Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (90923 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
2010a:

i carried out steps 1 - 6 more than 30 times, it will check for updates and then say: There are no Blackberry Tablet OS updates available

if there are no updates available, i am wondering why my device is not working
Great, at least now we're getting somewhere. You can now see the update function on BDM.

I too got the no updates available message several times. I found out it was coz my network was unstable. I suggest you keep trying it'll see the update or you look for another Internet connection to use. Btw, who is it Internet service provider and where are you located? Hope it's not starcomms.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
blackberry released the playbook 2.1.590 develpers beta! u can multitask andriod apps
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
aomom: blackberry released the playbook 2.1.590 develpers beta! u can multitask andriod apps
have you given it a try yet? Thought about registering for the beta but having to reload my over 100 sideloaded apps allover again after the update, mehn I'll wait till its official release.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
TCD: Great, at least now we're getting somewhere. You can now see the update function on BDM.

I too got the no updates available message several times. I found out it was coz my network was unstable. I suggest you keep trying it'll see the update or you look for another Internet connection to use. Btw, who is it Internet service provider and where are you located? Hope it's not starcomms.

Etisalat easyblaze
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
aomom: blackberry released the playbook 2.1.590 develpers beta! u can multitask andriod apps

Wow!!!
Sounds so exciting. Blackberry, surely, is not giving up on their playbook
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:33am On Jun 04, 2012
2010a:

Etisalat easyblaze
you plugged ur etisalat modem to a wireless router? Anyway,how's it going now,any luck?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2012
TCD: you plugged ur etisalat modem to a wireless router? Anyway,how's it going now,any luck?

no. i plugged it to my laptop & used virtual router manager to convert my laptop to a hotspot
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
2010a:

no. i plugged it to my laptop & used virtual router manager to convert my laptop to a hotspot
try Connecticut-me.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
TCD: try Connecticut-me.

smileyk. thank you
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
TCD: try Connecticut-me.

please can you give me a link where i can find it
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
2010a:

please can you give me a link where i can find it
Sorry it's connectify-me. This bloody spellchecker on the playbook won't let me write in peace. sad the link to the cracked version is on that my tutorial.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
TCD: Sorry it's connectify-me. This bloody spellchecker on the playbook won't let me write in peace. sad the link to the cracked version is on that my tutorial.

Thank you
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
TCD: Sorry it's connectify-me. This bloody spellchecker on the playbook won't let me write in peace. sad the link to the cracked version is on that my tutorial.

And there was me thinking, it was only me that this stupid blackberry playbook spellchecker wants to teach the English language!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
Lexusgs430:

And there was me thinking, it was only me that this stupid blackberry playbook spellchecker wants to teach the English language!!!
lol, bro the thing tire me
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
I am not going to upgrade for now. 519MB is no joke to download especially with Nigeria slow motion networks.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
TCD: have you given it a try yet? Thought about registering for the beta but having to reload my over 100 sideloaded apps allover again after the update, mehn I'll wait till its official release.

Yes am on it now making very mad sense! If you are not. Wiping yur playbook u don't have to worry abt it, my sideloaded apps are working perfectly its an update
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
aomom:

Yes am on it now making very mad sense! If you are not. Wiping yur playbook u don't have to worry abt it, my sideloaded apps are working perfectly its an update
aomom:

there are indications certain android apps might not work with 2.1. Encountered any so far?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
I am running OS Ver 2.0.1.358 and all side loaded applications are working fine. But exercise caution if you don't have very fast internet with stand bye Generator to download the updates at once. Me think RIM should copy Microsoft in their updates which comes in bits and you can update it as you wish
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by konari(m): 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Hmmm (sigh) interesting. All these posts have whet my appetite for a playbook. Well done guys for the magnanimous posts. God bless you. I can only imagine what bb10 will offer if os2 on playbook is this awesome. Oh by the way has anyone tried tango or skype on playbook?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
TCD: LOL. grin

Abeg anyone here using a stylus pen for their device? Thinking of getting one for sketches and note taking

The stylus pen on the pb works well, but takes some getting used to.(I only use the spongy end)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 6:10am On Jun 08, 2012
i need help.....my PB and BB are not seeing connectify but ipad and other wireless can see it. any1 know how i can resolve this?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:03am On Jun 08, 2012
drumme: i need help.....my PB and BB are not seeing connectify but ipad and other wireless can see it. any1 know how i can resolve this?
drumme: i need help.....my PB and BB are not seeing connectify but ipad and other wireless can see it. any1 know how i can resolve this?
Make sure in the last box which is "security mode", you select "Access Point, WPA2-PSK" not any of the adhoc options. Blackberries don't recognize adhoc wireless connections.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2012
Lexusgs430:

The stylus pen on the pb works well, but takes some getting used to.(I only use the spongy end)
I'm using the stylus, I'm enjoying it. I sweat alot on my fingers(weird I know grin) the stylus makes things easier for me. PLUS I can draw sketches and sign scanned documents or pdfs accurately.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2012
konari: Hmmm (sigh) interesting. All these posts have whet my appetite for a playbook. Well done guys for the magnanimous posts. God bless you. I can only imagine what bb10 will offer if os2 on playbook is this awesome. Oh by the way has anyone tried tango or skype on playbook?
I don't know what tango is, but Skype is available as an android sideload, but the video chatting doesn't work. Just the text chatting
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tripler: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2012
I dont know if anyone can help me out in this forum, got a brand new playbook just a week ago and about 3days i used the battery % to zero limit and the playbook went off by it self, since then i have been unable to charge it up back, now i cant even wake it up from its slumber, charging signal once shows red light and off it goes after few second if i plug it to the wall charger, i notice alot of other bb Playbook user complain of the same on Blackberry forum site. all tricks dey specify i have tried, do anyone have any idea on what to do, or where i can get the so called rapid charging pod. before i dig up a hole at the backyard for this trash tablet. angry angry angry
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD1: 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2012
Why was I banned by the bot for my response to triplr? Moderators post rectify this
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tripler: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2012
I dont know why as well but i really need some help regarding this because i have lots of file and doc on my Playbook which its affecting already. May be you should help me repost your reply or suggestion or still if their is a number i can reach you on i will appreciate.

Thanks

TCD.:
Why was I banned by the bot for my response to triplr? Moderators post rectify this
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tripler: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2012
TCD. Maybe you should make it a new post I should be able to read cus I see no reason why the post should be ban. Also you can send ur advice to rasheed404@yahoo.com I should be able to get it in my mail. Am sure their might be other playbook user with this same issues as well.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
Lol, dude this banning thing tire me. Anyway, have you tried repairing the OS using desktop manager? That's about the only saving grace for you now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Carlcare Is Here With You / How Do I Know If I Am Sharing My Data With Someone Unknowingly? / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.