Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8146946 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6476) (6477) (6478) (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 1stymom(f): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2022
I don come again o..... Pls, can one feel movement at 15weeks.. cos I don't understand my tommy at times.. And people that go for scan always... Don't you people get scared?

How can I overcome my fears when going for scan? I don't know why o. All I do is pray when going... I can't just explain my feelings maybe it's because I be Johnny just come..... Abeg, I need encouragement and more insights about scan o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smartriya: 11:27am On Mar 19, 2022
Halcyon123:
Congratulations to all who have put to bed
Towerofgrace
kokaiye
Etal
Oya oh I don bring cake for celebration. Who go bring wine?
To chop cake since been the hungry me oh but to bake was war,now I haf born and strength to bake is back. I present coconut cake.
FlowerGirl040
Omakraid

Aswear ds is legit wickedness. Haba! I need 2 loaves o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2022
Halcyon123:

Allah kai mu lafiya!
Ameen!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
1stymom:
I don come again o..... Pls, can one feel movement at 15weeks.. cos I don't understand my tommy at times.. And people that go for scan always... Don't you people get scared?

How can I overcome my fears when going for scan? I don't know why o. All I do is pray when going... I can't just explain my feelings maybe it's because I be Johnny just come..... Abeg, I need encouragement and more insights about scan o
I started feeling flutters in my tummy at 16 weeks,Dre's nothing scary abt scan the joy of seeing little one on the screen is lovely.BT my baby always give doc tough time wen he wants to measure,baby start jumping till now we haven't checked gender cs baby doesn't cooperate. Maybe u can go with hubby anytime u wanna do scan.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracygem100: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
CuddleJoy:

Hi, hope you are fine. Please stay away from constant consumption of paracetamol as it can have effect on your liver. Also remember that whatever you consume is passed on to your baby.

Well, headache can be part of the pregnancy package but if it is not bearable for you, discuss with your doctor who will also carry out other checks like Blood pressure to check if all is well. There are some reasons why you might be having the headaches

1. Not eating at the right time. Ie your body is low on glucose.

2 Not sleeping well

3. Excessive stress or strain . Is your daily activity stressful?

4. Not taking enough Water

Solutions:

1. Even if you don't feel like eating, eat in bits, get pap, custard, add a bit of lemon . Go for chips, just munch something

2. Have your bath before bed to have a relaxing sleep. Get some soft pillows. If you are in lagos, go to Miniso at shop rite. They stock a lot of soft pillows that you can use to balance your tommy when you sleep plus they are cute

3. Instead of paracetamol, you can plait adimole so that you can pour water on your head as many times as you want.

4. Listen to your body. When you feel tired, just leave what you are doing and take a rest.

5. Take water as many times as possible as dehydration also triggers headaches.

Most importantly, check with your doctor.

See ya.
Thanks a lot mama, I think stress and not getting enough sleep could be the issue, will try as much as possible to readjust.
I really appreciate ur response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 1stymom(f): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
ladyrachy:

I started feeling flutters in my tummy at 16 weeks,Dre's nothing scary abt scan the joy of seeing little one on the screen is lovely.BT my baby always give doc tough time wen he wants to measure,baby start jumping till now we haven't checked gender cs baby doesn't cooperate. Maybe u can go with hubby anytime u wanna do scan.

Thanks Ma... I'll try and get hubby to follow when next am going.. That should help... I appreciate you Ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towma(f): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hello mamas
I really apologize for derailing please don't be angry. I needed mature replies that's why I came here.
Please is 60k a month too much to spend on feeding for a family of four with husband, wife and two children?

I wanted to know if I am the one wasting money, because we are practically living on the edge but hubby is complaining that we spend too much on feeding.

We live in Abuja.

Please is that amount too much? How much on average do you guys spend on feeding?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2022
[quote author=Omakraid post=111152323][/b]Story time/Learning time[b]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by formidablefunmi(f): 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
gracygem100:
Pls ooo mamas, who else is experiencing this constant headache? Paracetamol has become a daily drug. No HBP, treated malaria and typhoid 3weeks ago but this one-sided headache seem not to leave me. I'm 32weeks gone. Any remedy pls?

