(m): 11:32am On Mar 06, 2012
I wonder how many guys on here  claiming to be more holy than the Pope have not slapped a woman INDIRECTLY, by cheating on her. Most women will tell you that being cheated on is like a slap in the face. Let me say AGAIN for the record, I dont agree to it at all, I also have a daughter and would hate to see anyone put their hands on her, Im just saying DONT BE TO QUICK TO JUDGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by LEXYLOV: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2012
@dabrake.

Many thanks for that sorrowful story you share, Any man that beat a woman is a coward, no matter what your wife/gf did, there are many other way to treat them and make them regret their action than beating them? Like that guy in that news who poured acid on someone daughter just because of dating is a monster, he is no a human being and should be expel. Please @ dabrake it will be ok if you can continue post on any update in that girl case. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by PBundles(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

The father has talked! you see op, violence involves violence smiley self control is the key

You are so correct, self control is the key indeed. When you sense the situation is getting out of hand, leave the scene to collect your senses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by dabrake(m): 11:37am On Mar 06, 2012
Benzora:

make your daughter do wetin methodman's babe do am
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-884556.416.html#msg10330649
and u go know if i no go cripple her destiny. i go follow beat you join, disfather you sotey u go turn son
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Nayah(f): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2012
PBundles:

You are so correct, self control is the key indeed. When you sense the situation is getting out of hand, leave the scene to collect your senses.
Yes my dear and I would tell you something: as a woman I can admit sometimes we are very diffucult to handle because some like shouting, insulting or disrespecting their fiance or hsuband, but men have this or should have this capacity to maintain their self control, this is what I call a balance whithing a couple
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by eghost247(m): 11:40am On Mar 06, 2012
the only reasonable thing you said in your post is respect is reciprocal
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Jay5000(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
Reminds me of the question "can you kill someone?"So many people will say "no" or "never" or a lot of politically correct answers, until d 5hit hits d fan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by ajbabs(m): 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
Respest is recipocal cry.Ladies should not provoke their men the first place.Also,men should try to be gentlemen.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Nayah(f): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
ajbabs:

Respest is recipocal cry.Ladies should not provoke their men the first place.Also,men should try to be gentlemen.

I seconded!
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Sugardiva(f): 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
Evry1 talking abt provocation lemme tell u, under the law reaction must be proportionate to the provocation. If a woman slaps u and u beat her up ur reaction is proportional to the provocation invovled. Buh if a woman just keeps talking its not.

Wife and gf beaters are just wimps. Men who have no self worth. When ur male friend with a six pack says somethng annoying why dont u try to beat him? Cowards. Its only with women u hv strength. Most beaters are loosers with no accomplishment who already feel worthless and so they beat u tryna convince themselves that they can dominate somethng at least. Well All u WAGBAN (according to KILLSZ) members may God deliver u frm ur inferiority complex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by 30secs(m): 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
but is it justifiable for females to be sooo da.mn annoyin, irrating, insultive, haughty, Arrggghhh, Oh, nd extremely sexist! If na gud tin una go claim equality bt if d tin no too gud una go remember say women na the weaker sex! Smh. Nawa for una,
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Goldieluks: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2012
ndabros mr Nigerian lawyer, so what your saying in essence is that its is justifiable in the Nigerian law, for a man to beat his wife??  Why am I not surprised Nigeria is apparently a third world country.

For those married men who believe in beating their wives. How many times
would you hit your wife if she keeps annoying you? Uncountable times??
Self control is the key, age doesn't come with maturity, but it is how well you handle
your issues and arguements/disagreements with your wife,that's what makes you a REAL
man, am not saying you should stoop so low just to please your wife in every instance, but use
Wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by dabrake(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

ndabros mr Nigerian lawyer, so what your saying in essence is that its is justifiable in the Nigerian law, for a man to beat his wife??  Why am I not surprised Nigeria is apparently a third world country.

Self control is the key, age doesn't come with maturity, but it is how well you handle
your issues and arguements/disagreements with your wife,that's what makes you a REAL
man, am not saying you should stoop so low just to please your wife in every instance, but use
Wisdom.

