Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132517 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
grin cheesy hehehehehehheheheheh. Udoka. Is baby winning you? So one can even stay for some days after seeing show? God is our strength.

I'm a December Mum too o. But my time is still far.

Happy New Month to us all. May the month be filled with lots of pregnancy stories on the TTC thread and birth stiories here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
@Rukemi,one can stay more than a week after seeing show, ones baby's movement is still sharp,is nothing to fret about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
lol....udoka ur baby don choose december.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldwaters(f): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
@udoka, he came @29 wks. My edd was dec 7th.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kemmy210(f): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
Guess u wanted 2say he came @39weeks.@goldwaters,congrats to u&ur lil prince.
goldwaters: @udoka, he came @29 wks. My edd was dec 7th.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettytrust: 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
All mum join me to thankGod ooo,yestiday I woke up. In d morni to find out dt. I was havin serious contration. So hubby took me to d hospital n d dr confirm it was true dat if care is nt takin I cld deliver dat day or next but d prblm. Was dat I was 35weeks n he said it was nt good so dey quick gav me injections to stop it n place me on bed. Rest till evenin n lata gve me drugs to take. So pls join. Me. Celebrate God for healing because it. Was nt funny at. All
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
@ pretty trust, thank God for his mercies,he shall complete that which he has started in your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettytrust: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nw am feeling relief cos am supose. To b. JAn mum ooo but is like am going to b dec nw cos d dr said if one to two weeks. Can b added den I can deliver my baby witout fear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettimoi(f): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
@udoka its well with you.for my first child labour started five days after i saw show and i had her same day.your baby has been destined to be december baby.happy new month.
@new mothers,how is d vigil going?
@preg mamas how are we pushing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
lolllllllllllllllllllll Rukemi the baby won me no be small. My EDD is actually Dec 4th, (if baby comes that day it will be very remarkable cos l had last miscarriage on the 4th of dec 2012 and am also December baby too -so birthday gift ) , na my impatience dey do me, that's why they decided not to do anything until my EDD is reached and passed.

preetytrust
its well with you dear, in two weeks ur baby is matured to be born.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
goldwater
your baby no dey for ceremony and drama like mine smiley

pretimoi/byvan
really on show? why did they categorise it as major signs of labour then. in my anc class the mentioned three things that indicates labour as 1. rupture of membrane 2. contraction or menstral like pain 3. show.
l want to ask, is bloody show different from one not tingled with blood? mine was not tingled with blood, just dropped like a globe of egg white but milkish in colour.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baybiemee: 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
@pretty trust, just pack ur bags well eh, and be ready for baby's arrival in a few weeks. Congrats u will soon offload.

December at last,Phew!!! Glory be to God, my countdown officially begins. January do and come.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
@udoka, see as I dey laff! Ur baby don tell u say wen him ready to come out, him go come.
Put ur legs up and rest, hopefully in a couple of days, ur prince/princess will show. Its well with you jare.

@prettytrust, its well wit u. We will hear only good news from ur mouth IJN.

Dec mamas, una don dey pack una bags small small?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
baybiemee: @pretty trust, just pack ur bags well eh, and be ready for baby's arrival in a few weeks. Congrats u will soon offload.

December at last,Phew!!! Glory be to God, my countdown officially begins. January do and come.

Yipeeee, yes oh, are u late or early January, me I never start oh, 30days too long, when Dec ending reach I go start wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Chei, all these updates dey do me like film oh.

@Udoka, as your EDD never reach just try relax biko,am so on the edge waiting to read baby has popped.

@prettytrust ,you will be okay by his Grace.

Ma moms, please I still find myself sleeping on my back when I know it's not so good. I actually make conscious efforts to sleep on either side,but mehn I just usually realise am on my back.

God help us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oh byvan&prettymoi so there is nothing to fear that baby might just pop out on the road immediately after 'show'. Thanks for always being there.

Mummyf. Hubby packed my bag since September grin.

Pretty trust. Oya join the queue. God is your strength.

