Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130441 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
March 5th @eniafelamo

Welcome and happy bumping

[s]I cannot compete with Zaynie for dashing things sha[/s]

Lol! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
FexCathy:

Thank u dear would have loved to but am not always online Co's of the nature of my work dosent allow me to be online always. I think Elmaspeed would do an excellent job.

cc: Elmaspeed wink

When did this happen? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good day evry1,

Team September how are we?
Lo have been doing acrobatics since mrning....I think this one is braxton hicks sef,

In other news, my legs have started swelling o, has any of u experienced it?.

May God make it easy for us all.

Abeg sabi momas, help me out.

Is there any need to buy receiving blanket after buying
1. The baby blanket
2. Baby shawl

I have the above 2, must I buy the receiving blanket? I intend going to the hospital with the shawl.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
peggygee:
Good day evry1,

Lo have been doing acrobatics since mrning....I think this one is braxton hicks sef,

1. The baby blanket
2. Baby shawl

I have the above 2, must I buy the receiving blanket? I intend going to the hospital with the shawl.

I think receiving blanket is the cotton one. You'll need it to handle baby on a daily basis to minimize skin contact with potentially troublesome surfaces, including hands that are not so clean.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
nneejima:

It was a horrible experience, though neither i nor my relatives were involved. Thanks for your care
all glory to the Almighty.I'm happy you people are safe.may God comfort d families of d deceased&speedy recovery to d injured cos it's not easy being in either shoes o.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:
Good day Mothers on this thread, I am reporting here for Team March 2018, March capoo pls add me, Mamas should please pray for me, this is my 4th pregnancy. Mummy Zaynie, promise kept.
congrats mama, may it be easy for u

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
Oh....OK, tnks so much, I never tot of that

ElmaSpeed:

I think receiving blanket is the cotton one. You'll need it to handle baby on a daily basis to minimize skin contact with potentially troublesome surfaces, including hands that are not so clean.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gwng: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
gwng:
We now have the Kinyo Single Breast Pump going for just 18K. Call 09053629994 to place your orders.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gwng: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Giddyperson:
thanks seems all manual pumps are useless then

We now have the Kinyo Single Breast Pump going for just 18K. Call 09053629994 to place your orders.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ify15:
Birth story!!!.Sorry itz coming late.I was given August 4th and 5th as my due dates respectively. As frm mid July, I was having some menstrual cramps feeling but i'l relax since I had nt lost my mucus plug.Fast forward to my 38th week,I really got tired of being pregnant,I started eating pineapple anyhow, yet nothing.I couldn't kpekus because I'm nt wt Oga.I came over to my parents' place to gv birth.I started dancing too.But on the 27th,I danced like no man's business twerked,bent waist,jump,twist. Yet nothing to the extent I was aching all over the next day.But that didn't discourage me.On the 28th,I learnt my parents were going to the farm nd I knew d road was very bumpy so I grabbed the opportunity nd joined them.On our way d pot holes were something else,nd I got tired of d journey sef.I still pounded yam that evening all to hasten labour o After rocking the pounded yam,I started feeling one kind heat o,I quickly finished it and dashed to the bathroom for a cold bath.After that, the heat stopped and I felt like pooing,I did but the urge to poo didn't stop immediately, I kept on visiting the toilet o.I managed to SLP.At about 11 I felt this sharp pain.More painful than the cramps i'v been having. I noticed it was coming frequently like every 20 minutes nd it was painful, nd strength exhausting. I told my mum nd she said we should c hw it goes till !morning.I could not sleep again,I was just waiting for dawn to come so the pain could leave me alone.When it was dawn mumsi asked if I had lost d mucus plug,I said no.She said i should wait till I lose it so that the doctors will not b using me to do practicals.I didn't lose the mucus plug till evening at around 6.30.On seeing it,I told my mum,nd she dressed up nd drove me to the hospital.On getting to the hospital,d doctors were asking me if I was sure I was in labour,I said yes.The doctors said they were expecting me to b screaming. They gave me a bed and examined me around 7.30 nd said I was 3cm dilated.That was so painful,i screamed out my lungs.They said they wil come back to examine me around 12.I was scared of it o.Between DAT time nd 12.00,the pains became stronger,this time around no breathing space nd I felt like pooing nd throwing up.The nurse brought me a dish to throw up in and told me it wasn't poo that it was my baby's head that was pressing my rectum. I was trying not to push.It got to 12 a.m nd the doctor came to examine me nd said i was 6cm dilated. He said he will cm back to examine by 4 a.m.After 5 minutes,I felt the urge to push,I was telling the nurse I can't hold back the poo o,I was just pushing,at a point,I felt something like ballon in between my laps,I called her attention nd she said it was my amniotic sac, she ruptured it and called the doctor this was around 12.15 a.m.The doctor came and examined me nd said they should prepare me for the second stage.I was so surprised that it was going to b DAT soon. I was taken to the second stage room nd given the instructions on how to push, I followed. When I got tired,I toldl the doctor I wanted to rest, he said if he let's me rest,d baby will drink fluid,he made me feel my baby's head about to pop,on feeling and hearing that,I used all my strength left to bring forth my prince charming at about 12.30 a.m.He weighed 3.8k.g.I was given a tear o.When they were suturing the tear,it was another round of pain for me even after given 3 analgesic injections but the pain was stil something else to the extent,I told d doctor to leave it like DAT.But he no gree hear.Lol.At the end of it all,wen I look at my cutie pie,I forget about all the pains and smile.I bless God for his faithfulness. I wish my August teamies and other waddling mamas a smooth and fast delivery on Jesus' name.Birth story submitted. Cc. ToyosiR

