Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128162 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Zee10: Gudevening fruitful mamas.I pray we wld all carry to full term and deliver like the hebrew women IJN.AMEN Thank u so much @Byvan for the response abt the cramps I had.

pls am in my 10th week and am having cramps again on my right side,it jst startd today afta it stoppd wen I ws in my 5th week.though it comes in flashes.

Is 16weeks o.k for me to register for antenatal classes? Am a first timer.
it could be round ligament pain. The round ligament expands to accommodate the growing uterus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mcfemad: He's a good God; faithful is he, He hath done well for my household- My wife gave birth to a baby boy on Sunday 21st July 2013 at excatly 20.07hrs. It was hell but God saw us through. Details later...
Congratulations. Thank God for victory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 23, 2013
Mcfemad: He's a good God; faithful is he, He hath done well for my household- My wife gave birth to a baby boy on Sunday 21st July 2013 at excatly 20.07hrs. It was hell but God saw us through. Details later...
wow congrats, happy for U. Olorun awo o, ere no a kari Oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 23, 2013
tjskii: Ure very welcome bsoda,amen to ur prayers

Hiya folks,I'm in my 40th week and I must tell u I'm really depressed,wat is dis baby stil doing in my belly ehn,I thot I wud av dropped since wk 38 but for wia,iv tried all d natural methods to induce and no show,climbed staircase o,eaten d whole pineapple in ibadan,sexxx(well dt one is kinda imposibl rite now,my long belle is in d way),taken spicy food,infact done it all,yet d pikin refuses to budge*sigh* undecided
eyaa it can be really tiring o,the lord is your Strength, I know ull soon post that u have delivered nd I pray God sees u through it, amen.*smiles*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:08am On Jul 23, 2013
@ mcfemad,congratulaions and thank God for safe delivery.Regards to your wife and son;@ all the preggies in the house,hope we are doing well anf fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 5:00am On Jul 23, 2013
How it went? I had a strong feeling to visit my mum on a weekend and we agreed to go Fri, 20th July. Wife, mum and my siblings tallked till 1am and I was concerned when she woke up around 6am to say she has headache, feeling nausea and weak. "I can't get my self", she told me. We felt it was a sign of malaria and planned getting Coartem before she said there's no need as she's now feeling better. (She had gone to the toilet earlier where she passed out watery faeces) She later vomitted and mum suggested we go to the hospital, she didn't like the idea as she had obviously got better.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Mcfemad, yay! Congrats and greet mum and son. Good to know u are my inlaw (4rm ibadan). Eku ewu. Olorun adasi
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2013
Mcfemad: How it went? I had a strong feeling to visit my mum on a weekend and we agreed to go Fri, 20th July. Wife, mum and my siblings tallked till 1am and I was concerned when she woke up around 6am to say she has headache, feeling nausea and weak. "I can't get my self", she told me. We felt it was a sign of malaria and planned getting Coartem before she said there's no need as she's now feeling better. (She had gone to the toilet earlier where she passed out watery faeces) She later vomitted and mum suggested we go to the hospital, she didn't like the idea as she had obviously got better.
Baba baby, congrat once again, as a first timer i can't wait to read the full detail.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2013
@mcfemad Congratulations Olorun a wo Olorun a dasi.
Mcfemad: How it went? I had a strong feeling to visit my mum on a weekend and we agreed to go Fri, 20th July. Wife, mum and my siblings tallked till 1am and I was concerned when she woke up around 6am to say she has headache, feeling nausea and weak. "I can't get my self", she told me. We felt it was a sign of malaria and planned getting Coartem before she said there's no need as she's now feeling better. (She had gone to the toilet earlier where she passed out watery faeces) She later vomitted and mum suggested we go to the hospital, she didn't like the idea as she had obviously got better.
hope u r not too busy to tell us the rest cos i cant wait o.
Congratulations on the much awaited Royal baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2013
Just done with our 20th week scan, baby is there jumping up and down, i dey here dey worry about external movement.
Thank God am no longer adding weight rapidly, i was 76kg b4 ds preganacy when i checked at 16 wks - was 82.9kg, nurse said it was too early for all d weight, today am 83.4kg
Took my first T.T injection and was given Fasidar for malaria.

