Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8133158 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 02, 2013
esmeralda. U are right. They said it's only for the first child. The annoying thing is that the Dad is late and this his brother they are talking about doesn't have any hand in my husband's success o.
Byvan. I will continue to look them like 'luku luku'. I just hope they wont think they can control our lives, if they dont want their newly married bride to turn something else for them.
Preshila baby. She was just feeling us. You know we are too hot to handle.
Favored gal. I am already thinking of that too. I have told hubby i am not sleeping over.once they finish with their respect, we should go back home to do ours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2013
Preshila: @ Joilin, sorry u feel d way u feel abt the pro unitate babes. I dont c d reason y u shud take it personal. Nobody called anybody coconut head, we all knw that everybody here is indispensable. There's no point in causing animosity, we re all sisters running thesame race. Have a beautiful week, y'all. Cheers
her comment actually made me laugh, she was obviously joking nah, calm down, funny enough I was about to post something similar to hers sef in the spirit of fun.
Hey, preggy mamas! How's the pushing going? congrats to all the new mothers in the house grin. I'm always reading but no time to post. My baby is high maintenance, feed's almost every two hours...
I tried out the new baby thread and I don't like it, I prefer here jare.
Rukie, calm down, tradition has to be respected, and stop worrying about the little stuff that you can't control, okay, just accept it. Speaking of tradition you have to accept, this omugwo thing ehn! Kai,I'm already giving my mum hint that one month is more than enough.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2013
@Byvan
Thanks for explaining things better jorr. Hope all d newbies are better informed now before u carry bag at d wrong timegrin save urself d poking/sending back grin

Byvan, I noticed the poke I received when d cervix was not dilated was painful, the last wasn't painful at all.

@mummyf
Your own laugh na small my sis, my dh don laugh/tease me taya. I no send am. Infact na this morning he brought out one of our baby bags from d boot,we hv decided to permanently keep d other there for now, shame no gree us bring am out ysterday when neighbours were aroundgrin. My journey is always a case study, I want people to learn and others make reference in future, that's why am always detailed in my post.. I believe in saying it d way it is.

@tobiegal
Pls at this stage by all means avoid sleeping on ur back. I usually use pillow to wedge my back and also tell ur dh to watchout and wake u whenever u are on ur back.

Genbuhari
The Lord that has seen ur DW this far will surely complete it

@preshila
I think u really misunderstood Joilin. She was joking nah.

Rukemi
I can undestand ur anger dear, but calm down. Let them have their way to avoid bad name. Its only a one day event. It will even save u money. Do it in a low key since they are not d one paying d bills and ur friends and colleagues may likely not be there, so u aren't impressing anyone just do it to fulfill all rightousness.

Sorry for long post oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 10:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Shey Bigmom is owing us Birth story?grin abi she don share am and I missed out?

I was reading something on contraction and dilation. Read where some will contract like hell for days without single dilation and others will dilate without contraction but start contracting few hours to actual delivery or being induced if no contraction at certain stage. Pregancies are really different!
God will make it easy for all of us.

@bluedeville
Abegi maintain dey bobo well for us. I also noticed that thread is no loner vibrant as before. Maybe we will all agree to revive it when majority of us migrate there.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2013
esmeralda1: Good morning peeps,
@joilin no mind FGGC dem dem na so them like to dey show them sef everywhere meanwhile d suffer them suffer for d place no get part 2 but em em if ma pple dey here me sef go don dey throway salute.
@Rukemi I tink I can relate wit wot ur hubby said, that is how it is done in my place too, I even think its a yoruba thing generally but usually done in d house of d hubby's father and only for the first child
@Gen buhari I am sure only good news shall come forth from all u r going thru now by Gods grace.
sho, I'm yoruba and I have never heard a thing like that. I think its wrong for them to force the decision on her. She should be allowed to make her choice. imagine being forced to make a long journey few days after delivery with a few days old baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baybiemee: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2013
kaf cakes:

Yipeeee, yes oh, are u late or early January, me I never start oh, 30days too long, when Dec ending reach I go start wink

Am late January o, in fact the very last day sef, but wetin I go do na, I hv to make myself happy by counting now.

@ all, yes ooo, am part of d pro unitate peeps too wink one love

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2013
@rukemi, its a yoruba thingy. Wat I will advice u is, allow them do theirs in the morning.so that by 12 noon u can leave the place to ur own house and arrange a small party for ur neibors and friends in the evenin.I know it might cost extra but I understand wat it means to celebrate a first child.

@genB, u r almost there!

