Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (90771 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 11:45am On May 06, 2012
Hey guys with the playbook.. Any of you into gaming? Anybody Played the free Gameloft Modern Warfare 2 HD, Ashplalt 6 or Real football 2011 HD on your playbooks? What of Blood and Glory, Lara Croft Tomb raider. I can't wait to get Grand Theft Auto II on the playbook.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 2:58pm On May 06, 2012
TCD: @alstacs . I'm getting a playbook soon. I would assume There is no difference between the bridging experience and the others like galaxy tab et all. The only thing that should make any difference is the Network providers 3G or EDGE. this will also affect the galaxy tab..
i'm not sure if you are talking about the browsing speed via bridge, but if you are, then I can assure you that you'll be blown away by the speed.I had the same concern,but was very much impressed.just unfortunate that mine packed up after 3days.sent it back to slot and was told that they were going to send it back to their supplier for repairs.its been like 3weeks now.i'm still waiting
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2012
What is the battery life of a playbook like? What type of file does it open? Just being inquisitive
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:16pm On May 06, 2012
dan_dollar: i'm not sure if you are talking about the browsing speed via bridge, but if you are, then I can assure you that you'll be blown away by the speed.I had the same concern,but was very much impressed.just unfortunate that mine packed up after 3days.sent it back to slot and was told that they were going to send it back to their supplier for repairs.its been like 3weeks now.i'm still waiting
oh my, sorry about that, what happened to the playbook? it just crashed? did you try to reload the software or wipe the device, it might have helped.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by walcolm(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2012
Nice to see playbook folks up in the house....i've had one since june 2011 and i only knew a few friends who had too

just to chip in, you can use Bluetooth connection to any phone with data to browse. it doesnt have to be your BB everytime wink

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 2:29pm On May 07, 2012
benzion72: What is the battery life of a playbook like? What type of file does it open? Just being inquisitive

From 100% charge, my playbook would last a full 5 hours active browsing, while also listening to music through a headset @ the same time. (still with 32% energy left)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by gaffer: 9:58pm On May 07, 2012
Need a Band new Blackberry playbook 2.0? Call 08035805912 for enqiury
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 11:10pm On May 07, 2012
^^How much be your own 32GB playbook?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by gaffer: 11:26pm On May 07, 2012
Brand new and sealed in the pack (16gb)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 11:05pm On May 09, 2012
dan_dollar: i'm not sure if you are talking about the browsing speed via bridge, but if you are, then I can assure you that you'll be blown away by the speed.I had the same concern,but was very much impressed.just unfortunate that mine packed up after 3days.sent it back to slot and was told that they were going to send it back to their supplier for repairs.its been like 3weeks now.i'm still waiting

Sorry about your playbook. I am happy about the browsing experience. Were you browsing in an area where you had 3G or EDGE? The best I may have is EDGE so I need to know how fast it is on EDGE.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by alstacs(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2012
It is quite interesting to see people who actually like and have used the PB. I have read a lot of reviews but I was still not convinced I wouldn't be losing something by going for pb instead of Ipad and galaxy tab.
The noise of androids and Ipad has been so loud that I have been looking instead of leaping. I think I may be running for a pb now.
If anyone has used a galaxy tab or Ipad on thus thread, do you think you miss anything?

Thank you guys for keeping this thread alive, till I will be able to get my Pb.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:18am On May 10, 2012
alstacs: It is quite interesting to see people who actually like and have used the PB. I have read a lot of reviews but I was still not convinced I wouldn't be losing something by going for pb instead of Ipad and galaxy tab.
The noise of androids and Ipad has been so loud that I have been looking instead of leaping. I think I may be running for a pb now.
If anyone has used a galaxy tab or Ipad on thus thread, do you think you miss anything?

