Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8167258 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zuriela: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Teegali:
@rezzy,thanks so much the prayers, God bless you n yours too.
I hardly comment but ur story really touched me.
Affliction shall not arise a 2nd time. The Laughter of a mother and d cry of ur babies shall be heard in ur home. It is well with you.
Any hospital that won't tell u what's wrong with ur baby and just give u drugs pls discontinue cos it's ur right to know what ur child is being treated for.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uglyBetty1(f): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
Good afternoon all, happy new week to all.

Pls can a pregnant woman use baking soda to cook like frying buns or so.

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
Good afternoon mamas.

I've had a rough weekend, and I'm still not totally out of it.

First it started with my little angel, who I was treating for malaria, then the elder one joined. I continued treatment and by saturday they were both better. Only for some kind of dry cough to surface on Sunday. On my part, I took fansidar that was recommended by a doc on thrusday during antenatal but the same dry cough, sore throat is not letting me. I think what increased mine was I was watching my kids all thru fri and sat night till their fever broke.

They are gradually getting relief from the cough, but me no way. Weird thing is that if I sleep on my left side, the cough intensifies and leads to dizziness and vomiting. Though I didn't vomit, I held it back and got myself. After so many hours of being awake, I had to use my right side to sleep to get some relief.

Pls mamas, what do I do to ease this cough and sore/painful throat? If I walk a long distance, I fell shortness of breath too which gets better when I sit a well.

cc kaffybill, zaynie and other sabi mamas, pls o, I don't understand this cough after treating malaria.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
uglyBetty1:
Good afternoon all, happy new week to all.

Pls can a pregnant woman use baking soda to cook like frying buns or so.

Thank you.
baking soda same as bicarbonate of soda is very safe. But in frying buns? Are you sure it's not baking powder you meant? They are 2 different ingredients

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JummaiTWINS: 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
iomoge2:
@all mama's, I don come o.
Fatigue embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Sick feeling embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
No aversion to smell or foods. kiss kiss kiss kiss
But am unable to sleep if I eat later than 12noon. As in serious discomfort
After breakfast that's all so I can sleep at night. Imagine me o
My face looks like I was beaten, from d very day I tested positive.
As in its written all over my face that I swallowed something grin grin embarassed

My main problem now is I am Unable to stool
As in zero or no waste.
Can I eat garden eggs at night? - Those green ones.
I feel very heavy.
Am an October or November Mama. Not sure which month yet.
same here too o my team mate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marcjane(f): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
This morning sickness too much oooooooooo. TEAM OCTOBER.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uglyBetty1(f): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
goldenruby:
baking soda same as bicarbonate of soda is very safe. But in frying buns? Are you sure it's not baking powder you meant? They are 2 different ingredients

It's baking powder for frying buns. I told my colleague I want to fry buns but I will use banking powder, she said I hope it's safe for you.

I said haba, but I have been eating cakes na.so I decided to ask here as I no get time for Google.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
marcjane:
This morning sickness too much oooooooooo.
TEAM OCTOBER.

Sorry oh.... This too shall pass *hugs*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
iomoge2:
@all mama's, I don come o.
Fatigue embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Sick feeling embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
No aversion to smell or foods. kiss kiss kiss kiss
But am unable to sleep if I eat later than 12noon. As in serious discomfort
After breakfast that's all so I can sleep at night. Imagine me o
My face looks like I was beaten, from d very day I tested positive.
As in its written all over my face that I swallowed something grin grin embarassed

My main problem now is I am Unable to stool
As in zero or no waste.
Can I eat garden eggs at night? - Those green ones.
I feel very heavy.
Am an October or November Mama. Not sure which month yet.
Welcome to d club sis, concerning sleep issue it's now dat I av entered 2nd trimester that I now sleep well at night. Just make sure u rest during d day. As for d stool we're in it together o,jst make sure u drink plenty water and take a lot of fruits, u can try warm milk also. It is constipation dat's making u feel heavy.It is all part of d package.
Senior mamas I wan rant small, jst wen I thought am through with 1st trimester dat's when my spitting and vomiting now started back in full force, make una help me o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
JummaiTWINS:
same here too o my team mate

Cc iomoge2 how the belle now? Una sorry oh. What relieved me was adding a few drops of lemon juice to my water!

You can also try. Few cups of warm water first thing in the morning....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marcjane(f): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
babythug:

Sorry oh.... This too shall pass *hugs*
THANKS
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojac1: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
babythug:

If you have pap at home just take a spoonful of the raw one. It should stop the purging.

Pele
I hear this alot.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
babythug:

Cc iomoge2 how the belle now? Una sorry oh. What relieved me was adding a few drops of lemon juice to my water!

You can also try. Few cups of warm water first thing in the morning....
Thanks for d tips. Av heard abt lemon b4 bt wssnt too sure abt it, ll give it a try though, dat warm water thing ehn I no fit can't drink ant water except it's cold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Blessedmum:

Welcome to d club sis, concerning sleep issue it's now dat I av entered 2nd trimester that I now sleep well at night. Just make sure u rest during d day. As for d stool we're in it together o,jst make sure u drink plenty water and take a lot of fruits, u can try warm milk also. It is constipation dat's making u feel heavy.It is all part of d package.
Senior mamas I wan rant small, jst wen I thought am through with 1st trimester dat's when my spitting and vomiting now started back in full force, make una help me o.
I went to hospital and Doctor gave me valium lipsrsealed and vitc as I can't breathe once my head is down n paracetamol.... No where dey pain me. I am not taking the paracetamol.
I don turn vit c to sweet but the valium, is it safe?
I was looking distressed that's he said he really has to help me sleep and gave me 3 days off work. grin grin grin
And am off duty on Thursday and holiday starts Friday.... cheesy cheesy cheesy although I might work weekend sad angry angry angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
I want to rant small o.

