Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (90929 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2012
omosuji: When I bought my playbook about two weeks ago,a guy asked for 15k for the upgrade to be done for me. What I did was to buy etisalat night plan for four k. I now use the wifi of my curve4 to connect the playbook to the Internet. The whole setup was a breeze. It took about thirty minutes for the update to be downloaded. The rest was just to follow the prompt.
My playbook has been up and running since then. I have also been able to sideload a few android apps following the instructions on this post. However I have not been able to get a torrent app that works. I have tried playtorrent and atorrent non of which work. Any advice in this regard will be appreciated. Thank to TCD.
No torrent client works via BlackBerry bridge for obvious reasons. You have to use wifi with them.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2012
@ TCD - now we know that the 7.1 updates can connect with the pb.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
7.1 update connect with pb easily
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thanks TCD.. It doesnt even give me the download file menu so cant rename the file. It comes as "Request entity too large" on a blank page. I use MTN! Do you know of any native playbook browser aside the sideloaded android ones?? And I cant even download songs without using save link as.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Lexusgs430: @ TCD - now we know that the 7.1 updates can connect with the pb.
omosuji: 7.1 update connect with pb easily
mehn what good news. I'm eyeing the Curve 4 with this new 7.1 has FM. Radio and Wifi hotspot...happy times
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
Racheed: Thanks TCD.. It doesnt even give me the download file menu so cant rename the file. It comes as "Request entity too large" on a blank page. I use MTN! Do you know of any native playbook browser aside the sideloaded android ones?? And I cant even download songs without using save link as.
one more question, are you on OS2.0.1? Looks like you're on an older version of the OS that has bridge browser, if so, use the normal PB browser not the bridge browser, also are you on BIS or BES?.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
Im on OS 2.0.1.358 i have just the normal playbook browser i think.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
Racheed: Im on OS 2.0.1.358 i have just the normal playbook browser i think.
Ooh and im on BIS
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
Racheed: Ooh and im on BIS
ok, your situation is really strange. Does your blackberry phone give the same requent entity too large error when u try to download? Have you tried bridging with another BB and see if u get the same result or change Sims with someone. In the meantime, when I get home, I'll give you links to two Native playbook browser apps I use. Not tried them for downloading though.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
My phone used to give the same error too before ucweb for blackberry. Thanks sha.. I'll try it with another network too.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
Racheed: My phone used to give the same error too before ucweb for blackberry. Thanks sha.. I'll try it with another network too.
are you by any chance using an OS5 blackberry?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by antreaspm: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hey.. i want a help with mep code for blackberry bold 9650. If you can help me i ll appreciate it. IMEI: 353801.04.160509.2
MEP: 15326-002
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
antreaspm: Hey.. i want a help with mep code for blackberry bold 9650. If you can help me i ll appreciate it. IMEI: 353801.04.160509.2
MEP: 15326-002

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
TCD: mehn what good news. I'm eyeing the Curve 4 with this new 7.1 has FM. Radio and Wifi hotspot...happy times

Happy days ahead!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by antreaspm: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
Lexusgs430:

it worked.. thanks a lot.. wink
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
omosuji: When I bought my playbook about two weeks ago,a guy asked for 15k for the upgrade to be done for me. What I did was to buy etisalat night plan for four k. I now use the wifi of my curve4 to connect the playbook to the Internet. The whole setup was a breeze. It took about thirty minutes for the update to be downloaded. The rest was just to follow the prompt.
My playbook has been up and running since then. I have also been able to sideload a few android apps following the instructions on this post. However I have not been able to get a torrent app that works. I have tried playtorrent and atorrent non of which work. Any advice in this regard will be appreciated. Thank to TCD.
i set up mine using the hotspot from my 9810,with zain.bros,please,how do i get my hotspot to work with etisalat? Wat do i need to use for the apn and stuffs.i've been trying it but havent been successful yet.hoping to hear from you.thanx.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drjb: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
I hail o ma brovas nd sis's.pls does any1 know anyfn about real football 2011,I sideloaded the app but its not working on my PB.restarted severally of course.thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
TCD: are you by any chance using an OS5 blackberry?
Yea.. A storm 2. Thats the reason yea?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
antreaspm: it worked.. thanks a lot.. wink

Enjoy !!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 1:08am On Jun 12, 2012
drjb: I hail o ma brovas nd sis's.pls does any1 know anyfn about real football 2011,I sideloaded the app but its not working on my PB.restarted severally of course.thanks
delete that which you have and download this real football 2011 v2, it works http://i.minus.com/1339545885/AGFNkDiXxhJgrlF8j5qSrw/db07lZ5AESgpdj/Real Football HD 2011 v2.0.bar
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2012
Racheed: Yea.. A storm 2. Thats the reason yea?
No wonder your case is so rare, people hardly use OS5 anymore. That request entity too large ish was common with os 5, but from os6, blackberry removed that limit. I'm afraid even with other browsers you'll still have the same problem, the best bet is to change to an os6 or 7 BB.

