Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8129608 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2017
You can only fly if your doctor backdate ur due date.
And if u have a good doc he won't do it for u cos of the risk involved.
36weeks is late to travel by air not to talk of after.

Modified: just saw the within Nigeria part. What if u go into labour on air. Remember this is Nigeria.
goodfortun:
Hello mommas. May God make it easy for us. Please is there any preggy mom that had to travel by air within Nigeria after 36 weeks? What airline did you use and did dey require any documentation especially wen the bump isn't so big?

My hospital does not give fit to fly past 36weeks and i might need to travel later than that but the good thing is that my bump is portable so I think I can get away with it. Just need 1st hand insight. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NIFES(f): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2017
YACAA:
Alohaa beautiful mamas,

Congratulations to all those who have put to birth; and for those yet to, wishing you a safe and joyful birth experience.

PRAYER MONDAY

Father Lord,
We praise you for who you are, and how lovingly you hold each of us dear to your hearts.
Thank you for being such a good good father to us, and counting us worthy to look after these little ones you have blessed us with.
Lord, it is you who gives children, and we know that whatever you have started you always perfect; so we proclaim that each of our pregnancies will end in praise; and you will guide us as to how to bring up each of these little ones.
We declare that as we wait for our beautiful little ones to come out, you will grant us great health, joyful pregnancy experiences, and a deeper relationship with you to see things the way you see them.
Fear will not be our portion no matter what medical personnel say; but rather, we will lean on your loving word that gives love, power, and sound mind.
Continue to hold us delicately in your hands like eggs and never leave nor forsake us.
In Jesus mighty name we pray.
We love you father. Amen

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2017
Ify15:
Birth story!!!.Sorry itz coming late.I was given August 4th and 5th as my due dates respectively. As frm mid July, I was having some menstrual cramps feeling but i'l relax since I had nt lost my mucus plug.Fast forward to my 38th week,I really got tired of being pregnant,I started eating pineapple anyhow, yet nothing.I couldn't kpekus because I'm nt wt Oga.I came over to my parents' place to gv birth.I started dancing too.But on the 27th,I danced like no man's business twerked,bent waist,jump,twist. Yet nothing to the extent I was aching all over the next day.But that didn't discourage me.On the 28th,I learnt my parents were going to the farm nd I knew d road was very bumpy so I grabbed the opportunity nd joined them.On our way d pot holes were something else,nd I got tired of d journey sef.I still pounded yam that evening all to hasten labour o After rocking the pounded yam,I started feeling one kind heat o,I quickly finished it and dashed to the bathroom for a cold bath.After that, the heat stopped and I felt like pooing,I did but the urge to poo didn't stop immediately, I kept on visiting the toilet o.I managed to SLP.At about 11 I felt this sharp pain.More painful than the cramps i'v been having. I noticed it was coming frequently like every 20 minutes nd it was painful, nd strength exhausting. I told my mum nd she said we should c hw it goes till !morning.I could not sleep again,I was just waiting for dawn to come so the pain could leave me alone.When it was dawn mumsi asked if I had lost d mucus plug,I said no.She said i should wait till I lose it so that the doctors will not b using me to do practicals.I didn't lose the mucus plug till evening at around 6.30.On seeing it,I told my mum,nd she dressed up nd drove me to the hospital.On getting to the hospital,d doctors were asking me if I was sure I was in labour,I said yes.The doctors said they were expecting me to b screaming. They gave me a bed and examined me around 7.30 nd said I was 3cm dilated.That was so painful,i screamed out my lungs.They said they wil come back to examine me around 12.I was scared of it o.Between DAT time nd 12.00,the pains became stronger,this time around no breathing space nd I felt like pooing nd throwing up.The nurse brought me a dish to throw up in and told me it wasn't poo that it was my baby's head that was pressing my rectum. I was trying not to push.It got to 12 a.m nd the doctor came to examine me nd said i was 6cm dilated. He said he will cm back to examine by 4 a.m.After 5 minutes,I felt the urge to push,I was telling the nurse I can't hold back the poo o,I was just pushing,at a point,I felt something like ballon in between my laps,I called her attention nd she said it was my amniotic sac, she ruptured it and called the doctor this was around 12.15 a.m.The doctor came and examined me nd said they should prepare me for the second stage.I was so surprised that it was going to b DAT soon. I was taken to the second stage room nd given the instructions on how to push, I followed. When I got tired,I toldl the doctor I wanted to rest, he said if he let's me rest,d baby will drink fluid,he made me feel my baby's head about to pop,on feeling and hearing that,I used all my strength left to bring forth my prince charming at about 12.30 a.m.He weighed 3.8k.g.I was given a tear o.When they were suturing the tear,it was another round of pain for me even after given 3 analgesic injections but the pain was stil something else to the extent,I told d doctor to leave it like DAT.But he no gree hear.Lol.At the end of it all,wen I look at my cutie pie,I forget about all the pains and smile.I bless God for his faithfulness. I wish my August teamies and other waddling mamas a smooth and fast delivery on Jesus' name.Birth story submitted. Cc. ToyosiR

