Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8140042 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4071) (4072) (4073) (4074) (4075) (4076) (4077) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
ElmaSpeed:
What do I do to raise my blood count from 9.5 to 13 within two weeks?
I have zero appetite. All cravings have mysteriously vanished. The pain in my legs is unbelievable (funny thing is I can't walk much but I can drive). My emotional state is just upside down.

I need help cry

mama,pls find garden egg leaf and eat. it will increase it sharply.

Kokozain,may God give you double for this. pls be strong.

floraec,stephmiracle and other mamas that mentioned me. thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eniafelamo: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
kokozain:
my wife birth story

Subhannallah! May Allah in his infinite mercies grant u sef ur wife double for ur trouble.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=ahnie post=64979625]
Hey woman....de le?
umu'go shi ya... I dey fine oh.....
They really fine.
How zino my babe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
Kk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stormie: 7:08am On Feb 12, 2018
BA! BA!! BA!!!

God in His mercies blessed us with a baby girl weighing 3.3kg on Thursday February 8th through an emergency CS. Baby is doing great, mother could be better.

BS will come much later please, let me go and deal with this post op pain.

Safe delivery to remaining #teamFebruary mamas ànd other mamas.

Cappo Lioha, kindly take note

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 7:15am On Feb 12, 2018
stormie:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

God in His mercies blessed us with a baby girl weighing 3.3kg on Thursday February 8th through an emergency CS. Baby is doing great, mother could be better.

Cappo Lioh,a, kindly take note
Congratulations ma'am and welcome to your princess.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 12, 2018
Kokozain I'm deeply sorry and sad about what happened. I wish I could find better words to make you and wifey feel better, but I am certain that the God you serve will console you and give you double for all of ur troubles.
.. this is just sad.. Take care of yourself and wifey. It will only get better after this...cos I believe this would be the last time you will experience any loss of such kind. Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2018
@stormie congratulations teamie! May God bless your sweet baby

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 8:06am On Feb 12, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

With joy in our hearts and utmost gratitude to Almighty God, we announce the arrival of bloomingtwins through elective cs. Both weighing 2.8. The twins are great, Mother is fine and father is rejoicing.
wow! Victory at last, congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 8:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Prayer monday.

Father Lord i come before you this morning with thanksgiving in my heart Lord
I pray that as many of us that have sinned against you, that you have mercy and restore to us all that the enemies have taken from us in Jesus name, Amen
I pray that as many that are in favour room now that you will go before them and make it smooth for them in Jesus name
Father Lord i pray and commit and pregnant mamas here that at the apponted time of delivery that we all shall have testimonies in our mouths in jesus name, Amen
I pray and cover our babies in the womb with the blood of Jesus christ, Amen
I pray for does believing for a miricle like this, that you will visit them this year in Jesus name,Amen
I pray that you will provide for us in taking care of precious gift that you have giving to us
I pray for our dhs that anything that they point their hands upon shall prospert in Jesus name, amen.
To say thank you for all the things that you have done for us here and our various homes.
I cover the prayers with the blood of Jesus christ, Amen
thank you father for answers prayers, Amen.

42 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 8:49am On Feb 12, 2018
ApotiEriOluwa1:
I want to use dz medium to appreciate fed..dy27 4 d gift she sent to my twins, may d Lord enrich ur pocket. Our big sis fedora wl continue 2 be a source of joy 2 d family, May God increase u on all sides. more money in ur bank account.

My Appreciation goes 2 Big mummy Za..ynie, thanks 4 ur good heart ma, God bless u richly, more Grace, more strength, Olorun a da omo si oo & thanks 4 bringing MHC, I received my package dz morning & it was wow! God bless d Mama's dat give it out. All d cloth fit in , Ese Adupe o

Amen! May God bless and keep you and give you the grace and resources to take are of the babies. kisses to the twins from Fedora kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaite23: 8:59am On Feb 12, 2018
kokozain:

Yeah all genetic test has been carried out and all are to our advantage. That is why the baby could be produced. This very one came up with respiratory disorder that I learnt it happens to some baby too. Though some came out of it but some don't. May God help us

