Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy (14924 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Warning!warning!warning! On Gtbank Ebanking / Ebanking And Customer Satisfaction In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by kesoyin: 4:44am On Mar 08, 2012
Stick with your GTB for now. This tech is still new in Nigeria, so u mut understand that all banks while trying to offer online service will have challenges. My professional advice is stay with GTB "for now", FirstBank is getting there, but in terms of expertise and service delivery, GTB is still yourbest BET!!! Cheers.
P/S Dont forget that you are still in Nigeria!! grin
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Yankeeboi: 5:20am On Mar 08, 2012
I am frustrated with Zennith debit mastercard,i loaded it with lot of money thinking i can use it while in Canada.

I had been to four different banks, all are rejecting my zennith and Fidelity visa card.

Does this happened to anyone please? I had used it couple of times while in Lagos.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by gidig(m): 5:48am On Mar 08, 2012
GTBank has become a victim of its own success. The number of people who have moved from other banks to GTBank as a result of Sanusi's policies has been responsible for the banks many challenges. I am still shocked that they are not trying to open up new branches to cope with the crowd. Even their e banking is being affected. They had a down time yesterday, which i noticed too but i think it came back on. They just need to deal with the crowd. its beginning to affect their operations. Every branch is crowded now and i cant go back to the crappy 1980s banking ideology of some Nigerian banks i was subjected to before finding GTBank.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by KayDee4: 6:03am On Mar 08, 2012
JAZES:

GT bank internet banking platform made things really difficult for me
yesterday but over all, i think they are still d best.

My broda, try UBA Africard and your life will never remain d same. No downtime and i get all my transaction
online go through hassle free.

UBA ? ?  shocked shocked Never .  I abandoned my account with them many years ago (after some horrible experiences) and I'm neva going back there.  angry angry . This topic reminds me of UBA cos that's the way I used to describe them, "lousy" .  grin

Yankeeboi:

I am frustrated with Zennith debit mastercard,i loaded it with lot of money thinking i can use it while in Canada.

I had been to four different banks, all are rejecting my zennith and Fidelity visa card.

Does this happened to anyone please? I had used it couple of times while in Lagos.

That's why the GT Mastercard still stands above them.
I was actually referring to Zenith Bank when I said, the card doesn't respond to network, foreign ATMs dont recognize it most of the time, I stopped trying over a year ago so I dont know if its improved.

Now I just stick to my BoA card and try the GT MC occasionally, if it works good and if it doesn't, I've got back up.  cheesy cheesy
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by ochallo: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2012
i applied for the internet banking platform, got my token and all only to open it and then discover another name on my platform, i dont even know if this is my account with another name or someone's else , i just closed everything and forgot about it, because i am presently not in nigeria.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by sunny2011: 7:06am On Mar 08, 2012
I use gtb platform smtimes but never experience such problem. But I have experience it with ZIB. I want to believe it is a temporary set back that will be resolve. Nigeria is evolving, no thanks to undeveloped\poor infrastructures. All over lagos today some of the POS, deployed by banks are failing to connect. 'ego better'
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by darqly(m): 7:25am On Mar 08, 2012
I use GTB, FBN and FCMB and I think I'd rank them in that order. Lately though, GT has left me in dire straits to the point that even their atms failed to dispense cash! FBN's FIRSTonline has NEVER been offline for me, oddly enough, but I don't do any meaningful transaction on the platform. FCMBonline is my darling for interbank transfers locally, I've had about 95percent success in my transactions with them. I think GTBank hasn't come to terms with the number of customers they currently have and will keep struggling if they remain in denial.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by lucabraski(f): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2012
Why not try Mainstreet bank, former Afribank and u would know the real meaning of FRUSTRATION.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 08, 2012
so whats up with the internet banking? still down?
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by lourash(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2012

send a mail to true.serve@fidelitybankplc.com or channels.management@fidelitybankplc.com am sure you will get instant help. i have done that and they helped. i don't know much about Zenith though
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by geeez: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2012
There are only two banks in Nigeria, FIRST BANK and the rest.

I used to think it was an old generation bank but to my chagrin, they have about the youngest and most brilliant people in te industry. There's a 33yr old GM who became a GM at 29. Where else does that happen? Even the MD of FBN Capital that died recently was just 45.

Their technology is far superior to any other bank's technology I've interfaced with and they are very innovative. They were justified to have won THE MOST INNOVATIVE BANK IN AFRICA 2011 beating banks like Standard Bank, South Africa.

They alo rarely have down times and give loans and the best rates within the shortest times.

