Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (16027 Views)

National Assembly Set For Showdown With Buhari / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Dede1(m): 4:53am On Mar 09, 2012
I support the idea of SBC (sovereign breakup conference) for Nigeria not the foolish talk about SNC and idiotic federalism. However, I detest the idea of southern republic of Nigeria. My first or last option stays with Republic of Igbo land because I do not want any malnourished nitwit to accuse Ndigbo of scheming to take over his or her land and crude oil beneath it. After all, Japan has no crude oil and leads big in technology. If the Ndigbo can not make it without crude oil, let all of us perish for goodness sake.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 4:59am On Mar 09, 2012
Dede1:

I support the idea of SBC (sovereign breakup conference) for Nigeria not the foolish talk about SNC and idiotic federalism. However, I detest the idea of southern republic of Nigeria. My first or last option stays with Republic of Igbo land because I do not want any malnourished nitwit to accuse Ndigbo of scheming to take over his or her land and crude oil beneath it. After all, Japan has no crude oil and leads big in technology. If the Ndigbo can not make it without crude oil, let all of us perish for goodness sake.

Seconded!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Even Burundi.

Lmao.

i'm choking with laughter here cheesy grin

Maybe laughter is the only thing that can keep one from crying cry cry

I think Nigeria is doing this poorly in the ratings as a result of the North. Should there be a South Nigeria (although I'm seriously against it), we'd be trouncing all those African countries in the HDI tables.
However, the things you've posted do not change the fact that Equatorial Guinea is a complete hell-hole at the moment, ruled by a dictator with absolute powers. Did you follow my links? People are getting slaughtered there for speaking their mind. All the so-called cash is controlled by the man and his family. His son is ALSO a minister, and goes around blowing cash like there's no tomorrow. Atleast we don't have that happening in Nigeria.
I know it's become fashionable to paint Nigeria with any brush we can find; it's fashionable to say we'd be better off under Hitler, Mugabe and all the other craap leaders we can think of n' shiit; but there really comes a point where we should draw the line.
EG is an unrivaled African hell-hole. Let's just leave it there. No need for the unfounded comparisons.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by gidiMonsta(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Err.

Angola and Equitorial Guinea are WAYYYYY better than Nigeria is now. Regarding the rest, who cares? If the people demand independence and are willing to accept both the potential benefits and the risks, wetin concern you?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
EQ and Angola better than Nigeria You've got it twisted man, these countries are shit-holes. You need to visit some of these African countries to appreciate what we have here man.

ekt_bear:

So this is the Nigeria that you one-Nigerianists want to hold so badly onto?

A country with a lower literacy rate than Togo? grin Than Cameroon? Than Rwanda? Than the DRC? grin

Giant of Africa my azz

So does India and China, does that make any of these countries better than them?

Yujin:

@gidimonsta, your projection for the emerging nations is totally fallacious. These nations stand a better chance of developing than the present hell filled with hatred, suspicion, jealousy, inferiority/superiority complex, islamization agendum etc. Open your eyes. Gov. Theodore Orji's case is a tip on the iceberg for any criminally minded politician in Biafra. Biafra shall rival many european nations in development. Oodua republic shall also help redeem the dignity of the black man. For the others, I don't know.
I saw it coming. I only pray that our politicians will for once say and stand by the truth to avoid an unnecessary war. THIS EMPIRE MUST BE BALKANIZED IF WE MUST LIVE. The era of parasitism is over. Why don't these northern governors develop their solid minerals sector that is in their domain but rather prefer to spill blood for the deep sea oil resources? Laziness(parasitism) or deliberate provocation(whatever we want we can get; go and die for all we care)? May the time come, I can barely wait.

I think I'd rather expend my energy on making things right in Nigeria as a nation than living in a war torn 'BALKANIZED' country.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2012
gidiMonsta:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
EQ and Angola better than Nigeria You've got it twisted man, these countries are poo-holes. You need to visit some of these African countries to appreciate what we have here man.

So does India and China, does that make any of these countries better than them?

I think I'd rather expend my energy on making things right in Nigeria as a nation than living in a war torn 'BALKANIZED' country.

