Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (90920 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tripler: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
even the desktop manager as refuse to identify or should i say recognize the playbook, its just so frustrating right now.

TCD: Lol, dude this banning thing tire me. Anyway, have you tried repairing the OS using desktop manager? That's about the only saving grace for you now
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
What doez DM say? And is ur DM the latest 7.1?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
i need help, i cant get to update my PB. av been on the update thing for 3weeks now. av tried all internet connections (wifi) i used DM too it still wouldnt download. any other way around this?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tripler: 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
DM is not even connecting my PB if its plug in. The version is still on 6 not the new 7.1 someone said I need a rapid charger to bring it back to life but dis I can't find. I just can't imagine why a tablet will be drained and charging it back up turns into a problem. If I may ask have u ever run ur PB batt to zero % before? Cus I was told its because I allowed it to run into zero % dat why its not coming up with da normal charger.

TCD: What doez DM say? And is ur DM the latest 7.1?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD1: 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
Damn, got banned again. I tire o.

As at now, there is no way besides getting DM to at least recognize your playbook so you can update.If you can't do that, you have to keep trying. It took me a few tries to get it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tripler: 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
I just checked my DM software update now and I got a message saying its the latest version I am on. But dis PB can't still be found by the DM, is dis not a waste of scare resources. Blackberry don finish me. Also wat could be the reason why Bb bold 5 will just trip of by its self even when the batt is still half full. Cus even my bold 5 as its own issue it will jst go off untill I remove the bat and after that I have to play a music in other to prevent it from going off again or leave an application on running but after some hours its system will be back to normal, cus dis bb of a tin jst wan frustrate dere self.

I hope this is going to work, cus this PB is just a weak Old and its given its self so much stress, I just tire,

TCD.:
Damn, got banned again. I tire o.

As at now, there is no way besides getting DM to at least recognize your playbook so you can update.If you can't do that, you have to keep trying. It took me a few tries to get it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD1: 1:07am On Jun 10, 2012
Strange to me. What does desktop manager do or say when u connect the playbook? What about ur computer, does it recognize something has been plugged in and tries to install the driver? Have u tried another usb port on your computer, or tried another different laptop entirely. This stuff is all about troubleshooting, you have to cast your net wide and think of everything as the problem could be from anywhere.

For your malfunctioning bold 5 (which is a terrible phone from blackberry imo angry lipsrsealed ) reloading the software wouldn't hurt, it might help,don't forget to back up before.Also make sure the problem isn't a battery contact issue if ur battery isn't held tightly in place, it's going to cause these kinda probe.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 5:47am On Jun 10, 2012
tcd pls help on my issues
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2012
drumme: tcd pls help on my issues
I posted a reply to u, It went hidden and I got banned. Even posted some videos. The above posts also apply to you. DM is the only viable option. You say you've tried wifi and DM, (try have the latest DM installed) could you describe what you did and the response you got or error message from each?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 11:48am On Jun 10, 2012
can u email to drumme2000@yahoo.com. av installed the latest DM. error occured while downloading tablet os pls try again.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2012
Since you're having trouble downloading the os from rims servers, there are ways to trick DM into downloading from other 3rd party servers or pseudo servers you can create by yourself on your PC, basically means you download the playbook OS into ur computer then instead of DM connecting to RIM servers to update, it just updates from the Local OS you have downloaded and storoedin your computer.

Didnt want to bring it up earlier coz its kinda technical and somewhat complicated even I sef havent sat down to critically look at it coz i've not needed it. I'll post the link to the tutorial
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Here,s the link. Remember, if you're going to try this out, read and understand all instructions carefully.

[url]
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-tablet-os-f228/playbook-update-server-windows-684367/[/url]
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2012
Whatever OS you download make sure its an OS2, dont waste your time downloading an OS1.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
i tried it....i didnt get it. dumb head. Unzip the archive in a directory of your choice. It will create a directory named
"Playbook_Update_Server". In that folder, you will find a go.bat to start the server and
a stop.bat to stop the server, and various other files that the server relies on for
operation. You will also find a directory called "HTTP_ROOT", that the server uses as
its document root.

i didnt see "HTTP_ROOT" and "Playbook_Update_Server"
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
Wherever u unzip the contents to, that's where you'll find those folders. If you can't find it means u haven't unzipped, or you have the wrong zip file.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
i used winrar and those files are not there. still feeling bad yet i love the pb
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
drumme: i used winrar and those files are not there. still feeling bad yet i love the pb
brother, I just went there and downloaded the rar and extracted it, lo and behold HTTP-ROOT and co are staring at me straight in the face with capital letters.

