Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8127769 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5361) (5362) (5363) (5364) (5365) (5366) (5367) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
chiefboomite204:

Wow... How true is this and how real...
Is real Ma'am. I read it last month on punch that someone gave birth at 25weeks(@Reddington hospital Lagos) and the baby survived through neonatal procedure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Prayer Monday

Father, we are most grateful for the opportunity of conception, for blessing our womb with godly seed.

We pray that your hands will see us through as we all deliver as at when due in Jesus name. We come against any form of complication and loss, it shall not be mentioned in our midst in Jesus name.

We remember one of us cheifboomite204 we pray that your peace will guide her heart and all will end in praise for her in Jesus. Take charge of all the medical practitioners attending to her and baby and work wonders through them in Jesus name. Amen

We pray for every member of our family that you cause your face to shine upon them. Amen

We remember our Going-to-Conceive mamas, hear the petition of their heart, wipe their tears and bless them with their own BFP in Jesus name. Amen

These and many more we ask through Jesus christ our lord. Amen.

Lovely week ahead mamas

33 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by USAbabe(f): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

Girl in general, I think you should stop giving people advise. If you don’t know about a topic please just read and pass and wish the poster well!!! Omg

Make some research Dear, we do survive with people's help.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
angeltolly:
Prayer Monday

Father, we are most grateful for the opportunity of conception, for blessing our womb with godly seed.

We pray that your hands will see us through as we all deliver as at when due in Jesus name. We come against any form of complication and loss, it shall not be mentioned in our midst in Jesus name.

We remember one of us cheifboomite204 we pray that your peace will guide her heart and all will end in praise for her in Jesus. Take charge of all the medical practitioners attending to her and baby and work wonders through them in Jesus name. Amen

We pray for every member of our family that you cause your face to shine upon them. Amen

We remember our Going-to-Conceive mamas, hear the petition of their heart, wipe their tears and bless them with their own BFP in Jesus name. Amen

Lovely week ahead mamas
Amen!Thank you Ma'am for sharing the prayer points
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folash: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
chiefboomite204:

Wow... How true is this and how real...
I really dunno how true it is. I saw the link in a pregnancy app, but like I said there's really no harm in trying. Its just water, and it won't cost you a thing. I would try it if I were you.
You could try to do more research on it tho to get the veracity of the information.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chiefboomite204(f): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote )
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chiefboomite204(f): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chiefboomite204(f): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
chiefboomite204:

mama, what is HMO?... I asked about neonatal here I was told the baby is very small at 26 weeks to survive... my prayer now is for the water not to burst but was told that the membrane is bulging

Nne just calm down don't stress urself to much.

Just go out of internet now. Try and sleep
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
chiefboomite204:

mama, what is HMO?... I asked about neonatal here I was told the baby is very small at 26 weeks to survive... my prayer now is for the water not to burst but was told that the membrane is bulging

God, nature is in your hands, please take control of every situation.

It is well mama, above all, please try and put your mind at rest, you can see everyone is giving one advice or the other, please it is important you keep your mind calm, do not stress yourself too much. I believe all things are possible.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thureshi: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
WINNERS MEDICAL INVENTIONS

Do well to explore our websites for treatment of the following ailments: http://winnerslabng.com
1. HIV treatment
2. Infectious diseases treatment
3. Arthritis treatment
4. Infertility treatment (Male or Female)
5. Prostate enlargement treatment
6. Cough treatment
7. Cancer treatment
8. Ulcer of any kind treatment
9. Sickle cells anemia treatment
10. Down syndrome treatment
11. Fibroids treatment
12. Blood boosting
13. High and low blood pressure treatment
14. Ovarian cysts treatment

We have over 20 years of positive experience in the management of chronic illnesses.
You can book an appointment with our doctors for consultation in any of our offices nationwide.
Contacts: Head office Abuja- 08033138058, Portharcourt- 09031665691.

Our track records speaks for us and a trial will convince you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ProfAmah: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
angeltolly:
Prayer Monday

Lovely week ahead mamas
Amen!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
BIRTH STORY

BEAR WITH ME IT IS ACTUALLY A LONG BS

Baby was born on the 16th of November 2019 weighing 2.6kg. 3 days after my mother inlaws birthday, 2 days after my mother inlaws marriage anniversary and 2 weeks before my husband's birthday cheesy

This pregnancy was planned and I was elated when I got a positive on the test strip

I had terrible morning sickness but I was managing and going to work. I was admitted several times for severe dehydration and severe vomiting in pregnancy.

At a point I was vomiting blood and couldn't eat or drink anything so I was taking my meds through the drip line that was set up.

Sometime in September I lost my job and went through severe depression for about 2 weeks but somehow I pulled through.

I started having contractions at about 32weeks I think but I dismissed it as braxton hicks. When it became more frequent at 33 weeks, I complained at my antenatal and was asked to observe bed rest at home.

