Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy (14928 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Warning!warning!warning! On Gtbank Ebanking / Ebanking And Customer Satisfaction In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by quomo: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
All instant transfer modules industry wide are hosted by one switch. That's what NIBSS is for. Success of a transfer depends on the uptime of the three key points; your bank, the switch and the other bank.
Should there be a failure at any of these points, then you will experience a downtime.
There are still other internal techie issues each bank may have, like the reliability of there interface to NIBSS and the uptime of their core banking application.
So really, FBN's interface is as good as GTB, while Diamond bank is also very okay.
All these issues are basically teething issues. This service still has growth phases ahead.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by joshfash(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
Wema bank is one of the banks u guys dnt remember to talk about. Talk of eproduct, they are excellent. They use the latest version of finacle, banking application, they ve wema mobile, where u can transfer moni from ur mobile phone to any bank in d country, pay utility bills, send moni to wema atm machines for someone who doesnt ve wema bank account and lots more. wema online is also wonderful. Chat with them on www.wemabank.com
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by gbogboti: 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
@OP, I operate GTB and FIRSTBANK. These are the only banks in Nigeria. Ezeoku! If you no go school well, you no go fit use Firstbank online banking platform for transactions. The security alone pass CBN own. As for GTB the interface is very very easy to use. @least person wey go average school fit use am. Although my small fear be say hackers and internet bad boys too like to dey try GTB interface. The two banks the Ok sha. Abeg FIDELITY still dey? Na wao! Na this thread wake dem name up for my brain o! Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by gbogboti: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
@OP, I operate GTB and FIRSTBANK. These are the only banks in Nigeria. Ezeoku! If you no go school well, you no go fit use Firstbank online banking platform for transactions. The security alone pass CBN own. As for GTB the interface is very very easy to use. @least person wey go average school fit use am. Although my small fear be say hackers and internet bad boys too like to dey try GTB interface. The two banks the Ok sha. Abeg FIDELITY still dey? Na wao! Na this thread wake dem name up for my brain o! Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by moshoodn(m): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
Dual Core:

I would appreciate if you insult me no further. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm old enough to post my personal opinions on a public bulletin board and would wish for kids and adults alike to behave with a level of maturity when talking to strangers.

I recommend you move on without trying to reply me.

Please no insults on this thread, just state your experiences, suggestions and alternatives and walk away happy. . .

These are mission critical systems whose technological glitches should not be frequent or even be noticed by the end users as there should be redundancy in place. A banking application should not have a single point of failure.

Thanks. Would love something on android (not mandatory, just preference).
I'm sorry if you felt insulted.
I too was a lil frustrated until i learnt they were experiencing their downtime
but brother, patience is still always the key.
and we both know gtb is better than first.
forgive a brother. . . respond to this.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by DualCore1: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
Thanks, gbogbotigbot lol.

Actually I am not thinking of ditching GTBank, I just need a backup e-banking service.

GTBank's Naira Mastercard has failed me on some occasions for my daily credit card transactions online and I use Zenith's websurefer which is a very reliable backup and has never failed me on a place where its known to have worked other times.

So I need a backup like this for the internet banking aspect of gtbank.

I will give FirstBank's system a try.

moshoodn:

I'm sorry if you felt insulted.
I too was a lil frustrated until i learnt they were experiencing their downtime
but brother, patience is still always the key.
and we both know gtb is better than first.
forgive a brother. . . respond to this.
One, brother.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by itsigwehenry(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
its worse down here in ABK!!!,
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by chucky234(m): 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
I uses both First Bank and GTB and I can confidently say that GTB is the most efficient bank in Nigeria.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by chucky234(m): 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
I uses both First Bank and GTB and I can confidently say that GTB is the most efficient bank in Nigeria.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by ijigbamigb(m): 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
nothing like FIRSTMOBILE  grin grin grin grin
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
First Bank, I can confidently say will give you SERVICE.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by studyineu: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
De last time I checked, I had a savings account in Fidelity Bank but I went their to apply for internet banking I was told that internet banking is meant for coperate account holders only but I only have a savings account with them while my coperate account is with GTB, can somebody let me know if they have reversed that stupid policy cause it made me abandon the account.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by aglomar: 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
Try Esoe Microfin Bank. Ha ha
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by sholatech(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
GTB is one of the best, but definitely not the best. But they have built a very good brand, and most people want to associate with. I hardly use my accounts there again, except for receiving my dollar inflows! Most banks have similar internet banking platforms, but not well marketed. There is also lots of GTB website phishing going on. I also observed in the past 1-month, most instant payments I made to GTbank accounts are delayed for days or don't even go. But when I ask recipients for First Bank, Diamond Bank etc, the instant pay goes on seamlessly.