Thank you guys for keeping this thread alive, till I will be able to get my Pb.
It depends really on what you need a tablet for. If data isn't a concern of yours and you can shell out big money to get up to 7gb of data bundle then the galaxy tab/ipad is for you. For the PB the idea of using my same unlimited BIS subscription on my tablet sealed the deal for me. Since you'll be mainly exposed to EDGE, edge isn't really fast, and I don't think you'll enjoy the browsing on any kind of tablet be it PB, Ipad or galaxy. Anyway, I'm getting a playbook in the coming days, I'll check out the browsing on EDGE for you and give you feedback.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 12:21pm On May 10, 2012
alstacs:

Sorry about your playbook. I am happy about the browsing experience. Were you browsing in an area where you had 3G or EDGE? The best I may have is EDGE so I need to know how fast it is on EDGE.
.browsing on edge too was cool.I don't know how fast the networks are in your area,but trust me,you will enjoy the browsing experience with 3g or edge.especially with airtel(tried it with airtel and glo).
I had the same fears like you are having now, that was why I opened this thread.but the speed was faster than my torch 9810 browser.you won't be dissapointed.
NB:some apps don't work with bridge though,eg the application world.you'll need a wifi connection to access the app world.but I tell you,bridging is fantastic.you won't be dissapointed. Oh! How I miss my playbook!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nicompop: 3:57pm On May 11, 2012
Blackberry Playbook at give away prices 49k

Interested Buyers to holla 08106432135
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nicompop: 4:05pm On May 11, 2012
Limited Units available

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Tasma: 2:54pm On May 14, 2012
Had the 32gig playbook for a while now. Fairly good speeds with the bb bridge using my bold 4. Got quite a few apps as well from the app world and now some andriod apps are being ported over to the playbook. Not all android apps with work on the playbook for now but that is a continous process. Main issue is getting a good wifi connection to download apps and games. You can't download with the blackberry bridge app. Even setting up the playbook initially requires a good wifi connection and you may need to download a file of about 400 mb. If the connection fails along the line you may need to start it all over again.

I have a samsung galaxy s2 and for some strange reason the wifi hotspot on this does not work with the playbook. The bold 4 doesn't have the new os 7 that enables the wifi hotspot on a blackberry mobile so I can't use my bb.

All said its a great tablet and since I can browse with the bridge on my bb and thus avoid an extra 5-8k monthly bill for browsing I'm quite happy with it. Cheers.

p.s. My Nigerian experience with the pb, don't know about the issues overseas but I'm sure it should be easier to use there with all the available wifi hotspots.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2012
Playbook is fantastic but you must get WIFI access ready you must update to new OS before use and the OS is 509MB or else you just be carrying the tablet araound. Just hope Blackberry Nigeria will open shop with WIFI access for updates. Mine is still with me I do not have WIFI access

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:21am On May 15, 2012
benzion72: Playbook is fantastic but you must get WIFI access ready you must update to new OS before use and the OS is 509MB or else you just be carrying the tablet araound. Just hope Blackberry Nigeria will open shop with WIFI access for updates. Mine is still with me I do not have WIFI access
my brother I feel your pain. I got my playbook yesterday and discovered my joikuspot from my nokia which creates wireless hotspot isn't supported as Blackberry blocked all Ad-hoc wireless connections for security reasons. However I got a way around it online and I'm currently downloading the 509MB update using my own created wifi... I'll post instrustions later in the day how u can get around the stuff. Carrying your playbook around without use no make sense at all.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:29am On May 15, 2012
Tasma: Had the 32gig playbook for a while now. Fairly good speeds with the bb bridge using my bold 4. Got quite a few apps as well from the app world and now some andriod apps are being ported over to the playbook. Not all android apps with work on the playbook for now but that is a continous process. Main issue is getting a good wifi connection to download apps and games. You can't download with the blackberry bridge app. Even setting up the playbook initially requires a good wifi connection and you may need to download a file of about 400 mb. If the connection fails along the line you may need to start it all over again.

I have a samsung galaxy s2 and for some strange reason the wifi hotspot on this does not work with the playbook. The bold 4 doesn't have the new os 7 that enables the wifi hotspot on a blackberry mobile so I can't use my bb.

All said its a great tablet and since I can browse with the bridge on my bb and thus avoid an extra 5-8k monthly bill for browsing I'm quite happy with it. Cheers.