Congratulations. We're happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2017
mignone:

giddyperson is funny indeed,she be clown.i always look forward to reading her comments.abt d eba,i think it's d way u scooped it into d plate tho. btw,do u mind putting me fru a simple way to make afang?
OK then. I used garri cutter.
On simple way of making afang soup,
Wash and slice the water leaves into tiny pieces. Grind or pound the sliced Okazi leaves (the sellers of these sliced Okazi leaves have a machine for grinding it but I prefer using the blender with a little water, to ensure proper hygiene.)
Boil the beef and Kanda with diced onions and knor or maggi cubes in a very small quantity of water and keep separately when done. Boil the stock fish till done. Add everything together with dry fish and cook for about 5 more minutes.
Now add palm oil(generous amount) , crayfish and pepper. Once it starts boiling, add the periwinkle and cover to boil for about 2 mins. Add the sliced water leaves, stir it and then add the grinded afang (okazi) leaves. Stir very well and if the soup is too thick, you add a little water. Add salt to taste and leave to simmer for 3-5 minutes. and the Afang soup is ready!
This is my simple way of making it though. Others may have their own recipe.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2017
MummyAudrey:
Happy Sunday sabi mamas abeg make una
add me to January team ohhhh

Cc curvilicious, we don get another January mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
You can only fly if your doctor backdate ur due date.
And if u have a good doc he won't do it for u cos of the risk involved.
36weeks is late to travel by air not to talk of after.

Modified: just saw the within Nigeria part. What if u go into labour on air. Remember this is Nigeria.

Thanks for responding. It's Lagos to Abuja which is bout 1 hour so I'm hoping baby stays put. If twasnt important I'll just sit down and respect myself. Doubt the doctor would back date. He's said 36weeks is their final limit. Just wanto know if I package myself very well; if the airline would not start asking unnecessary questions?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2017
Momagic:
Hello mamas.
I'm new here. Yay! I just joined today cos there are loads of stuff to gain and of course something to give back. I've been a visitor for some weeks now. I'm currently expecting a baby and 16 weeks gone.

I dunno if I'm allowed recommend something for mamas experiencing MS-Vitamin B6 and Unisom. I dealth with severe nausea n vomitting and when I say nothing worked I mean nothing! Not crackers,ginger, or whatever I saw listed here worked for me. VIT B6 and unisom combo works like magic. You can google it and read all about the required dosage. I take 50g vit B6 2ce daily and 1/2 unisom twice daily. As recommended by my doc. Make sure you use them together. If you can't drink water take it with whatever you can keep down. For me it was ICE. You will immediately feel better as you become able to eat something and drink more because what worsens MS is starvation,dehydration and stress. Hope this helps.

thanks ma'am for sharing esp VIT B6.... just remembered I googled for foods with VIT B6 then when Preggy and I saw turkey was part of them( Chicken too but I prefer turkey) and I devoured with pleasure though in little quantity per time. @booqee....how's you doing
@Annie... what's popping? how dey go dey go?
@forzarush....thanks for the mention...wishing you easy delivery soon
@gaily04...been a while, how far the implant..just removed mine sef
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2017
AmJane:

OK then. I used garri cutter.
On simple way of making afang soup,
Wash and slice the water leaves into tiny pieces. Grind or pound the sliced Okazi leaves (the sellers of these sliced Okazi leaves have a machine for grinding it but I prefer using the blender with a little water)
Boil the beef and Kanda with diced onions and knor or maggi cubes in a very small quantity of water and keep separately when done. Boil the stock fish till done. Add everything together with dry fish and cook for about 5 more minutes.
Now add palm oil(generous amount) , crayfish and pepper. Once it starts boiling, add the periwinkle and cover to boil for about 2 mins. Add the sliced water leaves, stir it and then add the grinded afang (okazi) leaves. Stir very well and if the soup is too thick, you add a little water. Add salt to taste and leave to simmer for 3-5 minutes. and the Afang soup is ready!
This is my simple way of making it though. Others may have their own recipe.
I appreciate ur patience.it's this simple one I like o,Thanks so much&greetings to d family

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2017
Dazzle86:

Which massacre? We have not had light since last night. Let me go and read the dailies. Na wa. God save this country.
Nne it was real, it happened at our neighboring village
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneejima(f): 11:43am On Aug 07, 2017
mignone:
mamas in Anambra,Hope we&loved ones are safe.i heard about the massacre.may d peace of God which surpaseth all understanding continue to abide with us&may d Almighty speak peace into our nation.
Good day mamas&happy Sunday;do all av a fruitful week ahead
It was a horrible experience, though neither i nor my relatives were involved. Thanks for your care

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
Yes teamie I am better now, all tnks to God. Tnks for checking up on us.

YACAA:

Hello teamie,
Hope you are much better now? Sending you and the lo loads of strength, good health, and joy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
Amen n Amen.

YACAA:
Alohaa beautiful mamas,

Congratulations to all those who have put to birth; and for those yet to, wishing you a safe and joyful birth experience.

