Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? (7693 Views)

Val's Dinner: Rate My Fiancee And I. :D / Why Must The Guy Always Pay For The Date? / Things Every Man Should Learn To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Ammyng(f): 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
I think that the woman should always OFFER to pay, and the guy should only occasionally take her up on it. But thats only if he asked her out. If she asked him out, the opposite should apply.

What do you think?
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
A girl shouldn't always wait for the guy to pay. She should also offer to pay herself!
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by tellwisdom: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
angry angry
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
First date me second date anyone can. But seriously I prefer paying. She can leave some tip for the server. Its not in any constitution that men must pay for dinner at all time.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrCork17: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
if you will get puuuuny in return, WHY NOT? undecided
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by arrived(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
Anybody can pay.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ammy

I have no problem paying for my husband's dinners (on a date) sometimes but I will never be able to because my husband will not accept it.

He said it is an offense to him so I don't offer at all. We don't eat out much anyways. Home cooked meals are the best in my opinion especially when I can cook better than most chefs.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
I prefer to pay.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Goldieluks: 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Ammy

I have no problem paying for my husband's dinners (on a date) sometimes but I will never be able to because my husband will not accept it.  

He said it is an offense to him so I don't offer at all.  We don't eat out much anyways.  Home cooked meals are the best in my opinion especially when I can cook better than most chefs.

+100
Not all men would sit back and watch their wives foot the bill of a lunch/dinner date! Especially married men. Am sure some single guys does same.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by kemmeye: 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
If its the first date you should probably let him pay. cuz if you do it might make him feel less of a man
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
Goldieluks:

+100
Not all men would sit back and watch their wives foot the bill of a lunch/dinner date! Especially married men. Am sure some single guys does same.

My husband told me a wife don't pay for her husband's meals.  Then he went on about how he is a provider and started quoting scriptures.  I think I watched a movie in my mind for the rest of the lecture.  He can talk. 

kemmeye:

If its the first date you should probably let him pay. cuz if you do it might make him feel less of a man

That's true.  I always offer to cook him meals as a thank you.  I think it is fair and it shows that you are appreciative.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by nene1: 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
Well maybe on the 1st date when we have just met each other I would pay my portion unless he offers to pay. Generally, I think most african men would prefer to pay, but some of the ones who grew up in the west might be different. Not too sure about that though. After the first few weeks, it would be nice if he paid. I like things the old-fashioned way. I cannot speak for Nigerian men or other african men, but for Gambian/Senegalese men, they would never take money from their girlfriend. It is generally understood that he will be the one to pick up the tab. They would be surprised if the girl offered to pay. They have an ego thing where they like to prove they can take care of their girl.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by nene1: 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
Plus as a man, if you expect your girlfriend to have sex with you, you shouldn't be cheap.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by kemmeye: 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

My husband told me a wife don't pay for her husband's meals.  Then he went on about how he is a provider and started quoting scriptures.  I think I watched a movie in my mind for the rest of the lecture.  He can talk. 

That's true.  I always offer to cook him meals as a thank you.  I think it is fair and it shows that you are appreciative. 

Hahahahahaha thats funny as hell
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Goldieluks: 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

That's some men for you. Too macho, but I don't see it as a bad idea, as long as the wife appreciates it, just as you do , cooking him meals to say thank you.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
kemmeye:

Hahahahahaha thats funny as hell

I had to throw in a few, "Yeah, I hear you baby" and "You are right" (not knowing if he was asking me if I wanted to slap myself) so he doesn't get suspicious. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 09, 2012
A man should not always pay for dinner but he should endeavor to do so most of the time. This is not to say the lady should not offer to pay sometimes too. This really should not be an issue if the couple are grown in the relationship and understand the way things are run in the relationship.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 09, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I had to throw in a few, "Yeah, I hear you baby" and "You are right" (not knowing if he was asking me if I wanted to slap myself) so he doesn't get suspicious. grin lipsrsealed

<cork>
Mrs Chima is a quiet person in real life. she just likes to form here angry. No offienccfee wink
</c0rk>
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 09, 2012
Like said earlier, did I ask her out, then yes.  If she asked me out, I’ll probably pay or go in on it with her, but she should be ready to pay. Especially if the date sucks. women ask me out all the time, if I make a pick of where I want us to go I will definitely pay but if she's in total control then I'm cool with that. But sorry just because you want to pay for my dinner doesn't mean I should follow you to come roaches wwe center called restaurant. But its all depend on how long I've known her and how comfortable I am with her. Bottom line, I love paying n hate when a chick try playing miss independent in paying for my dinner lol
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 2:55am On Mar 09, 2012
2buff:

<cork>
Mrs Chima is a quiet person in real life. she just likes to form here angry. No offienccfee wink
</c0rk>

What's with the cork thing? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 09, 2012
Mrs. Chima with all due online respect (just for this moment) I have few questions for you.

1, Are you a house wife?

2, Do you have a job?

3, Are you a nl addict? "ok disregard this one I think I know the answer"

4, Are you getting daily allowance from Seun?

5, Do you at least get up sometime and stretch of off the computer or whatever thing you're browsing on?

6, Do you even have any form of outdoor activity?

