Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8148932 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5703) (5704) (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
vinoj0225:

Yes movement is reduced because of limited space in the uterus. I had same complain but scan calmed me because baby was seen okay. I'm 37 weeks plus. Nevertheless if you are really disturb, no crime to do scan afterall it's your money that will count. Safe delivery.
thank u teamie...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funkydoll(f): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
sunbestie:

Welcome teamie... Stress free pregnancy journey to us
Thanks mama...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hardeyolaotee(f): 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
iwinnie:
good evening sabi mama's...
my July teamies how's the waddling like?
am 38weeks plus now, my vagina bones hurts when I try to change position in bed and also want to walk around..

something is bordering me which I want other sabi mamas who have experience it to help..
since this week, Ive been noticing small/tiny flesh outside my anus, when I googled about it, I saw it external haemorried it occurs especially in 3rd trimester, pls has anyone experience it?
secondly, mum-in-law said I shouldn't be sleeping much that its not good at this stage, is it true? but I do morning walks everyday and house chores too, I only sleep if am not busy as am not the outgoing kinda person.

Story of my life. The pain I feel down there is not funny at all o. Read the haemorrhoid is normal and that it may disappear after birth.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
Pearl05:

My dear it's not easy. Just two hours and only one kid ooo.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
kasany:
Sabi fellow bellefull Mama's abeg this vjay itching of mine is getting out of hand, I have been to hospital for it twice nothing is seen but they will give me mycoten cream but yet the itching is there , u might want to ask if there is discharge no. Please is there anything else I can do asides using mycoten. My friend who just put to bed a baby boy said that same happened to her but disappeared immediately she put to bed and that someone told her some [sub][/sub]male pregnancy are like that.

You can get baby wipes to use, garlic can help too and also warm water and salt. Then you can also get anti-thrush canesten cream, all these helped me.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Saheed69(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
sunbestie:
Team December mamas were una dey ooo? Is been long ooo.. Who is showing already?
Hope we are enjoying d honeymoon stage (second trimester)
If u are in team December indicate so to be added to our list.. Roll call coming up tomorrow.

Congrats to all d mamas that delivered their babies... May d bring blessings to ur families.. Amen.

Can husband also contribute? My wife is also team December 31st.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
ojantelle:
Oh death where is thy sting? Oh grave where is thy victory? My mom passed on yesterday evening. How do I continue? Where do I start from? Pls some people should talk to me. This is the most difficult/painful part of my life.
Sorry for your loss. May the Lord grant you and your family the fortitude to bear this loss. It is well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
whyworryPH:
BA

To the glory of God our princess has arrived through ECS.

BS later!
Congrats dear, welcome to your princess and quick recovery to you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
katchycouture:
Who else suffered from hypertension stage 2 and has given birth successfully, doctors are really on my case but my BP is not moving atall,it remains stand still at 160/110, I rest well enough, I avoid salt in my food, I take my meds 3times daily, I need to know if there is something else that should be done.
Mine was fluctuating between 150/99 and 130/90. Yours is high and since it’s steady your doctor need to monitor you till delivery and may recommend CS. You also need a little exercise like walking even 30 mins a day should be okay. Continue monitoring it at home and working with your doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babsjummy(f): 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
sunbestie:
Team December mamas were una dey ooo? Is been long ooo.. Who is showing already?
If u are in team December indicate so to be added to our list.. Roll call coming up tomorrow.

Congrats to all d mamas that delivered their babies... May d bring blessings to ur families.. Amen.

We dey here ooo, enjoying the second trimester, my baby bump is now showing

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hardeyolaotee:
Story of my life. The pain I feel down there is not funny at all o. Read the haemorrhoid is normal and that it may disappear after birth.
had it when I was pregnant and it disappeared after delivery.

Cc: iwinnie

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
lolaymary:
it been a long time mama, hope you are doing well. Edd is 16th Dec
Am fine mama.
Edd noted
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
Saheed69:

Can husband also contribute? My wife is also team December 31st.
Yes u are welcome to team sharp sharp delivery.. Stress free pregnancy journey to ur wifey

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2020
babsjummy:

We dey here ooo, enjoying the second trimester, my baby bump is now showing
Wow rock it mama.. We must slay ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
miraclebaby:
Mine was fluctuating between 150/99 and 130/90. Yours is high and since it’s steady your doctor need to monitor you till delivery and may recommend CS. You also need a little exercise like walking even 30 mins a day should be okay. Continue monitoring it at home and working with your doctor.

