Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (16026 Views)

National Assembly Set For Showdown With Buhari / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Dede1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
ndu_chucks:

^+1000 This is a very honest post.  When the derivation formula is applied correctly, some of the lazy ND states will understand that they've been short changing the rest of us for some time now. With almost $1trilliion pumped into the so-called ND states in the past 10 - 15 years, the region should have been more developed than Abu-Dhabi by now. Bunch of lazy fools.

You promptly destroyed your otherwise wise utterances by the one below:

Please tell me how an this disintegration with its accompanying bloodshed is better than true federalism, where each state would control its own resources, with the exception of those already developed using the assets of the federal government and offshore resources?

Nwanne, I thanked you for reminding me of my blunders. But my people say “Anaghi asu mgbagbu aga ogu” If we are not matured enough to seek disintegration of Nigeria as seen with USSR, I say bloodshed is one of the consequences we have to endure to take control of our respective destinies. The use of federalism in a discussion that borders on total disintegration of Nigeria which will give way to the emergence of nation states is an old joke.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Koikoi(m): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
insha allah, nigeria will not divide. SNC is about getting our priorities right. Let go for true federalism. shikena
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by gidiMonsta(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
manny4life:

I am not delusional, if I were you, I'll rather you speak of your ability to critically think before speaking. When newly formed countries are founded, are their principles based on one person or groups of persons of interest or for the people? Just because there are corrupt Senators and their likes are there, what makes you think that the same principles and laws of government that applied to the "Old Nigeria" will apply to the newly found Biafra or Oduduwa Republic or whichever it is. Brother, if Nigeria disintegrates today, the level of corruption you see today will be driven down to a limit; different constitutions will be written "for the people", different leaders WILL arise and the people WILL make certain that POWER and authority are in their hands NOT that of their leaders. An average Nigerian has seen the worse and their eyes have all opened, and eventually, when he goes to his new country, I'm sure things changing will affect his ability to speak out further.

For instance, the way Nigeria's Constitution is written is seriously and grossly flawed; Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa Republics won't make the mistake of giving the entire power of governance to the hand of the FG. The system of government will take a new shape. As it is now, states go to Abuja monthly for their allocation, in a newly formed country with 6 or more states with an average population of 30million, government will rather zone by region rather than states to better governance. I hope you see my argument.

I see your argument but you don't seem to understand that the new country will be led by those who led the war for their individual nations, these are  the people who will write your so called new constitution, not you nor I. Take for instance the Niger Delta, I don't need to go into the details of their woes but the truth is that the brunt of it caused by their own leaders, the same leaders who will be responsible for their new constitution.

Rather than unnecessary bloodshed that will only lead to more woes, why not concentrate our energy on true Federalism for NIGERIA, why not fight for a new constitution? One that empowers the average Nigerian as a Nigerian not as an Ibo man or Yoruba man, one that takes advantage of our diversity like that of the United States.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by bakila: 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dede1:

The only way to eradicate Nigeria’s corruption is to dissolve Nigeria. Once Nigeria is dissolved, it will no longer be Nigeri's issue but the issue of emerging nation that will allow its citizen to remain corrupted.

I urge you to reserve such worries for the emerging nation which you may belong after the disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria. In fact, we are bent on taking cue from Spain, Italy, France or Germany where the citizens, at least, speak one understandable language without adopting English language as national or official medium of communication.

Parasite de make mouth online. You governers go to FAAC collect share and come home. You people go to all part of nigeria to parasite from their allocation and natural resources come here and say rubbish. You THINK the people of ND ARE FOOL. That though is from the opposit direction of place of thought.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
gidiMonsta:

I find it very annoying that the so-called educated Nigerians can call for the dissolution of this country, when we'll only end up inheriting the same corrupt system.

Let's say for instance we decide to carve this country up based on meaningless differences, here's the anticipated result:

Northern Nigeria (or Arewa Republic) - will not differ from the likes of Chad and Niger Republic.
Middle Belt (if they don't go with the north) - will most likely be like Central African Republic, an obscure nation in Africa.
Biafra (SE) - a landlocked monstrosity even worse than Cameroon
South-South - will end up like Cabinda (Eastern Angola) or Equitorial Guinea
Odua Republic (S/W) - probably gonna be worse than Benin Rep. and Togo

My question is this: why give up a country with the potential to rival Brazil and India? Secession is not the answer, don't let this thieving politicians deceive us into making the biggest mistakes of our lives. Our war should be directed at corruption not each other, take a cue from success stories such as Spain and Italy not failures like South Sudan (where tribal warlords have started anoda war).

