Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128720 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
Thank you all for the best wishes: I sincerely appreciate. My son and wife are doing pretty well. All the pregnant mothers in the house shall all deliver safely. Amen. Madam tjskii, how are u doing? Start preparing oo, your child is near and its going to be stress free. I pray its a girl ooo; I'll just do book me down for my handsome bobo. smiley smiley smiley

It is important to get the ATT, some say you can take the 5 at once, but its better taken the way tjskii advised. That was how my wife took hers, she felt pains for days with swellings. The whole subsided after a week or so.

I had been busy all day, that's why I couldn't continue my story. Shall continue shortly;I'm sure the first timers would learn a lot.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hmm.
not exactly climate but incidence of MNT in Nigeria is really high ( maternal neonatal tetanus) in Nigeria compared to the US where it is practically low/ non existent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thank you for the responses. Thank God there's no pain like analgin injection o. The subsequent pain is due to immunologic reactions. Will ask for mine when next i visit the hospital.

Mr. Mafemad. Waiting for the conclusion.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 4:08am On Jul 25, 2013
Gd morning all, when exactly does this metallic taste or so stops, I can't seem to stop spitting.
I feel as though I experience all d symptoms of preg, not that I'm complaning but then i don't think there's not one I av not seen.
Jst d other day I was told I av d pregnancy mask even if my tummy is not yet protuded. D spittin hweva I think is taking too long to stop @ 18wks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 25, 2013
I am still spitting too @19weeks. The only good thing is i can now swallow some spit. I also experienced all the pregnancy symptoms o.
My biggest problem now is nasal congestion anything from 6pm- about 9am everyday. Hubby just taught me the hot water and robb massage of the nose. Which relieves me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 4:35am On Jul 25, 2013
@rukemi291, pls teach me the robb thing, this nasal stuff is not funny
@esmeralda, just try and relax, I still have that taste too at 17wks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 25, 2013
Put a little quantity of robb/any balm (not aboniki o) in a bowl and add some hot water. Dip a neat handkerchief in it, remove, squeeze, allow to cool a little so as not to burn ur skin. Massage ur nose and sniff in a little.
#I realise i feel much better when husband does it for me because it takes a little longer#

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2013
Rukemi291: Put a little quantity of robb/any balm (not aboniki o) in a bowl and add some hot water. Dip a neat handkerchief in it, remove, squeeze, allow to cool a little so as not to burn ur skin. Massage ur nose and sniff in a little.
#I realise i feel much better when husband does it for me because it takes a little longer#
someone taught me dis too,n it rily helpd a lot...odas shd try it too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2013
Chai, the joys of pregnancy. The metallic taste is still there but I thot its because of supplements. But thankfully, I have not been spitting, guess I'm lucky in that regards. Pls what can we use to remove the metallic taste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2013
For me i used a lot of chewing gum and candy, mints like tom Tom, was helpful earlier then ginger sweets too because i later became nauseated by the mints.
Please does anybody know of any good gynaecologist with a small maternity clinic anywhere in surulere? Thats the kind of place i want for my ANC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2013
I av come to understand d spittin occurs mostly when u r beginning to get hungry, cos i realize if i av not eaten in the mornin i tend to spit alot until i eat smthing, it gets better after eating n a few hours after d meal if the spitin is about to start i may chew gum n that affects me alot cos i forget im hungry n as usual i wont feel like eating anything till it becomes unbearable, n my hubby gets angry that im starvin his child but i dont think its my fault as i do not av apetite for any food.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ehosoros(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
HELLO where is everybody im a silent follower of this thread but for quite some time now the silence in here has been deafening.
Where is tjski, madam we miss u o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Tjskii! How are u doing? @bludeville, dose mints make me hungry. Though, i av d metalic taste bt i dnt spit. I wish there are oda alternatives to d mint.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Madam tjskii, ke ebino?. Hope all is well o.
@ all I heard something today o that it is not good to wear yellow clothes for newborn babies, that it gives jaundice. How true is this?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
@honey86
Yellow clothes does not give jaundice.some people advise against it because early diagnosis is very important in the treatment of jaundice. Therefore in the first few days after a baby is born, yellow clothing could interfere as it may "reflect" in the baby's eye thereby giving d illusion of jaundice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070324211206AArgflq

Wish this link opens. Its lengthy but pls read. These researchers are confusing us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
@poshhosh, thanks for the explanation.
@udoka2, are they telling us to be anemic or what?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2013
ehosoros:
Where is tjski, madam we miss u o

beauty?:
Tjskii! How are u doing? .