At 34 weeks the contractions continued to get worse and I was admitted for about a week.
Baby's hear rate was constantly checked when the doctors discovered that the contractions were still very severe.

I was given sualbutamol and niferdipine to stop the contractions but my blood pressure dropped drastically and baby's heart rate kept going high and low and I had to be placed on oxygen for a while.

I was discharged and advised to still observe bed rest and to come back if I felt one contraction again.
That same night, contractions came back with a vengeance, dh said lets go back but I insisted its not nothing. By morning it stopped but then I started to have bad diarrhea. Dh had to travel that morning too so it was just me and my toddler at home. I even jokingly told him the baby may come before he returns. Lol.

He called his brother to come and stay with me and my mil also came to stay with me. 3 days after discharge while dh was still away, I went into full labour at midnight. None of my inlaws can drive so I had to bed my neighbor to take me.

Got to the hospital, I was checked and I was 5cm gone. 1hour later I had dilated to 8cm. Even the nurse was like she gives me one hour to deliver. But na there wahala start. I was on 8cm from 2am till 10.30am! I even begged for cs and ended up signing the consent form.

One super nice and patient nurse came to calm me down and explained that the reason labor became Kong and stalled was cos baby was coming out in the opposite way and that my membranes has not formed so they couldn't break my water but that if I can endure the pain and she breaks the water, she gives me less than 5mins, baby will come.

Sisters in the Lord, it took 7 attempts plus an increment in the dosage of oxytocin and some slaps to my belly (this was cos contractions were coming but not strong enough, the slaps to the stomach was to keep the contractions strong) before she was able to break the membrane. I hear whin!!!!

True to her words, e no reach 3 mins, na so baby head comot o! Because of the force, baby gave me a tear up to my anus! The stitching ehn even with numbing of the site was not funny!

Thankfully, he didnt need any extra help to breathe and we were both certified clear.

We were discharged the next day with a clean bill of health.

Birth story dropped

Boot has been hung and the key has been thrown into the Pacific Ocean!!!

Wishing the remaining preggy mamas a safe delivery

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rollcall for Team December mamas

December is here!
If you have any complaints please make sure you see your doctor.

May we all carry to term and deliver safely.

Welcome to every peeping newbies... Yea we can see u, better come join us now.

Please if you are a new team december mama, mention me so I can add your name to the list
If you have checked gender, please also let me know so I can update.

Iomoge2 - Dec 1st (GIRL) - Ported to November. Congratulations mama
jazzyjazz - Dec 14th/16th (BOY) - Ported to November
Nimi22 - Dec 20th
Dharyor1234 (Our january mama, how far?)
Lmay - Dec 3rd (BOY)
Brokewaist - Ported to November
Prettyuche - Dec 30th (Twins BOY and GIRL)
Rhukkie - Dec 26th (BOY)
Anonymous29 - Dec 10th
Simsimz - Dec 20th
Cerdarlivia - Dec 8 - ported to November
Soniabrenda2 - Dec 31st (BOY)

#Teamdecemberforsupernaturaldelivery
#Sexiestmamasinurneigbourhood
#chirstmasbabies

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2019

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

I said what I said and I stand by it. Yesterday you went on to the TTC thread and showed your ignorance and you have come here again to do same. I never insulted you I told you the honest truth.

The fact that someone is desperately seeking for answers does not mean you should give a recommendation when you know nothing about a topic.

Someone is talking about cervical incompetence and is currently being monitored and asking for advise from moms with similar experience- if you have not had any experience wish her well and keep your advise to yourself.

Even in advanced counties some 26 week old babies do not make it- how much more someone in Nigeria with no electricity and poor medical equipments. I feel sorry for you and your ignorance.

U are so stupid because I know dat is y u came here to attack me again.

It is left for her to tell d Dr if it can work out for her. She can't do it by herself dat is y I told her to check in hospital dat have started doing it, but because of ur stupidity u just came to attack

Are u God that know it will not work

Chineke kpoo gi oku dia...anumanu

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

For this to be celebrated, it further buttresses my point that neonatal care and survival in Nigeria is still at a very low rate and is not advisable. The poster herself has come to even say the doctors have told her same.

I don’t know about Nigerian hospitals. But based on research Nigeria has the highest rate of maternal/ infant mortality so this is not even a risk anyone who is not a doctor or medical practitioner that has accessed a patient should be advising anyone to take.

Hence I stand by my original option that the lady with the very long name that cannot be pronounced should stop giving advice.

To hell with what u stand for

Or do think dat she is not with any Dr bf she came online to ask for more help

Get out.

Even if I made mistake in d past is dat y I will not have rest?

Jugde okpo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2019

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

I said what I said and I think by it. Whatever you are typing in a language I don’t understand- I wish it for you a million folds.

