Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (16025 Views)

National Assembly Set For Showdown With Buhari / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:46am On Mar 08, 2012
Before 2015, the official population of the core-North will drop drastically.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 2:46am On Mar 08, 2012
@Alh.

Why do you want to kill an interesting thread with your silliness?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:47am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

which kwara and kogi? the ones the north have claimed, anyway the east have also set up a cmomitteee led by secetary ohaneze ndigbo Ben Nwabueze and Obi of onitsha among others the south south also have their committee so stop chatting rubbish.

Do you mean the one set up by Asari Dokubo with the middle belt ?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:47am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

How do you mean ? do you draw a line offshore or something ?

Moreover it is most likely the offshore oil is divided
first of all offshore oi have nothing to do with the north, middlebelt or southeast , it is left for the southwest and southsouth or rather ijaw,itshekiri,yoruba,ibibio/efik to define their offshore boundries.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by tedben(m): 2:47am On Mar 08, 2012
I am not here to stir any controversy. Before we start tackling national issues we should first ensure that our state governors re accountable to us.Even with what they have they do nothing with it.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:48am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Before 2015, the official population of the core-North will drop drastically.

you wan kill them ? shocked
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:48am On Mar 08, 2012
bashr8:

first of all offshore oi have nothing to do with the north, middlebelt or southeast , it is left for the southwest and southsouth or rather ijaw,itshekiri,yoruba,ibibio/efik to define their offshore boundries.

i suppose smiley
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 2:49am On Mar 08, 2012
Obiagu1:

@Alh.

Why do you want to kill an interesting thread with your silliness?

In what sense ?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bashr8: 2:49am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

Do you mean the one set up by Asari Dokubo with the middle belt ?

your a fool and deserve no other response.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by cfours: 2:50am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

The Yorubas have set up a committee which inculded the kwara, edo and kogi (I am sure Itsekiris we join in)

It included representatives from yoruba speaking parts of Kwara, Edo and Kogi states.
we have no control over the hausa parts of that states neither should we want it. I like the analogy of the trojan horse that a poster used on a different thread. why would we want to include hausas representatives in a yoruba-centric committee?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 2:50am On Mar 08, 2012
Before any review of the revenue formula will come into effect, a new serious census will be conducted. If the North are banking on their fake population statistics, they will be shocked.

The ball in now in our court. The opportunity is ours.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by cfours: 2:51am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

some of these peoples' posts are really just daydreams and fairy-tales. you can only laugh and ignore such comments.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 2:56am On Mar 08, 2012
alj harem:

There is no need to kill anybody. They have the lowest population in Nigeria and it will be proven.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 3:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

Lol!
Anyone who does not recognise my enemy is my enemy.
Very simple rule that never goes wrong.
But one that limits your options by boxing yourself into different situations. Its like "you are either
with me or against me". It doesn't always work like that.
Nobody that "cares enough" about the future of Nigeria would deny the necessity for change. But a SNC
will not solve those issues. You can go along and organize one but in the future more problems would arise
as it often does in any nation, will you organize another SNC?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by aljharem(m): 3:02am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

There is no need to kill anybody. They have the lowest population in Nigeria and it will be proven.

and who has the highest ? lol grin grin
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 3:02am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

But one that limits your options by boxing yourself into different situations. Its like "you are either
Nobody that "cares enough" about the future of Nigeria would deny the necessity for change. But a SNC
will not solve those issues. You can go along and organize one but in the future more problems would arise

So you mean to say that Nigeria is fine as she is now, right?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 3:05am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

you already have one southerner in power, isn't it enough?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 3:15am On Mar 08, 2012
Obiagu1:

So you mean to say that Nigeria is fine as she is now, right?
Nope, I really believe giving more power to the states will make this country better. Its not the
case right now. Corruption is a huge problem and its not only in Nigeria. The only way to get
rid of it is by reducing of the Fg. All of this can be done trough congress. Now if you believe in a
SNC , go ahead an do one, but it will fails. You already have different factions organizing, setting
up committees to protect their interests as if it was a war.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Onlytruth(m): 3:42am On Mar 08, 2012
Only the UN can conduct a census that would be acceptable to all Nigerians. This is the sad fact.
Even the UN will face tough challenges producing a credible census in Nigeria, but at least the UN would be an outsider (hopefully) with no local interests.
We cannot have this conference without proper representation, and we cannot have proper representation without a credible census.
Nigeria is truly fkced up. sad
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 4:17am On Mar 08, 2012
Nigeria can produce a credible census but we will really spend to achieve that. UN could be observers.
Census is not beyond us.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 4:34am On Mar 08, 2012
Credible census in Nigeria is impossible. Too many vested interests.