Thanks mama, I always had this in every if my pregnancy but it usually starts around 20 weeks or so, but this started quite early thereby making me feel somehow, I already have protein in urine 1+ , I will start the exercise tomorrow. Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
whyworryPH:
Thank you so much my lovely mamas for the congratulations. This is the first time I'm coming online since 17th I gave birth.

My Cappo @4realwman, pls forgive me for not mentioning you when I announced my BA. I used last strength to type that thing. I will post my BS shortly.

In the meantime, pls 4realwman and other mamas with experience with CS, how do I cope with the pains? Especially when I get up from the bed. Funny thing is that by the second day, I was much stronger and could climb the staircase leading to my room. I was even getting up to go change my pad and even fed baby formula without calling the nurses.

Now on the 4th day, I'm experiencing more pains especially in my abdomen when I try getting up. But I can still move around without bending and still get things done.

Pls, is this how the pain will be and for how long will it last? I know I should be resting, and I'm getting plenty rest, but is there anything I can do to feel better faster cos this baby eats a lot and wants to always breastfeed. Thanks and sorry for the long post.
No problem ma'am, waiting for your BS.

As for the CS pain, the best is just to continue with your pain medication and try not to lift anything heavier then your baby n less I forget please rest as much as you can, even me I still feel pain once in awhile but before you know it the whole pains will just disappear. Take care and regards to the family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
As regards homeschooling......

Our major problem in Nigeria is that our Nigerian educational system is messed up. We are only taught/groomed to be good employees and not thinkers/innovators. The economic situation has further compounded the problem as both parents are required to work to sustain the family, with absolutely no help from the government hence we send off our babies to creches/schools that are usually subpar. Most Nigerian schools are just business centers, only concerned about the revenue generated and not the finishing of pupils.
Unfortunately, most of us are a product of the bad educational system and now we are faced with having to homeschool our children, we are sort of at a loss on what/how to accomplish that.
Ages 0-5 are the foundational years of a child, what happens later depends on the foundation that is laid. At that age range their brain develops more and faster, their brains are like sponges at that time soaking up every and all information that comes their way...that's why it's essential to give them the right information.
Unfortunately our mushroom creche/primary schools decide to teach children things that aren't necessary at that age. From teaching a 2+ child to cram 36 states and capital and half of the time the child is just mumbling rubbish to teaching a 1yr + baby to write 1-10.

The attention span of a 2+/3+ yr old is usually very short so forcing them to sit still and write 1-20 will most likely be a bad experience for you grin.
Im sure you'd say ' but he sits in school why can't he sit at home?' it's most likely because the others kids are sitting and they tend to copycat what they see. But I have been in a class on a school day, they don't always sit still.
So the plan is to see/understand their interests and work around it. Engage them in activities that are fun to do and help them expand their vocabulary by talking to them while at it. E.g if you are in the kitchen you can mention things found in the kitchen...pots, pans, spoons etc and show them. You can make them pour water through a funnel for hand eye coordination.

My 3+ son attends a Montessori School where they teach kids practical life stuff....how to be independent and take care of themselves, how to interact with the physical world etc. Their teaching method includes following the child's interest and working with it for the day. For example, on one of the days I dropped him off when he was much younger, he went straight for the counting balls and that's where they started the days activities from for him. Counting the balls and mentioning the different colors, shape etc. They found out he loves to read and harnessed that part of him. They didn't teach them A-Z alphabet song but A-Z phonic sounds which helped in pronunciation/blending and spelling, now he read better than 6+ kids. They taught him to clean up after himself, take his tray to the kitchen when he's done eating etc.
I still follow that pattern of teaching with him. His current interests are the solar system, continents/oceans and countries of the world. So I got him a cut out solar system diagram and an Atlas. Once he wakes up in the morning, he brings everything out and arranges them on the floor in anticipation of the days work. But I still start out with circle time (Monica J. Sutton on YouTube), solar system songs on YouTube, a game of "show me country" on the atlas, then down to writing (he hates writing) and school work for the week. (His teacher sends me weekly school work).

