Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,452 members, 7,853,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (91406 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Racheed: HELP ANYONE, TCD. A few of my android apps have stopped connecting to the internet i.e those ones that connect thru the native android browser e.g skyfire, dolphin browser, tubemate, soccer tv abbl. The last time it happened i reloaded my O.S. Dont wanto have to do that again. Thanks in advance
i have never experienced this before, don't get what could be wrong. Have you tried a hard reset? Since reloading the OS worked last time give it a try again.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by mjay(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
Pls help! My NEW BB Playbook failed to connect to server for os installation. I used both zain and Mtn 3g. What else can I use. I have no problem installing my former 16g PBook. this is a 64gb playbk, anyone got similar experience.? How did you overcome it ?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
TCD: i have never experienced this before, don't get what could be wrong. Have you tried a hard reset? Since reloading the OS worked last time give it a try again.
is there any other applications that can I can use in place of the file and folders, couldn't find the new version to sideload.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by konari(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
sup TCD, what MTN BIS plan are you on? the 3k BIS PLAN OR THE 1K4 BIS PLAN? have you upgraded to the latest pb OS released by RIM, according to crackberry.com i understand the upgrade now supports android apps that require access to the camera as in andriod apps can now access the camera, based on this, i wonder if "tango" would now work on pb, i guess skype still wont work considering the fact that skype now belongs to microsoft.
anyway, could you pls confirm if tango (which is an android app akin to skype) now works on pb. cheers

longing to get my own pb soonest.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by konari(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
With rumors of the BlackBerry PlayBook 4G launching on July 31st, it's looking like RIM is getting things lined up for a full on BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 rollout as well. As we know from the beta build, BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 will bring quite a few changes with it but as noted in the above document, it has some changes and inclusions that weren't present in the beta build plus, some features that will be for the BlackBerry PlayBook 4G only. Some of the highlights include:

Software updates are no longer mandatory during setup. The customer can choose the best time to update for them.
Setting Up WiFi connection is no longer mandatory at setup
Software updates can be done over a cellular network (4G models only)
Portrait Mode can now be used with the Email, Calendar, and Contacts App
Greater flexibility and control over which folders are wirelessly synced when using Active Sync
Full access to IMAP Email folders
The BlackBerry PlayBook now gives you the ability to conduct a video chat over 4G Cellular Networks (Some Carrier Restrictions May Apply)
Print To Go - Now you can send content to your BlackBerry PlayBook even if it’s not connected to the same WiFi network.
Android Apps will now run in individual windows rather than being lumped into one Android Player Window.
Apps which require access to the camera are now supported
In-App Payments can now be submitted. Buying that next power-up in your game is easier than ever!
Video Store is now available in Canada. Thousands of movies and TV shows, new & old, available on demand to rent or buy New releases available same day as DVD
Text Messaging is now supported with BlackBerry Bridge. When Bridged you can read, send and receive text messages on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
When Bridged, and connected to WiFi, the BlackBerry PlayBook automatically sends and receives data over the WiFi network to decrease cellular data usage, and increase performance.
Looking over the information, while meant for the BlackBerry Playbook, it's pretty easy to see a few things that will make their way to BlackBerry 10 as well. Active Sync for email, Video Chat (BBM) working over LTE, possibly offering Video Store on smartphones and what of the Android App Player? Lots of things to look forward to.

Sadly, the documentation lacks any sort of release date but RIM internal builds of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 are getting up there and assuming the launch date of the BlackBerry PlayBook 4G is indeed correct, it would make a lot of sense for RIM to release BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 alongside it.

http://crackberry.com/rim-preparing-blackberry-playbook-os-21-rollout-playbook-4g-launch-nears
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
^^^^ the os 2.1 isn't officially out yet. It's still in the beta testing phase and the beta doesn't have those goodies up there. If they eventually release the os I'll check out the tango stuff if I can find the bar file.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Chizzybenjamin(m): 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ TCD,
Can u pls help w d fones dat r most compatible with a Playbook.
As in d range of fones to help me no which to get.
Thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
TCD i wanna ask a question. Must one have 2.0 Beta to be able to use android player.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2012
Chizzybenjamin: @ TCD,
Can u pls help w d fones dat r most compatible with a Playbook.
As in d range of fones to help me no which to get.
Thanks
any 3G blackberry from 9300 upwards is fine. The 9220 isn't 3G even though it runs os7.1 so beware.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
Niiade: TCD i wanna ask a question. Must one have 2.0 Beta to be able to use android player.
2.0 isn't a beta. Already out since February. It's 2.1 that's in beta zone awaiting release. 2.0 has the Android player.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2012
TCD, how does one get the android player on a 2.0 please. thank you
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:42am On Aug 01, 2012
TCD: any 3G blackberry from 9300 upwards is fine. The 9220 isn't 3G even though it runs os7.1 so beware.