Amen. It is well with you and your wife. Very soon u will have testimony to share on this platform.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 9:00am On Feb 12, 2018
kokozain:
my wife birth story
I suppose to have gave the story earlier than this but the news just been released to my wife yesternight.
kokozain, I cant imagine what you and wifey are going through. God will give u d foritude to bear and move on. Please give our teamie E-hugs from all of us of Team March. The baby that would stay is already finding its way to you. God will see you guys through.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erutoria: 9:03am On Feb 12, 2018
@ kokozain. I can't imagine what ur wife is going through right now. I want you to be strong for urself and ur wife. Its well. Tripplet are already on the way.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erutoria: 9:15am On Feb 12, 2018
Thks for the information. It HSS a lot of relieve to us who are looking forward for VBACS. May God see us through author=zaynie post=64933938]Lioha,
I saw your question for VBAC o, each time I want to reply, something else comes up.
Ma binu kiss

I think the first line to cross would be the reason for the first CS. If it's because of you as the mom, then there is the probability that you will have a repeat CS for example small pelvis, PIH, Gestational diabetes or low pain threshold. If it relates to the child (as each pregnancy differs), then you have a chance at VBAC for example oligohydramnios( my own reason), polyhydramnios, big baby, not dilatating fast enough, PIH due to distress on baby(also my case), distressed baby, breech baby, multiple foetus, placenta previa etc.
If you had a really high PIH in your first pregnancy or premclampsia, then there's a strong chance it will happen in all your pregnancies except you go through a very strict lifestyle change (and it might not). Same goes with gestational diabetes. Its your body reacting to your pregnancy. If your bp rises towards the end of your pregnancy, that's usually normal and due to the pressure of the baby on your body.

For me, my first child was oligohydramnios at 37 weeks. Amniotic fluid that should be at 4.0ml was at 1.6ml and rapidly decreasing. It would dry up before 40 weeks. The first indicator was the bp which was normal till my 36th week appointment. Dr actually sent me for scan cos he felt I was carrying a big baby. By the 38th week, my bp was haywire despite all the drugs and the doctors decided to induce me, it didn't work and I had a CS.

My next pregnancy, I decided to try VBAC.
What worked for me?
1. I tried to eat healthy. Big babies put pressure on your uterus and no doctor would take the risk of pressure on your already scarred uterus. I can say I maintained a steady weight all through my second pregnancy. No +16kg for me o.
2. I tried not to over think things or fall into depression. The devil tried and it was during the time my late mil fell sick. It was a harrowing experience.
3. I constantly told my self I could do this. As long as my baby and I are fine, I will do this. My friend who had a VBAC assured me that labour was freaking painful and long but that I had to hold out (as I didn't get past 6cm in my previous pregnancy).
4. I spoke to my doctors and did regular scans. I wanted to know if my baby was in good condition to do this with me. I'd rather be cut than have a dead baby. 40 weeks is nor a small child's play.
5. I did all possible dos to exercise my cervix. I wanted my cervix to dilate with the speed of light by the onset of labour and I didn't want tear......

My doctors told me I wouldn't be allowed to exceed 40 weeks. They didn't want to take unnecessary chances.
My appt was on Wednesday and I was set on giving birth before then.
The Friday of my 39th week, I went to a nurse to check my cervix. It was tight shut. I did scan to check heartbeat and all and baby was fine and healthy. I was going to do the castor oil but my mom and husband didn't allow me. I slept and woke to contractions. I want to believe that I willed her to come.