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Has anyone tried using the hotspot feature on os7.1 devices to update or setup their playbooks? Should be worth a shot.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
TCD: Has anyone tried using the hotspot feature on os7.1 devices to update or setup their playbooks? Should be worth a shot.

How cheap is that going to be? Expensive I meant!!! Are you aware of how large this updates are + how slow our networks are?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
Lexusgs430:

How cheap is that going to be? Expensive I meant!!! Are you aware of how large this updates are + how slow our networks are?
If someone is using something like airtel that gives 1.5GB of data for BIS and allows tethering plus they have 3.75g(so they say) in all 36 states. That can plausibly do nicely. Or maybe subscribing the 3GB MTN Night plan for 2,500 and do your update at night using your is 7.1 BB as a wireless hotspot.

I'm just putting it out there sha. I'm not even sure if the playbook will connect to a wifi hotspot created by the BB 7. I'm yet to try one out.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
TCD: If someone is using something like airtel that gives 1.5GB of data for BIS and allows tethering plus they have 3.75g(so they say) in all 36 states. That can plausibly do nicely. Or maybe subscribing the 3GB MTN Night plan for 2,500 and do your update at night using your is 7.1 BB as a wireless hotspot.

I'm just putting it out there sha. I'm not even sure if the playbook will connect to a wifi hotspot created by the BB 7. I'm yet to try one out.

Cool, hopefully someone that has tried it would feed back.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 2:47am On Jun 11, 2012
TCD.. You just made a new friend in me. I just reopened my nairaland account because of you. I have the playbook, its lovely. The only limitation i have is not being able to download large files 5MB+ apart from mp3 files. Any workaround about that. I dont have wifi so i cant download large bar files too. I wouldnt mind some of your games and apps especially the large ones.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by konari(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2012
Has anyone tried tango? Its like skype but only for android and ios devices. I'm guessing since android apps can be side loaded on pb it'll be possible to side load this app as well. And since there's no skype for pb this app would come in handy for video calls. Its a really cool app. Works really well on airtel network. Video chat with friends from all over the world. If it can be sideloaded on the pb that'll be awesome. The skype team can take a plunge in the lagoon for refusing to create skype for pb.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:26am On Jun 11, 2012
Racheed: TCD.. You just made a new friend in me. I just reopened my nairaland account because of you. I have the playbook, its lovely. The only limitation i have is not being able to download large files 5MB+ apart from mp3 files. Any workaround about that. I dont have wifi so i cant download large bar files too. I wouldnt mind some of your games and apps especially the large ones.
lol, I'm flatterd bro, glad I could help. cheesy

Never heard of this 5mb limit, what network are you using? You can try renaming each file you're downloading to. Mp3, see if it helps. You can always rename the downloaded file to its original extension using and app called file and folders.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2012
konari: Has anyone tried tango? Its like skype but only for android and ios devices. I'm guessing since android apps can be side loaded on pb it'll be possible to side load this app as well. And since there's no skype for pb this app would come in handy for video calls. Its a really cool app. Works really well on airtel network. Video chat with friends from all over the world. If it can be sideloaded on the pb that'll be awesome. The skype team can take a plunge in the lagoon for refusing to create skype for pb.
Sorry man, Tango doesn't work on the playbook. Doesn't work when sideloaded.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2012
When I bought my playbook about two weeks ago,a guy asked for 15k for the upgrade to be done for me. What I did was to buy etisalat night plan for four k. I now use the wifi of my curve4 to connect the playbook to the Internet. The whole setup was a breeze. It took about thirty minutes for the update to be downloaded. The rest was just to follow the prompt.
My playbook has been up and running since then. I have also been able to sideload a few android apps following the instructions on this post. However I have not been able to get a torrent app that works. I have tried playtorrent and atorrent non of which work. Any advice in this regard will be appreciated. Thank to LCD.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2012
When I bought my playbook about two weeks ago,a guy asked for 15k for the upgrade to be done for me. What I did was to buy etisalat night plan for four k. I now use the wifi of my curve4 to connect the playbook to the Internet. The whole setup was a breeze. It took about thirty minutes for the update to be downloaded. The rest was just to follow the prompt.
My playbook has been up and running since then. I have also been able to sideload a few android apps following the instructions on this post. However I have not been able to get a torrent app that works. I have tried playtorrent and atorrent non of which work. Any advice in this regard will be appreciated. Thank to TCD.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2012
My playbook has been up and running since then. I have also been able to sideload a few android apps following the instructions on this post. However I have not been able to get a torrent app that works. I have tried playtorrent and atorrent non of which work. Any advice in this regard will be appreciated. Thank to TCD.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 9:34am On Jun 11, 2012
Sorry for the multiple post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (66) (Reply)

Carlcare Is Here With You / How Do I Know If I Am Sharing My Data With Someone Unknowingly? / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.