If you meant the blackberry 9320, it is also 3G enabled.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:05am On Aug 01, 2012
Niiade: TCD, how does one get the android player on a 2.0 please. thank you
android player is already there , no need to get anything again.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2012
Lexusgs430:

If you meant the blackberry 9320, it is also 3G enabled.
the 9220 is the new version of 8520 doeant have 3G, its like a 9320 without 3G. Surprised why such a device is being produced in 2012.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2012
TCD: the 9220 is the new version of 8520 doeant have 3G, its like a 9320 without 3G. Surprised why such a device is being produced in 2012.

I tire o! Never knew there was also a 9220. Google here I come!!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2012
TCD: the 9220 is the new version of 8520 doeant have 3G, its like a 9320 without 3G. Surprised why such a device is being produced in 2012.

I do not think it was released on any UK network (yet). I wonder what market they released it for? Only 2G in may 2012? And they wonder why they are making huge losses and losing market - share ?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2012
Lexusgs430:

I do not think it was released on any UK network (yet). I wonder what market they released it for? Only 2G in may 2012? And they wonder why they are making huge losses and losing market - share ?

The BB 9320 and 9220 are budget smart phones focused mainly for the Nigerian and indian Market
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2012
bukahands:

The BB 9320 and 9220 are budget smart phones focused mainly for the Nigerian and indian Market

On the contrary, the 9320 was released in the UK.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
smiley
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
Jarmzone: I don't think the Bold 9700 can tether (internet) with the playbook... I'm on MTN BIS and still can't connect them for internet browsing. A friend of mine has the bold 5 and that one can connect effortlessly.

To tether and bridge are two separate things. Why would you want to tether your 9700 if you can bridge it effortlessly?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tivta(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Lexusgs430:

To tether and bridge are two separate things. Why would you want to tether your 9700 if you can bridge it effortlessly?

I think the guy is confused about tether and bridge despite TCD's explanation.
Since he claims his friends bold 5 works for "tether" he should sell his bold 2 and get the bold 5.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Ferdinard007: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
Can I bridge a bb playbook with a 3g nokia fone asha 300? Pls reply asap
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
@Ferdinard you can tether any phone with bluetooth with PlayBook. Pair the phone with bluetooth and then tethering it.please note the playbook will sick data from your nokia. It is only BB that give free data for playbook.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ferdinard007: Can I bridge a bb playbook with a 3g nokia fone asha 300? Pls reply asap

Another tether and bridge debate !!! You cannot bridge your nokia to a playbook but you can tether it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by pcwhiz(m): 1:34am On Aug 02, 2012
am gettin a playbk in d nxt few hrs but i hav a bb tour 9630. I want to knw if bridgin wit ds old bb model is goin to wrk grt lyk any oda 3g enabled bb fone or i hav to upgrade. Pls advice.tnx
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 9:16am On Aug 02, 2012
pcwhiz: am gettin a playbk in d nxt few hrs but i hav a bb tour 9630. I want to knw if bridgin wit ds old bb model is goin to wrk grt lyk any oda 3g enabled bb fone or i hav to upgrade. Pls advice.tnx

It worked with my old 9700 , I think it should work with any Os 5 blackberry
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by pcwhiz(m): 9:45am On Aug 02, 2012
spoilerx:

It worked with my old 9700 , I think it should work with any Os 5 blackberry
ok tnks. I will giv it a try
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Wait Lexus, are you saying I can browse on my PB just cos I've bridged it with my 9700? Please confirm
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 11:23am On Aug 02, 2012
tivta:

I think the guy is confused about tether and bridge despite TCD's explanation.
Since he claims his friends bold 5 works for "tether" he should sell his bold 2 and get the bold 5.

@Tivta... thanks. I was confused all along but I get it now. My PB can browse via bridge with my 9700... I'm quite a bush man lol. thanks guys.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tivta(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2012
Jarmzone:

@Tivta... thanks. I was confused all along but I get it now. My PB can browse via bridge with my 9700... I'm quite a bush man lol. thanks guys.

You are welcome. Am glad you now understand. I must confess technology is complicated at times thats why we all seek help from one another. Perhaps your friend wanted you to buy his bold 5 lol.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Ferdinard007: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
benzion72: @Ferdinard you can tether any phone with bluetooth with PlayBook. Pair the phone with bluetooth and then tethering it.please note the playbook will sick data from your nokia. It is only BB that give free data for playbook.

But I can tether d pb with BIS?
I mean can I subscribe 2 d BIS on d nokia and still tether it? Will it use d BIS sinse its not bb?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ferdinard007:
But I can tether d pb with BIS?
I mean can I subscribe 2 d BIS on d nokia and still tether it? Will it use d BIS sinse its not bb?
lol, bis is for blackberry phones only. Just go and get a blackberry phone and enjoy your pb.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (66) (Reply)

Cheap Android Phones That Cost 7000 Naira To 15000 Naira. / 15 Technically Possible But Awful Ways To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity / Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.