Thank you! grin
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by icez: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2012
When will the conference start? cool
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by niddamugu(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2012
icez:

When will the conference start? cool

It has already started here on NL. grin grin
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Vavavoom(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
While we are discussing this fervent need to redistribute our commonwealth shouldn't we revisit and ask the oligarchs from the north who apportioned oil blocks in the regimes of IBB and Abacha to include the good yielding offshore blocks like OML 110 (Cavendish Petroleum, owned by alhaji Mai Deribe awarded by Abacha for nothing?) How about OML 115 ( Oriental Energy, by IBB's in-law Alhaji Indimi)? How about the one run by Ado Bayero, Seplat Petroleum ( Asuokpu/Umutu fields) or would they prefer OPL 246 by TY Danjuma - the one he farmed out a portion and collected cool USD 1 Billion from CNOOC abi na OMLs 112/117 owned by the son in-law of Aburbakar the second Minna General, I could go on to include Rilwan Lukman (AFREN ENRGY) and co but the point is shouldn't these state owned assest gifted to these Owners of Nigeria be part of what we put up for discussion?

Nigeria, what a pity.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Yujin(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
@gidimonsta & Ejine, what do you have to say about vavavoom's comment. This is part of the things IBB & his cohorts will like to remain unchecked. Trying to fix this failure is an exercise in futility. I bet you guys are just average jejune-minded southerners. Pls, do more research on the northern elites. Your discovery will shock you. They milk the empire with reckless abandon and plough nothing back for the benefit of its citizens. They own oil wells & blocks but their region is poverty-stricken while the poor ones kill innocent people at the slightest provocation eg. maitatsine riots, ethno-religious riots, terrorism(boko haram), ethnic cleansing of the middlebelt tribes etc. Though ceteris paribus I would wish them well but not at me & my pples expense.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by NorthSharp(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Vavavoom:

While we are discussing this fervent need to redistribute our commonwealth shouldn't we revisit and ask the oligarchs from the north who apportioned oil blocks in the regimes of IBB and Abacha to include the good yielding offshore blocks like OML 110 (Cavendish Petroleum, owned by alhaji Mai Deribe awarded by Abacha for nothing?) How about OML 115 ( Oriental Energy, by IBB's in-law Alhaji Indimi)? How about the one run by Ado Bayero, Seplat Petroleum ( Asuokpu/Umutu fields) or would they prefer OPL 246 by TY Danjuma - the one he farmed out a portion and collected cool USD 1 Billion from CNOOC abi na OMLs 112/117 owned by the son in-law of Aburbakar the second Minna General, I could go on to include Rilwan Lukman (AFREN ENRGY) and co but the point is shouldn't these state owned assest gifted to these Owners of Nigeria be part of what we put up for discussion?

Nigeria, what a pity.

For all we ordinary Northerners care, after we achieve our ultimate goal of total separation from you through the SBC, YOUR ND MILITANTS SHOULD AMBUSH AND ASSASSINATE EACH ONE OF THE THIEVING RULING ELITE FROM THE NORTH, AND OTHER REGIONS, WHO WOULD CONTINUE TO CLAIM 'HIS' OIL WELL IN YOUR REGION.

We would NOT mourn them if your militants mutilate their worthless corpses and throw the pieces into your waters that they help to pollute so badly, through their insatiable greed for the transient things of the material world!

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by nduchucks: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2012
NorthSharp:

For all we ordinary Northerners care, after we achieve our ultimate goal of total separation from you through the SBC, YOUR ND MILITANTS SHOULD AMBUSH AND ASSASSINATE EACH ONE OF THE THIEVING RULING ELITE FROM THE NORTH, AND OTHER REGIONS, WHO WOULD CONTINUE TO CLAIM 'HIS' OIL WELL IN YOUR REGION.

We would NOT mourn them if your militants mutilate their worthless corpses and throw the pieces into your waters that they help to pollute so badly, through their insatiable greed for the transient things of the material world!

This SBC (word coined by Dede1, an unrepentant separatist) you guys are advocating will essentially land you in prison because of its treasonous nature. It does not take a rocket scientist to note that a peaceful breakup is impossible because of the complexities of the relationship between various interst groups in the country. Besides, this is the lazy man's way out. It is suicidal to call for SBC rather than working through the existing system to make a change.