@udoka, grin, notting do u. Ur baby go really like shakara oh!
We will only hear good news from ur side, ijn.

@tobiegal, try to watch ur sleeping positiion oh! If u sleep on ur back, ur pillows must be well elevated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 02, 2013
fnor. Exactly my thoughts too. Would they have told us to travel down from a far distanced place? Just as Joilin, bludeville &udoka said, i will respect their tradition for them. I have no choice really. may God protect us sha. Una thank u. I feel so light.
Sincerely, this thread will be so missed when I deliver. I think i will quickly have another so that i will be actively back here again.

Honey86. Na so i see am o.

Babiemie. Two legs up for you. FGGC babes in the building.... (Joilin close your eyes to this part. grin)

mummyf. That's exactly what my big sis said. That we should leave early enough after they have named the baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigmom: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2013
thank you Great mamas ,i appreaciate. @udoka dont worry baby wants to be your birth month mate, wishing u quick and safe delivering Amen. @Goldwaters congrats, baby boy wellcome u are a blessing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2013
Thanks oh, moms would try the wedging thing ie.

@Rukemi , I can relate with you sha, just that DH dad is still very much alive. I had my 1st child's naming at his parents place at ikorodu, my family had to come in convoy sef, while a few of my colleagues made it down as well.
Look at the bright side, you wouldn't have much wahala to deal with. Once done, na to carry you and your baby waka.
@Gen.B ,am so impressed with your level of involvement in your wife's pregnancy. May God bless you and your family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigmom: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2013
my birth story: it started around some mins to 1am on friday , after pee i could not go back to bed it was as if i want to poo but could not do that, dh warned me not to try again that it cld be labour,that was when i realised that i was having contraction.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2013
honey86:
sho, I'm yoruba and I have never heard a thing like that. I think its wrong for them to force the decision on her. She should be allowed to make her choice. imagine being forced to make a long journey few days after delivery with a few days old baby.

Her husband should have said no to this but since he didn't, Ruky ll just move with the flow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2013
@Rukemi, you can choose not to leave the thread when you put to bed nah, maybe you keeping lurking around like me grin

On another note,thank God we name in the hospital right away,all these drama averted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2013
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigmom: 11:46am On Dec 02, 2013
We drove to the hospital without wasting time ,the mw checked and told me that i was in labour, i was very happy i was told to walk around so that i will be fully dialated meanwhile it was increasing with time ,Around 3am it was something else and finally she arrived at exactly 4:30am,after the second push , 39wks and weighed 3.00kg with tear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chestnut(f): 11:46am On Dec 02, 2013
@rukemi,dats †ђξ normal tradition i av a friend who travelled down to ibadan where her FIL lives to do her 1st child's naming,but i was lucky cos my FIL allowed us to do my son's naming at our house here in lagos A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ they all came ƒσя †ђξ ceremony frm oyo town where my FIL lives..
@gen buhari may she carry to term A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ deliver safely
@pro unitate mama's i hail una Ooº°˚ ˚° cos am one of U̶̲̥̅̊.
@ dec mama's may God see U̶̲̥̅̊ tru
@march mummies wen aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ we starting our count down

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 11:46am On Dec 02, 2013
Yoruba people take this naming thing seriously sha....i have a friend that gave birth through cs and had some complications, the naming still held on the 7th or is it 8th day, i'm glad all i have to think about is baby dedication and thats my own timing and terms...phew!

@ byvan..youv not answered udoka's question o on poking! Im interested too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Udoka n favoredgal,I noticed too that the most painful pokings was with my first,but I was wondering if it's in my mind . others weren't as painful,i was poked just once with my second baby and twice with my third,i didn't notice the pain cos I was already in full blown labor.

The muscles keep relaxing to aid easy delivery, i think that's why the pain is less,eventually they are going to dip their entire hand in after delivery and you won't feel it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
byvan
you are just right, it has to do with muscle relaxing and also as the cervix is getting lower. I remembered in the first poking the gynea said the cervix was still high, guess the process of trying to reach it made him poke his hands deeper. Again the last one, the gynea applied gel on the glove which the first didn't, though he told the nurse he doesn't like using gel, but the nurse had already poured.

@bigmon
thanks for the update. now l know why my anc teacher said the size of the baby is not a determinant of whether or not to have a tear, but having a tear is a factor of how roomy and elastic the mum's perineum is.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
@byvan...why will they put their whole hand in after delivery?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Byvan, my thought exactly, if her dh says 'no', it would have been better but since he didnt, She has no choice, i realy think they shouldnt stay there 4 long, islamic naming dosnt take time, afta the naming, go home and entertain ur own guests. There are some traditions that are very funny, what is the effect of doing it in your own house? Anybody that wants to help should give u cash and support u. what will happen if its not done there, what will happen? All these questions are left unanswered.