Research resources that'll help you better equipped to homeschool your child..there're YouTube videos etc. There're also YouTube videos for almost everything! grin

My kid attended a readiness test for his proposed school for September when he'd be 4 and the requirements for the applicant is attached. It can be used as cheat-sheet for what a 3/4yr old should be able to do.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 12:15am On Jun 22, 2020
sugah:

Sorry for your loss. May the Lord grant you and your family the fortitude to bear this loss. It is well
Thank you, Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:33am On Jun 22, 2020
Limahgirl:
B/A
Allihamdulilah! On this day Allah made me a mother after three years of TTC. Indeed! He is the God that answers prayer. Join me as I welcome my beautiful princess today via VD with little tears.
EDD: 19/06/2020
DOB: 20/06/2020
Weight: 3kg

BS later
Cc: 4realwoman.
Congrats ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:35am On Jun 22, 2020
Bisade44:
32 weeks and I still take cold water, that’s the only temperature I can intake. Please is it harmful to my baby at this point or I should stop,
lol. Me that was given water in ice when I was in labour even without asking for cold water
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:39am On Jun 22, 2020
mayluv:

You are welcome dear mama. For spitting, personally I noticed that if you give in to wanting to spit all the time, your mouth will only produce more saliva and hence the spitting continues. For both my pregnancies I had the tendencies at the earlier stage but I resisted pooling saliva in my mouth by swallowing before it became too much. After some time, I no longer felt the need to pour spit at all. Also try drinking water intermittently. Be strong mama. Your body was meant to do this. Happy and healthy bumping to you.
Forcing myself not to spit will only yield to nausea so I stopped forcing it. Biting on sth at intervals helped anyway

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kasany(f): 4:21am On Jun 22, 2020
cinderellashoes:

You can get baby wipes to use, garlic can help too and also warm water and salt. Then you can also get anti-thrush canesten cream, all these helped me.
thank you Mama I ll try those but I have the Bayer canesten , I feel it's not working is there a particular product of it you can recommend
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kasany(f): 4:24am On Jun 22, 2020
katchycouture:

ACV (apple cider vinegar), in a very very small quantity mixed with same quantity of warm water,just use cotton wool to clean your vjay and under just 2days you will be fine or see great improvement.. sometimes it is also part of pregnancy but it wouldn't hurt to try and ease off the itch
thank u mama I appreciate I will look for it and buy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by daragoldy(f): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2020
Good morning over sabi mamas, am 39weeks today but I have been purging since Yesterday. just this morning I have visited the toilet thrice to purge, (watery ). please can it be sign of labor. Experienced mothers please shook mouth. thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 7:37am On Jun 22, 2020
whyworryPH:
BA

To the glory of God our princess has arrived through ECS.

BS later!
Congrats ma. So my prince got a birthday mate

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2020
ojantelle:
Oh death where is thy sting? Oh grave where is thy victory? My mom passed on yesterday evening. How do I continue? Where do I start from? Pls some people should talk to me. This is the most difficult/painful part of my life.
Accept my condolences. May God grant you and your loved ones fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 8:00am On Jun 22, 2020
Gistme12:
BA BA BA

To the Glory of God my baby arrived on 3/6 through CS. Safe delivery to our other mamas.
Congrats ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2020
sunbestie:

We dey ok o cappo, although my tummy is still as flat as anything that sometimes I get worried if a baby is in there. Ms still doing me shege.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2020
Thanks all for your wishes. Will be back with BS soon as I still try to adapt with vigilante plus bp still fluctuating.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 8:15am On Jun 22, 2020
daragoldy:
Good morning over sabi mamas, am 39weeks today but I have been purging since Yesterday. just this morning I have visited the toilet thrice to purge, (watery ). please can it be sign of labor. Experienced mothers please shook mouth. thanks
Yeah, purging can also be sign of labor. See your doctor maybe you'll be examined
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 8:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Hello mamas, please can those in ph recommend good and affordable hospitals where I can register for antenatal? I will be glad to hear your suggestions
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2020
daragoldy:
It's possible. Go to the hospital and be checked, dear. My first time, labour started with purging and vomiting, before contractions followed later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5703) (5704) (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.