Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126230 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2285) (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
feddy27:

Teamie good to hear from you! Epidural is bae kiss It is the sweetest thing after jollof rice grin. I used it for my 1st and I'm towing same path again.

If you have the option, please go for it.

In terms of after effects, I didn't have any tho' some pple complain of mild back ache afterwards. It also depends on the expertise of the anaesthesiologist.
Do you use epidural for vd or cs?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
@ AlphaHandMaiden and feddy27, thanks for explaining epidural. I've been considering it but someone discouraged me saying you won't know when to push which can cause tears because you might not feel pains and it's only for the weak women. She's not a health professional, just a mother of two. She also said FTMs shouldn't use it, that's why I was a bit confused as to its advantages but now that you explained, I'm beginning to change my mind. It's an option my doctor has given me. The back ache resulting from side effects, how severe can it be?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FruitfulRay(f): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good day all, am new here and your posts are really beautiful, am not yet pregnant but I believe am conceiving this month. Being married for almost two years now and my prayer Is that i will be pregnant before our second anniversary which is in November. I need as many people as possible to say amen and agree with me.

God bless you all

64 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
FruitfulRay:
Good day all, am new here and your posts are really beautiful, am not yet pregnant but I believe am conceiving this month. Being married for almost two years now and my prayer Is that i will be pregnant before our second anniversary which is in November. I need as many people as possible to say amen and agree with me.

God bless you all

AMEN

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airforcewife(f): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Fruitfulray Amin, this September is the month of ur BFP, it's going to be sooner than u know..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Omojudy:

Do you use epidural for vd or cs?

VD
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Favouredmom:
@ AlphaHandM...aiden and fedd..y27, thanks for explaining epidural. I've been considering it but someone discouraged me saying you won't know when to push which can cause tears because you might not feel pains and it's only for the weak women. She's not a health professional, just a mother of two. She also said FTMs shouldn't use it, that's why I was a bit confused as to its advantages but now that you explained, I'm beginning to change my mind. It's an option my doctor has given me. The back ache resulting from side effects, how severe can it be?

Dont mind those stories of you won't know when to push! It's a big lie! Time to push, you will av serious urge to p.o.o and dat tells you pushin is by the corner. It hs nothing to do with tears. If your pelvic region is not wide Enuf, u will get a tear. Also, if you are forceful and don't follow ur doctor/midwife's instruction on when to push, you are bound to av a tear.

As for the back ache, I didn't experience any. Even if you do, it should be mild and phase off within few days. Infact I didn't av any side effects frm epidural. All thru labor, I ws busy watching videos, listenin to music, chatting until I felt d 'push' urge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
feddy27:

VD
And contractions still progress etc? How does it work?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
feddy27:

Dont mind those stories of you won't know when to push! It's a big lie! Time to push, you will av serious urge to p.o.o and dat tells you pushin is by the corner. It hs nothing to do with tears. If your pelvic region is not wide Enuf, u will get a tear. Also, if you are forceful and don't follow ur doctor/midwife's instruction on when to push, you are bound to av a tear.

As for the back ache, I didn't experience any. Even if you do, it should be mild and phase off within few days. Infact I didn't av any side effects frm epidural. All thru labor, I ws busy watching videos, listenin to music, chatting until I felt d 'push' urge.

This epidural thing sounds good, thanks for the detailed explanation
I'll discuss with my doctor at my next appointment
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by portable4real: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
Feddy27 and Alphahandmaiden

Thanks so much

my Docs and midwives have been telling me since all dis while on epidural.
Infact 2 of my Docs were like if I come to labor ward without opting for it dey won't allow me...loll

But people dat r not health workers hv been saying all sort of things. when I informed my Docs they were like Nigerians mentality of I must experience labor pain.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
Favouredmom:
@ AlphaHandMaiden and feddy27, thanks for explaining epidural. I've been considering it but someone discouraged me saying you won't know when to push because you might not feel pains and it's only for the weak women. She's not a health professional, just a mother of two. She also said FTMs shouldn't use it, that's why I was a bit confused as to its advantages but now that you explained, I'm beginning to change my mind. It's an option my doctor has given me. The back ache resulting from side effects, how severe can it be?