Everything normal except PCV lower than before 29percent today gynea advised I take Ugu juice everyday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
@mcfemad, congrats, he will be a blessing to your home and his generation!
@the heavy mamas, easy delivery is urs IJN
@udoka,20wks already? grin that's gr8 news.am sure u no know the sex now? wink. Its well wit you and baby IJN.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
thanks mummyf, we now know the sex, l know wan surprise, though l wasnt particular on any sex, so l can buy right clothings.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
cheesy congrats Udoka,but don't rely on scan result for sex of baby o,buy unisex clothing for now,a friend of mine in d UK was told she was aving a girl,d babe went out and got pink frilly things,only for her to end up giving birth to a boy cheesy grin,d youngman had to put on pink girly stuff for d first 4mnths of his life,twas really funny cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Udoka,its true, one of my friends was told she was carrying a boy and she bought lots of blue things, thank God blue is a universal colour. she gave birth to a girl.

@all, what colour (s) are unisex colours?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
@udoka pls dont rely on scan o esp at 20 wks, my inlaw did 2 diff scans abd was told she was gonna av a boy, turned out to b a beautiful gal,
@beauty buy white, blue, and clothes that have a mixture of colors,
@ all pls i had my first TT shot at 12 weeks when am i supposed to take the next?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
thanks all, l will try buy unisex colours. But does EDD change? was given different date today from previous though only two days difference.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
I would love to know the sex o, and I hope my boo doesn't bring any surprises. I'm in the UK now and it will save me a lot of money if the scan is correct.
@fnor, what is TT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
honey86: I would love to know the sex o, and I hope my boo doesn't bring any surprises. I'm in the UK now and it will save me a lot of money if the scan is correct.
@fnor, what is TT?
Tetanus Toxoid
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
@fnor,@least 4 weeks after T.T.1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
ceewai lebi: @fnor,@least 4 weeks after T.T.1
I hope I'm not to late for it because nothing of the sort has been offered here. I'm 18 weeks plus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
@udoka2:There is always a time frame of a +7 days+EDD or -7 days before EDD although some women give birth exactly on their EDD given.My first scan gave me 24th while my hospital gave me 26th,looking forward 2 see what my second scan will be cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
honey86:
I hope I'm not to late for it because nothing of the sort has been offered here. I'm 18 weeks plus
Cant really say coz am a First Time Mother but i think you should ask ur Doc. during your next visit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
ceewai lebi: Cant really say coz am a First Time Mother but i think you should ask ur Doc. during your next visit
ok thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ure sposd to get 5 TT shots in ur pregnancy years,2 in ur 1st preg,2in d next,and finally 1 wth d 3rd,I guess durin d 4th preg u don't tak any,but I kn its taken durin ur 1st and 2nd trimester,so d nxt one for u will be towards d tailend of ur 2nd trimester
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MrsChima(f): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wow...is TT required according to African practice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
I guess it has to do with our climate over here undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MrsChima(f): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
tjskii: I guess it has to do with our climate over here undecided

Hmm.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by k4kenny(f): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hi ladies. Congrats Mcfemad. All that's well ends well. E ku ewu omo, Olorun a da is (Amin).

Regarding TT(tetanus toxoid). What I was told during my antenatal class was that you need to take 5 shots over a period of 3 years. Missing a shot means you have to start over. Once you've completed all 5 shots, you won't need another even if u get pregnant again. Here's how they said it wud be:
1st shot: taken sometym during 2nd trimester

2nd shot: 6 wks after d 1st shot

3rd shot: 6 months after d 2nd shot

4th shot: 1 year after d 3rd

5th shot: 1 year after d 4th
Here's how mine went
1st: 20th jan 2011(5 mos preggers)
2nd:3rd of march
3rd:3rd of aug
4th:3rd aug 2012 (abt 12 wks preggers with d 2nd)
5th:3rd aug 2013
In a few wks tym I'll be thru with the TT shots. After this I won't need another even for future pregnancies. Also I won't be needing anti tetanus injections when injured.
If u haven't started the shots, please inform your docs as its very essential for d baby.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
How painful is this TT shot, pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Not painful at all,its given in the arm or bum,but u don't rub it afterwads sha,u just put pressure on it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
Rukemi291: How painful is this TT shot, pls?
mine wasn't painful at d point of shot but it swole up gradualy and became very painful. I was adviced by an xperience moda to use ice on it and am ok now. Didnt know of d ice before it got outta hands
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by k4kenny(f): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Its not paunful when administered, but d arm swell up a bit and it feels heavy for d day.dunno if its a coincidence but whenever I take d shot, my usually active baby is always unusually still for like a day or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.