Only way we'll know the true population of the various pieces of Nigeria is if they are not in the same country
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 4:43am On Mar 08, 2012
ekt_bear:

Credible census in Nigeria is impossible. Too many vested interests.

Only way we'll know the true population of the various pieces of Nigeria is if they are not in the same country

I wonder if two persons could have the same 10 finger prints.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 5:05am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

Nope, I really believe giving more power to the states will make this country better. Its not the
case right now. Corruption is a huge problem and its not only in Nigeria. The only way to get
rid of it is by reducing of the Fg. All of this can be done trough congress. Now if you believe in a
SNC , go ahead an do one, but it will fails. You already have different factions organizing, setting
up committees to protect their interests as if it was a war.

Let everybody prepare for war then, because those who bear the cross of funding the contraption can take it no more.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Beaf: 5:08am On Mar 08, 2012
Omarbah:

But one[b] that limits[/b] your options by boxing yourself into different situations. Its like "you are either

There is no limit to the fight for freedom. Those who wear the shoe know where it pinches (you might understand if you have ever turned on the tap only for oil to come out with a foul smell).

As for organising another SNC, when the Americans wrote their first constitution, it wasn't good enough so they wrote another just 6 years later (after 27 amendments).
It is never enough until you've got it right. Look where trying again has got the US.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by nduchucks: 6:06am On Mar 08, 2012
[size=24pt]CHECKMATE[/size] cool

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Omarbah: 6:10am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

There is no limit to the fight for freedom. Those who wear the shoe know where it pinches (you might understand if you have ever turned on the tap only for oil to come out with a foul smell).

As for organising another SNC, when the Americans wrote their first constitution, it wasn't good enough so they wrote another just 6 years later (after 27 amendments).
It is never enough until you've got it right. Look where trying again has got the US.
I was talking about limits with respect to what you said about recognizing enemies.
Anyway, that is not the issue here. What worries about this SNC is what will happen if
they do not come to an agreement? The Americans only wanted to set up a better federal
government. In the case of Nigerians, they want to know how the oil will be shared. Maybe Sharia law
will be another issue but we'll see. But the main one remains "Oil". And when I see some comments, boy
its scary because some of these politicians might have more radical positions.  sad
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 8:01am On Mar 08, 2012
Obiagu1:

I wonder if two persons could have the same 10 finger prints.

You miss the point.

From a technology POV, of course, you can detect duplicates.

But how do you ensure that the technology is used, and more importantly fake numbers aren't just made up?

Where will the political will for this come from?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by austinsmat(m): 8:11am On Mar 08, 2012
that's why Ojukwu will still remain nigeria hero and igbo remain nigerian jews, Ikemba is the man that saw tomorrow what he fought for still remain call it national confrence or SNC this nation can never see unity and love until nigeria accept his idealogy nigerian can never see peace and can never progress until they agree on what he and igbos fight of (on aburi we stand) Gowon makes SS believe that igbos are the enemy thank God now that they eyes are open to see their real enemy asiri Dukobo and co. Has said it all that their parent makes them hate igbos but this time around table have turn they want allies with igbo, but it can't work now let them fight the war igbos fought in sixties for they mistakes
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by PointB: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
Any conference that will allow the Niger Delta, and other oil producing regions/states to use their resources to develop their region/state the same way oil was used to develop Abuja (in the North), I will lend my support.

It will be ironic, and indeed very sad if when the oil finally runs out, the Niger Deltans will still be paddling old wooden canoes on oily creek in despondence. This is what every justice seeking Nigerian should aim to prevent.

SNC, true federalism, and resource control! On Aburi we stand!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by chei: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
Bla bla bla. . . As if a SNC will solve our collective problems. Gov Aliyu is right deepwater resources and any revenues from it solely belong to the FG like tax, import duties etc.
Southern Nigerians are too selfish and sentimental
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ddaji(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2012
The southerners are real coward and noisemakers.They are talk about SNC for long,now that north is ready for break up they silent.The concern of the north is not derivation just peaceful end of this fake marriage called ''Nigeria''.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Audio Of $3M Conversation Between Lawan & Otedola (Part 2) / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. / Restructuring: 100 Yoruba Groups Meet In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.