Udoka. Your baby just wants to be your birth month mate at all cost isn't that already special? Plus baby wants you to forget the agony of Dec 4 2012. Isn't God just awesome?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
udoka2: goldwater
your baby no dey for ceremony and drama like mine smiley

pretimoi/byvan
really on show? why did they categorise it as major signs of labour then. in my anc class the mentioned three things that indicates labour as 1. rupture of membrane 2. contraction or menstral like pain 3. show.
l want to ask, is bloody show different from one not tingled with blood? mine was not tingled with blood, just dropped like a globe of egg white but milkish in colour.

The egg white is part of the show and it's appearance differs with each pregnancy.For me,show signals labour in all my pregnancies and the appearance differs with each pregnancy,it appeared as blood clot in two pregnancy, then as a very faint pinkish blood in my first preg.

Some women loose their plug as early as two weeks before delivery,some lose it in bits,some in chunks, it simply means the cervix is opening and labor is imminent.for my own body,show=labor.

They simply indicate that labor is around the corner when there is no contraction yet.They categorized it that way as a sign of impending labor,the only true sign of labor is contraction,strong mind blowing ones cool others are better off categorized as pre signs of labor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kaynee: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
Rukemi291:

There is always an attraction to a fellow 'Pro Unitate';
we usually respect with 'senior', 'sister';
we are super intelligent and observant. grin

chop knuckles

You can say that again!! We FGGC babes rock!! You can easily spot one- always has high IQ. Pro Unitate. @ Udoka 4th dec is here already, I wish you a Supernatural childbirth. You've been thru a lot and you deserve a 'painless' birth. By painless I mean pain but less of it. You will be out of labour in less time. To other Dec mums and Jan, I wish you all smooth delivery. I rejoice with all nursing mothers. It is well with us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kaynee: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
grin tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldwaters(f): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
@kemmy, thanx jor, I meant 39wks o.
@ pretty trust, thank God o.
@ udoka, just remove ur mind and relax, baby will come at God's time
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Kaynee: You can say that again!! We FGGC babes rock!! You can easily spot one- always has high IQ. Pro Unitate.

yipee. So glad to find another Fed babe in the building. Beautyyy. Collect your own knuckles too.

If you have ever visited the most famous dam, then you have definitely lodged in my own FGGC. *winks*

byvan. You really need an award for always being there. Ten gbosa for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
@Tobiegal All these sleep on ur right or left side tin do actually make me unconfortable most times. I try as much as i can to sleep on side but abstaining totally frm lying on my back is out of qstn.

@prettytrust its well God will accomplish the good work he s started.
Wish all the dec mummies with respect to Udoka as the senior a complication-free delivery by his Grace.Udoka no let any1 overtake u o though its allowed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
Abeg all these pro uni abi wetin dem write make una carry care o abi anybody get coconut head 4 here.dem nor dey use high IQ carry belle 0. you peeps went to fed we na local abi? If any1 be coconut head u fit indicate sha. Do i hv supporters abi i dey on my own
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 02, 2013
tongue tongue tongue
joilin: Abeg all these pro uni abi wetin dem write make una carry care o abi anybody get coconut head 4 here.dem nor dey use high IQ carry belle 0. you peeps went to fed we na local abi? If any1 be coconut head u fit indicate sha. Do i hv supporters abi i dey on my own

heheheheheheheheheheheheheh. *singing* 'Jealousy' by Evi Edna. You made me laugh out loud by this time of the night. No vex ma. tongue tongue

On a more serious note. There is something that has been bothering me since yesterday.
DH called me yesterday o that his Mum and elder sister called him to tell him we have to have our baby's naming ceremony at the eldest son/brother's house.
That it is tradition and a sign of respect to him since their Dad is late and he is the one that stands as their Dad now.
1. He and husband live in the same town actually but he lives almost at the outskirt of town (very far). They are expecting us to take an eigth-day old baby through some distance journey.
2. According to their tradition, The man is supposed to bear the finance but he is not bouyant enough. Meaning he will give us a list and we will give him money to buy my baby's naming things. This is a man that told me i was looking dark when everybody including strangers tell me i look so fair skinned and beautiful in the pregnancy. How am i sure he knows and will get good things for my first baby's NC?
3. My office staff that had planned to get a bus to move down for the occassion can no longer come as i have to tell them we are not doing it at home?
I have told DH to better tell me now, if they have another tradition that will require i eat lizard or earthworm o. Na now i know say i marry. When people are to decide where i take my ceremony to.
Abeg, mothers try to tell me things to calm my nerves. I feel so bad but I have no choice since DH has been so sad and apologetic about the sudden change in plans. Why did they wait till now (a few weeks) before they told us?

