Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8143489 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5015) (5016) (5017) (5018) (5019) (5020) (5021) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Pearl05:
Hello mamas, I went for scan today and was told that baby is just 2.0kg at 37wks 4days.

I'm suspecting that the machine is mal functioning but if not, then I should be worried that he is low weight. sad

Please what can I do to make him add weight a bit?

Teamie I don't think you should be worried. Those scans can be wildly inaccurate sometimes.

Also, baby won't come out till he or she is fully baked. I believe The only time you should be worried about baby being small is if you are not supposed to go into labour i.e the type that they must do cs at 37 weeks.

Just stay calm and continue eating healthy. Otherwise you can go do a scan elsewhere for second opinion.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nimi22:

Welcome. You must be team December if I'm right?
Hello Capo wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
19CannyMum:

Teamie I don't think you should be worried. Those scans can be wildly inaccurate sometimes.

Also, baby won't come out till he or she is fully baked. I believe The only time you should be worried about baby being small is if you are not supposed to go into labour i.e the type that they must do cs at 37 weeks.

Just stay calm and continue eating healthy. Otherwise you can go do a scan elsewhere for second opinion.

Yes dear, when I met the Dr. She said I should not mind it that it's either the machine wasn't functing well or the technician doesn't know how to use it well.
Dr. made the comment after checking the tummy with both hands and measuring tape.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
Go to another scan centre.
Pearl05:
Hello mamas, I went for scan today and was told that baby is just 2.0kg at 37wks 4days.

I'm suspecting that the machine is mal functioning but if not, then I should be worried that he is low weight. sad

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
Peddylove:
Good Morning Mommies,

I'm officially back for my 2nd missionary journey. Hope I'm welcome.

Team September, reg me o

Welcome back mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by franashi(f): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Pearl05:

my sister, no dey mind this scan o. I had the same issue with my first, she was 2.5kg at 37weeks I start to drink milo,eat fufu, pounded yam only for my baby to be born at 40 weeks and she was 5kg

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
amorprincesa:
Go to another scan centre.

Yes, I will do just that. Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
franashi:
my sister, no dey mind this scan o. I had the same issue with my first, she was 2.5kg at 37weeks I start to drink milo,eat fufu, pounded yam only for my baby to be born at 40 weeks and she was 5kg

Jisos!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Pearl05:

Teamie don't worry urself about d weight ooo
Just eat healthy and prepare urself for d main day

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
BS Part 1
I know it’s long due but pardon me. Being my first pregnancy and knowing that I was pregnant right from the first week, counting months, weeks and days was all I could think of and it felt like I’ve been pregnant like forever. MS was hellish and my DH had it on full wheel, when everyone was hot, I’d be freezing and vice versa. I couldn’t eat and the only way I could drink water was to add lemon and watery pap became the only thing I could manage to smell and ingest apart from my lemon water. There was no spitting nor vomiting but there were days I’d pray to vomit but it just won’t happen.
Middle of Second trimester, things changed and the glow sets in grin the way I was glowing and looking radiant ehn, the mirror and selfie became my hobby. While some of my colleagues at work were giving compliments, few of the females said I’d be so ugly when I gave birth with how pretty I looked but I bless the name of the Lord, 3 weeks postpartum and the glow hasn’t fade tongue .
On the 31st of March which was a Sunday, I was Hot and using style to touch DH but he won’t even look at my side as I became an egg to him as I reached 37 weeks to him, any small thing can trigger labor. I sha resigned to faith and slept off around 12:30. I woke sometimes later to pee and was having ‘stomach pain’ going to the toilet became regular and the contractions were coming. At 3:30am my husband insisted we left for the hospital which we did. (It was a 5mins drive from our home). We got to the hospital and was checked only to be 2cm, you mean with all that I’m feeling it’s only 2cm? Ok o, I kept my hope on. 4hrs later, I told DH that I should be around 8cm because I was seeing stars. The doctor checked and I’m still 2cm dilated then frustration sets in. I was begging DH to request for CS as I couldn’t endure anymore, the doctor said I was progressing and there’s no need for CS but I wouldn’t have it, it was the only thing that could end the torment.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
BS Part 2
The nurse attached to me was lecturing me on the pros and cons of CS but I wasn’t listening, DH was trying to ease the pain with back rubs and soothing words but nothing worked infact, I was now angry with everything and everyone. My next check, I was 4cm. To cut the extremely long story short, I didn’t know what I was experiencing was preamble to what’s to come. Hmm, when the real contractions started, I was in another planet. By then, I had cancelled the thought of CS entirely. I was moved to the delivery room when I was finally fully dilated. To the glory of God, I had my 4kg princess and severe tear which took 50mins to stitch and guess what, both injection and drip given to numb the pains I’d get from being stitched up had zero effect so, I was in excruciating discomfort and pain through the whole process. It’s been 3 weeks and I can finally sit without lady sept pad. Another doctor that was on duty the second day which was the day we were discharged was furious and actually ranting about the other doctor allowing me birth a 4kg baby. In my mind, I was thinking, how could he have known when they didn’t even put me through a scan to see any possible last minute change.
There’s an issue I’d like to discuss based on my experience with an NHIS accredited hospital but another time. Thanks for reading through my epistle. I am brilliant at summarizing but this case pass summary, this is the best summary I could come up with. Safe and swift delivery to our waddling mamas smiley