I know paracetamol is the only drug used for headache while pregnant. enough water helps too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babsjummy(f): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
nahzyla:

Me too. cry cry cry

Although my edd is September but I just so weak. To eat na problem because everything is bitter and leaves funny taste in my mouth. if I don't eat sickness gets worse.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babsjummy(f): 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
nahzyla:

Me too. cry cry cry

Although my edd is September but I just so weak. To eat na problem because everything is bitter and leaves funny taste in my mouth. if I don't eat sickness gets worse.
Team September lots of love

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jackie2021(f): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. I just found out about this thread. Please I need your opinion/suggestions o, I turned 41 weeks yesterday( Friday) and I’m still not having any labour signs. My antenatal was yesterday too and the hospital didn’t say much, they only said baby can come 2 weeks before or after so I shouldn’t be worried and told me to come for my next ante natal by next week Friday if I haven’t given birth (by then I will be 42 weeks o). I’m really worried as I was expecting them to induce me or perform a membrane sweep. Have exercised tire, done the miles circuit, taking pineapple and dates but nothing still. Please what do you think about what the hospital said? I’m a ftm, my Edd was meant to be March 11th.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Towma:
Hello mamas
I really apologize for derailing please don't be angry. I needed mature replies that's why I came here.
Please is 60k a month too much to spend on feeding for a family of four with husband, wife and two children?

I wanted to know if I am the one wasting money, because we are practically living on the edge but hubby is complaining that we spend too much on feeding.

We live in Abuja.

Please is that amount too much? How much on average do you guys spend on feeding?

It's honestly not too much, times are hard presently and things are quiet expensive but we just have to manage what ever we have. Imagine 5 liters kings oil for 8k talk more other things, just try to make hubby understand that it's the economy and not your fault.
This too shall pass.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towma(f): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
Bloomingbud:

It's honestly not too much, times are hard presently and things are quiet expensive but we just have to manage what ever we have. Imagine 5 liters kings oil for 8k talk more other things, just try to make hubby understand that it's the economy and not your fault.
This too shall pass.

Thank you for the kind words, I am already stretched to the limit. I cannot imagine how else to reduce the money. That's why I came to Nairaland to ask.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sweetyie(f): 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mamas, electric breast pumps available for sale, just 4 bix remaining
1st pics- 15k
2nd pics- Handsfree breast pump with inbuilt battery 28k

Call or WhatsApp me on 08109601944. Pick up from my location is preferable

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
1stymom:

Thanks Ma... I'll try and get hubby to follow when next am going.. That should help... I appreciate you Ma.
Ure welcome sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
phaya:

Choi why you like pepper us like this na cry
Send mine through park I dey wait
Greet baby...
I think this should go round,just pick one and pass grin grin
Let me not call names sha

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Omakraid:

Tufiakwa
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
Smartriya:

Aswear ds is legit wickedness. Haba! I need 2 loaves o!
Just collect buns,is still hot.
Use tea or drink of choice to push it down grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fortunes01: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
MorningStar233:

Noooo, give it back to them ke? Never o..it's your property, take it and bury it in a sacred place after sever prayers, because evil people use it to damage a child's Destiny...

I thought hospitals now dispose it as medical waste probably by shredding it or whichever means they use now. I didn't know they still give it to the baby daddy to dispose, maybe for those who request to dispose it themselves sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fortunes01: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
ladyrachy:

Mama please can you describe the flutters maybe I can relate. I am barely 16 weeks tho! The only thing I feel is like a tickling in the jajaina area and I have always felt it since 1st trimester.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smartriya: 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
Halcyon123:

Just collect buns,is still hot.
Use tea or drink of choice to push it down grin

Na d cake i want abeg. grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
kokaiye:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

Hello everyone!!! I will like to announce to u all dt i welcome my prince charming today at exactly 5:04pm at 38weeks 5days. Help me thank God ooo, God did it 4 me so easy, God is mighty ejoor grin grin grin. Will submit my BS wen i get strength... N i just dey hungry anyhow now.