THEY ARE TRULY THE FIRST , BY FAR
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by ugoodeguy: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2012
If you think GTBank is lousy, then try other banks,
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by God2man(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2012
What is happening this morning? Is it still bad? Are they on-line now? Anybody with good information should assist. Thanks and God bless. God2man.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by babyoy(f): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2012
try Union bank, it is also reliable and efficient.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by chakaz(m): 9:58am On Mar 08, 2012
Its so frustrating how it could be that you ll be hoping on smthing and the end of the day, it ll make u look like a lier. I was at the access bank yesterday to transfer sm money but was told that the person cannot get it untill monday. I ve been wondering what could be the problem that will take them close to one week to resolve. I'm about going to the bank now to try a transation I failed to execute yesterday bcs of the network nonsense.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by scopusng(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2012
God2man:

What is happening this morning? Is it still bad? Are they on-line now? Anybody with good information should assist. Thanks and God bless. God2man.

Gtbank online banking is working this morning.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by studyineu: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2012
Yea, GTBank internet banking is back online, I just transferred funds right noe
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by hardbody: 10:54am On Mar 08, 2012
GTBank is working this morning. I have paid out money severally to various other accounts and third party banks. GTB is the bank jooo, O super!!!
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by feasy1(m): 11:06am On Mar 08, 2012
GTBank is the bank?? after 48 hours of hassles, I wasted lot of airtime calling the customer care, the agents I spoke with earlier didnt bother to tell me they were having technical difficulties, some pple said they were upgrading?? during the week? shopping for a back up option now
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 08, 2012
Have fun guys
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by chioma134: 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
All these people here saying GTBank is the best,did the bank pay you to advertise for them? I've used GTBank for 2 years myself but I've not seen any difference from other banks in their services. I still receive late alerts,I've had ATM issues which was solved just pretty much d same way other banks would have,and I've encountered some rude staff.
In my opinion,GTBank is overhyped. I've not used their ebanking though cos I don't trust them or any Nigerian bank for that matter.
@op,try First Bank. U'll be surprised.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by othenok(f): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
funny enof i ve been using Enterprise Mobile for all my local transfers, bill payment etc. They ve nefa failed me o! gtb crowd cares d hell out of me.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
I lost so many customers in my cafe yesterday cos i couldn't effect transfer through their lousy, incompetent server administrator administered system.

GTShit
and who gets to pay for the loss. ME.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Chrisages: 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
Am jst fraustrated, can't still logon into my gtbank internet platform, it keeps on tellin me session time out that i need to re-login, anytime i tried it keeps sayin the same thing, what the hick is wrong with gtbank, am jst a new customer not even up to a month, and i need to activate my master card pretty very soon, cos i need it ugently, goosh it's davastating
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by danidon: 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
Why all the sentiments. The real banks don't make noise about their services. Their services speaks for them.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Elizadath: 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ tumababa, u mst be out of ur mind to mentn OND/IT . Who ar you? Ar u better? Empty barrel.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by dezevic: 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2012
GT my foot. I wonder how u guys cope with that lousy bank. undecided
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Ayowumie(m): 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
Chrisages:

Am jst fraustrated, can't still logon into my gtbank internet platform, it keeps on tellin me session time out that i need to re-login, anytime i tried it keeps sayin the same thing, what the hick is wrong with gtbank, am jst a new customer not even up to a month, and i need to activate my master card pretty very soon, cos i need it ugently, goosh it's davastating
webdezzi:

I lost so many customers in my cafe yesterday cos i couldn't effect transfer through their lousy, incompetent server administrator administered system.

GTShit
and who gets to pay for the loss. ME.

Please, use diamond bank. The only delay you are likely to experience is that it takes about a week for them to create the platform for you.

I used my online platform to manage and transfer funds from 2 different accounts to any bank account that is on NUBAN. Banking has never been this easy.
The only issue I seem to have with Diamond Bank is that, you cant buy fx using your online platform but you can transfer from you dom account to your naira account.
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
its like GT reset all internet banking passwords? tried logging in with mine kept telling me i was wrong. then i used the password reminder feature by supplying my secret phrase. But the password that was emailed to me was strange yet worked!

Any one with that experience?
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2012
no, they did not reset passwords. they seem to have a group of incompetent and inexperienced administrator who have little regard for the word "Live" server

you dont update a live server without prior notification
same right now, Day 6, still down
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by dgenuisreborn(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2012
i concur
Re: Gtbank Ebanking Is Becoming Lousy by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2012
webdezzi: no, they did not reset passwords. they seem to have a group of incompetent and inexperienced administrator who have little regard for the word "Live" server

you dont update a live server without prior notification
same right now, Day 6, still down
Can you please break this down Do you mean server software updates which disregard previous changes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner / We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors / Naira Depreciates To N1,180/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.