57 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaimasomkene: 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Toopee:
BS Part 2
The nurse attached to me was lecturing me on the pros and cons of CS but I wasn’t listening, DH was trying to ease the pain with back rubs and soothing words but nothing worked infact, I was now angry with everything and everyone. My next check, I was 4cm. To cut the extremely long story short, I didn’t know what I was experiencing was preamble to what’s to come. Hmm, when the real contractions started, I was in another planet. By then, I had cancelled the thought of CS entirely. I was moved to the delivery room when I was finally fully dilated. To the glory of God, I had my 4kg princess and severe tear which took 50mins to stitch and guess what, both injection and drip given to numb the pains I’d get from being stitched up had zero effect so, I was in excruciating discomfort and pain through the whole process. smiley
Congrats mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missyblissy: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
@Toopee congratulations mama!!! Thank God it ended in praise and safw delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by playces: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is a wonderful thread.. Infact nairaland has turned to my Google. Its very educative.. From TTC to this thread. My Wife is Team August.. EDD AUG 10...BLUE..Cappo register us.. I hail all the mamas, you shall carry to full term.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
Congratulations to the new new mamas and happy waddling to my fellow waddlers..no more ms eating normal but craving for cold water like a spell..but I’ve been feeling slight headache and bitter taste bud for 3days now. Most likely am having malaria I hope to see my doctor tmrw it has not been too friendly btwn me and mosquitoes for few days now...May we all deliver like the Hebrew women

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
Anugod:
Oya start your work as your team cappo. We dey your back cheesy

You and who? I no be cappo o when mama J dey here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

Hello Capo wink

Are you one of us too? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missyblissy: 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Surulady:
Congratulations to the new new mamas and happy waddling to my fellow waddlers..no more ms eating normal but craving for cold water like a spell..but I’ve been feeling slight headache and bitter taste bud for 3days now. Most likely am having malaria I hope to see my doctor tmrw it has not been too friendly btwn me and mosquitoes for few days now...May we all deliver like the Hebrew women

Please get a mosquito net and sleep inside ooo. Mosquitoes is not good for our baby and you. Please i know its not easy sleeping inside the net cos air no dey enter like that. Please get a rechargeable fan that's what did for 6 months before i did net door to my room and removed the mosquito net. It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
serendipityF:

thanks sis, i neva know my team yet, would update as soon as i do nd happily join my teamies

Alright you are welcome. Happy bumping.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
playces:
This is a wonderful thread.. Infact nairaland has turned to my Google. Its very educative.. From TTC to this thread. My Wife is Team August.. EDD AUG 10...BLUE..Cappo register us.. I hail all the mamas, you shall carry to full term.