Finally, calling for the murder of anyone is against both Islamic and Christian principles. I understand the frustration but violence is not the answer.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Vavavoom(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
NorthSharp:

@ NorthSharp, wouldn't it have been lovely if it was that simple? You will find at the behest of the northern oligarch are 'ordinary' northern men seeking survival and rankadedeing after crumbs. The north is o riled with feudal/caste system in which the oligarch sits atop the food chain. So my friend it will be a hard sell to try to 'delink' both classes - hell will freeze over before the oligarchs will let you, their cover and major bargaining regional chip go. When they shout and talk about resource allocation don't you recognize the first port of reference is population size? No kidding man, it is the way it is - a conundrum which benefits he status quo.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by manchy7531: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
FlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY land of the rising sun

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by EzeUche(m): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2012
Anambra has oil, Imo has oil, Abia has oil and I am sure Enugu and Ebonyi have hidden deposits.

Igboland will do just fine on our own, and we do not need oil either.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by EzeUche(m): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
I would prefer our nations look like this.

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Kilode1: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
Ezeuche, my brother. Where have you been?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by EzeUche(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
^^^

I have been preparing for the GMAT. Now I am back. cool
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Kilode1: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2012
^^^

Good. I wish you success bro.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Kabai: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2012
When someone says SNC, what echoes to me is the return of the real fight. I am only praying that the snc will bring that fight again. I have prayed so much of late, that the SNC will bring that long awaiting avenue where the whistle will be blown for the call that says 'TO THY TENT OH ISREAL'. No amount of preparatory meeting will stop this quite revolution. Of course, no military in the world can stop this change of which time is ripe. The northerners must leave us and go back to Niger where they belong.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by kinguwem: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2012
The major problem with the North is laziness and the classification of politics as a job. They don't desire western education but desire the benefits of western education. They cultured Boko Haram which is now their nemesis. There is no short cut to success. Those that fail to plan, plan to fail.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by noiseless: 1:27am On Mar 10, 2012
Now the parasite is scared, we will take back every oil blocks which were stolen by your thieving fathers through the use guns and command of tanks,it's only a matter of time, you might run but you can't hide. DR BOKO FRANKENSTEIN.
ndu_chucks:

This SBC (word coined by Dede1, an unrepentant separatist) you guys are advocating will essentially land you in prison because of its treasonous nature. It does not take a rocket scientist to note that a peaceful breakup is impossible because of the complexities of the relationship between various interst groups in the country. Besides, this is the lazy man's way out. It is suicidal to call for SBC rather than working through the existing system to make a change.

Finally, calling for the murder of anyone is against both Islamic and Christian principles. I understand the frustration but violence is not the answer.

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 10, 2012
This is kinda intriguing how the North, after all these years of mismanagement and bullying the rest of the country, still feels it has the right speak. Seriously, what does that part of the country contribute to the rest of the Nation? They need to shut it and sit down somewhere. Its not even like they (or most of their colleagues all over the country) have done anything with what theyve received in the past anyways so what are they talking about? In the event of a break-up the North should be the last region to ask for anything close to the Seas. Quite frankly, Im getting tired of the rest of the country trying to pacify them.

If anyone opposes true Federalism, break the damn Country up!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by nduchucks: 4:15am On Mar 10, 2012
noisebrainless:

Now the parasite is scared, we will take back every oil blocks which were stolen by your thieving fathers through the use guns and command of tanks,it's only a matter of time, you might run but you can't hide. DR BOKO FRANKENSTEIN.

Weaklings and Mosquitoes flex their muscles on the internet. You can keep your inland oil blocks and drill until you suck your land dry, for all I care. You however have no more claim on offshore resources than any other Nigerian. olodo
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Onlytruth(m): 6:45am On Mar 10, 2012
EzeUche:

I would prefer our nations look like this.

These nations can happen. In fact it is very likely. cool
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by gidiMonsta(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2012
Yujin:

@gidimonsta & Ejine, what do you have to say about vavavoom's comment. This is part of the things IBB & his cohorts will like to remain unchecked. Trying to fix this failure is an exercise in futility. I bet you guys are just average jejune-minded southerners. Pls, do more research on the northern elites. Your discovery will shock you. They milk the empire with reckless abandon and plough nothing back for the benefit of its citizens. They own oil wells & blocks but their region is poverty-stricken while the poor ones kill innocent people at the slightest provocation eg. maitatsine riots, ethno-religious riots, terrorism(boko haram), ethnic cleansing of the middlebelt tribes etc. Though ceteris paribus I would wish them well but not at me & my pples expense.