Thanks. Amen to your prayers. I love your BS.

Thanks for the submission....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
olalayo1710:
congrats mama, may it be easy for u
Amen, thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
March 5th @eniafelamo

Welcome and happy bumping

[s]I cannot compete with Zaynie for dashing things sha[/s]

Thank you for the love ma! Anyhow God wants it, lets wait and see, all I want is baby alive and healthy , mother alive and healthy, father rejoicing with plenty money (we need am abeg).

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:
Good day Mothers on this thread, I am reporting here for Team March 2018, March capoo pls add me, Mamas should please pray for me, this is my 4th pregnancy. Mummy Zaynie, promise kept.
Congrats Mama, may the Lord perfect all that concerns you....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
Evening mamas,hope we're having a good day? May this week be a favourable one,amen. It's Prayer Monday but today I just want to give thanks and no, it's not a B.A.
Almighty Allah Subuhanahu Watahala,we give You thanks,praises,honour and we glorify your name, subhanallah walhamdulillah! We say alhamdulillah for the gift of life,for sound health,for family, for our LOs (both in the womb and outside),our DHs and all that is tied to us. We say alhamdulillah for the manifestation of your works and omnipotence in our lives! We say alhamdulillah for our health assistants from the highest ranking to the lowest. We thank you Ya Rabb for ramah,salam,sabr,shukr and barakah. It can only be You and You alone! For all these and more we say Alhamdulillahi Rabbil al ameen! Ameen.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:

Congrats ma'am! Have a stress free journey ride of 9month

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
nneejima:
Nne it was real, it happened at our neighboring village
Hmmm, Ozubulu is my mom's village. Thank God, I didn't lose any relative.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2017
I ve a lil question ma'am, wot can make a baby change position from Cephalic position to breech? Lo has been in cephalic position since ard 15wks but scan just said he's in breech position now @ 28wks6days....And hope as weight of 1.291kg is of normal range? Sabi mamas abeg no waka pass....

Any MFM mama in d house? Abeg how we win manage do dis 70days fasting, I managed till 12pm today by his grace...Looking for d remaining 69days.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
peggygee:
Good day evry1,

1. The baby blanket
2. Baby shawl

Can't say confidently that I've been feeling Braxton but baby has been more active sha.

I bot all three oh. Will take receiving and blanket to hospital for delivery then probably use shawl for naming. I got a cream shawl but blanket is multicouloured.

God will make it easy for us. #teamseptemberfor easyandswiftdelivery

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
I ve a lil question ma'am, wot can make a baby change position from Cephalic position to breech? Lo has been in cephalic position since ard 15wks but scan just said he's in breech position now @ 28wks6days....And hope as weight of 1.291kg is of normal range? Sabi mamas abeg no waka pass....

Any MFM mama in d house? Abeg how we win manage do dis 70days fasting, I managed till 12pm today by his grace...Looking for d remaining 69days.