Abeg, u pple should forgive my story book jare. I am hurt jor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 02, 2013
@mayblossom
Well we are almost 32 weeks

Madam has high BP and gestational diabetes, at last ANC on 28th Nov , she reported headaches and blurred vision also there was signs of protein in her urine and she gave another urine sample to the hospital yesterday for testing.
The Next hospital appt is Tuesday.

We hope for the best.

mayblossom:
GenBuhari how's Madam? Don't worry, one day you'll come here with her birth story.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Don't worry GenB. All these will soon pass. She will carry to term By the Grace of God.

*I am still awake o. I hope to find sleep soon*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 6:24am On Dec 02, 2013
Good morning peeps,
@joilin no mind FGGC dem dem na so them like to dey show them sef everywhere meanwhile d suffer them suffer for d place no get part 2 but em em if ma pple dey here me sef go don dey throway salute.
@Rukemi I tink I can relate wit wot ur hubby said, that is how it is done in my place too, I even think its a yoruba thing generally but usually done in d house of d hubby's father and only for the first child
@Gen buhari I am sure only good news shall come forth from all u r going thru now by Gods grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Rukemi no be small baby popping out on the road grin, its the contraction that forces out the baby,so you must feel it when it's ready to pop. Some dilate with so much speed that's why you are expected to report to hospital once you see signs of impending labor, that way,you avoid surprises.

On another note,Don't bother yourself about the ceremony, just mount an eagle eye on your LO.You might have to go along with your DH as you won't want to be on your in law's bad side.

@Joilin, no mind them pro......unipregnant babes,nah belle dey worry them grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preshila(f): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2013
@ Joilin, sorry u feel d way u feel abt the pro unitate babes. I dont c d reason y u shud take it personal. Nobody called anybody coconut head, we all knw that everybody here is indispensable. There's no point in causing animosity, we re all sisters running thesame race. Have a beautiful week, y'all. Cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 7:59am On Dec 02, 2013
@rukemi...can you have a small reception at your own place later...maybe on the weekend or something so your colleagues and friends can attend that..either ways dont bother yourself too much about it

@gen buhari....hmm...it is well with her...32 weeks? You guys are almost there...it will end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 9:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Rukemi u predicament really is not funny @ all, if u were to travel abroad to deliver na so dem go rush u to come back? These rules should b bent once in a while, d annoying part sorry to say is that u guys are still to fund d ceremony even though the same tradition says d 'uncle' is to do d funding he should look for d money by all means na... Anyway just keep a watchful eye on ur LO d Lord is ur strength...
@ all I december mamas we will deliver safely by God's grace
Gen Buhari God will see Madam through just keep on encouraging her u are doing a good job

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2013
Preshila: @ Joilin, sorry u feel d way u feel abt the pro unitate babes. I dont c d reason y u shud take it personal. Nobody called anybody coconut head, we all knw that everybody here is indispensable. There's no point in causing animosity, we re all sisters running thesame race. Have a beautiful week, y'all. Cheers
Sorry it was only u that misunderstood my post o. It was just for fun notin more though i was jealous according to rukemi but dat was without animosity. No body refered to me in the pro unitate thing so there was no reason to take it personal. U need to see the way i gave a laugh when i read other responses to my post. thumbs up for all the pro uni uni lol
@Rukemi i think u shud free ur mind towards the cer. Since its their tradition just do evrything once and allow them have their way just to make peace. The distance wont have any effect on ur lo and ur friends and colleagues shud also be invited since they have their bus so transportatn wount be a pro. U can make extra arrangement in terms of refreshment incase there s shortage in ur inlaws arrangmt

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.