Now that's a fight I'll put my weight behind, a struggle to reclaim my country from the corrupt elite who litter both the North and the South, no region is innocent of this mess in Nigeria.
We have all felt the brunt of this; the North is in extreme poverty while the southerners are been slaughtered because those of us who can make a change and reclaim our country are busy fighting each other over meaningless differences such as religion and tribe, call me naive but I like to see every individual for who he is not a stereotype of his origin.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by noiseless: 12:31am On Mar 13, 2012
@Ndu_chuks DE SNIFFER PIG! The threat of use violence bully can only come back to bite you and those FRANKENSTEIN you are work for,that is if heart attack doesn't crash you lot before you finally get smoked out like your mentors sadam and gadafi. Continue taunting/singing "ZENGE ZENGE/ALY WAY" lyrical crap.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by nduchucks: 2:41am On Mar 13, 2012
noisebrainless; Go away, you are too dumb to be engaged.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 08, 2012
ekt_bear: So this is the Nigeria that you one-Nigerianists want to hold so badly onto?

A country with a lower literacy rate than Togo? grin Than Cameroon? Than Rwanda? Than the DRC? grin

Giant of Africa my azz
Remove the literacy of the core North states and see how the literacy rates shoot up!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 08, 2012
scholes0: You missed Cross River & Edo.

Looks to me like when push comes to shove Igbos and Hausas are fcu@ked!

Edo has no coastline, and Cross rives, has almost nothing,, They just have a little outlet to the sea, Via the cross river.
Although Port Haurncort is not in IBOLAND by state boundary,maybe there will be a major drawing up of states again.
There is a thread on Nairaland that has a colonial map of Igboland and I can assure you,there is a coastline at Hancourt
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 08, 2012
gidiMonsta: I find it very annoying that the so-called educated Nigerians can call for the dissolution of this country, when we'll only end up inheriting the same corrupt system.

Let's say for instance we decide to carve this country up based on meaningless differences, here's the anticipated result:

Northern Nigeria (or Arewa Republic) - will not differ from the likes of Chad and Niger Republic.
Middle Belt (if they don't go with the north) - will most likely be like Central African Republic, an obscure nation in Africa.
Biafra (SE) - a landlocked monstrosity even worse than Cameroon
South-South - will end up like Cabinda (Eastern Angola) or Equitorial Guinea
Odua Republic (S/W) - probably gonna be worse than Benin Rep. and Togo

My question is this: why give up a country with the potential to rival Brazil and India? Secession is not the answer, don't let this thieving politicians deceive us into making the biggest mistakes of our lives. Our war should be directed at corruption not each other, take a cue from success stories such as Spain and Italy not failures like South Sudan (where tribal warlords have started anoda war).
And who says the Middle Belt,Biafra,SW,SS cannot unite to form Southern Nigeria.MSCHEEW.
Yes,Yes.The Igbo and Yoruba do not like each other.However the fact that each community does not periodically bomb Ibadan and Enugu and mass ethnic cleansing of Igbos in Lagos and of Yorubas in Hauncort is yet to happen shows the two can live together and at least tolerate each other.
The same cannot be said for the Hausa-Fulani who want to islamise Nigeria.
The four regions can use Christianity as a rallying point rather than tribalism.Duh!
With 80 million plus,the bulk of the population educated and with most industries located in the south,A secular government and a common secular-christian culture emerging,SOUTHERN NIGERIA(Middle Belt,SS,SE,SW) can rival Brazil and co.
Northern Nigeria can go to hell for all I care,they brought misery on themselves.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2012
EzeUche: I would prefer our nations look like this.

Put the two Middle Belt States,SW and SE together and we have SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by cjrane: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
In the end, only the north shall be the true beneficiary of a peaceful national conference. By typical of their style of opposing everything suggested by the south, they shall also miss the opportunity to negotiate the type of Nigeria they want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alleged N6.3bn Fraud: I’ve High Blood Pressure, Jang Tells Court / PDP To APC: Where Is Buhari’s Rice Pyramid, You Owe Nigerians Explanation / Nobody Stopped Me From Travelling Abroad - Gov Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.