Even on my longest vacation or stay off from NL I still come back to see you on every thread on NL no matter the time. Yea I know we share the same time zone or with probably 2 or 3 hours diff that is if you're in the U.S

No offense, just curious. Hope you don't twist or ridicule the answers smiley

OP pardon me, I didn't wanna open a thread for this smiley
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 3:34am On Mar 09, 2012
REALITY101:

Mrs. Chima with all due online respect (just for this moment) I have few questions for you.

1, Are you a house wife?

2, Do you have a job?

3, Are you a nl addict? "ok disregard this one I think I know the answer"

4, Are you getting daily allowance from Seun?

5, Do you at least get up sometime and stretch of off the computer or whatever thing you're browsing on?

6, Do you even have any form of outdoor activity?

Even on my longest vacation or stay off from NL I still come back to see you on every thread on NL no matter the time. Yea I know we share the same time zone or with probably 2 or 3 hours diff that is if you're in the U.S

No offense, just curious. Hope you don't twist or ridicule the answers smiley

OP pardon me, I didn't wanna open a thread for this smiley

If you can take an online vacation (coughing) and come back (coughing) and know that I am online all day that proves you are a liar.  It is amazing that you are busy and still have time to record chatter's activities.  You are indeed jobless.  wink

I would ask if you are a Joystick sucking and Joystick in the booty gay, but SAFO and I know you won't tell the truth.  lipsrsealed

I hope that answers all of your questions.  No offense. 

OP, you can have your thread back.  kiss (Sorry for drop kicking your boy)
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 09, 2012
Lmao what was I thinking. + there's probably comprehension error here. Cough all you want. . You better go to Wallgreens or CVS for cough syrup.

Keep SAFO out of this nothing serious here to call on backup.

@gay, I'm gonna answer it straight. Bleep no hon I'm 101& straight and you know it. Fucking and eating puzzy like lollipop is my fav hobbies if that's gay then count me in as one :d

Ammysmiley

Btw no offenz taken.
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 3:49am On Mar 09, 2012
LMAO@me using SAFO as a back up. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No boo boo, SAFO called you a gay and I am agreeing with SAFO. wink No need to get mad at me. kiss kiss It isn't your fault you like dicks.

I hope my answers didn't offend you. grin kiss kiss kiss You wrote a long and rambling rant. grin
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 3:51am On Mar 09, 2012
LMAO@me needing cough syrup for a lie cough. grin grin grin grin grin grin

You need to get out of Texas for real dawg! lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 4:01am On Mar 09, 2012
Loool offend me? Try again. . The only annoying thing to me right now is how stupid Tiger Wood is playing on WGC arghhhh. gay indeed. . This gay here gets more pussy on daily basis than many NLanders.

No hon the gay ish originated from Cork and 190 even tho its so disgusting ish but its still funny whenever they say it especially Mr. Cork. . . So that means you're a fat, ugly, housewife sorry (house green card) wife as 99.9% NL calls u? Just curious :d
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 09, 2012
Someone is hurting. . Actually I didn't mean no harm with the question.

@Texas, your navigation or tracker ain't working you need to upgrade to enable you get a clear signal of my location .
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 4:08am On Mar 09, 2012
Just because you married a dumb and fat white chick (your current baby momma) to enter United States doesn't mean all American women are into mail order husbands.  

I don't take into strays.   wink   No offense.  

You are the president of Mail Order Husband Corporation.  Many dumb arse lonely women count on you to provide husbands.  Upgrade the quality.  wink

How many more years you got left before you are "officially" a citizen?   grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 09, 2012
funny how she didn't even answer any of the questions undecided
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 4:09am On Mar 09, 2012
2buff:

funny how she didn't even answer any of the questions  undecided

And I am not going to answer any of the questions.   kiss kiss kiss kiss

Nigga going to make up shit up anyways. wink
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 09, 2012
Hahahahahhaha roflmmfao @ marrying to get papers and citizenship. School of hard knock. . Hon I am 1000000% single fucking all the slim, clean pussies around. . Getting all I can. Hello my name isn't Chima hon.

How can I possibly pay to have what's rightfully mine?

Damn I love getting deep into your skin. Been a while.

Anyway, don't worry Lakers got no game tonight so imma stick around to keep you company for few more minutes before heading out.

What's the topic again?
Re: Do You Believe The Man Should Always Pay For Dinner? by MrsChima1(f): 4:16am On Mar 09, 2012
REALITY101:

Hahahahahhaha roflmmfao @ marrying to get papers and citizenship. School of hard knock. . Hon I am 1000000% single bleeping all the slim, clean Kitty-cats around. . Getting all I can. Hello my name isn't Chima hon.

How can I possibly pay to have what's rightfully mine?

Damn I love getting deep into your skin. Been a while.

Anyway, don't worry Lakers got no game tonight so imma stick around to keep you company for few more minutes before heading out.

What's the topic again?

LMAO@the gay getting mad.  grin grin grin  Aww.  You want to stick to the topic now huh?  grin

That's right baby laugh that painful memory away.  Just lay low until your papers arrive.  Don't give that chick any reasons to call Immigration on you.  wink

Mail Order Husbands Incorporation
Slogan: " Love you long time til the papers come"

I am patenting this shit! That was tight! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reply A Girl Got After Asking A Guy For Airtime On Facebook / Spanishfly. Any Idea? / Thigh Tattoo Now Trending Among Fair Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.