Err.

Angola and Equitorial Guinea are WAYYYYY better than Nigeria is now. Regarding the rest, who cares? If the people demand independence and are willing to accept both the potential benefits and the risks, wetin concern you?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Dede1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
bakila:

Parasite de make mouth online. You governers go to FAAC collect share and come home. You people go to all part of nigeria to parasite from their allocation and natural resources come here and say rubbish. You THINK the people of ND ARE FOOL. That though is from the opposit direction of place of thought.

Do you not think disintegration will make it hard for the so-called parasite to obtain a visa to travel and domicile either in Republic of Oodua or one of Islamic Republics in northern region of Nigeria? You must know that regulated entry will curb the menace of the people you labeled parasite in future country. 

Why are you so entrenched in the matter of the so-called Republic of ND? Do you think I give a hell hole about ND, whatever that means? My only option is Republic of Igbo land. I hope you do not commit suicide about it.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by nduchucks: 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
gidiMonsta:

I find it very annoying that the so-called educated Nigerians can call for the dissolution of this country, when we'll only end up inheriting the same corrupt system.

Let's say for instance we decide to carve this country up based on meaningless differences, here's the anticipated result:

Northern Nigeria (or Arewa Republic) - will not differ from the likes of Chad and Niger Republic.
Middle Belt (if they don't go with the north) - will most likely be like Central African Republic, an obscure nation in Africa.
Biafra (SE) - a landlocked monstrosity even worse than Cameroon
South-South - will end up like Cabinda (Eastern Angola) or Equitorial Guinea
Odua Republic (S/W) - probably gonna be worse than Benin Rep. and Togo

My question is this: why give up a country with the potential to rival Brazil and India? Secession is not the answer, don't let this thieving politicians deceive us into making the biggest mistakes of our lives. Our war should be directed at corruption not each other, take a cue from success stories such as Spain and Italy not failures like South Sudan (where tribal warlords have started anoda war).

^+1000
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
[quote author]
You missed Cross River & Edo.

Looks to me like when push comes to shove Igbos and Hausas are fcu@ked!
[quote][/quote]

I dunno if they are fvcked like that.

Since 1999, at least at the governors level they've been in control of Rivers State.

And control of that state gives you access to the sea, and any benefits thereof.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Yujin(m): 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
@gidimonsta, your projection for the emerging nations is totally fallacious. These nations stand a better chance of developing than the present hell filled with hatred, suspicion, jealousy, inferiority/superiority complex, islamization agendum etc. Open your eyes. Gov. Theodore Orji's case is a tip on the iceberg for any criminally minded politician in Biafra. Biafra shall rival many european nations in development. Oodua republic shall also help redeem the dignity of the black man. For the others, I don't know.
I saw it coming. I only pray that our politicians will for once say and stand by the truth to avoid an unnecessary war. THIS EMPIRE MUST BE BALKANIZED IF WE MUST LIVE. The era of parasitism is over. Why don't these northern governors develop their solid minerals sector that is in their domain but rather prefer to spill blood for the deep sea oil resources? Laziness(parasitism) or deliberate provocation(whatever we want we can get; go and die for all we care)? May the time come, I can barely wait.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by polokor60(m): 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
thank you lugard for all the pain and misery you have caused the people of northern and southern nigeria.you forced them to live as one because of your selfish interest and that of your people(the beneficiaries).snc is the way forward,we need a referedum about our coexistence by representatives from the various regions of this nation not the one given to us by the wicked forces that invaded the soverniety of our forefathers thereby enslaving them(including the upcoming generations) mentally.my people make una shine una eye wellu well,divide and rule is very much at work,the corrupt puppets in power are playing on our intelligence.looting and corruption has no religion or regions.they(corrupt/wicked leaders,looters) are perfecting the gimmicks of their masters i.e confusing and occupying your minds with hatred for each other while they continue with their massive looting. wink
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
Err.
Angola and Equitorial Guinea are
WAYYYYY better than Nigeria is
now.