Sugardiva:

Evry1 talking abt provocation lemme tell u, under the law reaction must be proportionate to the provocation. If a woman slaps u and u beat her up ur reaction is proportional to the provocation invovled. Buh if a woman just keeps talking its not.

Wife and gf beaters are just wimps. Men who have no self worth. When ur male friend with a six pack says somethng annoying why dont u try to beat him? Cowards. Its only with women u hv strength. Most beaters are loosers with no accomplishment who already feel worthless and so they beat u tryna convince themselves that they can dominate somethng at least. Well All u WAGBAN (according to KILLSZ) members may God deliver u frm ur inferiority complex.

no matter how hard you try, if you cross your boundary, i will have to put you in check anyhow. if 'gentlemanliness' do not work, i will have to apply force.

and for your info, i brush any guy i feel like. imma bone crusher. i re-engineer faces
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Sugardiva(f): 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

Wisdom.

IT IS NOT! The only exceptions are if he does so in self defence or under provocation buh as i said earlier the reaction must be proportionate to the provocation.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Digriz(m): 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

Wisdom, for wisdom is the key.

a slap is just a warning and nt beating, if u cal a slap a beating then what wl u cal punching and kicking? Pls a slap is no beating since u didnt apply others.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Nayah(f): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
Digriz:

a slap is just a warning and nt beating, if u cal a slap a beating then what wl u cal punching and kicking? Pls a slap is no beating since u didnt apply others.
Then it starts from that, you can warn with your silence you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by ndahbros1: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
^^^^^
@ Goldieluks.

Don't get me wrong. If sometin is wrong, it is wrong. The act itself is wrong. No one condones it. What pisses me off is a lady thumping her chest and threatening fire and brimstone if it happened to her. And in my experience, such a one can do nothing. That is d point I am making. If we ar condemning it, fine and good. But it doesn't call for someone making unnecessary inflammatory statements as if she is Voltron or King Kong. See, these days film actor sef dey die, not to talk of someone who might not even afford to pursue her case to its logical conclusion.
It is just like saying " ha, if someone ever touched my kid bro, I will kill d person'. The day he comes back with wounds, u ask him to take u to d bully who dared lay a finger on him, and wen u find out that it is d area bad guy who will dish it anyhow u want to eat it: wat will u do? Abeg leave matter!
My quarrel, for record purposes, is wit those that thump their chests as if heaven will fall. I assure u it won't. Even if u succeed in sending d man to jail ( forgetting all the love u shared because he beat u) what if he comes out and serves u cold, well-planned, untraceable revenge? U see d endless possibility?
Don't boast about wat u would hv done. U know d extent of ur strength; do u know mine?
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by ifihearam: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2012
The truth be say na for abroad the babes dey misbehave becos of the law protecting them.since they have rights they should slap an agbero or try anything stupid in naija na.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by sandysprax(m): 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

My gf dosent understand silence.Each time she is yelling and i just ignore her and watch tv, she will just rudely turn off the tv. If i still keep mute, she will come involve me by jacking me and starts saying "am i not talking to u?" and she just starts to shake me vigorously.It's difficult not slapping her lights out at that point u know, it just makes me go red.

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Digriz(m): 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

i cn neva exceed that limit myself,i hardly raise my hands on a woman bt wen it gets to that limit,i cn only slap her once and since she knw that am nt used to that,she wld understand that she realy provoked me. I wl stil cuddle and wipe her tears away wt a promise that i wont do that again if she accepts her own mistake.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Goldieluks: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2012
ndahbros1:

^^^^^
@ Goldieluks.