For the weight which is the one I'm aware of, I believe it is fine. Mine was 1.5kg @30weekS and doc said that was fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ify15:
Birth story!!!.Sorry itz coming late.I was given August 4th and 5th as my due dates respectively. As frm mid July, I was having some menstrual cramps feeling but i'l relax since I had nt lost my mucus plug.Fast forward to my 38th week,I really got tired of being pregnant,I started eating pineapple anyhow, yet nothing.I couldn't kpekus because I'm nt wt Oga.I came over to my parents' place to gv birth.I started dancing too.But on the 27th,I danced like no man's business twerked,bent waist,jump,twist. Yet nothing to the extent I was aching all over the next day.But that didn't discourage me.On the 28th,I learnt my parents were going to the farm nd I knew d road was very bumpy so I grabbed the opportunity nd joined them.On our way d pot holes were something else,nd I got tired of d journey sef.I still pounded yam that evening all to hasten labour o After rocking the pounded yam,I started feeling one kind heat o,I quickly finished it and dashed to the bathroom for a cold bath.After that, the heat stopped and I felt like pooing,I did but the urge to poo didn't stop immediately, I kept on visiting the toilet o.I managed to SLP.At about 11 I felt this sharp pain.More painful than the cramps i'v been having. I noticed it was coming frequently like every 20 minutes nd it was painful, nd strength exhausting. I told my mum nd she said we should c hw it goes till !morning.I could not sleep again,I was just waiting for dawn to come so the pain could leave me alone.When it was dawn mumsi asked if I had lost d mucus plug,I said no.She said i should wait till I lose it so that the doctors will not b using me to do practicals.I didn't lose the mucus plug till evening at around 6.30.On seeing it,I told my mum,nd she dressed up nd drove me to the hospital.On getting to the hospital,d doctors were asking me if I was sure I was in labour,I said yes.The doctors said they were expecting me to b screaming. They gave me a bed and examined me around 7.30 nd said I was 3cm dilated.That was so painful,i screamed out my lungs.They said they wil come back to examine me around 12.I was scared of it o.Between DAT time nd 12.00,the pains became stronger,this time around no breathing space nd I felt like pooing nd throwing up.The nurse brought me a dish to throw up in and told me it wasn't poo that it was my baby's head that was pressing my rectum. I was trying not to push.It got to 12 a.m nd the doctor came to examine me nd said i was 6cm dilated. He said he will cm back to examine by 4 a.m.After 5 minutes,I felt the urge to push,I was telling the nurse I can't hold back the poo o,I was just pushing,at a point,I felt something like ballon in between my laps,I called her attention nd she said it was my amniotic sac, she ruptured it and called the doctor this was around 12.15 a.m.The doctor came and examined me nd said they should prepare me for the second stage.I was so surprised that it was going to b DAT soon. I was taken to the second stage room nd given the instructions on how to push, I followed. When I got tired,I toldl the doctor I wanted to rest, he said if he let's me rest,d baby will drink fluid,he made me feel my baby's head about to pop,on feeling and hearing that,I used all my strength left to bring forth my prince charming at about 12.30 a.m.He weighed 3.8k.g.I was given a tear o.When they were suturing the tear,it was another round of pain for me even after given 3 analgesic injections but the pain was stil something else to the extent,I told d doctor to leave it like DAT.But he no gree hear.Lol.At the end of it all,wen I look at my cutie pie,I forget about all the pains and smile.I bless God for his faithfulness. I wish my August teamies and other waddling mamas a smooth and fast delivery on Jesus' name.Birth story submitted. Cc. ToyosiR

Congratulations momma! God bless baby abundantly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
Baby still has lot of time to turn.
My LO weighed 1.53kg at 30.6days and 2.09kg at 32.6day.Was told both were OK. So no worries
And besides scan weight isn't always accurate.

quote author=Pweetiebabe post=59241192]I ve a lil question ma'am, wot can make a baby change position from Cephalic position to breech? Lo has been in cephalic position since ard 15wks but scan just said he's in breech position now @ 28wks6days....And hope as weight of 1.291kg is of normal range? Sabi mamas abeg no waka pass....

Any MFM mama in d house? Abeg how we win manage do dis 70days fasting, I managed till 12pm today by his grace...Looking for d remaining 69days.[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Pweetiebabe:

All the kicking and movement you are feeling, do you think it is your baby just doing "running man"? grin
Baby's movement also involves turning and sumersaulting. So s/he will likely keep turning till they are ready to come out.

For the fasting i am not mfm, but i will advise you against it. There are other things you can give up during the fast season that do not have to be food. If you crave soft drinks for instance, or like taking a usual treat, you can deprive yourself of that instead of normal food. Or there may be other material non-food things you can give up inplace of the food fasting. And you join in the usual prayers as best as you can.