Two years ago, when I was still on os5, there was a way I used to bypass the limit by modifying ipd files and replacing them with one from China, turns out it wasn't safe, those Chinese could be stealing secure information from your phone eg bank passwords etc
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2012
How To Use Your BlackBerry As An Internet Modem
Apr 24, 2011 ... Just like most internet enabled mobile phones in the market today, every ... Plans, Glo Internet Plans, Etisalat Internet Plans and MTN Internet Plans. ... Select Mobile Internet Settings from the drop down menu as shown below.
www.patchworkoftips.com/use-blackberry-phones-as.../443/
Please check the above Site on how to set up etisalat mobile Internet on you phone.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2012
dan_dollar: i set up mine using the hotspot from my 9810,with zain.bros,please,how do i get my hotspot to work with etisalat? Wat do i need to use for the apn and stuffs.i've been trying it but havent been successful yet.hoping to hear from you.thanx.
[quote author=antreaspm] it worked.. thanks a lot.. wink[/quotehttp://www.patchworkoftips.com/etisalat-internet-subscription-plans/108/
You can get the setup here.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 9:41am On Jun 12, 2012
[quote author=omosuji][/quote] I didn't see anything new there.I had used etisalat as my APN, leaving username and password blank,as was suggested on this link you gave as well as on Their website, still its not working.PLease help a brother.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2012
omosuji:
How To Use Your BlackBerry As An Internet Modem
Apr 24, 2011 ... Just like most internet enabled mobile phones in the market today, every ... Plans, Glo Internet Plans, Etisalat Internet Plans and MTN Internet Plans. ... Select Mobile Internet Settings from the drop down menu as shown below.
www.patchworkoftips.com/use-blackberry-phones-as.../443/
Please check the above Site on how to set up etisalat mobile Internet on you phone.
I didn't see anything new there.I had used etisalat as my APN, leaving username and password blank,as was suggested on this link you gave as well as on Their website, still its not working.PLease help a brother.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
What is not working?, etisalat mobile internet or the wifi setup.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
omosuji: What is not working?, etisalat mobile internet or the wifi setup.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
omosuji: What is not working?, etisalat mobile internet or the wifi setup.
ok, i want to get the mobile hotspot on my torch running OS 7.1 to work with etisalat.

It works with airtel,infact, that was what i used in setting up my playbook.

I have been trying it with etisalat for a while now, but havent had a head way.it connects but wont browse.

In your post, u stated that you set up ur playbook with your curve4 on os 7.1 using etisalat and you still use the hotspot.

All i'm asking is how you got the mobile hotspot on ur curve4 to work with ETISALAT (the APN and settings you used)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
I did not use any special setting. The etisalat line is what I use for bis. For me to use it for the wifi hotspot I had to subscribe to another internet plan in addition to the bis plan I am already on. That was why I bought the 4g night plan. Yours should also work if you subscribe to any of the etisalat internet plan. The settings is sill the same old setting. Is your line a new one or have you been browsing on that line before?. If it is a new line you may have to call the customer care line to help you provision it for data.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
I also think your etisalat line will automatically be activated for data once you subscribe to a plan. Hope this help. Part of 4g I bought is still remaining. This is what I have been using to access appworld with the pb. So subscribe to a data plan and try again. It will work.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
omosuji: I did not use any special setting. The etisalat line is what I use for bis. For me to use it for the wifi hotspot I had to subscribe to another internet plan in addition to the bis plan I am already on. That was why I bought the 4g night plan. Yours should also work if you subscribe to any of the etisalat internet plan. The settings is sill the same old setting. Is your line a new one or have you been browsing on that line before?. If it is a new line you may have to call the customer care line to help you provision it for data.
oh! I think i get you now. I have to buy anoda plan aside my BiS to get it to work! Thanx for your time bro.i appreciate.thank you.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
Yes o. You do need another plan in addition to the BIS. Your BlackBerry bridge however works with or through BIS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Carlcare Is Here With You / How Do I Know If I Am Sharing My Data With Someone Unknowingly? / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.