Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (16028 Views)

National Assembly Set For Showdown With Buhari / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 1:58am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

All this talk and yip yapping about breaking Nigeria is around the oil revenue. I mean let's be serious. There are laws
that govern Nigeria and they should be followed. The government does not have the right to redistribute the oil from
on-shore drilling  and this means apart from taxes, the Fg should not touch any of it.  The Northerners should not ask for it either.
And for the off shore drilling, it should be redistributed to the whole country since it is the territory of the Nigerian' government. And the Fg
is the only one that should determine how to do so.
Now certain people want it all. They want the Northerners to be completely deprived of any resource from oil drilling. If they had to decide
the North would not get 1 penny from oil just because they live close to the "Sahara".
There are laws, let's apply them. These conferences are all bullshit.

+ 10
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

All this talk and yip yapping about breaking Nigeria is around the oil revenue. I mean let's be serious. There are laws
that govern Nigeria and they should be followed. The government does not have the right to redistribute the oil from
on-shore drilling  and this means apart from taxes, the Fg should not touch any of it.  The Northerners should not ask for it either.
And for the off shore drilling, it should be redistributed to the whole country since it is the territory of the Nigerian' government. And the Fg
is the only one that should determine how to do so.
Now certain people want it all. They want the Northerners to be completely deprived of any resource from oil drilling. If they had to decide
the North would not get 1 penny from oil just because they live close to the "Sahara".
There are laws, let's apply them. These conferences are all bullshit.

I know someone who grows laws on his guinea corn farm; his wife makes laws with kuli kuli and his cows invent laws every time they shyte.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by tedben(m): 2:05am On Mar 08, 2012
How can u say that the need for a sovereign national congress is bullshit. Nigeria if u have a short memory was forced into existence because of oil;then palm oil later crude oil. we have not sat down to commune as a people about our existence. A SNC is not a declaration of separation. it is a platform  for all Nigerians to sit and plan the future of this country, If the FG is scared of a SNC then it means there is something amiss. Truth be told some people have benefited more from this lie we call Nigeria, without a SNC, this nation will be sitting on a keg of gun-powder,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 2:09am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

I know someone who grows laws on his guinea corn farm; his wife makes laws with kuli kuli and his cows invent laws every time they shyte.
Then your friend will come in handy. smiley
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:10am On Mar 08, 2012
tedben:

How can u say that the need for a sovereign national congress is bullshit. Nigeria if u have a short memory was forced into existence because of oil;then palm oil later crude oil. we have not sat down to commune as a people about our existence. A SNC is not a declaration of separation. it is a platform  for all Nigerians to sit and plan the future of this country, If the FG is scared of a SNC then it means there is something amiss. Truth be told some people have benefited more from this lie we call Nigeria, without a SNC, this nation will be sitting on a keg of gun-powder,

get your facts right, Nigeria was never forced together because of Palm oil. or crude Oil

The reason why we are tolerating each other now is because of Crude oil; But as you can see we have gotten to the breaking point but the Igbo leaders are not talking

I want SNC fast so we do not kill ourselves because of vanity.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:16am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

Then your friend will come in handy. smiley

Fortunately for me, he is more your friend and is recognised as my enemy. No country is built on the principles of cuckoo land and imaginary laws to reward indolence.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:18am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

get your facts right, Nigeria was never forced together because of Palm oil. or crude Oil

The reason why we are tolerating each other now is because of Crude oil; But as you can see we have gotten to the breaking point but the Igbo leaders are not talking

I want SNC fast so we do not kill ourselves because of vanity.

thank God they are not, your looking for scape goat. the south south is leading the call for it and yorubas should support them , out of 250 ethnic groups i dont see why you want to involve igbos in the frontline.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 2:19am On Mar 08, 2012
tedben:

Why not use the institutions in place? What tells you that this SNC will be able to solve the problems? Why Nigeria has a congress in the first
place if it is not to discuss these issues?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

thank God they are not, your looking for scape goat. the south south is leading the call for it and yorubas should support them , out of 250 ethnic groups i dont see why you want to involve igbos in the frontline.