Udoka, weldone o.
GenBuhari, u are a wonderful husband. May God crown your effort with a sweet baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
I just spoke to my Mum and she said it doesn't matter. That i should not bear any grudge cos of the situation. She said she even likes the way Mother in-Law told us. We wouldn't have known what to do.
I feel so so so light right now.

Thank you much tobiegal, chestnut, mummyf and my wonderful sisters in this institution.

Byvan. I noticed you are still very much here. Abi e don happen ni? grin

favored gal. We love naming ceremonies o. Infact my Dad said he prefers one does a sittingroom wedding then do a naming ceremony that will shake everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
bigmom. So you still had a tear? Maybe u pushed too early. MIL told me not to push until i'm told to.

Udoka. So they put the whole hand inside there? shocked are you for real? The whole hand In short, i'm not leaving home until i start seeing baby's head through the mirror. I need to get a mirror handy.

Beauty Let me just do it for them. Hubby doesnot want to go against MIL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
@favoredgal, it's really not a big deal jere. Anything that would spare me doing anything is welcomed. I return to my home to some peace and quiet.
@Rukemi, just ensure you are the one with the baby most of the time. That's after your MIL has bath the baby sha.
Another thing Yoruba people like is the first bath thing. My first was bathed by my hubby's grandma. I was just put behind to watch. ,even my MIL sef stand dey look.

Sha, it's all joy jere. We can have a hundred name's but the baby would be called and known as what hubby n I I have chosen. Besides, only 3names can be in the birth certificate depending on how long it is sha...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
Rukemi
lolllll, no go born for house ooo. not whole hand but whole fingers....byvan said whole hand after delivery...still imaging that one. make she come answer favoredgal question cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oduwan(f): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
vera4realuk@yahoo.co.uk.pls send me the book. [quote
author=goking]Hi mommas,how are u and ur baby/babies doing? God will
definitely perfect his Good works in ur lives,i have this book
SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH by Jackie in soft copy it's nice send ur email
address if u are interested[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hello belleful mamas, even though I know this thread,I only read as guest but Rukemi you made me post today.

You all are doing wonderful jobs.

@Udoka, you just dey too eager abi? Just like me I dream of carrying baby almost everytime. Just be calm, soon you will kiss him/her.

@Bigmum, goldwater congrats.

@Rukemi, my hubby's grand father already told me I will have my naming in his house even before I got preggy self. I think its a tradition in yorubaland. I told my hubby cos he don't tell him but he said never cos they are muslims. They fear my hubby well, but I really don't want him unhappy cos he like a grand father to me too. We are thinking of just saying yes and have our pastor and church members to be there, we don't live too far apart, same surulere. Just have your pastors go with you, as the first child prayers mean a lot for him/her cos the first the bible says is your crown, so go with your pastor and hold tight your baby that day until you return.

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baybiemee: 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ah, Rukemi291, abeg o, if u try that one u go born for house o. I tell u when d labour starts u won't mind at all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Udoka ,Favored gal and Rukemi,they put the whole hand to bring out what is left of the after birth,blood clots and all.

Rukemi,not gonna be preggy again in this life time baby tongue cool.

@Beauty. You are on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
@baybimee,no mind Rukemi, when labor starts,she no go remember mirror .

@Gen buhari,she shall carry to term,may God crown your efforts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ byvan......thanks...i jealous this your 'done' position

Anyways i second rukemi, although not till the head is oit but i remember when kourtney's water broke in keeping up with the kardashians, she was so calm? She took a shower, shaved, took some pictures before she left for the hospital...
I want that kind of calmness
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Tobiegal. I will hold my baby like my phone. And sincerely, you are right with the stress part o. I wont even join them to peel Maggi wrapper not to talk of washing anything. The stress will be reduced really. Thank u much.

Redeemersaver. Oh. I feel so elated. *somebody, help me press my head, it's bigging*. Thanks for commenting cos of me. May God see you too through this journey.
I am also a muslim. I was just feeling bad that i have to name my baby in someone else's house. And it spoilt a lot of plans. But sincerely, since i shared on this thread and all the response i got, i realised it's no big deal. And i feel so good now. Thanks ma'am.

Udoka. I can imagine a whole fist inside the already painful kini. I will still get my mirror o. I no fit shout.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.