All d people selling banana have disappeared from d traffic o.
I woke up yesterday crying for Banana.

I couldn't even tell hubby and I didn't let him see me crying.
Cos d man no go understand.
Biko am I alone?
I don fry plantain finish still na banana I dey find.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 6:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
iomoge2:

I went to hospital and Doctor gave me valium lipsrsealed and vitc as I can't breathe once my head is down n paracetamol.... No where dey pain me. I am not taking the paracetamol.
I don turn vit c to sweet but the valium, is it safe?
I was looking distressed that's he said he really has to help me sleep and gave me 3 days off work. grin grin grin
And am off duty on Thursday and holiday starts Friday.... cheesy cheesy cheesy although I might work weekend sad angry angry angry
I was given sleeping tablets too bt didn't take it o,even ordinary paracetamol I didn't take. What I do is to make sure I bathe and relax on d bed,even if sleep doesnt come at least am in a relaxed position then during d day I relax for 30minutes in d oviz. Just make sure u put off all distractions,dis second trimester ehn sleep is now my best friend.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
iomoge2:
I want to rant small o.

All d people selling banana have disappeared from d traffic o.
I woke up yesterday crying for Banana.

I couldn't even tell hubby and I didn't let him see me crying.
Cos d man no go understand.
Biko am I alone?
I don fry plantain finish still na banana I dey find.
Am seriously laughing at u at d same time thanking God dat we finally got our heart desires and we ll all carry to term ijn. Do u knw wat I craved for today? Fried fish,d thing was beckoning to me right frm d oviz and luckily for me I met hubby at home and he went to help me get it. I felt satisfied ehn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
Blessedmum:

Am seriously laughing at u at d same time thanking God dat we finally got our heart desires and we ll all carry to term ijn. Do u knw wat I craved for today? Fried fish,d thing was beckoning to me right frm d oviz and luckily for me I met hubby at home and he went to help me get it. I felt satisfied ehn.
Lol.
We bless God.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uglyBetty1(f): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
mompurity2:
@evacroft @iyabetajos@omojudy we're u given antibiotics after the procedure? I was given erythromycin 500mg (4 cards) to be taken 6hourly. I have the feeling that the antibiotic is too much oooo. We're u given something similar? What meds were prescribed for u after the procedure?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HawtMummie(f): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hello lovelies .
It's being a while. I took a well deserved break from ttc. Now, I'm ready again. Dusting all my medical records to start the journey all over. DH sef go hear am.
We are hopeful this time. Congrats to all d preggy mums. Where are my pple? Missed u all

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
uglyBetty1:

I was given erythromycin for 7 days to be taken 6 hourly too and even flagly with Paracetamol. I asked them if the antibiotics was safe, and they said yes. As I was taking it, I was praying seriously.

God will always protect his people.
thanks darling for responding. It seems mine wud be longer than 7 days. Anyways, gyn said I shud see him dis wed, so i'll go with d cards to be sure m taking the right thing.
We're u checked via US after d procedure to be sure d cervix is closed or something?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tmama2: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
olubankemi:

Am with twins n don't do it. So not all mamas with twins.

Had my twins at 37weeks and never did it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gbemi4u: 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice group

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
mompurity2:
thnx for responding. I was given erythromycin, PCM, fesolate and folic acid only. But I ws given ventolin after d procedure and during my stay but wasn't given any to take home.
i wasnt given to take home either.i guess its meant to stop contractions cos wen i went back to d hosp with false cpntractions i was placed on it.
congrats to all mamas dt have given birth.am going back to read ohh...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sayoddy, how far?
It will surely end in praise.
Amin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pisca: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
for maternal and child health talk, visit www.adeolabakare..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Oya o!!!!
PrayerMonday!!!!
Come out and Pray.

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar- Raheem
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficient , the Most Merciful
We seek refuge with the Lord of the worlds, the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all that lies within.
We say Alhamdulillah for all we have and all we are yet to have.
We pray that He continues to protect, guide and provide for us.
We pray that He says Be to the wishes of our ATC mothers.
We pray that He makes it easy for all the pregnant women. He make bearing the weight easy, He makes putting down the weight easy too.
We pray that He guides us to nurture our children in the way pleasing to Him.
We pray that He eases the mind of mamas that survived losses no matter how small. That He gives them many reasons to smile again. Amin
We pray that He continues to provide for our husbands. That he grants them the patience, strength and finance to do their husbandly and fatherly duties.
We pray for Nairaland. That it shall continue to soar high and high. Because NL is the platform that has brought is together.
Amin.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
Amen @zaynie mama.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Amin @ zaynie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks so much all mamas too numerous to mention, for all your prayers, love and concerns.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
Amen @senior zaynie

pls av bn callin on july mamas nd our captain ..no response...hope all is well wt yall oo...pls ansa me o...#teamjulyforsupernaturaldelivery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Chinwendym:
I just got 2300 shocked
Can I do it multiple times? grin make I try and see cheesy
Mtn abago one chance grin grin grin grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.