I never said anything about it working or not working. I simply told you to stop giving advice. Lol

Just get out of my mention.

People like u can't help people in need but they will be firing stone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2019

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

Lol babe- the truth hurts I know it.

Hurt me how . Many mother has come out to say the procedure help their kids survive and I only gave her d idea ...

Even recently babies born within 24 can survive. Is not all hospital dat can do it dat is y I ask to check those out

wat is my crime here?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 09, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

For this to be celebrated, it further buttresses my point that neonatal care and survival in Nigeria is still at a very low rate and is not advisable. The poster herself has come to even say the doctors have told her same.

I don’t know about Nigerian hospitals. But based on research Nigeria has the highest rate of maternal/ infant mortality so this is not even a risk anyone who is not a doctor or medical practitioner that has accessed a patient should be advising anyone to take.

Hence I stand by my original opinion that the lady with the very long name that cannot be pronounced should stop giving advice.
Well noted Ma'am but sincerely speaking I don't joke with the forum and I respect everyone. I think the advice given to me so far really helped me. I remember when I wanted to embark on cerclage procedure based on Doctors advised and I was confused. The beautiful and caring Ma'ams on the forum advised me to follow the doctors option. Infact, I was scared but ma'ams on the forum encouraged me. So, telling people not to share their own option or advise is not the best. It is well sha

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

This is the original question you should have asked before you began to throw curses and abuses at me in your language(which doesn’t move me because I don’t understand it)

But I’m done with this topic and will continue to watch the comments that you type on this forum to ensure that you do hurt anyone like you did yesterday to the lady on the TTC thread. Please I have work and will not be addressing this subject any longer.

Mrs monitor...lol u think people like u intimidate me?... U are joking

U ended up not saying tangible thing. U can as follow me.

Next time u attack me stupidly I will come for u

Okpo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2019

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

Advise on the forum is very helpful- that is not what is being discussed here. I am talking about this particular lady in question. She needs to advise only on topics she has personally experienced and not just dish out advise. No one should be taking any advice here seriously without consulting their doctor. If I thought advise on the forum was useless I won’t be here either.

You and I are not saying the same thing.

Mrs monitor there are so many advance hospital in Nigeria that can do it but is quite expensive. And also the advice I gave her is not something she can do on her own without consulting d Dr because is only Drs day can do it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

Advise on the forum is very helpful- that is not what is being discussed here. I am talking about this particular lady in question. She needs to advise only on topics she has personally experienced and not just dish out advise. No one should be taking any advice here seriously without consulting their doctor. If I thought advise on the forum was useless I won’t be here either.

Mrs monitor there are so many advance hospital in Nigeria that can do it but is quite expensive. And also the advice I gave her is not something she can do on her own without consulting d Dr because is only Drs dat can do it.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bluefin:

Please note that she asked herself on the TTC thread if she should stop sharing opinion so this was not something I initiated. Advise on the forum is very helpful- that is not what is being discussed here. I am talking about this particular lady in question. She needs to advise only on topics she has personally experienced and not just dish out advise. No one should be taking any advice here seriously without consulting their doctor. If I thought advise on the forum was useless I won’t be here either.

I cannot believe you don’t understand what she is saying. I went through the TTC thread from yesterday and obviously I can understand why anybody will be irritated at tyhgfrdeswscbhf

She is saying that tyhgfrdeswscbhf jumped the gun in telling the mama to deliver her baby at 26 weeks

She is saying that tyhgfrdeswscbhf should not have even given advise since the lady was asking from other mothers with similar experience

She is saying that every mother here knows that neonatal care could be an option but of course we are not in the position to put any mama in fear by recommending it.

She is saying that it is not every question that one must have a response to. Sometimes just praying, encouraging and wishing the person well is enough.

She never even insulted her. In the TTC thread
tyhgfrdeswscbhf asked everyone that maybe she should stop giving advise because she had said somethings that hurt a mama and every other mama felt her pain.

@bluefin- I respect you for not responding back with any insulting language despite being constantly insulted by her. Please I will just advise you to ignore most of the annoying comments you see on this thread. Don’t let anyone frustrate you. Most times being civilized among Nigerians is just a waste because most people here are aggressive and don’t patiently read.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

U are so stupid because I know dat is y u came here to attack me again.

It is left for her to tell d Dr if it can work out for her. She can't do it by herself dat is y I told her to check in hospital dat have started doing it, but because of ur stupidity u just came to attack

Are u God that know it will not work

Chineke kpoo gi oku dia...anumanu
@Ma'am tyhgfrdeswscbhf: You've given your advise and I don't think telling pregnant women stupid is okay. Please, we need to be praying for the Ma'am and baby based on the prayer points shared not attacking each other.

Please Ma'am we need to love each other

(1) (2) (3) ... (5361) (5362) (5363) (5364) (5365) (5366) (5367) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.