GTB is trying to go full retail banking using electronic platforms and leaving brick & mortal banking, but we still have years to get to this.
The only thing I commend GTBank for is that most cities I've gone, their ATM works 24/7!
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by ekpriobong(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
Pls what does it take to have a functional GTB MasterCard for all online transactions after opening an a/c with them? Again, how much is it to open a Dom a/c with them? Responses highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by muyoto: 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
First bank is clearly the best. They could do with a more user friendly interface though.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by DanG1(m): 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
GT BANK has been the best, have been in over 15 countries now and i have no single issue, and all my different accounts are on same platform and all the naira accounts attached to one master card. Internet banking very okay and fast. It just made life easy. I don't know why you are having issues but try send a mail to them and demand instant attention
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Seun(m): 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
And there's nowhere else to run to.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by sizzlers(m): 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
the problem is temporal, GTB rocks
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by CHRISDGRT: 11:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
no e-banking more reliable in Nigeria other than GTBANK, I JUST DISCOVERED TODAY THAT THEY JUST ADDED MORE SECURITY TO ONLINE BANKERS NOW YOU WILL NOT NEED ONLY YOUR TOKEN TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION BUT YOU HAVE TO ENTER A CONFIRMATION CODE GENERATED AND SEND TO YOUR PROFILED PHONE NUMBER. THIS GUYS ARE REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF E-BANKING
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by nekyluch(f): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
I have had several awful experiences in GTB particulary with those their rude staff in Asaba branch.Gtb management should better do something because they will loose most of their customers.I have had several bad experiences but today was the height of it all.I thank God they are other banks that are ready for business if GTB is not ready to train their staff on customer service.The system downtime in the branch today lasted till almost the whole day.The problem was not even the downtime but the attitude of those their tellers & the operation manager who made it look as if they were doing us favour for keeping our money with them.I regreted the day opened my account with Gtb.You need to see what their customers went through yet none of the staff found it courteous to even address the customers or even seek for an alternative measure to resolve the issue at hand.You need to see how they were talking to their customers who dared ask questions on why they should be kept waiting all these while.Gosh!! I have account in diamond bank and I always dream of going there cos I always feel like a king each time I step my feet into that bank.I hope their system comes up tomorrow cos I am rushing there to clear my money in that useless bank cos it seems GTB now has plenty customers that they don't need us again.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by souleymon(m): 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
I use,Gtbank,1st bank and Skye banking internet bank.
I do get regular scam email from gt,but not from the two.
1st bank is more secured,while skye doesnt require a token,but a code which expires monthly.
1st bank limits password/transaction usage to 3mths.
Multiple login from diff Ip for 1st bank brings abt password reset.
I pick my 1st ahead Gtb,cos gtbank,notifies n posts late
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Chrisages: 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
Hello guys, i need a little help here. I can't access my gtbank internet banking, and i don't knw the cause of the problem, it keeps on telling me that my session timed out that i need to log in to access my account, it has been like this since yesterday and up till now i can't access it, i even made an effort by sending my complaint to the custormer care and they haven't replied me up till now, pls anyone knows a solution to the problem?
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by poweredcom(m): 11:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
WELCOME TO THE E BANKING AND CASHLESS SOCIETY HAHA NAIJA FOR YOU,
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by humanhair1: 11:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Dual Core:

Actually I am not thinking of ditching GTBank, I just need a backup e-banking service.

GTBank's Naira Mastercard has failed me on some occasions for my daily credit card transactions online and I use Zenith's websurefer which is a very reliable backup and has never failed me on a place where its known to have worked other times.

One, brother.
Same with me.Their mastercard just failed me again.The $5 Zenith removes for deposit is my problem.I have opened Access.Access has all these facility as well.I have not started using them though.

Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by jephiano: 12:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Got to digress a little. @ Dual Core and Moshoodn, thanks for humbly and maturely handling the situation that could have degenerated into another yab-fest. Nairaland needs more of this. Kudos guys.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by FEMARY1: 12:12am On Mar 08, 2012
Dual Core:

One, brother.
Same with me.Their mastercard just failed me again.The $5 Zenith removes for deposit is my problem.I have opened Access.Access has all these facility as well.I have not started using them though.

Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by ogbongzky(m): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2012
Same here. Cant transfer since yesterday and when I went to the bank today, was told its a network issue. Some guys are even busy sending Fake VERIFICATION emails which I shared here: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2012/03/gtbank-compulsory-verification-is-scam.html
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by jjjkkkooo: 3:56am On Mar 08, 2012
I had a bitter experience yesterday when GTB kept us for 3 hrs waiting to pay VISA fee. They messed up d whole day for me. They really need to put their house in order.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by KayDee4: 4:02am On Mar 08, 2012
GTB **smh**

For me, it been a long standing problem. I can't use my MC twice in a day. After the first transaction, everything else declines and its embarrassment upon embarrassment until the next day. I didn't use my account for 3 weeks and they deactivated it, I just noticed ystdy morning. Na wa ohhhhh

But I still like them anyway, the other local bank I use  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed , on a good bad day, the card doesn't even respond to network.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by JAZES(m): 4:21am On Mar 08, 2012
GT bank internet banking platform made things really difficult for me
yesterday but over all, i think they are still d best.

Kay-Dee:

GTB **smh**

For me, it been a long standing problem. I can't use my MC twice in a day. After the first transaction, everything else declines and its embarrassment upon embarrassment until the next day. I didn't use my account for 3 weeks and they deactivated it, I just noticed ystdy morning. Na wa ohhhhh

But I still like them anyway, the other local bank I use  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed , on a good bad day, the card doesn't even respond to network.

My broda, try UBA Africard and your life will never remain d same. No downtime and i get all my transaction
online go through hassle free.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by H4ckice: 4:33am On Mar 08, 2012
, Time 2 hack, Winkx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors / CBN Spends N281bn To Print New Notes In 5 Years / Naira Depreciates To N1,180/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.