Igbos don't need to be at the forforth, It is clear the middle belt, ss, sw and north are ready, what are you doing ?

Are you in support or against ?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 2:22am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Fortunately for me, he is more your friend and is recognised as my enemy. No country is built on the principles of cuckoo land and imaginary laws to reward indolence.
recognized by you?For the rest I agree but is it the case of Nigeria?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:23am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

Igbos don't need to be at the forforth, It is clear the middle belt, ss, sw and north are ready, what are you doing ?

Are you in support or against ?

igbos will ever be ready stop this your stupid propaganda. besides pat utomi who is seems to be heading the call for it is Igbo.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:24am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

Why not use the institutions in place? What tells you that this SNC will be able to solve the problems? Why Nigeria has a congress in the first
place if it is not to discuss these issues?

Institutions put in place by a fake "huge" population that needs bolstering on voting day with legions of kids, some as young as six.
The true population size will be laid bare before 2015. cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/423419_childVoter_jpga0121e13767e398d906505a90b2c5b0b
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:25am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

igbos will ever be ready stop this your silly propaganda. besides pat utomi who is seems to be heading the call for it is Igbo.

Pat Utomi NEVER MENTIONED himself as a representative of Igbos or did he ?

I am talking like Ohaneze since Afenifere, Arewa and Niger-delta have spoken, where is Ohaneze in all this ?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:26am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Institutions put in place by a fake "huge" population that needs bolstering on voting day with legions of kids, some as young as six.
The true population size will be laid bare before 2015. cool

Dude that was the election and it is over, is it not about time you move on ?

Moreover both parties rigged or did something legal so what is your point ?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:27am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

recognized by you?For the rest I agree but is it the case of Nigeria?

Lol!
Anyone who does not recognise my enemy is my enemy.
Very simple rule that never goes wrong.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by tedben(m): 2:27am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

Study your history we were amalgated so the british would have complete control of our oil revenue, it was palm oil then, better go and and do ur study,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:29am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

Pat Utomi NEVER MENTIONED himself as a representative of Igbos or did he ?

I am talking like Ohaneze since Afenifere, Arewa and Niger-delta have spoken, where is Ohaneze in all this ?

hahhaha so thats the new cowardly approach after the north threatened to take kwara and kogi? even a baby knows that igbos have always been ready keep fooling yourself.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by cfours: 2:30am On Mar 08, 2012
una ibo peeps no dey tire.
every minute you must create a hausa bashing topic or a yoruba bashing topic.
dem swear for your mama?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:32am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

hahhaha so thats the new cowardly approach after the north threatened to take kwara and kogi? even a baby knows that igbos have always been ready keep fooling yourself.

If you are ready but cannot talk is that not very very cowardly of you all ?

BTW, what are your views on the offshore oil fields Nigeria own after the split ?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:33am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

Dude that was the election and it is over, is it not about time you move on ?

Moreover both parties rigged or did something legal so what is your point ?

Did you see kids voting in any other part of Nigeria or grass now growing in your head?
The deception those kids represent is what the core-North calls its huge population. Kids make up between a quarter and half of core-Northern voters, Chadians, Nigeriens, Camerounians, Sudanese etc make up another quarter at least.
What this implies is that we can cut the official census figures of the North by half (at least) without shaking.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-977eaXSlNTU/TarV0vHhilI/AAAAAAAABeM/ccQlw05Hrqw/s1600/Abuja-underage.jpg[/img]
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by cfours: 2:34am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Did you see kids voting in any other part of Nigeria or grass now growing in your head?
The deception those kids represent is what the core-North calls its huge population. Kids make up between a quarter and half of core-Northern voters, Chadians, Nigeriens, Camerounians, Sudanese etc make up another quarter at least.
What this implies is that we can cut the official census figures of the North by half (at least) without shaking.