honey86: Madam tjskii, ke ebino?. Hope all is well o.
cheesy cheesy grin I dey o,stil dey push am,d pikin is still lounging in d belle,so it looks lik I'm goin to be induced,fear jus dey catch me,iv heard very painful gists bout being induced,but God dey sha,at least peopl wey dey do am no get 2heads undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2013
tjskii:

cheesy cheesy grin I dey o,stil dey push am,d pikin is still lounging in d belle,so it looks lik I'm goin to be induced,fear jus dey catch me,iv heard very painful gists bout being induced,but God dey sha,at least peopl wey dey do am no get 2heads undecided
eeyah its well ma'am..wish u safe delivery..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
J
tjskii:

Please don't induce till its past 42weeks, don't be in so much of a hurry.Induction also has its down sides and it's not just the pains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
please house, what can i use to reduce my B P. cos in my last appointment my doctor said my b p is high but recomend some tablet for me but i havnt see any changes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
byvan: J

Please don't induce till its past 42weeks, don't be in so much of a hurry.Induction also has its down sides and it's not just the pains.

Itz my hospitalz policy to induce at 40wks,accordin to themm thyr unwilin to put baby at risk cos of placenta deterioration afta due date,I aint arguin wth them,cos na naija we dey,they prbly dnt av proper medical equipmnt incas smthn goes wrong,I kno most clinics wait til ure at least a wk ovadue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mutty.babe:
please house, what can i use to reduce my B P. cos in my last appointment my doctor said my b p is high but recomend some tablet for me but i havnt see any changes

Rest and plenty more rest is wat u nid,if ure stil workin,consider startin ur maternity leave
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Alright,make sure they monitor the baby's heart beat from time to time while at it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
@tjskii, its nice to read from you. Good to know all is well, we will remember you in our prayers. Sharpening my spoon for naming choppings
@muttybabe, please try to take as much rest as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
Meanwhile, i came across this list on EMMA(every mums maternity apparel)
COMPREHENSIVE BABY SHOPPING LIST
April 2, 2012 at 12:50pm

Baby:

Diapers

Wipes

Baby powder,oil,shampoo,soap or bath wash(tear free one)

Cotton buds

Cotton wool

Menthylated spirit(to clean navel)

Baby manicure set

Baby thermometer

Baby bath set (tub,bucket etc)

Nappy rash cream (in case)

Petroleum jelly (use at every diaper change to avoid rash)

Towels(preferrably hooded towels dat cover their head as well)

Disinfectant

Clothes

Sleep suits

Body suits

Socks

Booties

Bibs

Shawl

Receiving blankets

Cot or mosquito net(they r like baskets with a net.)

Baby caps(not too thick tho)

Nursery

Baby cot/mattress

Changing mat

Chest of drawers

Baby monitor

Bedsheets

Feeding

Breast pump

Bottle warmer

Feeding bottles

Bottle n Teat brush

Sterilizing equipment

Milton tablets or liquid(for sterilizing)

Weaning cups/bowls

Going out

Diaper bag

Baby carrier

Car seat

Stroller

Nursing cover(to breast feed discreetly in public)

Playtime

Rattle toys

Soft cuddling toys

Baby swing/ Baby bouncer /Baby walker

Mother:

Disposable pants

Nursing bras

Maternity pads (comfit or ladysept)

Breast pads

Front opening shirts or dresses( nursing clothes)

Sitz bath bowl( to sit in and heal)

Belly bandit(to shrink tummy after childbirth)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
tjskii:

the lord is ur strength, I eventually completed my ANC registration today i jst got back to d office. Glory to God everything is good.
@honey86,thanks for d list i was given d antenatal list but its not as comprehensive as this.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
tjskii:

Rest and plenty more rest is wat u nid,if ure stil workin,consider startin ur maternity leave
thanks for ur advise i will try to adjust and my maternity leave starts today.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 5:12am On Jul 27, 2013
Tjskii, may Almighty see u through. Just dont worry yourself. *winks*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
esmeralda1: Gd morning all, when exactly does this metallic taste or so stops, I can't seem to stop spitting.
I feel as though I experience all d symptoms of preg, not that I'm complaning but then i don't think there's not one I av not seen.
Jst d other day I was told I av d pregnancy mask even if my tummy is not yet protuded. D spittin hweva I think is taking too long to stop @ 18wks.
lol, it depends anyway, some stop nd some continue till u put to bed, I'm 28weeks and I'm still spitting, I lick menthol sweet when I go out....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
How are you tjskii??Please how is it going?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
My sis I stil dey o,decided against being induced,wil chill 1more wk and see ow it goes,thanks kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.