Thank you so much for your concern sir
EDD and sex noted but please we need you to get your wifey registered so as join this big family and also learn from all the senior/experienced mamas in the house smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
Pearl05:

Must be a malfunction.
Anyways you're almost at the end of the race. Fret not, all that is hidden is about to be revealed grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
playces:

Congrats and welcome on board
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nimi22:

You and who? I no be cappo o when mama J dey here.

Nimi babey kiss
Bàìbàì lamamarii ni ọdọọdún ó.

Picks race tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 12:11am On Apr 26, 2019
My April teamies and capo Jina24, congrats to those that have offloaded. Vigilante wan kill me..And to think I'm resuming work in two weeks time. Mama @eskbabe how far? May God make it easy for you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 12:20am On Apr 26, 2019
Yaaayyy..*inserts dancing emoji*. Congrats! I think we were twins in a former life because my LMP was exactly my first daughter's birthday. Thank God for safe delivery. Wishing the remaining April mama's the same.

[quote author=eksbabe post=77769540]BIRTH STORY.
LMP was July 22, 2018, a day after my 1st son clocked one and when i thought i was safe, i conceived this baby.
Pregnancy was quite uneventful but i dealt with a lot of fatigue and restlessness (maybe cuz i didnt use my routine drugs).

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2019
Jina24 u don born ? Or are u licking ice cream grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2019
Toopee:
BS Part 2
The nurse attached to me was lecturing me on the pros and cons of CS but I wasn’t listening, DH was trying to ease the pain with back rubs and soothing words but nothing worked infact, I was now angry with everything and everyone. My next check, I was 4cm. To cut the extremely long story short, I didn’t know what I was experiencing was preamble to what’s to come. Hmm, when the real contractions started, I was in another planet. By then, I had cancelled the thought of CS entirely. I was moved to the delivery room when I was finally fully dilated. To the glory of God, I had my 4kg princess and severe tear which took 50mins to stitch and guess what, both injection and drip given to numb the pains I’d get from being stitched up had zero effect so, I was in excruciating discomfort and pain through the whole process. It’s been 3 weeks and I can finally sit without lady sept pad. Another doctor that was on duty the second day which was the day we were discharged was furious and actually ranting about the other doctor allowing me birth a 4kg baby. In my mind, I was thinking, how could he have known when they didn’t even put me through a scan to see any possible last minute change.
There’s an issue I’d like to discuss based on my experience with an NHIS accredited hospital but another time. Thanks for reading through my epistle. I am brilliant at summarizing but this case pass summary, this is the best summary I could come up with. Safe and swift delivery to our waddling mamas smiley
Congrats sis
Abeg try and discuss that issue @ d bolded ... It is very important so mamas here will learn too

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 8:46am On Apr 26, 2019
You are welicome!
playces:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by egbaguy2: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2019
Hello all.....like I said weeks ago,I am an expectant dad,first timer too.... We re 12 weeks today and going for ante natal registration . My question now is as a Yoruba guy,how safe is combining herbs together with Orthodox medicine for pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2019
egbaguy2:
Hello all.....like I said weeks ago,I am an expectant dad,first timer too.... We re 12 weeks today and going for ante natal registration . My question now is as a Yoruba guy,how safe is combining herbs together with Orthodox medicine for pregnancy?

Please sir, do not give your wife herbs.
Trust the doctors to give you the right medication for your wife and child.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2019
egbaguy2:

No please. Don't combine herbal medicine with orthodox. Stick with one. BTW, why using herbs? Get a certified doctor to treat your wife mbok
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jeniluv(f): 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
egbaguy2:
Ejoor sir,no herbs!the days of ignorance are over,stick to the hospital's routine drugs....
In the other news,your wife is team November ooo,tell her to come and occupy her space sharperly,we are waiting for her....regards!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5015) (5016) (5017) (5018) (5019) (5020) (5021) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maymay1(f), Hamzashaf99(f), barag(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.