at least it's more creative than the ballot box stuffing tactic used in iboland.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 2:36am On Mar 08, 2012
This is why the North is miles ahead of the South politically. They've already set up committees in readiness for eventual restructuring of the country whereas Southerners will just sleep at night, wake up in the morning and shout SNC with no plans nor direction.  undecided
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:36am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Yes it was done, but so did the south rigged. We cannot explain the sudden increase of population in the South.

c.fours:

at least it's more creative than the ballot box stuffing tactic used in iboland.

not necessary, let not result to another tribal thread
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by cfours: 2:37am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

Yes it was done, but so did the south rigged. We cannot explain the sudden increase of population in the South.

not necessary, let not result to another tribal thread

what? you don't think this is already a tribal thread?
think again, bro.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:37am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

If you are ready but cannot talk is that not very very cowardly of you all ?

BTW, what are your views on the offshore oil fields Nigeria own after the split ?

whatever, offshore oil belongs to the people/nations located there in the even of a break up.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 2:38am On Mar 08, 2012
As for on-shore/off-shore oil is concerned, states can only lay claim to on-shore resources. Whatever we have off-shore is Nigerians. If you want off-shore for yourself, secede peacefully or fight a war. This is not even a debate.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Mar 08, 2012
Obiagu1:

This is why the North is miles ahead of the South politically. They've already set up committee in readiness for eventual restructuring of the country whereas Southerners will just sleep at night, wake up in the morning and shout SNC with no plans nor direction.  undecided

The structure in the north is different from the south.

It is clear that the country would divide to atleast 3 unless we divide more

Now the North has set up a committee

The Yorubas have set up a committee which inculded the kwara, edo and kogi (I am sure Itsekiris we join in)

What is the SE doing now ?

Why is Ohaneze not talking about SNC ?

What of the SE governors ? etc these are the questions we should answer
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:41am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

whatever, offshore oil belongs to the people/nations located there in the even of a break up.

How do you mean ? do you draw a line offshore or something ?

Moreover it is most likely the offshore oil is divided
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by tedben(m): 2:42am On Mar 08, 2012
c.fours:

Northerners re the most crafty and wicked of all the peoples in Nigeria, i bet if they were to be these southern states they would ve seceded from this nation, and with all their craftiness they re the most impoverished, their own leaders dont even care about them, yet they wont be sensible,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:43am On Mar 08, 2012
Obiagu1:

As for on-shore/off-shore oil is concerned, states can only lay claim to on-shore resources. Whatever we have off-shore is Nigerians. If you want off-shore for yourself, secede peacefully or fight a war. This is not even a debate.

We should not fight a war until it is the very last option both parties need to take (aka who has the bigger gun) although it is very primitive to fight a war because of offshore oil

I am sure we would reach an agreement. I JUST HOPE THIS GEJ DOES THIS SNC before he leaves.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:45am On Mar 08, 2012
tedben:

Northerners re the most crafty and wicked of all the peoples in Nigeria, i bet if they were to be these southern states they would ve seceded from this nation, and with all their craftiness they re the most impoverished, their own leaders dont even care about them, yet they wont be sensible,

Why are you insulting northerner ? dude to each his own, stop calling a whole group of people wicked because we are not any better, I mean both yoruba and igbo.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:45am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

The structure in the north is different from the south.

It is clear that the country would divide to atleast 3 unless we divide more

Now the North has set up a committee

The Yorubas have set up a committee which inculded the[b] kwara,[/b] edo and[b] kogi[/b] (I am sure Itsekiris we join in)

What is the SE doing now ?

Why is Ohaneze not talking about SNC ?

What of the SE governors ? etc these are the questions we should answer

which kwara and kogi? the ones the north have claimed, anyway the east have also set up a cmomitteee led by secetary ohaneze ndigbo Ben Nwabueze and Obi of onitsha among others the south south also have their committee so stop chatting rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nobody Stopped Me From Travelling Abroad - Gov Bello / Lawyer Files Suit At ECOWAS, High Courts To Compel Arrest Of Arewa Youth Leaders / APC NEC Meeting: Governors To Stop Plot To Use State Chairmen Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.