Labour for VBaC cannot be augmented (pitocin) this is because the pitocin causes the uterus to contract at a crazy rate and a scarred uterus could rupture. I kept my pitocin in my purse during labour, I couldn't risk and overzealous nurse or doctor administering it. (It was later used to expel the placenta after childbirth).
Labour for VBAC is like you're giving birth the first time. It can be very long. I was in labour for 22 hours. It was painful and towards the end,I screamed for CS but my angel doctor told me he wouldn't do the CS since I was so insistent on VBAC. (You needed to see my shakara and sharp mouth every time I went for ANC)
I stayed home for the first 9hours of my labour. I wasn't keen on being at the hospital and rolling on the bed and not allowed to be with my support system. While at home, I got on one of our gym equipment and exercised. Anything to encourage baby to come faster and not stop contractions.
I was cool at the hospital till I couldn't be cool anymore, let me tell you something, 8-10cm is a big bad biatch. It will make you curse your momma and deny God. 8-10cm is usually the shortest phase but it is the most painful.
I got to 10cm and Dr realised I had posterior or is it anterior cervix. There was no way baby would come out. Imagine being on constant 10cm pain for 3 hours!
My doctor agreed to CS, although he told me if I could hold on, the anterior cervix would open up. He kept posting me hour to hour till I spent 3 hours o. My baby was doing excellent. I insisted they check her every now and then( the nurses wan die for my hand that day)
Just as I was being prepped for theatre (shaved and change of clothes) the matron checked one last time and I was sent into the delivery room instead. By the time my husband and sister brought the blood and drugs needed, my baby was out and cosy in the warming thingy.

That's it.
[/quote]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gwng: 10:13am On Feb 12, 2018
gwng:
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though.

Single Breast Milk Pump: 20k

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2018
stormie:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

Cappo Lioha, kindly take note

Congratulations

Congratulations on the arrival of your LO God bless and keep her safe

Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX ......5/2/18
10 Teegali ............... EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 stormie ...............19/2/18 .... XX ..... 8/2/18
12 foreverjoy00 ...... March ...... XX ....... 9/2/18
13 Bloomingbud .... 28/2/18.... XX, XY .. 9/2/18
14 mummyjayson ...18/2/18 .. XY ....... 10/2/18 BS

08 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY
09 Rhukkie ..................3/2/18 .....XX
10 Completey ............ 5/2/18 ....... surprise
12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
15 Angel2424 .............17/2/18 ....... XX
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
17 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
20 Sweetmommatwo .19/2/18 ..........XX
21 DocAdray ................22/2/18
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
23 Booqee .................. 27/2/18...........XX
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
27 Droyal .....................EDD?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 11:00am On Feb 12, 2018
kokozain:
my wife birth story
We got to the hospital on Monday and we were told that we are going for cs based on her pass experienced(she has 7miscarriages) this is the 8th one. They entered theatre around 3pm. The operation was successful and baby and mama came out healthy around 7pm though she put to bed on the 6th of February through cs by 5pm. The baby weigh 2.7 at 37th week. As a Muslim I prayed for her and do the necessary adhan and iqamat to her ears. I named her Farhan(my hapinness) She was doing just fine till I left to bury her placenta. I came back to check on her at her nursery with the nurses and left for my wife ward. I was eating when my wife said I should check on her again. On getting there I realised the doctor has placed her on oxygen machine and later told me that she needs to be taken to intensive care unit because she has respiratory disorder and I took her there around 12.00am with two nurses while I drove on the 7th. It was discovered that she has hbp,low sugar and respiratory disorder. The doctors told me two of their discoveries had been regularize and the major one is the respiratory disorder that they are still battling with. She was placed under life support machine from 12am till 6.30am before she finally gave up the ghost. I suppose to have gave the story earlier than this but the news just been released to my wife yesternight.

So sorry for your loss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NIFES(f): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2018
4realwoman:
Prayer monday.