Do not go and collapse because of fasting oh, . biko apply wisdom, you need your steady intake of calories and hydration. After you give birth and finish breast feeding, you can make up then for your fast if you want to.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tripletmom: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello, please has any mama here made use of peach care hospital ogudu, if yes, how is the place?
I called to ask about there price for ANC and i was told 100k shocked.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mahoti(f): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello teamoctober,how is d lo doing.i have not started buying baby things o cos boyfriend said he dosnt have money and he jst celebrated his other girlfrnd birthday hmmm men.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2017
goodfortun:

Thanks for responding. It's Lagos to Abuja which is bout 1 hour so I'm hoping baby stays put. If twasnt important I'll just sit down and respect myself. Doubt the doctor would back date. He's said 36weeks is their final limit. Just wanto know if I package myself very well; if the airline would not start asking unnecessary questions?
I am only 16weeks although my bump take style commot, i flew very recently (yesterday) via Dana, even if the bump looked obviously small, they still asked. They didn't ask for evidence though but i think if you are bigger they would, they seemed strict. Furthermore, anything can happen within the hour e.g i went from a normal day to emergency CS in 45mins, so really anything can happen. For the sake of safety, i would say stay put, weigh the advantages/urgency/importance against the disadvantages/risks. Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

All the kicking and movement you are feeling, do you think it is your baby just doing "running man"? grin
Baby's movement also involves turning and sumersaulting. So s/he will likely keep turning till they are ready to come out.

For the fasting i am not mfm, but i will advise you against it. There are other things you can give up during the fast season that do not have to be food. If you crave soft drinks for instance, or like taking a usual treat, you can deprive yourself of that instead of normal food. Or there may be other material non-food things you can give up inplace of the food fasting. And you join in the usual prayers as best as you can.

Do not go and collapse because of fasting oh, . biko apply wisdom, you need your steady intake of calories and hydration. After you give birth and finish breast feeding, you can make up then for your fast if you want to.
Thanks so much mummy,infarct u 3 much....Make I go tell Leeboo DAT my own method of fasting is to stay away from all house chores o,@ least am depriving myself of some and probably make we put d Kpekus ministry on hold even though na every night I dey give one excuse or d other.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
goodfortun:

For the weight which is the one I'm aware of, I believe it is fine. Mine was 1.5kg @30weekS and doc said that was fine.
Thanks ma'am....God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
My LO weighed 1.53kg at 30.6days and 2.09kg at 32.6day.Was told both were OK. So no worries

Thanks so much ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2017
Mahoti:
Hello teamoctober,how is d lo doing.i have not started buying baby things o cos boyfriend said he dosnt have money and he jst celebrated his other girlfrnd birthday hmmm men.
No money cos he just celebrated his other GF Bday? Wonders shall never cease, I think ur boyfriend need his brain to be put on Auto reset with a good slap or beating, he prefers d bday Dan preparing for his unborn child?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
mitche15:

I am only 16weeks although my bump take style commot, i flew very recently (yesterday) via Dana, even if the bump looked obviously small, they still asked. They didn't ask for evidence though but i think if you are bigger they would, they seemed strict. Furthermore, anything can happen within the hour e.g i went from a normal day to emergency CS in 45mins, so really anything can happen. For the sake of safety, i would say stay put, weigh the advantages/urgency/importance against the disadvantages/risks. Goodluck

Wow. For them to ask @16weeks, that's what I'm scared of and don't wanna tell unnecessary lies. Don't think I look more than 30weekS and that's what I'm counting on. Will weigh the options and decide.Thanks a bunch!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
N
MoyosBlog123:

quote author=Pweetiebabe post=59241192]I ve a lil question ma'am, wot can make a baby change position from Cephalic position to breech? Lo has been in cephalic position since ard 15wks but scan just said he's in breech position now @ 28wks6days....And hope as weight of 1.291kg is of normal range? Sabi mamas abeg no waka pass....

In my honest opinion, I don't think u shd fast cos u r breastfeeding and baby consumes wat u take. Baby wee nt send u weda u fast or nt. All ur lo knows is dt they must suck coupled with d fact dt u gat 2 be on ur toes wen they need our attention (which could be stressful). Don't go and fast and wen body wee b doing u one kind one kind, pipu wee be asking u who send u msg 2 fast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.