Please, my brother, don't say this again. It doesn't say much about your enlightenment. And I mean no wrong.

hrw.org/world-report-2012/equatorial-guinea
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Yujin(m): 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
True federalism as demanded by basically the south will NEVER hold as long as the core north is concerned. The middlebelt states do not have a problem with it but those lazy parasites will not want it to be; that is why IBB want the status quo to remain even if millions of nigerians will be sacrificed again. SNC though a right step in the right direction will NOT solve the problem rather, it will expose many hidden things of the core north & end up with a tenser polity. Divided we stand to be united under ECOWAS. This is the sad but only truth.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
More on Equatorial Guinea:
africandictator.org/?p=3022
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Ejine(m): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
So you see, Dapo, mathematical per-capita does not always reflect what's really on ground.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Obiagu1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Has the shout for a SNC been doused
Where are Southerners: SS, SW, and SE? A people that really don't know what they want. Educated but stu.pid set of people. undecided
No direction, no focus.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Kachi01: 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
This derivation the north is talking about, how many states is receiving it? Let them continue marrying more wives and producing more children without any good plan for them. Higher population my foot. Person wey him salary no do, na overtime go do am? I can see the sun of Biafra rising.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by SailorXY: 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
Has the shout for a SNC been doused
Where are Southerners: SS, SW, and SE? A people that really don't know what they want. Educated but stu.pid set of people.
No direction, no focus.
y do u prefer to bear a southern nickname cool tongue undecided wink
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Is the lot of your typical citizen of EG better or worse than your typical Nigerian?

Perhaps data like life expectancy, literacy, health, etc should be posted.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ridgeman: 12:20am On Mar 09, 2012
Africa will spend the next 20-30 years redrawing the lines that the colonial masters created e.g Sudan. I believe it is healthier if our union is created out of a real need to be together as one nation rather than a forgery with no real desire to be together.

Also civil war is almost impossible in the Nigerian context - there are just too many tribes, so SNC or not Nigeria will have to decide if a strong overbearing, verbose, corrupt, backward center is better than a decentralised forward thinking one,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 09, 2012
Ekt_Bear, on what Planet is Equitorial Guinea better than Nigeria? lol.

Youre Probably better off living in Somalia than in EG. That place is a sh&it hole
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 1:11am On Mar 09, 2012
Can I see literacy, life expectancy, health, etc data to back this up? I find it hard to believe that an underpopulated but oil-wealthy country is indeed worse than Somalia or Nigeria.

Granted, it is probably just as much on me to back up my point as it is on ya'll. But perhaps you guys have access to data that I don't, and can more rapidly debunk what I said. . .
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 2:23am On Mar 09, 2012
93% literacy in EG. life expectancy=51

Nigeria:
61% and 51, respectively.

Under 5 mortality: 120.8 for EG, 142.9 for Nigeria.

Poverty rates are 76.8% in EG and 54.7% for Nigeria (using the most recent years on this site.) However, presumably EG is calibrating against a much higher number than Nigeria is. . .

http://data.worldbank.org/country/equatorial-guinea

http://data.worldbank.org/country/nigeria

Any strong evidence for EG being much worse than Nigeria?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 2:26am On Mar 09, 2012
So supposedly they have the highest literacy rate in all of sub-Saharan Africa, if you believe this article:

http://www.guineaecuatorialpress.com/noticia.php?id=850&lang=en

I'm not saying that the country is heaven. But I don't think that it is worse off the naija
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 2:28am On Mar 09, 2012
Equatorial Guinea, 93.0%

Seychelles, 91.8%

Zimbabwe, 91.4%

Lesotho, 89.5%

South Africa, 89.0%

Sao Tome and Principe, 88.3%

Namibia, 88.2%

Mauritius Islands, 87.5%

Gabon, 87.0%

Kenya, 86.5%

Swaziland, 86.5%

Cape Verde, 84.1%

Botswana, 83.3%

Cameroon, 75.9%

Uganda, 74.6%

Comoros, 73.6%

Malawi, 72.8%

Tanzania, 72.6%

Zambia, 70.7%

Madagascar, 70.7%

Rwanda, 70.3%

Angola, 69.6%

Democratic Republic of Congo, 66.6%

Burundi, 65.9%

Ghana, 65.8%

Eritrea, 65.3%

Togo, 64.9%

Nigeria, 60.1%

Liberia, 58.1%

Central African Republic, 54.6%
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 2:30am On Mar 09, 2012
So this is the Nigeria that you one-Nigerianists want to hold so badly onto?