Amen in Jesus name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chili89: 11:46am On Feb 12, 2018
ElmaSpeed:

Please don't laugh at me. I have no idea what garden egg leaves look like.
Eyaa.. How do I explain it na. Ok jst go the market and ask the women selling vegetables for garden egg leaves. It's called "akwukwo anyara" in Igbo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2018
thanks to everyone for their wishes and likes,,, God bless you and safe delivery to you all,.... ttc mums, Your season is now,, in Jesus name, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
So sorry for your loss Kokozain.
Words to use fail me cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
kokozain:
my wife birth story
We got to the hospital on Monday and we were told that we are going for cs based on her pass experienced(she has 7miscarriages) this is the 8th one. They entered theatre around 3pm. The operation was successful and baby and mama came out healthy around 7pm though she put to bed on the 6th of February through cs by 5pm. The baby weigh 2.7 at 37th week. As a Muslim I prayed for her and do the necessary adhan and iqamat to her ears. I named her Farhan(my hapinness) She was doing just fine till I left to bury her placenta. I came back to check on her at her nursery with the nurses and left for my wife ward. I was eating when my wife said I should check on her again. On getting there I realised the doctor has placed her on oxygen machine and later told me that she needs to be taken to intensive care unit because she has respiratory disorder and I took her there around 12.00am with two nurses while I drove on the 7th. It was discovered that she has hbp,low sugar and respiratory disorder. The doctors told me two of their discoveries had been regularize and the major one is the respiratory disorder that they are still battling with. She was placed under life support machine from 12am till 6.30am before she finally gave up the ghost. I suppose to have gave the story earlier than this but the news just been released to my wife yesternight.

Am so sorry for the Lost.
I know and I believe, this will be the last time you will lose a child either through miscarriage or Stillbirth
Take this as a victory dance over lost
Sooner than you think, The Lord will bless your home with children that will be with you till your old age.
E-hug to you and wife.
The Lord will surely make u laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Congratulations to the latest mum's in town

mummyjayson
stormie:
Bloomingbud
and other mamas.
God Bless and keep your Los
And may they be a blessing to their generation.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadySarah: 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
ElmaSpeed:

I'll ask dh to check for me. My aching legs won't let me go to market.
How do I eat it? Cook with it or extract the juice?
And pls don't laugh at me na cheesy (I dey laugh myself sef)

you csn put in your okra soup As replacement for Ugu and lick plenty of it.pls dont overcook it,preferably As soon As you put it you bring it down.

Also chewing it raw.wash with salt ,assemble on your plate and chew away.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
kokozain:
my wife birth story
Jesus, may God console your family. I really sympathise with your wife, God will wipe her tears. Sir, please you need to be more prayerful. Some things are beyond ordinary. 7 miscarriages and this one again, i can't just imagine. Only God can wipe your tears and reward you with wonderful children. E-hugs to your wife.

Congratulations to our new mothers, God will watch over them.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
zimunachimdi:

Thank you so much ma. Amen to your prayers. my regards.
Congrats mama, I never knew u had a new baby. Abeg, pray for me make God bless me too o. September 2015 team.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
.. kokozain ....God is still God and He has you and your family in mind.....All is well....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
Who amongst the Preggy mamas is this?

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy wink smiley cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
dunasy:

Who amongst the Preggy mamas is this?

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy wink smiley cheesy cheesy

#singing# I'm walking away ehhhhhhh from troubles in my life, I'm walking away ohhhh to find a better day

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erutoria: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2018
4realwoman:
Prayer monday.

Father Lord i come before you this morning with thanksgiving in my heart Lord
I pray that as many of us that have sinned against you, that you have mercy and restore to us all that the enemies have taken from us in Jesus name, Amen
I pray that as many that are in favour room now that you will go before them and make it smooth for them in Jesus name
Father Lord i pray and commit and pregnant mamas here that at the apponted time of delivery that we all shall have testimonies in our mouths in jesus name, Amen
I pray and cover our babies in the womb with the blood of Jesus christ, Amen
I pray for does believing for a miricle like this, that you will visit them this year in Jesus name,Amen
I pray that you will provide for us in taking care of precious gift that you have giving to us
I pray for our dhs that anything that they point their hands upon shall prospert in Jesus name, amen.
To say thank you for all the things that you have done for us here and our various homes.
Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
LadySarah:

you csn put in your okra soup As replacement for Ugu and lick plenty of it.pls dont overcook it,preferably As soon As you put it you bring it down.

Also chewing it raw.wash with salt ,assemble on your plate and chew away.

Thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (4071) (4072) (4073) (4074) (4075) (4076) (4077) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.