Weak women! What nonsense! If she has never used it then she is in no position to discourage ypu from using it. She should show you the medal they gave her in the hospital na or abi na guarantee say she go make heaven!

Yes, you are likely not to feel the contractions and know when to push, but you should be constantly monitored with a sensor attached to your tummy to monitor the contractions and the midwife/ doctor will guide you to let you know when to push.

With mine, after the epidural was put in i was given a bit of control, and instead of just a constant dose, i could press a little button attached to the drip to top up if i started feelig any pain, it is capped so you are unable to over dose . So closer to when i was to start pushing i was given the option not to top up the meds as often and i actually felt the contractions, although not painful.

The back ache is hit and miss and to be honest most mums, develope a terrible posture, from standing slouched, nursing in awkward positions , bending down to change nappies and what not, blaming epidural solely for the back aches is ridiculous.

You will be fitted with a cathether to catch any urine. And afterwards you need to wee up to a number of times before you are discharged to make sure everything is good down below. But that shouldn discourage you.

Another advantage of epidural is..... should you develope the need for any interventions... instrumental or cs delivery.... the spinal tap is already in place. They may just need to switch the meds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Congrats to mamas that have birthed their Los. May ur hopes never be dashed. Amen

Welcome back, Ahnie, tchiwinnie and welcome to newbies too. Have a hale and hearty nine months.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
Omojudy:

And contractions still progress etc? How does it work?

Yes, you will be strapped with a sensor and the contractions will be monitored on a screen.

When the contractions are coming, you will see the peak going up on the screen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
portable4real:
Fedd..y27 and Alphahand...maiden

Thanks so much

my Docs and midwives have been telling me since all dis while on epidural.
Infact 2 of my Docs were like if I come to labor ward without opting for it dey won't allow me...loll

But people dat r not health workers hv been saying all sort of things. when I informed my Docs they were like Nigerians mentality of I must experience labor pain.
My dear, no medal for experiencing labor pain. For me, I didn't even fall into labor b4 goin to the hospital so I literally don't av labor xperience. I opted for induction at 39wks, so I walked into the hospital and dey had to kick start everytin frm cervix ripening to labor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Feddy27 I already do the listed! Warm bath, massage with slightly heated oil, then warm milk every night before bedtime! He has been sleeping well before right from birth.

This new pattern started since he turned nine months and I'm just at loss of what to do again undecided he does have outdoor play time but I stopped it and restricted him to balcony cos he likes stuffing gravel in his mouth whenever we are outside. Someone said he is having a leap( whatever that means ) and will out grow it soon.

You look fabulous by the way and I can sight the cuteness king as well kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babylove01: 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
Good evening mamas, please I'd be going for my 36th week scan next week and would like to know what to ask the sonologist seeing that most of our naija pple can be funny at times. Any information would be appreciated. TIA
Cc feddy27, onegai, alphahandmaiden, mitchyy and all sabi mamas pls answer me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
FruitfulRay:

God bless you all

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Kom kom kom, errrm mamas na me o. I get announcement o. 3rd missionary journey don begin. I no even get LMP sef. When I still dey plan to insert implanon, rest small, lol. BT I m excited as I believe strongly e go b d sex Wey I desire. I go nw close shop quick quick come begin my sissy. if u see me, u no go even know say I don drop. lol.
Congrats and welcome back.may it be unto you as thou has desire

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
MamaOO:
Alhamdulilah!!!