A country with a lower literacy rate than Togo? grin Than Cameroon? Than Rwanda? Than the DRC? grin

Giant of Africa my azz
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by ektbear: 2:32am On Mar 09, 2012
Even Burundi.

Lmao.

i'm choking with laughter here cheesy grin

Maybe laughter is the only thing that can keep one from crying cry cry
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Onlytruth(m): 3:58am On Mar 09, 2012
ekt_bear:

Even Burundi.

Lmao.

i'm choking with laughter here cheesy grin

Maybe laughter is the only thing that can keep one from crying cry cry

hehehe! You remind me of Fela's " i de looku i de laffu". grin
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by NorthSharp(m): 4:24am On Mar 09, 2012
garsul:

Please what we need is a SBC- sovereign breakup conference!

The southerners should go form their country and their teeming population up north should pack their things and head south wards along with all their vices that have so spoilt the name of Nigeria among committy of nations, vices like 419, prostitution in foreign land, washing of plates and dead bodies in foreign countries, armed robbery, credit card fraud, kidnapping etc etc.

Please southerners secede and let us have peace, the oil revenue has always been a curse on the common man, so pls go with it

Thank you so much bro for the part in bold!

We should really be very happy that the kind of strong pro-Araba views you expressed above typify the prevailing general sentiments among our good people, especially the younger generation.

Almost all the people I personally know are in FULL support of total, immediate, peaceful break-up of this country; none of them cares, even in the slightest, about the much-talked about oil in the ND.

As I indicated in an earlier post, personally if I have the power to break up this damn country by a touch of a button, I would DEFINITELY do it NOW:

NorthSharp:

----
I am a Hausa-Fulani and I am enlightened enough to appreciate the enormity of the challenges my people and region would face in the event of a break up, just like other regions would have their own challenges; but I can tell you in all sincerity that IF THERE WERE A BUTTON THAT I COULD PRESS FOR NIGERIA TO PEACEFULLY BREAK UP INSTANTLY AND HAVE MY HAUSA-FULANI ONLY COUNTRY, I WOULD PRESS THAT BUTTON RIGHT NOW! AND I AM SURE MOST ORDINARY HAUSA-FULANIS WOULD DO THE SAME!

So my prediction is that all the useless greedy Northern 'leaders' who attended these meetings, and who are jostling to take part in the so-called SNC, where they plan to shamelessly agitate for more oil money, would be SWEPT aside by those who truly represent our views on this issue.

Let us start sending clear messages to the Sule Lamidos, the Babangida Aliyus, the Kwankwasos, the Yadudus, the Yayales, et al, that they are indeed a bunch of FCKING BLOOD-SUCKING PARASITES who have been leeching on other peoples' resources, and that they do NOT represent us in their parasitical greed for oil money.

We should do the ND people a good favour by helping them force-wean these corrupt Northern elite of the ND's Bosom. And we must replace them with true regional leaders who would strongly advocate for the convening of an SBC, as you aptly described it. 

We should collaborate with all like-minded representatives of the Southern peoples, especially the younger generation, to realize the convening of the SBC to discuss ONLY the break-up of this terminally ill nation, for the benefit of all.

We want our Arewa Republic and, IN-SHA-ALLAH, we would have it, sooner rather than later!.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown by Nobody: 4:39am On Mar 09, 2012
Its so silly that anyone in Nigeria to lay claim of offshore oil except states nearer to it, If actually the north wants a share of the offshore oil then they should give southerners or perhaps NDs some big piece of land equals to what they get from offshore revenue and they(southerners/ND)can aswell live that palce without anyone asking them out even if tomorrow oil finish. This should be the ground of southerners on issue about tru fedralism.

Pls nobody should stop this true fiscal fedralism. There are so much advantage to it than disadvantage but I disagree on regional cos it can divide Nigeria instead let the states we have now be on their selves,make their own law(if its sharia or to legalize gay), make their police,pay their workers, etc infact some of these should aswell be controlled by LG, the federal govt will have the control over the military,ports & maybe offshore oil, they will be embarking on some struture around the country and recieve taxes from states(not giving to states)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alleged N6.3bn Fraud: I’ve High Blood Pressure, Jang Tells Court / United States: Twitter's Suspension In Nigeria Is A Violation Of Human Rights / Tinubu Directs Payment Of State House Electricity Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.