Don't get me wrong. If sometin is wrong, it is wrong. The act itself is wrong. No one condones it. What pisses me off is a lady thumping her chest and threatening fire and brimstone if it happened to her. And in my experience, such a one can do nothing. That is d point I am making. If we ar condemning it, fine and good. But it doesn't call for someone making unnecessary inflammatory statements as if she is Voltron or King Kong. See, these days film actor sef dey die, not to talk of someone who might not even afford to pursue her case to its logical conclusion.
It is just like saying " ha, if someone ever touched my kid bro, I will kill d person'. The day he comes back with wounds, u ask him to take u to d bully who dared lay a finger on him, and wen u find out that it is d area bad guy who will dish it anyhow u want to eat it: wat will u do? Abeg leave matter!
My quarrel, for record purposes, is wit those that thump their chests as if heaven will fall
. I assure u it won't. Even if u succeed in sending d man to jail ( forgetting all the love u shared because he beat u) what if he comes out and serves u cold, well-planned, untraceable revenge? U see d endless possibility?
Don't boast about wat u would hv done. U know d extent of ur strength; do u know mine?

I see!

dabrake:

no matter how hard you try, if you cross your boundary, i will have to put you in check anyhow. if 'gentlemanliness' do not work, i will have to apply force.

Are you here with us atall? If you are this angry, hit your fist on the nearest wall. That would help to calm you down bro.

and for your info, i brush any guy i feel like. imma bone crusher. i re-engineer faces
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by Nayah(f): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2012
Digriz and Sandysprax, I do know some sisters can be very irritating and disrespectful I've said it previously and I do know guys don't like this, but you as men shloud know your physical force and should know how to handle your partner

My mom used to talk when she was upset and talk, talk talk but my father has always known how to handle her, but shouting his mouth and go out, then when my mother calm down he used to come back to communicate and point out the fact that there's no need to shout and talk to much cause he would'nt exchange while she shout and believe me she improves herself ! this is what I call self control and maturity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by jaybee3(m): 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nayah:

Digriz and Sandysprax, I do know some sisters can be very irritating and disrespectful I've said it previously and I do know guys don't like this, but you as men shloud know your physical force and should know how to handle your partner

My mom used to talk when she was upset and talk, talk talk but my father has always known how to handle her, but shouting his mouth and go out, then when my mother calm down he used to come back to communicate and point out the fact that there's no need to shout and talk to much cause he would'nt exchange while she shout and believe me she improves herself ! this is what I call self control and maturity
Works most time but you gotta admit that there are some devlish women out there that will simply follow the man that's trying to avoid conflict outside to continue the charade.

My simple advice is know your b/f g/f well enough before you take that life changing step
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by TisaBone: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
here i am in the hospital
bandaged from feet to head
in a state of shock
just that much from being dead

i didn't think my woman could do something like this to me
i didn't think she had the nerve
i guess actions speak louder than words

you keep hurtin her
she keep being quiet
she might be holding something inside

THAT WILL REALLY REALLY HURT YOU ONE DAY

this poem expresses exactly how i feel. i would rather walk away from a person who i know is abusive, for their safety, and for my freedom. no man is worth killing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by chinnyonwu(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2012
Mr, sexkillz, I'd really love to see that guy beat u up cos ur unbelievable these days. Such a feminist looking for popular support.
Btw, its imperative to note that some men that bea/slappedt their wives believed hitherto, that they couldn't do such a thing. Of course its not nice to beat someone up whether male or female but there is sth called reflex. Its a spontenous reaction. You won't start to think if that's the best way to settle a quarrel. Just imagine some extreme examples and make an unbiased conclusion. However, I respect the men that fElt remorse after that cos its not nice really.
Re: When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified by dabrake(m): 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2012
tisa bone,
shey na for mouth?? that one no go say make my spirit dampen. you play the 'gentleman' and she sees you as a Goodluck Jonathan
i rather be an obasanjo

#jaybee
any woman wey no go gimme peace don indirectly tell me say make i go find peace outside. omo, thank God for the word M.I.S.T.R.E.S.S. i don go get one sharp sharp. i fit stay outside house for 4 days sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

1000 Intimate And Funny Questions To Ask Your Partner / Obasanjo At The Wedding Reception Of Prince Of Ero In Ondo (Photos) / I Pranked My Girlfriend With HIV On April Fools Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.