My babyboy was born yesterday, September 05, 2016 (Labor Day) vaginally and weighing 8.9Lbs at exactly 10:09PST. Tired, sore, exhausted and overwhelmingly happy! Birth story will be posted ASAP. ...
Wow, another 4kg baby
Congratulations and quick recovery to you. No be small thing o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by onyinyechika08: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
Feddy27 and alphahandmaiden thanks alot for the reassurance. I felt discouraged after I watched d video on YouTube. The way they pierce ur back to insert the many injections and tube. Plus the plenty disadvantages online. That was why I needed first hand info from xperienced mamas. Better to have a stress-free n painless delivery jare.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Kom kom kom, errrm mamas na me o. I get announcement o. 3rd missionary journey don begin. I no even get LMP sef. When I still dey plan to insert implanon, rest small, lol. BT I m excited as I believe strongly e go b d sex Wey I desire. I go nw close shop quick quick come begin my sissy. if u see me, u no go even know say I don drop. lol.
Wow, congratulations and welcome back. Same thing that happened to me, I even went to the hospital for FP and they were on strike, before I could go back again, baby Sophie don enter balance well for belle. The babe smart eh lol.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mumjb:

pls wat can i do to make him sleep all through the night.

someone adviced me to give him sleeping tablet, but i think its not necessary .
Feed him with his heaviest meal (not pap cos pap is light, unless the pap will act as a top up after his meal) let him eat very very well , maybe it's even hunger that's waking him.

Don't feed him too early, if you go to bed around 9-10pm, you can feed him around that time.

Hope his room is well ventilated, let him be very comfortable while sleeping. When he wakes up, try giving him enough water to drink instead of viju or cheese ball and see if he will sleep back.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
juliebest:
Congrats to all who have given birth. Your los will bring blessings to your households.

Happy celebrations to all that celebrated.

Anak123 and Melly245, how are your parents? Hope they are doing better.

Vigilante mamas, well done o.

Newbies, una welucomu.
They are getting better thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
Liftedhands:
Fedd..y27 I already do the listed! Warm bath, massage with slightly heated oil, then warm milk every night before bedtime! He has been sleeping well before right from birth.

This new pattern started since he turned nine months and I'm just at loss of what to do again undecided he does have outdoor play time but I stopped it and restricted him to balcony cos he likes stuffing gravel in his mouth whenever we are outside. Someone said he is having a leap( whatever that means ) and will out grow it soon.

You look fabulous by the way and I can sight the cuteness king as well kiss kiss

E ya..dese toddlers av plenty 'leap' moments. Pele dear, he will surely outgrow it

Thanks for the compliments grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
feddy27:
#ThreadBumpies#TeamOctober#

I managed to take this snapshot.

Bump at 36wks

*catch my toddler by the side grin *mummy's handbag* He goes everywhere wit me
Na your eye be dis lol. The belle fits you but I think you look much more different from your first preggy pix. That your toddler looks like a noise maker lol.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
onyinyechika08:
Fedd..y27 and alphahand..maiden thanks alot for the reassurance. I felt discouraged after I watched d video on YouTube. The way they pierce ur back to insert the many injections and tube. Plus the plenty disadvantages online. That was why I needed first hand info from xperienced mamas. Better to have a stress-free n painless delivery jare.

The 'back piercing' is just a sting like ant bite and dats it.. u will be backing dem so u won't really see anytin. Till today, I don't know wat the needles look like
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
@feddy27 u look gud my swit cappo..! ur Prince charming is very handsome.. kisses to him..

team Oct hope we are all doing gud!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Topfuncakes166(f): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
Yawns,well,no one is welcoming me,I better catch some sleep...I yaf sleep sef

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Topfuncakes166:
Yawns,well,no one is welcoming me,I better catch some sleep...I yaf sleep sef
undecided why na?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
ozycy:

Na your eye be dis lol. The belle fits you but I think you look much more different from your first preggy pix. That your toddler looks like a noise maker lol.

Lol...na me be dis o... dat's my able companion and body guard o..lol

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
gandyluv:
@fedd..y27 u look gud my swit cappo..! ur Prince charming is very handsome.. kisses to him..

team Oct hope we are all doing gud!!!

Thanks my darling!

We re counting down o abi smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
babylove01:
Good evening mamas, please I'd be going for my 36th week scan next week and would like to know what to ask the sonologist seeing that most of our naija pple can be funny at times. Any information would be appreciated. TIA
Cc fed..dy27, onega..i, alphahand..maiden, mitch..yy and all sabi mamas pls answer me.

Basic things I normally ask is the amniotic fluid level, position of placenta, position of baby, heartbeat count, fetal movement

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2285) (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rhayne(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.