Congratulations darling. God bless your home.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bella3105: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
StarryV:
Good Morning mamas. Please I have few questions to ask.
1. Has anyone here heard of Fibroid mask? What is it and what is it all about?

2. Can a pregnant woman experience muscle pull on her tummy? Is it normal or abnormal?

I visited a doctor who happens to be a sonographer. When I laid on the bed ready for the scan to be carried out, I felt something like a muscle pull and a bulge on my lower abdomen and it was very visible. I complained and showed it to the doctor, he smiled and said it was the baby's movement. When he poured the cloud oil/fluid and started the scan he pointed out that the stuff wasn't the baby o. Because we saw the baby actively moving but the stuff kinda restricted it's movement. I asked the doctor again what it was and he said it is "Fibroid mask" but I shouldn't worry that it is too "inconsequential". Whatever that means.

So abeg mamas and papas, what is this inconsequential fibroid mask that decided to appear on that day? Because me I don't understand. undecided undecided

I think what he said is fibroid mass. There's nothing like fibroid mask.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by legendsmother(f): 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
God see cake Nd puff puff

My mum forbibds me from eating a lot of things o

Am stuck on pap, peppersoup, n ohwo soup
Then rice occasionally , abi Na only me waka come??

D hot water dey bath me with can kill chicken o

Where una dey see cake chop?
Abi Na to comot for house go chop am? Hmmmm ormugwu don hit on me

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by formidablefunmi(f): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
BY FAITH LET ME OFFICIALLY BOOK A SPACE FOR EDD DECEMBER 2022..... DATE UNKNOWN. FROM MY MOUTH TO GODS EARS.

51 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by glimpse(f): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
legendsmother:
God see cake Nd puff puff

My mum forbibds me from eating a lot of things o

Am stuck on pap, peppersoup, n ohwo soup
Then rice occasionally , abi Na only me waka come??

D hot water dey bath me with can kill chicken o

Where una dey see cake chop?
Abi Na to comot for house go chop am? Hmmmm ormugwu don hit on me

It is like we share the same mum grin Did she add drinking hot water and hot tea? Sorry, manage it for now. It will soon be over. My mum will say, it is for your own good undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Towerofgrace:
Moje l'ope
Moje Baba l'ope oo
Nigbati mo ro ise iyanu Baba l'aye mi
Mo ri wipe
Mo je Jesu mi lope repete

Mamas my golden sonshine, my rainbow after 7years storm of ttc has arrived via emergency CS
DOB 15th March
EDD 29th March

BS later

See what the Lord has done !!!
See what the Lord has done !!!
What we waited for has come to pass
See what the Lord has done!!!

Cc cappo Kokaiye

Goosebumps all over me. So surreal. You are finally a mother. Jehovah's name be praised. Truly God is greater than the greatest. May God who has wiped away your tears do same and even more for the TTC mamas.
Tripletriplets222, you are next to testify from TTC thread.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
Halcyon123:

I think this should go round,just pick one and pass grin grin
Let me not call names sha
Better puff
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
formidablefunmi:
BY FAITH LET ME OFFICIALLY BOOK A SPACE FOR EDD DECEMBER 2022..... DATE UNKNOWN. FROM MY MOUTH TO GODS EARS.
Amen....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
fortunes01:

[/b]I thought hospitals now dispose it as medical waste probably by shredding it or whichever means they use now[b]. I didn't know they still give it to the baby daddy to dispose, maybe for those who request to dispose it themselves sha.
This is the first time I'm hearing of the bolded ooo. Will they really dispose it? Hmmn. They should not worry, I can dispose it myself

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
fortunes01:

Mama please can you describe the flutters maybe I can relate. I am barely 16 weeks tho! The only thing I feel is like a tickling in the jajaina area and I have always felt it since 1st trimester.
Its like something rubbing softly or tickling the inside of ur tummy(uterus),sometimes I scratch my stomach. I asked and doc said its normal at 18wks the baby movement shud be getting strong with kicks and so on.as for jajaina area I felt that too at ist trimester

(1) (2) (3) ... (6476) (6477) (6478) (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.