PRAYER MONDAY

Father Lord,
We praise you for who you are, and how lovingly you hold each of us dear to your hearts.
Thank you for being such a good good father to us, and counting us worthy to look after these little ones you have blessed us with.
Lord, it is you who gives children, and we know that whatever you have started you always perfect; so we proclaim that each of our pregnancies will end in praise; and you will guide us as to how to bring up each of these little ones.
We declare that as we wait for our beautiful little ones to come out, you will grant us great health, joyful pregnancy experiences, and a deeper relationship with you to see things the way you see them.
Fear will not be our portion no matter what medical personnel say; but rather, we will lean on your loving word that gives love, power, and sound mind.
Continue to hold us delicately in your hands like eggs and never leave nor forsake us.
In Jesus mighty name we pray.
We love you father. Amen

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenhecate: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
Phlakkeys I hope you are o.k. please let us know dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good day Mothers on this thread, I am reporting here for Team March 2018, March capoo pls add me, Mamas should please pray for me, this is my 4th pregnancy. Mummy Zaynie, promise kept.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MsAfricaa: 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sansa143:
Oh my love?How is u?How is baby D?Congrats oh,wanted tying dat earlier but e skip my mind!

Am fine ooh,thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:
Good day Mothers on this thread, I am reporting here for Team March 2018, March capoo pls add me, Mamas should please pray for me, this is my 4th pregnancy. Mummy Zaynie, promise kept.
Congrats you shall carry to term and I shall be God mother cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:

Welcome dear. Don't worry God is with you and you shal carry to term and deliver safely. Lemme add you to the list but we are yet to have cappo sha.

Team March 2018
FexCathy
Nifes
Temmy2103
Elmaspeed
Tripletmom
Beautyuche
Eniafelamo

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
AyamConfidence:
nnem oma good evening

It's been a while since we see you ooo for diary section ooo...izit still the laziness??

How is Bee and your Cookiejar
We good dear. How are you? Na laziness ooo.
#palmsface
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
Giddyperson:
Congrats you shall carry to term and I shall be God mother cheesy
Amen to that, Thank you ma, Kisses to Giddybaby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
CoolOne1:
@Zaynie....Thanks a lot for the gift....received with thanks...Ur goods are also nice...they really come as they look..

Thanks babe, for your patronage and this.
Oshey! kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
FexCathy:

Welcome dear. Don't worry God is with you and you shal carry to term and deliver safely. Lemme add you to the list but we are yet to have cappo sha.

Team March 2018
FexCathy
Nifes
Temmy2103
Elmaspeed
Tripletmom
Beautyuche
Eniafelamo

Thank you ma, you can as well be the cappo o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:

Babe! kiss kiss kiss
Congratulations!!!!!!
This has come to stay In Sha Allah.
You will carry to term and deliver with ease ni agbara Olorun.
Take it easy, shogbo. Don't stress yourself in anyway....
Allah will make it easy for you. Amin.
Oya siddon on top the golden chair.
Lemme goan find Amala are ewedu at gbegiri pelu ogunfe. grin

Giddyperson, shift go one side, this is my godbaby angry angry
I called dibs before he was conceived sef.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AyamConfidence(m): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
beyedew:

We good dear. How are you? Na laziness ooo.
#palmsface
Nne abeg remove the palm and use towel cover your face...ordinary to type and entertain your fans you no gree... Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
zaynie:

Babe! kiss kiss kiss
Congratulations!!!!!!
This has come to stay In Sha Allah.
You will carry to term and deliver with ease ni agbara Olorun.
Take it easy, shogbo. Don't stress yourself in anyway....
Allah will make it easy for you. Amin.
Oya siddon on top the golden chair.
Lemme goan find Amala are ewedu at gbegiri pelu ogunfe. grin

Giddyperson, shift go one side, this is my godbaby angry angry
I called dibs before he was conceived sef.

Ameen!!! See my head swelling! 2 powerful Mamas as godmother for my baby! March do quick and come o, this baby has so many mamas waiting to spoil him/her silly.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:

Ameen!!! See my head swelling! 2 powerful Mamas as godmother for my baby! March do quick and come o, this baby has so many mamas waiting to spoil him/her silly.

Just born March 16......
Ha!!!!!
Won a gba!
Shebi you're Lagos based?

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
You are welicome! grin
eniafelamo:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
eniafelamo:

Thank you ma, you can as well be the cappo o.
Thank u dear would have loved to but am not always online Co's of the nature of my work dosent allow me to be online always. I think Elmaspeed would do an excellent job.

cc: Elmaspeed wink

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
zaynie:

Just born March 16......
Ha!!!!!
Won a gba!

Ha! Mummy Zaynie, I was even rooting for 15th, anniversary of my twin angel babies, anyhow sha, all I want is a healthy baby, I am no longer in lagos o, I stay in the north, but I am still Omo Eko gangan.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
Naomi14:
You are welicome! grin
Thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
March 5th @eniafelamo

Welcome and happy bumping

[s]I cannot compete with Zaynie for dashing things sha[/s]

zaynie:

Just born March 16......
Ha!!!!!
Won a gba!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: FloraEC(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.