The wifi hotspot on your galaxy s2 is an ad-hoc wireless connection, the bb wont recognise it. For apps or app world you can download the bar files online and sideload the apps yourself. or create a wireless hotspotand download directly from app world

p.s. My Nigerian experience with the pb, don't know about the issues overseas but I'm sure it should be easier to use there with all the available wifi hotspots.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 10:38pm On May 15, 2012
TCD: my brother I feel your pain. I got my playbook yesterday and discovered my joikuspot from my nokia which creates wireless hotspot isn't supported as Blackberry blocked all Ad-hoc wireless connections for security reasons. However I got a way around it online and I'm currently downloading the 509MB update using my own created wifi... I'll post instrustions later in the day how u can get around the stuff. Carrying your playbook around without use no make sense at all.
please, do post the instructions.we'll appreciate.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nicompop: 8:15am On May 16, 2012
BB playbook unboxed and displayed from pack (sample)

Interested buyers contact 08106432135 for enqiuries

All Brand New Sealed in Pack

Free delivery avilable to any destination within Lagos

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Nicompop: 8:21am On May 16, 2012
All 16GB sealed in the Pack. (Total of 5 units remaining)

Get us before they sold out

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:36pm On May 16, 2012
METHOD NUMBER 2

This One is very straight forward, has similarity with number one above.. in this one, you need a laptop with internet connection. doesnt matter what internet connection whether its modem, ad-hoc (using wireless hotspot from ur android, nokia etc). It just must be fast enough and reliable enough to download an over 500mb file else you will sleep there o.

now your laptop must have Blackberry Desktop manager installed. switch off your playbook, run desktop manager, Connect your Playbook via USB to the computer and then immediately Hold the power button down for like 10-20secs. The red LED light should flash and desktop manager will tell you, "Cant Connect to the playbook, bla bla bla, bla bla bla, it"ll then give you three options, "retry", "Update" or 'cancel". Click on Update and DM will automatically download and install the new OS update. And when it starts up, it wont take you through the damn set up procedure.

This Method is also useful if you find yourself with a Crashed, dead or Nuked Playbook. it'll help you repair and reload the OS.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:44pm On May 16, 2012
so thats The koko up there, Hope this helps someone. if you have any question aboutwhat I wrote above, ask away and I shall answer thee. download apps, games and enjoy your device dont let it lie idle.

Do you know that if you press the two volume buttons on the top of the PB together It takes a screenshot of your screen? just discovered that by accident yesterday. Lemme give you guys some shots from my end

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:05pm On May 16, 2012
last one. This N.O.V.A HD game is so amazing. wicked graphics

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 12:33am On May 17, 2012
Thanx for the tutorial,bro.hmm! Feel like stealing your playbook already.still waiting for mine.I discovered i could revive it with the method you specified after I had sent it to SLot.you can't belive that those people there that call demselves engineers said they had to send it to their suppliers outside nigeria because they don't fix playbook here.

Is it a 16gig that's housing all those lovely games? I dey jealous already.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:31am On May 17, 2012
dan_dollar: Thanx for the tutorial,bro.hmm! Feel like stealing your playbook already.still waiting for mine.I discovered i could revive it with the method you specified after I had sent it to SLot.you can't belive that those people there that call demselves engineers said they had to send it to their suppliers outside nigeria because they don't fix playbook here.

Is it a 16gig that's housing all those lovely games? I dey jealous already.

Sorry man, I think you should worry them for your device. Three weeks is too long.

No ooo, na 32GB memory I get. 16gb will be too small for me
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 5:41pm On May 17, 2012
OK, bro.have you tried sideloading android apps yet?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:33pm On May 17, 2012
dan_dollar: OK, bro.have you tried sideloading android apps yet?
almost all the apps and games I have are sideloaded. App world doesn't accept Naira Mastercard, so nothing I fit do.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 2:23pm On May 18, 2012
That's cool!please u go assist me on sideloading when I get my playbook back.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 4:35pm On May 18, 2012
My Playbook is resting at home cause i could not get WIFI. I even advertise for MTN MIFI for rent but could not get prospect. I bought Wireless router but i have not master that how to get it work. It refused my MTN modem, bought Airtel it connected but internet is not broadcasting. Hope this BDM work. Thanks for the tutorial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Boys Wearing Slippers, Tee Shirt And Short Nika With Iphone 11,12,13. / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity / Step By Step: How To Get A Free USA Phone Number From Google Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.